Deep Politics Forum
Coup Underway in Turkey - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Geopolitical Hotspots (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Coup Underway in Turkey (/thread-14862.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Coup Underway in Turkey - Peter Lemkin - 20-07-2016

There is NO way these people fired and arrested could all [or even most] have in any way been involved in the coup.....a lot of revenge housecleaning going on based on political preference or point of view. How could every head of every higher educational institution just happen to be involved in the coup plot - or even sympathetic to it?!

Quote:Along with thousands from the police and military:

The Turkish government on Tuesday escalated its wide-ranging crackdown against people it claims have ties to the alleged coup plotters, firing thousands and demanding the resignations of more.
Quote:The dismissals touched many branches of government:
  • 24,000 teachers and interior ministry employees suspended
  • 15,200 suspended from education ministry
  • 8,777 fired from the Board of Higher Education
  • 1,577 university deans being asked to resign
  • 492 fired from the directorate of religious affairs
  • 393 dismissed from the ministry of family and social policy
  • 257 staff booted from the prime minister's office
Tuesday's firings come on top of the roughly 9,000 people who have been detained by the government, including security personnel, judges, prosecutors, religious figures and others.
Turkey's state-run Anadolu news agency says courts have ordered 85 generals and admirals jailed, including top Air Force adviser, Lt. Col. Erkan Kivrak. They are awaiting trial over their roles in the coup attempt. Dozens of others were still being questioned.
Thousands of officials suspected of links to Gulen, meanwhile, were purged from the judiciary and the Interior Ministry.
In addition, thousands of academics received emails from the Higher Education Council, which governs all public and private post-secondary institutions, announcing restrictions on their travel on Monday afternoon, the CBC's Nil Köksal reported.
Professors at Istanbul Kultur University received emails with the subject line "International trips IMPORTANT!"
The emails advised the academics that, "Until further notice, for whatever reason, international trips have been stopped; it has been decided academics who are outside the country right now should return within a short time."

Erdogan seems to have set up an instant dictatorship.......[just add a 'coup' and stir]

(In fact, Erdogan had widely been called a dictator prior. He had increasingly attacked and arrested opposition press and commentators, and it has long been illegal to publicly criticize Erdogan......)

Coup Underway in Turkey - Danny Jarman - 20-07-2016

Guelen has set up many schools and madrasas in central Asia and the caucuses which is where, coincidentally of course, most of the ISIS fighters come from.

Anyway I totally trust Sibel's judgement and don't doubt her theory.

What I would like to know though is why and at what point Turkey and Russia became friendly, I remember one week Putin was calling Erdogan a dictator and the next, they were planning to meet each other and extend co-operation. I wonder what made this shift?

Coup Underway in Turkey - Magda Hassan - 20-07-2016

Well, he did apologise for shooting down the plane. But did not go so far as compensation to the family. Looking at it from Putin's point of view there are pipelines to build and NATO to weaken. So big gains. Plus Erdogan seems to be persona non grata at NATO and EU forums now. So looking for some shelter.

Coup Underway in Turkey - David Guyatt - 20-07-2016

Magda Hassan Wrote:Well, he did apologise for shooting down the plane. But did not go so far as compensation to the family. Looking at it from Putin's point of view there are pipelines to build and NATO to weaken. So big gains. Plus Erdogan seems to be persona non grata at NATO and EU forums now. So looking for some shelter.

Yes, I rather suspect there were well concealed and informal discussions prior to the letter of apology being sent.

The US have received a request for Gulen's extradition.

From WikiLeaks Turkey email leak.
"ISIL (ISIS, Daesh) fighters in Afghanistan are Really CIA and MI6 Thugs"
"intelligence agencies are profiting from this drug trafficking too. It has been reported that the mercenaries and the Afghan thugs/fighters are protecting the drug processing facilities and the drug trafficking."
Vertical integration.

https://wikileaks.org/akp-emails/emailid/9841https://wikileaks.org/akp-emails/emailid/9841

Quote:

ISIL fighters in Afghanistan are Really CIA and MI6 Thugs.

