Deep Politics Forum
National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them (/thread-9431.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Peter Lemkin - 15-06-2012

Quote:Adele Edisen said: "David Atlee Phillips of the CIA is one person who should be scrutinized as a conspirator in the murder of John Kennedy."

Adele, He's way up on my own 'definitely involved' list...,but he was not at the level of 'setting the ball rolling'...only in setting up the patsy and helping position and supply persons for various sub-operations within the larger one. He also did a lot of work on the coverup. May he not rest in peace. Of course, most Americans have never heard of him - nor the many others obviously involved [or touched by it - as were you, Adele] in one way or another. The propaganda machinery is well oiled and ongoing. The information is available in books and on the internet [such as here, in part], but one must actively seek it out for oneself, it won't be found in schools, universities or the MSM, etc. While most Americans don't believe Oswald acted alone or that he acted at all, they are for the most part totally confused as to what did happen - and more so of its consequences and connections to events today. We have much work to do for the 50th and the forces of evil, lies and obfuscation are already geared up for a propaganda blitz to re-brand their Big Lie on the events regarding and surrounding the JFK Assassination. The two new 'former CIA' guys re-selling the old canard of 'the commies did it' via Oswald is just one of the many lies to be rolled out with snake oil salesmen backed by the heirs to the original perpetrators. This will soon be a Blizzard of Lies by the 50th, I'm sure! As the Empire dies [having impaled itself on its grave lies and misdeeds], as with all wounded beasts, it is then at its most dangerous. Let us persevere the best we can. We are perhaps small in numbers and not having the moneybags of those pushing the Big Lie, but we have the truth and evidence on our side.

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Adele Edisen - 15-06-2012

Stirring words, my friend. Thank you. I think we all know what we must do.

Adele

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Adele Edisen - 15-06-2012

LR Trotter Wrote:
Adele Edisen Wrote:Thank you for your comment, L.R. I don't think your reactions to the assassinations of JFK, and then RFK, were far off from that of most Americans at the time, and up to today. In every opinion poll the great majority of American people believed there had been a conspiracy, either Oswald did not act alone, or he had not acted at all and the shooting was done by others and planned by others. As for Europeans, they were mostly convinced it had been a conspiracy. The Russians and Fidel Castro of Cuba were convinced it had been a right-wing conspiracy, a coup d'etat.

And so, for a young person like yourself, I think that was pretty smart on your part, don't you?

Adele

I have to be careful and not overestimate my GED aquired astuteness, Ms Edisen, especially with the benefit of hindsight. But, as I recall, the Sunday murder of LHO in the DPD basement under guard just seemed to be something of a pattern. I was outside and not watching TV when Jack Ruby shot LHO, and my Brother came out to where we were and told us what happened, so I saw a replay shortly after it occurred. I remember being amazed, but just not surprised. Admittedly, it took a lot of study to reach the point I am at now, including the monitoring of DPF over about 1 1/2 years. Slightly over a year before the JFK Assassination, I had lost my Dad, and I would love to have known his thoughts by the afternoon of 11/24/'63.
:alberteinstein:

That makes two of us who did not see Jack Ruby shoot Oswald when it happened on Sunday, November 24, 1963. I was on my way to downtown New Orleans to meet with US Secret Service Agent John W. Rice at the Federal Building at 600 South Street. It was Agent Rice who told me that they had just received word from Dallas that Oswald had been shot.

Oswald would not have been allowed to live long enough to go to trial or to begin talking about what he might have known, as that would uncover the guilty.

The original plan was to kill Oswald at the Texas Theater where Oswald had been lured on Friday, November 22. Gordon McLendon, millionaire owner of radio station KLIF in Dallas (and a CIA agent in the Far Eastern Division of the CIA and Jack Ruby's best friend) went to his radio station's studio and broadcast that Officer Tippit had been killed at the Texas Theater. Officer Tippit never got to the movie house for he had been killed on the street at Tenth and Patton Streets in view of several witnesses.

On the 35th-year anniversary of the John Kennedy assassination, another Dallas local radio station, KRLD, re-broadcast portions of the KLIF radio station's broadcasts of November 22, 1963, to which I listened on line. KLIF's broadcasts on November 22, 1963, were also shared with other radio stations around the United States because there were no national television or radio stations boadcasting from Dallas that day. I had two friends with whom I had gone to college and were now living in Brooklyn, New York, who heard this broadcast about the shooting of Tippit at the Texas Theater. In addition, I made friends with a couple here who had come from New Jersey and they had the same impression that Tippit had been killed at the theater. I took the wife of that couple with me to Dallas to attend the Lancer and COPA meetings in November of 2001, and while there, we took the Lancer bus tour of sites of importance related to the assassination, such as Lee Harvey Oswald's boarding house on Beckley Street, the Texas Theater, and Tenth and Patton Streets.

When the bus tour guide spoke of Officer Tippit being killed at Tenth and Patton my friend blurted out that she thought he had been killed at the Texas Theater. She was really surprised to learn this.

Gordon McLendon is another person to investigate.

Adele

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Magda Hassan - 15-06-2012

Adele Edisen Wrote:Gordon McLendon, millionaire owner of radio station KLIF in Dallas (and a CIA agent in the Far Eastern Division of the CIA and Jack Ruby's best friend) went to his radio station's studio and broadcast that Officer Tippit had been killed at the Texas Theater.
Oh, my?! Really? I did not know this. Yet another show of the hand.

