Deep Politics Forum
British Airport security - the rationale - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: War on Workers and Labor Unions and Students (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: British Airport security - the rationale (/thread-4706.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

British Airport security - the rationale - Magda Hassan - 30-10-2010

The United Arab Emirates' Civil Aviation Authority has rejected claims that a US-bound Emirates' flight from Dubai contained "suspicious" parcels from Yemen.

Fighter jets were scrambled on Friday to accompany an Emirates plane into New York's JFK airport after a security alert, US media reported.

Emirati authorities, however, said flight 201 carried no 'suspicious' cargo from Yemen as claimed by US-Canadian military agency NORAD.

UAE officials rejected the claim and said the plane was not a source of threat.

"The Emirates plane that arrived today in the United States from Dubai did not contain any packages from Yemen," the official Emirati WAM news agency quoted an unnamed source with the country's civil aviation body as saying.

North American military agency caused a media hype after it reported the suspicious flight.

"Out of an abundance of caution, the North American Aerospace Defense Command diverted two Canadian CF-18s to track a civilian aircraft that was determined to be an aircraft of interest as it flew into and over Canadian airspace," AFP quoted a NORAD statement as saying on Friday.

"The civilian aircraft was passed to two US F-15s as it transited into US airspace and its ultimate destination at JFK airport," the statement added.

According to a White House statement late Friday, Saudi Arabia had tipped it off before "packages from Yemen containing explosive materials" were found on US-bound planes.

US President Barack Obama was informed later on Thursday about a "potential terrorist threat" from suspicious packages from Yemen on two cargo planes, one in Britain and the other in Dubai, the White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said.

Meanwhile, the US president hinted at boosting the US military role in Yemen following reports about the "suspicious packages."
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/148857.html

British Airport security - the rationale - Ed Encho - 30-10-2010

Breaking today is the now standard of tying the false flag plot to the big bad bogeyman al CIAda. Big Sister, Janet Napolitano of Der Department of Heimat Security just out with this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69T10Z20101030

BOO! Brought to the cowards in the world's largest lemming colony the day before Halloween by their protectors in the American War Machine and the propaganda mills that churn out this crap like it's link sausage made with tainted skunk meat.

Quite an Experience to Live in Fear Isn't It? That is What it is to Be a Slave"

-Roy Baty

British Airport security - the rationale - Peter Lemkin - 30-10-2010

[QUOTE

Meanwhile, the US president hinted at boosting the US military role in Yemen following reports about the "suspicious packages."
[/QUOTE]

AHA! Yet another motive for this provocation! Halliburton already has the contracts ready for Yemen...as do Xi and the other private military. Will take care of them Ah-rabs jus the way we took care of the In-juns! [and for the same reasons!]...somethings haven't changed in the dark hearts of dark-hearted men!

British Airport security - the rationale - Paul Rigby - 30-10-2010

Paul Rigby Wrote:The whole dismal rigmarole is a complete nonsense dreamt up by perverts and weirdos within the Terrorism Industry, strange men and women content - nay, delighted - to spend their days patting other people's privates and inspecting their soiled smalls.

My CV accompanies.

Sir John Bedde Sawes (Non-Torturer)

Quote:The foreplay search: Outrage at new airport security check so invasive it will 'become a moral issue'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1324924/Airport-security-check-invasive-moral-issue.html

Rosemary Fitzpatrick, who works for news channel CNN, said a female screener ran her hands around her breasts, over her stomach, buttocks and her inner thighs, and briefly touched her crotch.

'I felt helpless, I felt violated, and I felt humiliated,' said Fitzpatrick.

Despotic perverts, the lot of 'em.

British Airport security - the rationale - Ed Encho - 30-10-2010

"AHA! Yet another motive for this provocation! Halliburton already has the contracts ready for Yemen...as do Xi and the other private military. Will take care of them Ah-rabs jus the way we took care of the In-juns! [and for the same reasons!]...somethings haven't changed in the dark hearts of dark-hearted men!"

OBushma now is going to need another war to stave off the coming wave of impeachment sleaze that is coming his way when the cesspool known as the U.S. Congress is churned on Tuesday and the Great Clinton Blow Job Inquisition II will be on. I am sure that the filthy scumbagger neoNazi Republicans will do anything to get B.O. to produce his birth certificate and maybe even try to get him to drop trou so they can see Mr. Wiggly just like they did with Bubba.

They are revving up the Rapture Bus now here in fascist America.