From:kadirmohmand@gmail.com To: Date: 2015-07-08 22:41 Subject: ISIL fighters in Afghanistan are Really CIA and MI6 Thugs. *ISIL fighters in Afghanistan are Really **CIA* *and MI6 **Thugs.* I believe the United States government and NATO want to continue the war in Afghanistan. I think U.S. Senator John McCain wants this war to continue because he is a war profiteer. Likewise, I believe the CIA, MI6 and other intelligence agencies want this war to continue because drug trafficking in the narco-state of Afghanistan makes a lot of money for everyone. The United States and NATO are conducting the war by contracting with private security companies/mercenaries and also funneling money through intelligence agencies, CIA, MI6, and ISI to hire Afghan thugs as fighters from Hezb Islami (Gulbideen Helmartyr) and Jamiat Islami and using other drug traffickers/warlords as their boots on the ground. It has been reported that each Hezb-e-Islami fighter and drug trafficker is receiving $500 per month from the intelligence agencies. The U.S. and NATO are not using their troops on the ground to continue the war because of the cost. More importantly, using Afghan thugs and private contractors/mercenaries makes it harder to directly connect these fighters, who are doing the west's' dirty work, back to the United States and NATO. Currently, the puppet Afghan media and Voice of America are reporting that these contracted fighters and thugs are ISIL. It is misinformation and propaganda that the west and war profiteers know will scare the American public into believing that the U.S. needs to continue the war and its presence in Afghanistan. I think it is a "false flag" strategy to keep the pot stirred and to divide and conquer. I believe these actions are being taken in order to keep creating instability in Afghanistan so that the United States' and NATO's military presence in Afghanistan can be increased again and their permanent military bases justified . Afghanistan is the Heart of Central Asia and the United States' new outer defense perimeter. The continuation of the war with permanent U.S. military bases allows the west to control Afghanistan's Rare Earth Elements (REEs) such as lithium, worth trillions , which are vital to defense systems and technology. It will be the new REE supply chain for the United States. The instability, which is created by the continuation of the war with mercenaries and Afghan thugs as fighters, also allows the billion dollar business of drug trafficking to continue to thrive, which is making the war profiteers very rich. I believe that the intelligence agencies are profiting from this drug trafficking too. It has been reported that the mercenaries and the Afghan thugs/fighters are protecting the drug processing facilities and the drug trafficking. I am sure if the United States government allowed the American people and the world to see the details of the budgets for the CIA and intelligence divisions of the Department of Defense and the other intelligence agencies that it would show funds being funneled for these fighters. I think the American people need to be allowed to delve deeper into the documents regarding the approximately $160 billion for the Coalition Support Funds. It is time that the American and Afghan people stand up and request investigations regarding the funding of the so-called "ISIL" fighters in Afghanistan. I believe individuals such as U.S. Senator John McCain are obstacles to peace in Afghanistan because of the war profiteering in his family. When I was in Afghanistan I heard that some top U.S. government officials were profiteering from the war and drug trafficking in Afghanistan. I believe a lot more investigation needs to be done regarding who is involved and profiting from the drug trafficking. I think the world would be surprised to learn who the profiteers are. In 2000/2001 the production of drugs in Afghanistan was almost to zero, but after the U.S. invasion and during the occupation and war Afghanistan has become a narco state. Some independent investigators need to find out who or which agencies or governments brought the chemicals and the process to convert opium to heroin to Afghaniustan. See the attached article. I believe Afghans and Americans need to speak up and lawfully stop this illegal war. The US war in Afghanistan is illegal. The United States' invasion and occupation of Afghanistan violates the UN Charter and international law. First, the United Nations' Charter is a treaty which was ratified by the United States. As a ratified treaty it became part of US law. Therefore the US must comply with the UN Charter. Article 2 (4) of the Charter, bans the use of armed force against another country except under two circumstances. It reads, " All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations." This article has also become part of the international customary law. Under the UN Charter, there are two exceptions to the ban on the use of