Deep Politics Forum
Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard (/thread-14371.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Jim DiEugenio - 22-12-2015

Well, there goes that excuse.

SmileSmile

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Jim DiEugenio - 23-12-2015

BTW, the other part of the book that I found very important and fascinating was the attempted overthrow of DeGaulle which the CIA went along with and then lied about. This happened about the same time as Bay of Pigs.

Combined with that and Dulles' deciding to kill Lumumba before JFK was inaugurated and then hide that from him, I mean Kennedy had no choice but to fire him. OR the guy would have subverted his whole foreign policy agenda for four years.

And how about the DeGaulle interview when he returned from Kennedy's funeral? He had the whole thing nailed in 72 hours. Down to Oswald was supposed to be killed, but they had to bring in Ruby as the clean up guy.

Nice one.

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Joseph McBride - 23-12-2015

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:BTW, the other part of the book that I found very important and fascinating was the attempted overthrow of DeGaulle which the CIA went along with and then lied about. This happened about the same time as Bay of Pigs.

Combined with that and Dulles' deciding to kill Lumumba before JFK was inaugurated and then hide that from him, I mean Kennedy had no choice but to fire him. OR the guy would have subverted his whole foreign policy agenda for four years.

And how about the DeGaulle interview when he returned from Kennedy's funeral? He had the whole thing nailed in 72 hours. Down to Oswald was supposed to be killed, but they had to bring in Ruby as the clean up guy.

Nice one.

And Castro had it pretty well figured out by the day after it happened, when
he gave his long analytical speech about the right-wingers in the US probably
being responsible for the JFK hit. Castro and de Gaulle both had been the targets
of attempted assassinations, and they knew how all that worked.

Right on Joe.

Castro, if I recall, Castro actually went one better by saying that Oswald had all the hallmarks of being an FBI informant.

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Joseph McBride - 23-12-2015

The text of the Castro speech is in Martin Schotz's book. I have
a copy of the text but am having trouble posting it.

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Deborra Ann Low - 23-12-2015

Jim DiEugenio on The Devil's Chessboard - Dawn Meredith - 23-12-2015

Joseph McBride Wrote:The text of the Castro speech is in Martin Schotz's book. I have

I first saw a portion of this speech in the first book on Garrison. I have forgotten the authors name, he passed away not too long ago. It was one of about 30-40 books I borrowed to do a research paper on the assassination for a college class. Then decades later Vince Salandria (bless his heart) sent me Marty's book so I was able to read the speech in its entirely. It really needs to be online for all to read because Castro presents hard evidence, along with his opinion. Any idiot who tries to propose a Castro did it scenario needs to read that speech.

Dawn

Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Joseph McBride Wrote:The text of the Castro speech is in Martin Schotz's book. I have

I first saw a portion of this speech in the first book on Garrison. I have forgotten the authors name, he passed away not too long ago. It was one of about 100 books I borrowed to do a research paper on the assassination for a college class. Then decades later Vince Salandria (bless his heart) sent me Marty's book so I was able to read the speech in its entirely. It really needs to be online for all to read because Castro presents hard evidence, along with his opinion. Any idiot who tries to propose a Castro did it scenario needs to read that speech.

Dawn

Opps I see that it IS posted. Yea!!!

Dawn, I think the book you are talking about is Paris Flammonde's The Kennedy Conspiracy.

He died in the past year. I forgot he excerpted it there. What a smart guy. And a very underrated book.

http://www.ctka.net/2015/Paris%20Flammonde.html

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Dawn, I think the book you are talking about is Paris Flammonde's The Kennedy Conspiracy.

He died in the past year. I forgot he excerpted it there. What a smart guy. And a very underrated book.

http://www.ctka.net/2015/Paris%20Flammonde.html

Thank you Jim. That is indeed the book. Was also Facebook friends with Paris for years. Smart and super nice too. Reading that speech in Jan 1975 just blew me away. The big AIB conference was Jan 75 and I had a month off from college for the Christmas break so I took that time to read all those books, and write my paper. Got an A. Did a follow up paper for the same Prof. (Martin Luther Kilson) the next year critiquing the 4 night CBS special on the assassination. Found out so much about Itek. That was the special in which Dan Rather suggested that the backward head snap was the result of Jackie pulling him back. What a dick.