EE

British Airport security - the rationale - Magda Hassan - 31-10-2010

Another thought is that there is a strike on by the London fire fighters (amongst others). I wonder if the parcel had some thing to do with undermining their cause?
Who would put out the fire on the plane if the bomb went off?....blood on their hands.....too busy working a second job..... yadda yadda

British Airport security - the rationale - David Guyatt - 31-10-2010

And the band plays on:

Quote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/police-machine-gun-squads-for-britain/story-e6frea73-1225945812696?from=public_rss

Police machine gun squads for Britain

PARAMILITARY police squads armed with machine guns that can fire 750 rounds a minute will be set up across Britain to tackle the threat of a Mumbai-style terror attack in the run-up to the London Olympics.

In a move that will change the face of British policing, chief constables have agreed to buy several hundred Heckler & Koch G36 machine guns to arm the new units.

The squads will be composed of marksmen hand-picked from forces and will be attached to units in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and other regional centers. They will be on stand-by for 24 hours a day to deal with any attempts to replicate the raid by 10 gunmen on Mumbai in November 2008 in which 174 people died.

As well as terrorists they will be called out to incidents such as that involving Derrick Bird, the taxi driver who killed 12 people in Cumbria this summer before shooting himself.

The move follows months of Whitehall wrangling. Some regional chiefs had been reluctant to back the plan, fearing it would transform the image of the British bobby. But it has the backing of Prime Minister David Cameron, who is said to have taken a close interest in how to address the terrorist threat.

The machine guns are being deployed by the German and Spanish armies and have been used in counterinsurgency missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They have a range of 800m and can be fitted with a grenade-launcher. They will supplement the current model used by British police which is configured to fire a single round at a time.

The network will be under the control of local chief constables. But in a national emergency such as a terrorist assault they will be overseen by a new national co-ordinator based at Scotland Yard.

The anti-terrorist firearms response teams will mirror the half-dozen or so regional counterterrorist hubs set up after the July 2005 London bombings in which 52 people died.

The foregoing is reported by today's Sunday Times which is now pay to read.

And:

Quote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325224/U-S-wants-aircraft-carrier-Thames-Estuary-Olympics.html

U.S. wants own aircraft carrier in the Thames Estuary during Olympics

By Glen Owen
Last updated at 12:26 AM on 31st October 2010

The White House has offered to send a U.S. aircraft carrier to be stationed off the British coast and boost security during the London Olympics, Ministry of Defence sources claimed last night.

The suggestion is said to have been rejected by No10 because it would make the UK look ‘weak’. And last night Downing Street was silent on the claim.

But a well-placed source, with knowledge of international discussions about security for the 2012 Games, said the MoD had been offered a U.S. carrier, based in the Thames Estuary, to help defend the skies over London and eavesdrop on any terrorist ‘chatter’.

It is believed the Americans offered a 40,000-ton Wasp class amphibious assault ship, which carries up to 40 Sea Knight helicopters for the ship-to-shore ferrying of marines and equipment, as well as up to 20 Harrier II attack aircraft. It boasts a formidable battery of missiles capable of shooting down airliners in the event of an attempt to copy the 9/11 atrocities.

[Image: article-1325224-0BD7D561000005DC-421_634x342.jpg]
Offer: The White House wants to send a U.S. aircraft carrier to be stationed off the British coast and boost security during the London Olympics

The source said the ‘main motivation’ for the offer was felt to have been American self-interest.

If the Olympics were the object of a terrorist attack U.S. special forces could launch operations from the ship to airlift American citizens to safety.

In the past the Olympics have been a target for terrorists. In 1972 Israeli athletes were massacred at the Munich Games.

‘This idea was raised by the Americans over the summer,’ said the source. ‘The MoD put it up the chain and word came straight back from No10 - “No thanks, we don’t need the help”.’

The claim comes at a sensitive time for Britain’s Armed Forces. Cuts announced by David Cameron in the Defence Review this month will lead to the axing of our Harrier jump jets and the decommissioning of the Ark Royal carrier.

That means that no British planes will be available to fly from our sole aircraft carrier, Illustrious, in 2012.

Discussions about security at the London Games are already well-advanced, involving extensive liaison between Scotland Yard, the military and the major intelligence services - MI6, the CIA and Mossad.