armed force. First, a country can use armed force against another country in self-defense as provided for in Article 51. Second, a country can use armed force when the UN Security Council approves such force to maintain or restore international peace and security. Neither of those exceptions were met before the United States invaded Afghanistan and began waging war. The United States' war in Afghanistan is beyond the scope of self-defense allowed by Article 51. Self-defense can only legally take place when an armed attack takes place against a state. The Afghan government in 2001, the Taliban, did not attack the United States on 9/11. Nineteen individuals, 15 from Saudi Arabia, attacked the United States. Individual Afghans did not attack the United States. That is a fact. No evidence has ever been produced by the United States to the contrary. Propaganda, speculation and expert opinions in the media do not constitute credible and relevant evidence. Furthermore, there was no imminent threat that Afghanistan would attack the US or another UN member country. Self- defense can only be used to repel an attack. Immediately after the tragic events of 9/11, the attacks stopped. There was no imminent threat to attack the US by the Afghan government before or after 9/11. In addition, the UN Charter and well established international customary law, provide that self-defense would warrant only measures, which are proportionate to the armed attack and necessary to respond to it. It must not entail retaliatory or punitive actions. The US war tactics in Afghanistan are retaliatory, punitive and illegal. In and of itself, the use of cluster bombs, drones, uranium tipped weapons is a disproportionate use of force and unnecessary force. The US's illegal use of self-defense is collectively punishing an entire nation. It is in violation of the UN Charter and international law. The right to Self-Defense set forth under Article 51 cannot be legally used against Afghanistan because the Afghan government allegedly refused to extradite Bin Laden. Extradition matters are resolved through peaceful measures in courts and not through the use of armed force with massive cluster bombs, drones, uranium tipped weapons etc, which have killed thousands of innocent Afghans during the past ten years. This illegal war and continual killing of innocent Afghans violates the UN Charter and international law. It is not legal self-defense under the UN Charter, international law or any law. When the United States invaded Afghanistan the UN Security Council did not authorize the United States or any country to use military force against Afghanistan under Chapter VII (7) of the UN Charter. The UN Security Council can invoke Chapter VII use of force to maintain or restore international peace and security only when actual military force was being used. "Terrorism" can be a threat to international peace. However, there has been no evidence showing that the Afghan government or any Afghans committed or was involved in the tragic terrorist attacks on 9/11 nor that it was a threat to international peace and security. The United States' war in Afghanistan is illegal and amoral. Thus, the ordinary Afghan people have the legal right to defend themselves and resist this illegal war and illegal use of force against them. They are not the terrorists or criminals. As Afghans have done in the past, they are defending themselves, their country's territorial integrity and their namoos. The United Nations and the world need to require the United States and NATO to immediately cease its use of armed force against Afghanistan and withdraw all of their troops. No US or NATO troops should remain on any permanent base. The Security Pact between the United States and Afghanistan is not legitimate as it was signed by a corrupt, puppet government not supported by the majority of Afghans. Afghans must unite and have national unity and use lawful measures to stop this illegal war and any foreign permanent bases in our homeland. The United States needs to start friendly relations with the Afghan majority instead of relying on Northern Alliance members and Afghan communists, who are only interested in money and milking the United States. When the money stops flowing, their loyalties will shift like they have in the past to others such as Russia and China. Believe me I know what they do. I have seen it first hand. Hopefully, the U.S. government will begin to respect the Afghan Muslim majority and truly recognize the sovereignty of Afghanistan. All U.S. troops, special forces, CIA paramilitary forces and private mercenaries need to leave Afghanistan. The approximately 50 million Pashtuns and Afghan Muslims would be the best buffer and defense to hold back the communist Putin and China, but instead the United States has done nothing but wage war against them as enemies. That war strategy against Pashtuns and Afghan Muslims needs to change. Sincerely, Kadir A. Mohmand

