Deep Politics Forum
Football is Fixed - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Sports (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Football is Fixed (/thread-10475.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Football is Fixed - Malcolm John - 04-12-2014

If you were speaking to a Jewish person would you think its okay to accuse them of yid-moaning? Why not if its okay to accuse a Scot of mac-moaning? Would you post a video suggesting black people eat fried chicken and are stupid? Why not if its okay to post one saying Scots are drunk and of below average intelligence? I would like you to answer those questions.

Football is Fixed - Dawn Meredith - 04-12-2014

Malcolm John Wrote:Uh-huh, and I'm fairly sure racism is against the rules too, but you've engaged in it what three times on this very thread. Hypocrite much?

I am not sure what you are doing here except insulting my co-founders.
This may well not be a good fit for you.

Dawn Meredith

Football is Fixed - David Guyatt - 04-12-2014

Malcolm John Wrote:If you were speaking to a Jewish person would you think its okay to accuse them of yid-moaning? Why not if its okay to accuse a Scot of mac-moaning? Would you post a video suggesting black people eat fried chicken and are stupid? Why not if its okay to post one saying Scots are drunk and of below average intelligence? I would like you to answer those questions.

Frankly, I'm bored to death by you with your petulance, so good luck with that.

Football is Fixed - Tracy Riddle - 04-12-2014

Malcolm John Wrote:Of course it is, any racial stereotyping or identifying someone purely on the basis of race/nationality/ethnicity is officially racist in all interpretations of law anywhere in the world, including on this forum, and is explicitly against forum rules. Thats why I called you an angry little Englander, well two reasons, firstly you are one, secondly if its okay for you to identify me by my nationality alone its okay for me to do that to you too. Nigel.

Seriously? Identifying someone by their nationality/ethnicity is racist?

Football is Fixed - Magda Hassan - 04-12-2014

Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Malcolm John Wrote:Of course it is, any racial stereotyping or identifying someone purely on the basis of race/nationality/ethnicity is officially racist in all interpretations of law anywhere in the world, including on this forum, and is explicitly against forum rules. Thats why I called you an angry little Englander, well two reasons, firstly you are one, secondly if its okay for you to identify me by my nationality alone its okay for me to do that to you too. Nigel.

Especially when the person crying racism is busy calling others 'Little Englanders'

Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Malcolm John Wrote:Uh-huh, and I'm fairly sure racism is against the rules too, but you've engaged in it what three times on this very thread. Hypocrite much?

I am not sure what you are doing here except insulting my co-founders.
This may well not be a good fit for you.

Dawn Meredith

I have no wish to do that, but Magda was deliberately patronising and condescending to me in her post, which is very clearly against forum rules which state very clearly the rules apply equally to everybody, that would include forum founders and admin. If she can be deliberately insulting to me I obviously can to her too, thats only fair, and in accordance with the stated rules of the forum, plus I only replied in kind.

I don't want to get banned but I also won't accept anti-Scottish racism, which I notice David has still failed to address, that is literally ILLEGAL, so I won't stand for even one instance of it for even one second.

Tracy Riddle Wrote:

Absolutely, 100% of course it is, why wouldn't it be? Its also illegal

Here is someone convicted of racism for calling Andy Murray a jock

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8678475/Postman-who-called-Andy-Murray-useless-jock-is-convicted-of-racism.html

David has referred to me as a 'mac' twice, thats the same thing, and posted a video alleging Scots are drunkards and of below average intelligence. Why should I have to put up with that? Its against forum rules and illegal.

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:

Especially when the person crying racism is busy calling others 'Little Englanders'

I only did that in response to him using racial terminology to describe me, if its okay for him its okay for me, as the forum rules say. Or it isn't okay for either of us in which case you need to be bringing David to task for using anti-Scottish racist slurs, if you do I'll accept I shouldn't be making anti-English ones either.

I think I have got off on the wrong foot here but would like to stay, however I will not tolerate any anti-Scottish racism at all, and would have no hesitation involving the police and your site hosts if you allow it to persist unchecked after having it demonstrated to you that it is illegal, as I have done.

I am willing to drop all this and just post normally if no more anti-Scottish racism is tolerated on this board. And I do sincerely apologise for annoying everybody, it genuinely isn't my intention.

Football is Fixed - David Guyatt - 05-12-2014

Frankly Malcolm, you talk a load of old bollocks. And I'm tired of it. And I intensely dislike veiled threats too.

So please take note:

Firstly, the postman who called Andy Murray a "useless jock" was convicted on three counts of criminal damage and two counts of racially aggravated criminal damage." Re-read that and digest. He was convicted of 5 counts of criminal damage because he was involved in a campaign of "daubing" (the criminal damage aspect) abusive comments on posters.

The Daily Bellylaugh's sub caption which says:

Quote:

A postman has been convicted of racism after calling Andy Murray, the Scottish tennis player, a "useless Jock".

Is typical newspaper bollocks, having elevated out of context the Andy Murray part of the story in order to sensationalize the story and generate more readers and sales.

Moreover, if the word "Macgroaning" can be viewed as racism, then not only will I eat my shorts after a long day of suffering under your diatribe, but I invite you to go ahead and see if you can get the authorities to proceed with a charge. I'll assist them in their endeavours and defend myself in court. And counter sue. Capiche?

So, down to business.

We're happy to have intelligent posters participating in the forum sensibly - rather than walking through the corridors of the place draping their national identity over their shoulders, seeking to cause rancour with a persecuted air and an inflated sensitivity.

Abide by this and we'll just about all get along - and may even learn to do better than that in time. I have seen your posts in the JFK folder and there you participate in a manner that represent the sprit of this forum. Those in the Scottish thread and her in the Football thread are not in the spirit of the place -- and we both pretty much know why you have decided to hijack this football is fixed thread.

You have read the forum rules and know that the founders can revoke membership at any time and without giving a reason. Plenty of past members have been banned for trolling (read the definition below) or for causing dissent with the orderly running of the place. You know how precariously you stand in this regard already.

Quote:In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[SUP][1][/SUP] by posting inflammatory,[SUP][2][/SUP] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

In final analysis you need to consider why you want to be a member here, and how to behave to ensure you retain your membership if, indeed, you now wish to.

Oh, and by the way. Not that any members would call you a "useless jock", because they're far too caring to do that, but if they did, good luck with threatening to invoke the law with them. This is a law of the UK only and other nationalities are not confined by it.

David

Football is Fixed - Malcolm John - 05-12-2014

The 'racially aggravated' bit of the postman#s charges are cause he called Andy Murray a jock. That is made very clear in the article. I think you will find 'macgroaning' is blatantly racist too, look into it as much as you want I'm confident thats what you'll find, you cannot use racial stereotypes or derogatory terms of any type, 'macgroaning' is one of those. You also shouldn't be posting videos saying Scottish people are drunkards and of below average intelligence, I'm sure you accept that.

I am willing to let the rest go and move on.