Deep Politics Forum

Full Version: Coronavirus Quarantine at Ontario Airport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard this story from a relative, whose credibility I have no reason to doubt. I shall refer to him as Mr.  X. I present it here to see if anyone else has heard anything about this since it must have involved hundreds of people, and should not be difficult to verify.

Mr. X was in Tulsa, Oklahoma and in the morning of March 14 he was going home on a Southwest Airlines plane for a non-stop flight to the Ontario Airport in California. His home is about five miles from the Ontario Airport.

Upon landing, men in police uniforms beckoned to the passengers to come with them. There were 135 passengers. They took them to a large hangar that had been converted into an assembly hall. They also took the flight crew, pilot, co-pilot, a male flight attendant and a female flight attendant, to this same area. There were many cots in the assembly hall, spaced six feet apart, and the people picked out cots at random to sit on. In the process of a large crowd making their choices, inevitably some people got separated from their loved ones. Of course, they believed this to be temporary. The flight crew however remained together in their choice of cots.

One of the men in uniform told the assembled people that the flight crew had been tested for the coronavirus “previously” and the results came in while the plane was in flight. Both attendants had tested positive for the virus.

Mr. X as well as others on the flight remembered the female attendant as especially energetic and bubbly, getting very close to people in serving their needs or asking if they needed anything. She did not appear at all to be sick. Neither did the male attendant.

The assembled people were told that they were going to be quarantined. They could not change cots and had to remain where they were, even if that meant not being close to their loved ones. They did not want people talking with one another. They were told they would eventually be assigned rooms but there were two groups ahead of them. One group came from a plane going from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. It had been diverted to the Ontario Airport. Another plane that was headed for Los Angeles was also diverted to Ontario. Of the three planes that were being quarantined, only Mr. X’s plane was scheduled to go to Ontario. During the 30 to 45 minute talk, the word “germs” came up many times. They took everyone’s cell phones, saying that they had to be “disinfected.” They were then told that they would be allowed one phone call and that they had to take turns using the phone. Mr. X used his one phone call to call a friend who was there to pick him at the airport and tell this person that he was being detained because of the virus. Among the passengers there were businessmen who needed to make many telephone calls, but they were denied. People of course were getting angry and asking a lot of questions such as when would they get their cell phones back or when would they be allowed to leave. To all questions the uniformed men said “Sorry, we cannot tell you. You will find out later.”

Everyone in the assembly area were tested with a nose and throat swab. The ones testing them wore heavy duty protective suits.

The people remained in the assembly hall for several days waiting for the results of their tests. No one showed any symptoms of sickness even the flight attendants showed no symptoms. In fact, judging by her energetic nature, the stewardess seemed to be the healthiest of any of them. Although discouraged from talking with one another, the uniformed men of course could not stop them. People were heard saying if the reason for being quarantined was to stop the spread of disease why were the flight attendants not separated out from among them. Mr. X heard a lot of conspiracy talk, which by nature he was inclined to doubt, attributing good intentions to the ones quarantining them. A lot of people complained about the situation they were in. The loudest and most persistent complainers were the teenage girls who demanded their cell phones back. They were told to shut up and endure the situation like everyone else.

After one week the first two groups got their test results. None tested positive and they were allowed to leave. Mr. X’s group had to wait three more days. It took ten days altogether to get their results back. In the meantime, they were given rooms somewhere that was on the grounds of the airport. Mr. X described the rooms as like those used by company executives meeting at a conference. The rooms were exceptionally lavish, and the people had access to cable TV and the Internet. What they did not have access to was their emails. Mr. X tried repeatedly to access his email or post a comment on a forum, but was blocked with a message that “You are not authorized to go this website.” While in his room, he had no interaction with the other passengers. Food was brought to him by means of a tray that was left outside the door. When he was finished, he put the tray back outside the door. Since he was allergic to peanuts, he could not eat the peanut butter sandwich given to him. However, he had no way of communicating with anyone that he could not eat it. Eventually he got a message that if he had any food issues, he could write a message and leave it on the tray. The rooms were not locked, but if he tried to leave there would be guards in the hallway who would tell him to go back into his room.

At the end of ten days, the results came back and everyone tested was negative for the virus. They were still not allowed to go however and had to wait four more days to be released. Two weeks after arriving at Ontario, he was given his cell phone back and other belongings and told he could leave, like he was leaving a prison. After going home, he was monitored by phone. They wanted to know what his activities were and where he was going. Since he was by nature a home body, the only thing he needed to got out for was to get food. They called him frequently throughout the day. By the time I talked with him on April 16, he said he was cleared and no longer had to account for his comings and goings.

With three planes quarantined, there must have been hundreds of people involved. Mr. X could not find anything on the Internet about any of this and neither could I. Since this story is so strange, it needs either to be verified or disproven. It would seem to be easy to do, but I am not sure how to go about it.

It does not make sense that they did not separate the flight attendants unless thier intent was not to stop the spread of the virus but to foster its spread for some sinister purpose.