Coup Underway in Turkey - Michael Barwell - 20-07-2016

Yeah, I've had & get refs to all that stuff, thugs, drugs an' etc. .
For the last week/10days I've been getting "10/ten" refs; this Palestinian lad beheaded by Camerons "moderate anti-Assad types" was around 10yrs old, so I gather; wonder when that one happened. When I was at 6th From, we went on a college jolly to London (science museum) & had some free-time; my pal & I went to see the PLO to pledge sympathy. The shitehounds know this 'course, thru' the 3yrs of chatlogs with 'Ben'-bo. I get 'alot' of 'Palestinian' refs, and Gaza, and oodleseroony o' "Israel".

More and more progressive Turks are talking of leaving Turkey for now, if not permanently. While most of these at this time are well educated and can likely fit in in Europe or where they go, if the average Turks try to leave and flood Europe to get away from a growing dictatorship, look for BIG problems in Europe, reacting to a new flood of refugees.
Well over 60.000 now arrested or have lost their jobs....no coup is ever that big...these are Stalin-like purges of ideological opponents and suspected opponents. I don't know how one makes a logical argument [one can't] for the forced resignation of EVERY single higher education dean throughout Turkey. Specific instructors were also fired from lists long ago drawn up [pre-coup]. I think the existence of these lists is very sinister and interesting. All opposition media have been closed. This 'house cleaning' will surely continue. At what point will the Turkish public start to object publicly. They are very quietly privately, but are even afraid now to Tweet or post on internet sites their opposition to what is going on - yet.

Coup Underway in Turkey - Drew Phipps - 20-07-2016

Madga: My browser is reporting that your link is unsafe.

Drew Phipps Wrote:Madga: My browser is reporting that your link is unsafe.

this is an online searchable link that doesn't report any problems on my computer...

https://wikileaks.org/akp-emails/

a quick look shows most are in Turkish...a few have English text...so this will take someone like Edmonds to review them and pull out the important ones...unless one wants to take hundreds and put them in google-translate and hope you get something interesting. I looked at some in English, but nothing yet looked of any special interest....but there are many there! and many labeled 'Secret' [all in Turkish].

This one I chose randomly was labelled TOP SECRET and translates as follows via google:::pullhairout::