Adele Edisen Wrote:Gordon McLendon is another person to investigate.
Yes, indeedy!

I know from Douglass' JFKU that Ruby was at the theatre and seen there by some.

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Peter Lemkin - 15-06-2012

Yes, that was a very interesting, if small, audience [sic] in that moviehouse that day. The DPD seemed poised to descend on it, as if forewarned; Ruby may well have been there; and most interesting were the two Oswald's arrested - one on the balcony [to forever disappear thereafter his arrest], and the one down below after moving around next to everyone trying to desperately locate his contact [as he had realized that he'd likely been set-up], who was arrested and summarily executed so he could not speak about the truth. Many believe the original scenario called for his execution by the police IN the movie house.

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Albert Doyle - 15-06-2012

Adele: You switch from Tippit killed at the Texas Theater to Oswald killed at the Texas Theater.

Albert Doyle Wrote:Adele: You switch from Tippit killed at the Texas Theater to Oswald killed at the Texas Theater.

Yes, Al, I did by mistake. I typed this around 4 or 5 in the morning without any sleep before. I have corrected it. Thanks for telling me.

I had been thinking that the purpose of having Oswald and Tippit at the theater at the same time was that Tippit would be killed there - not by Oswald, but by one of the other policemen who would descend on Oswald - and then Oswald would be shot by other policemen for killing Officer Tippit. The revolver used would be put into Oswald's hand and his revolver would be removed and it would disappear. Then the claim would be that the person who shot the President killed a police officer and was shot in response. No trial, and the government's phony story would be accepted. With Oswald having been "sheep-dipped" in the Soviet Union, who would argue that he was not a communist and pro-Castroite. Voila! War on Cuba, war with the Soviet Union.

Gordon McLendon apparently had great faith that this plan was being carried and, therefore, proceeded to broadcast the 'news.'

On that fateful Friday afternoon as I listened to the radio with others in the student laboratory at LSU Medical School, the radio reporter was already talking about communists being responsdible for the killing of the President. This was before Oswald had been captured and identified, and this was the first story given out by the CIA and their assets.

Adele

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Albert Doyle - 15-06-2012

It would be something if Tippit realized he was being framed and resisted the plan only to be shot by the conspirators at Patton and 10th.

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Phil Dragoo - 16-06-2012

After looking at Wikipedia and Spartacus I find this on 359-360 of my Douglass, Unspeakable:

Another Ruby-CIA connection that lay just beneath the surface was Ruby's friendship with Gordon McLendon, the owner of Dallas radio station KLIF. In an FBI interview, Jack Ruby identified Gordon McLendon as one of his six closest friends. When Ruby was arrested for shooting Oswald, he shouted out that he wanted the help of Gordon McLendon. Why radio station owner McLendon?

In 1978 the House Select Committee on Assassinations discovered that Gordon McLendon was then working closely with JFK assassination suspect David Atlee Phillips on a CIA propaganda front. McLendon, a World War II Naval intelligence officer in the Pacific Ocean Joint Intelligence Center at Pearl Harbor, was a leader in the Association of Former Intelligence Officers. Phillips, after "retiring" from being the Western Hemisphere chief of the CIA, had founded the group. Its purpose was to counter the widening, post-Watergate critique of the CIA that helped push Congress to reinvestigate the JFK and Martin Luther King assassinations. McLendon worked hand in hand with master propagandist Philllips at creating a less critical image of the CIA. On March 3, 1978, McLendon, Phillips, and Hollywood producer Fred Weintraub met with CIA director Admiral Stansfield Turner in his office to explore the idea of a TV series that would "fight back in defense of the CIA and other U.S. intelligence organizations."

In November 1963, Gordon McLendon was a less visible supporter of the CIA, but his Liberty Radio Network with its Dallas station was known for promoting a hard-line anti-communism. McLendon told the HSCA he "could not recall" if he had consciously provided a cover job for a particular CIA agent employed at one of his stations. He would, he added, have been happy to have his company serve as a CIA cover. He denied any knowledge of a plot to kill JFK. He also disclaimed being a friend of Jack Ruby, saying he was only "a close acquaintance" of the man whose first cry for help after murdering Oswald had been to Gordon McLendon.

~

In other sources McLendon wins essay contest judged by Luce. Joins Skull & Bones at Yale. Naval intelligence. And Lee Oswald attempts to call John Hurt in North Carolina.

Phillips seen with Oswald in Dallas summer of 63 per Veciana to Fonzi (Last Investigation).

Phillips was a regular handy man in the hemisphere:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB8/nsaebb8.htm

Schneider, Schneider. . .I have no specific recollection, but I meet so many people in the course of my (wet)work.

Regarding Tippit, his actions were anxious, expectant. His death, so not-Oswald-involved. The credible witness, a black woman threatened by two white cops. The ballistics courtesy Veg-O-Matic hawked by a carny.

Oswald's stunt double was supposed to leap from the sixth floor shouting, "Sic semper tyrannis," trot to Tippit and eject revolver shells, dash past a ticket booth with fourteen bucks, be surrounded in the theater which would be set alight, die resisting arrest by fascist stooges.

Oswald cries Hurt; Ruby, McLendon.

Phillips must have epic face-palmed.

National Archives Decides to Withhold JFK Assassination Records Instead of Declassifying Them - Charles Drago - 16-06-2012

Could all of this have turned out better for the Sponsors?

The "I rest my case" is understood.