[Image: article-1325224-0B7D8CD7000005DC-89_634x447.jpg]
The London Olympic Park in east London is currently under construction. If the Games were the object of a terrorist attack U.S. special forces could launch operations from the ship to airlift American citizens to safety

Last night an MoD spokesman said that plans were being drawn up for a naval vessel to offer ‘aerial defence’ in the Thames Estuary during the Games, but it was likely to be a British ship.

He said: ‘We haven’t made final decisions yet. There are a lot of options available, including Special Forces. But we are certainly capable of protecting ourselves. The Royal Navy can provide a Type 45 destroyer for aerial defence.’

Under current plans, one of the Navy’s three Type 45 destroyers - likely to be HMS Dauntless, which will come into service next year - would be moored in the estuary. It will be armed with the Principal Anti-Air Missile System, said to be capable of tracking and destroying a moving target the size of a cricket ball at a distance of 19 miles.

The ship could provide a secure, independent radio network linked to a military satellite if civilian radio communications collapsed during a terrorist incident.

The U.S. Navy sent a frigate to patrol the Greek coast during the 2004 Athens Olympics. But Greece had admitted it needed help with security. It is ranked 27th in the list of world economies - Britain is sixth.

A Pentagon source said last night that it was ‘very possible that there will be a U.S. naval presence’ at the London Games, although he claimed it would merely ‘fly the flag’.

What a delightful prospect - machine gun armed police on the streets and a US warship "flying the flag" and providing SpecForces personnel for security at London Olympics.

Of course, everyone knows that the UK has no special forces personnel at all, no SAS, no Commando regiments, no Special Boat Squadron, no Para's - and naturally we don't have any warplanes close to the Thames Estuary.

So, let's bring US military occupation of Blighty on, baby. On the plus side it'll remove the need for rendition flights - just ship them onto US sovereign "soil" in ol' father Thames. We can all line-up, buy snacks and sugar-drinks and settle down to enjoy the new show in town, as we watch the power-grid diminish as extra-judicial "terrorist" suspects get frazzled, and see the water-levels of the Thames lower as water-boarding becomes the deck-sport of the choice.

Luvely.

Bring back pubic executions I say.

Magda Hassan Wrote:Another thought is that there is a strike on by the London fire fighters (amongst others). I wonder if the parcel had some thing to do with undermining their cause?
Who would put out the fire on the plane if the bomb went off?....blood on their hands.....too busy working a second job..... yadda yadda

Assuming the potentially sinister and suspicious package was a "bomb" and not a simple ol' printer cartridge.

We might want to bear in mind that the sinister package was not found on the first search by UK authorities. It was only found on the second "look harder" search ("we fookin' planted the device so fooking go and find it, 'kay!").

British Airport security - the rationale - Magda Hassan - 31-10-2010

You have got to be fucking joking??????
Having lived through the years of marketing horror that was the Sydney Olympics there is no way I would actually pay good money to go to some one elses corporate advertising big dick extravaganza but assuming I was mad enough to do so I would be cancelling my tickets and reservations and going to a nice quiet tropical island to watch handsome native boys climb coconut trees. Why on earth would any sentient being subject them selves to this? Let alone the poor natives of London.

Magda Hassan Wrote:You have got to be fucking joking??????
Having lived through the years of marketing horror that was the Sydney Olympics there is no way I would actually pay good money to go to some one elses corporate advertising big dick extravaganza but assuming I was mad enough to do so I would be cancelling my tickets and reservations and going to a nice quiet tropical island to watch handsome native boys climb coconut trees. Why on earth would any sentient being subject them selves to this? Let alone the poor natives of London.

Yeah.

I went to the recent Ryder Cup in Wales with my sons and grandson and a good time was had by all. Eventually.

But the entrance security came as a massive surprise. A small golf radio tuned into the Ryder Cup radio station that was lent to me by a friend was confiscated. On the other hand I could easily pay £10.00 and buy a new one inside the Course and, thereafter, carry this into the event without any trouble. Rucksacks bigger than 8 x 8 x 8 were forbidden and had to be turned in to be held in safe-keeping till the end of the day. Thus all waterproofs had to be worn and not carried, sandwiches and food was effectively binned (to be bought on-site of course) and mobile phones also had to be turned over to security. On site a hot sausage in a roll cost £6.50. It was a profit-fest. And the 40,000 "spectators" who were lucky to have spent nearly £100.00 a day to get in unbeknownst to them underwent a security check before tickets were "awarded" to them.

All this to be treated like garbage.

Never again.