Quote:Thunderstorms Bey Constitutional Court the authority will discuss the merits of the constitutional amendments are also said trying to boşatıp dutut and what insulation your constitutional article also on the demolished after continued shamelessly to even lie vekendi decency and a lot of injustice as a person utnamz claiming to be a sense of shame, you going down the more savunduk by. See you this promise lies and slander still persist and insist. Ismet Berkan, after he emerged still more deceived. You say. Because persistence and insist that you are lying on. No Ismet Berkan he did not say anything, you're still lying and distortion. Ismat, was that de Berk's. He said the incident I personally saw. I wrote this to me. There are so many distortions and lies with correspondent moreover Turkish officers of our people, a person like you that there is a doctor dressed in uniform and our military, shame from the humiliation of being the cause, and therefore false and fraudulent personnel What else from the army's honor and dignity than to liquidate treason case falls Do you know tell me that you know works? I think tried to lie with the officers identity is no place for such liars and crooks in our army saying if you're retired, you rebuilt as military sooner taken back your rank, because of from the army that you do not deserve to be members of the army staff, our experienced this shame in jobs like cleaning the toilets must have completed your military service. Also see your current word .: In your logic, why would he lie Tansu Çölaşan? I have also heard of women. Others we have also heard. So do Tansu be heard but can not be heard Çölaşan others? Another example lies and distortions to your quest. We hear those who judge wounded kurtut In one meeting in the same room in which the victim was killed with bullets rained down on them. Emin Colasan's husband Tansu Çölaşan is a completely different scenario from the room assigned to that section and then released in the witness that one of the actors used to say I was close to me in that room. Your mind and not sooner. And in this way he collected on the same day to repair all the damaged camera TUBITAK-a decision that was taken by the courts and reflected deleted records of a large organization. Everything is very comprehensive international organizer's plan was enforcement by local actors so serious the government drop for the Council of State murder the most prepared to the smallest detail even murdered judge's Kocatepe at the funeral of the mosque also set up the team forced the resignation of beating members of the Government, however, that at the head and you do not follow Do you know the due or knew you were trying to show different with a pack of lies even continue your empty and imaginary words and that you say, keeps your bullshit and you say Well you look: and the killer throughout this last year backed performed, victims blame had expected the government's. AKP and Fitnebaz Community (The Sinister Fraternity), prosecutors, members of the police did not tamper with this job, and why is it that they tamper tampering? It did not result you might think. answer: I explain you do the main law debate. Emin Colasan colonial Turkish courts attached to the governor of one of the protected Ýstabul Duchy of collusion with the crypto team can not judge. The State Council of the untouchables of government projects to reduce crime. So my wife must be in the same way even if the EDA under protection of the State Council was brought to the prosecutor's office immediately. Judgment of the Supreme court as came to an authority that can be made by the constitutional court but crypto that is there in the position can not be tried for the main law mahkemesişn tasks and I sent the authority of Article 1 under the second paragraph of attention ediniz.bura to As he says on alıyorum.ora first paragrafıil together. * In addition, by a duly put into effect the international treaties have the force of law, too, about them can not be appealed to the Constitutional Court * * grounds that they are contrary to the Constitution (Article 90). * So if they open or secret agreements the force of law even if we handled the Constitutional Court as Turkish law can not be judged . What this means. Turkey and the government deficit or collusion can not move the court. I add back the original short way to the mine. It would come to my mind everything I have come to give lectures on the military as high-ranking international agreements give the course a constitutional officer. I ran into an officer to fraud by false debate within the army instead of doing their own research on your way and of course I would not have had to come at all. * Http: //www.anayasa.gov.tr/hakkinda/gorevler/ <http://www.anayasa.gov.tr/hakkinda/gorevler/> * Look how much crap you ovulating passed over the years of this event. Tansu Ciller and business developments that suggest a single rotation against, not discovery. On the contrary, it became clear that the killers. Moreover, during this last year backed killers performed, victims of the government's accusations had expected. I'll tell you what. I Alsana gave former Prime Minister Tansu Chiller brother I can say whether the former prime minister Tansu Ciller Have you rather I shut the Tansu Çölaşan. Anyway, I leave it to the confusion in you. As for my age would not only çarpıtmac and a liar, you seem to be the father of both senile old fool. They also bakındah also continue to question what's going on. AKP and Fitnebaz Community (The Sinister Fraternity), prosecutors, members of the police did not tamper with this job, and why is it that they tamper tampering? It did not result you might think. You say. I bet above it. The Council of State chief prosecutor made, only trial in the Constitutional Court. In the main law shall be tried by Court of secret agreements that bind her hands. Other prosecutors and the courts can not do anything. Yet you continue to keep your ridiculous inconsistent with idiia. Let's look at what you are currently in. On the contrary, in my opinion, is that direction. * The community I say, and I was planning RTE this work together. * Both AdIrdIlAr was capable of doing it, and they benefit from doing so. Answer: At that time, had not yet strong enough Congregation current staffing. The government was in a situation such as scapegoat literally. Sezer had the Cankaya Palace. Around the state and the constitutional court of the mind almost as boss and mentor Sabiha Kanadog she had a retired veteran and retired chief prosecutor of the Republic. Government soldiers cut away the front will be reduced every day judged as prime minister as he was expected to meander. It's a pack of lies and distortions from after you've slashed a threat. Look what you say. Time is the best reagent. See how they handle will handle dumped every day. You're late again, you will see a little more time. Let's see what you say when it comes days. I say the days when the Supreme Court is established. Thunderstorms POYRAZ still do not care about your nose hairs. Turkey itself is not the only change the world balance and will end the collusion, to end the immunity of hidden colonial cadres going 2023. If the Supreme Court will be established, as has always been the supreme court were chosen as they had established national will still be established for the prosecution of those who continue to defy the nation disrespect your case. As a Deist, but do not know how to pray, but also wish to ensure you make the inner peace times pull a sponge on the former government aims to continue peace. Or if you still continue to threaten the nation to its end it would be quite a few difficulties. Insider tip. >> Really regrettable. >> Is nkavc