Deep Politics Forum
What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? (/thread-14639.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? - Tracy Riddle - 13-04-2016

Scott Kaiser Wrote:
LR Trotter Wrote:Everyone ​deemed Kennedy soft on communism? Just seeking clarification.

Let me re-phase that, everyone I've talked to who was involved in the Bay of Pigs believed Kennedy was soft on communism. Including Grayston Lynch.

Everybody from the Cuban exiles all the way up to the Joint Chiefs of Staff thought he was soft on communism.

What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? - LR Trotter - 13-04-2016

Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
LR Trotter Wrote:Everyone ​deemed Kennedy soft on communism? Just seeking clarification.

Let me re-phase that, everyone I've talked to who was involved in the Bay of Pigs believed Kennedy was soft on communism. Including Grayston Lynch.

Everybody from the Cuban exiles all the way up to the Joint Chiefs of Staff thought he was soft on communism.

Certainly a small, yet vocal, percentage. The JCS were employed by the US citizens, a majority of which elected JFK as POTUS. And, any exiles, no matter from where, if they don't like our elected leaders, they can always leave. Unfortunately, it appears as though many exiles were used to push other's agenda during the JFK presidency. JMO. FWIW.

What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? - Scott Kaiser - 14-04-2016

LR Trotter Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:

Certainly a small, yet vocal, percentage. The JCS were employed by the US citizens, a majority of which elected JFK as POTUS. And, any exiles, no matter from where, if they don't like our elected leaders, they can always leave. Unfortunately, it appears as though many exiles were used to push other's agenda during the JFK presidency. JMO. FWIW.

For anyone trying to figure out Mr. Trotter's acronyms, they are as follows.

JCS = Joint Chief of Staff
US = United States
JFK = John F. Kennedy
POTUS = President of the United States
JMO = Just my opinion
FWIW = For what its worth

What was it that really prevented Jack Kennedy from going all in during the Bay of Pigs? - Scott Kaiser - 14-04-2016

On a more serious note, can anyone tell me why after I posted the USS Essex roster 1961, none of the pilots that flew the A4-Skyhawks are listed on the roster? Now, that's interesting. Perhaps, only the twelve that flew including the ships captain and or admiral knew about the flying missions over Cuba and no one else aboard the ship knew anything?

Were these orders approved by Kennedy to do these fly byes over Cuba? If so, why would Kennedy allow for that to happen if he said there would be no American military intervention, well, may be the United States didn't get involved, but in a sense, weren't they provoking the issue? And, Kennedy knew?

Just asking questions.