Deep Politics Forum
"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: "The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date (/thread-7289.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Phil Dragoo - 07-04-2013

Gene Hackman also amazed in Enemy of the State (1998) as an NSA elint retiree caught in the Agency's rogue element's pursuit of a film of its mechanics killing an inconvenient Federal legislator.

Tunnels indeed. Garrison's Fruge advised HSCA's Burris of Sergio Arcacha Smith's maps of Dealey sewer tunnels.

As Clinton's nuclear warfare chief Haber took Yeltsin to task over the treaty-violating Yamantau Mountain installation, I see it echoes a science fiction book I read in the early 'sixties, Level 7:

http://sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/book-review-level-7-mordecai-roshwald-1959/

Written the year Condon wrote The Manchurian Candidate, Level 7 moves to subterranean defensive position only to perish to the last man, the first-person narrator, dying in mid-sentence

As topical as today's cheery report of Kim Jong-Un's converted Russian MAZ TELs rolling over roads bearing three-stages of tension.

The world holds its breath.

At the beginning of this Kabuki, the year after Manchurian Candidate and Level 7, Dean Acheson Founding Father of the Dulles Commission omitted Korea from US defense perimeter and in June Grandfather Kim Il-Sung with Mao's blessing and generals, invades

Korea, like Cuba the problem created in . . . 1959 . . . must be maintained, even as Emanuel Goldstein is never killed or captured

The Package and all of the trappings of dark paranoia are intertwined in the pipe smoke of the World's Greatest Liars, in Angleton's description

In point of fact North Korea's nuclear program advanced due to the assistance of the A Q Khan network protected by US intelligence

Much as Germany rearmed with Allied money and even Russian assistance in aircraft production

And of course Dulles was there, pooh-poohing the danger of Hitler, procuring US loans for Germany

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Bernice Moore - 07-04-2013

thanks Phil,and... Dawn, Phil your mention of arcacha seems all that is known is what you have mentioned...hard to dig anything else out....just a s/a thought if the digger dans ceased their tunnel work, i imagine the sales of Pet Rocks would come to a stand still.:fullofit:i'm gone...thanks..b

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Peter Lemkin - 08-04-2013

Without looking at the year, I proceeded to download a film called The Package [2012]....and when finished started to watch it. Every few minutes I'd stop it and look back at this thread, wondering what redeeming value others had found or I was not finding. I was very confused as the 2012 version of that name is a horrible example of gratuitous violence and endless shoot 'em ups, fist fights, et al. Now, I just to the version you were all talking about and will look at it later....

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Dawn Meredith - 08-04-2013

Peter Lemkin Wrote:Without looking at the year, I proceeded to download a film called The Package [2012]....and when finished started to watch it. Every few minutes I'd stop it and look back at this thread, wondering what redeeming value others had found or I was not finding. I was very confused as the 2012 version of that name is a horrible example of gratuitous violence and endless shoot 'em ups, fist fights, et al. Now, I just to the version you were all talking about and will look at it later....

Wrong film Peter. Released in about 89. Sounds like you forund the correct one.

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Jan Klimkowski - 08-04-2013

This one.

Quote:The Package is a 1989 political thriller film directed by Andrew Davis and starring Gene Hackman, Joanna Cassidy and Tommy Lee Jones. Set during the Cold War, the film portrays an assassination conspiracy within both the U.S. and Soviet militaries. The Americans and Soviets are about to sign a disarmament treaty to completely eliminate nuclear weapons, but elements within each country's military are vehemently opposed to such a plan and determined to stop it at all costs. Roger Ebert awarded the film three stars out of four, calling it " smarter than most thrillers".

(snip)

Cast

Gene Hackman as U.S. Army Master Sergeant Johnny Gallagher
Joanna Cassidy as U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Eileen Gallagher
Tommy Lee Jones as Thomas Boyette
John Heard as U.S. Army Colonel Glen Whitacre
Dennis Franz as Chicago Police Lieutenant Milan Delich
Pam Grier as U.S. Army 1st Lieutenant Ruth Butler
Reni Santoni as Chicago Police Lieutenant
Ike Pappas as himself

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Phil Dragoo - 08-04-2013

http://www.amazon.com/The-Package-Gene-Hackman/dp/B000035P5V

http://www.ovguide.com/the-package-9202a8c04000641f8000000000ccc0fb

Bought, watched it, noted the US and USSR milint saw it expedient to decapitate their respective regimes and continue the Cold War business model

Quaint, really, when Gladio's Strategy of Tension serves up "incidents" as efficiently as Scott Adams' Random Policy Generator

Should be bolted down, however, reducing the wild swings from Kim Kardashian to Kim Jong-Un

A Moveable Fiasco

Tonight: Hillary Reset: MB v Assad in Putin-on-the-Ritz Coliseum

Be there

(or, Dancing With the Stars on The Jersey Shore--your call)

and, if violence is gratuitous, you're not doing it right

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Jim DiEugenio - 10-04-2013

I think Charles liked this so much because it showed that the hard right on both sides tried to head off any kind of detente.

There is some truth to that.

After JFK was murdered, Brezhnev used Nikita's now weakened position to displace him.

Another example, at Iceland, the hard right, like Perle, wanted Reagan to turn down the great offer by Gorby in order to keep Star Wars fantasy going but also to weaken Gorbachev.

THey got what they wanted with Yeltsin. And the almost complete destruction of the Soviet economy. THat is one of the great untold crimes of the last century.

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Magda Hassan - 10-04-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Another example, at Iceland, the hard right, like Perle, wanted Reagan to turn down the great offer by Gorby in order to keep Star Wars fantasy going but also to weaken Gorbachev.

THey got what they wanted with Yeltsin. And the almost complete destruction of the Soviet economy. THat is one of the great untold crimes of the last century.
Yep. It was a great crime and needs to be better known. But like lots of inconvenient history it wont be.

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Magda Hassan - 10-06-2013

Finally got around to watching this the other day. Everything you said it was. Going to watch it again tomorrow with out distractions.

"The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date - Magda Hassan - 11-06-2013

Two things to note.
Firstly, early in the movie when the US general who did not want to participate in the operation and who was blown up in his car down the road from the country house the action was claimed by some 'terrorist' group. Clearly it was not that group but another with altogether different aims. I wonder how many times this has happened in the real world? There are several actions attributed to INLA that I have reason to believe were not done by them. (And there is at least one action carried out by them that they probably didn't initiate despite thinking they did so. Most ably demonstrated in Jan's thread here )

Secondly, when ever I see Tommy Lee Jones in a movie I am always reminded that his cousin is Charles Braden whose day job used to be the CIA liason to Hollywood. His current mission seems to be to push Roswell as a real extraterrestial event. Quite interesting given his cousin's prominent role as Men in Black's Agent 'K'....I quite like TLJ as an actor and he seems an interesting person in his own right. Mum a police officer, college room mate of Al Gore, serious polo player with Argentinian stables, promoter of fracking. Did his college thesis on 'Catholic mechanics' within the literary works of Flannery O'Connor.