Deep Politics Forum
Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book (/thread-10969.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - John Kelin - 27-06-2013

Praise from a Future Generation, my 2007 book about the first generation Warren critics, is due as an e-book this fall.

In all probability it will be lost in the tidal wave of assassination books flooding the market this year. Because I like a good pun, I call it a title wave. Soon to be a storm surge, I reckon.

Anyway, for the last couple of years I have spoken on and off with the publisher about this. But it looks now as if it will indeed happen. I signed off on the e-galley today.

There are a few minor additions/corrections to the text. (For reasons I didn't really understand, I was not able to do the deeper adds/cuts/corrections I wanted to do.) In the photo section I cut a few pictures because I don't want to pay the AP a second time, but was able to add a few pictures not in the hard copy, a couple of them in color. But for all intents and purposes it's the same book.

Publication date is October sometime.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Charles Drago - 28-06-2013

John Kelin Wrote:Praise from a Future Generation, my 2007 book about the first generation Warren critics, is due as an e-book this fall.

In all probability it will be lost in the tidal wave of assassination books flooding the market this year. Because I like a good pun, I call it a title wave.

That's swell.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Albert Rossi - 28-06-2013

John Kelin Wrote:Praise from a Future Generation, my 2007 book about the first generation Warren critics, is due as an e-book this fall.

In all probability it will be lost in the tidal wave of assassination books flooding the market this year. Because I like a good pun, I call it a title wave. Soon to be a storm surge, I reckon.

Anyway, for the last couple of years I have spoken on and off with the publisher about this. But it looks now as if it will indeed happen. I signed off on the e-galley today.

There are a few minor additions/corrections to the text. (For reasons I didn't really understand, I was not able to do the deeper adds/cuts/corrections I wanted to do.) In the photo section I cut a few pictures because I don't want to pay the AP a second time, but was able to add a few pictures not in the hard copy, a couple of them in color. But for all intents and purposes it's the same book.

Publication date is October sometime.

John,

Just ordered a hard copy ... couldn't wait Confusedpinwheels:. I prefer hard copies anyway! But e-books have their advantages too. Good news, and congrats.

Al

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Tracy Riddle - 28-06-2013

That was a great book, John. I enjoyed it very much. Truly a unique work among the countless JFK assassination books.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Jim DiEugenio - 28-06-2013

Am proud to say I did a blurb for the book. Which I just got in before the deadline.

This books is sold at the Sixth Floor Museum.

How did it get by Gary Mack?

BTW, he is not a member here is he? With his PM ing newbies?

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - John Kelin - 28-06-2013

I've always been flattered by the mostly-favorable remarks people make about the book...even those that punish me.

I prefer hard copy too.

As for the Sixth Floor...someone once said it was the only "conspiracy book" sold there. I don't know that for a fact. Some raise an eyebrow. Others equate it with the mark of the beast. The best comment is no comment.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Magda Hassan - 28-06-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:BTW, he is not a member here is he? With his PM ing newbies?
No because we don't have lone nutters here.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Peter Lemkin - 28-06-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Am proud to say I did a blurb for the book. Which I just got in before the deadline.

This books is sold at the Sixth Floor Museum.

How did it get by Gary Mack?

BTW, he is not a member here is he? With his PM ing newbies?

Dunkel watches this forum like a hawk...surely, more so now, that the EF is moribund. :darthvader:

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Phil Dragoo - 28-06-2013

John

Praise from a Future Generation going to my wish list and in October to my Kindle.

Thank you.

Watching for that pyre in front of the Confusatory as further evidence of its revision.

Praise from a Future Generation: Another e-book - Charles Drago - 28-06-2013

Add my voice to those lifted in high praise for Praise.