Deep Politics Forum
Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: DPF Articles Discussion (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town (/thread-11010.html)

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Keith Millea - 06-07-2013

There are more pictures and a short video at the link posted at the end of this article.

Published on Saturday, July 6, 2013 by Common Dreams

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town

Seventy-three train cars carrying crude oil reportedly 'remote-operated'

- Lauren McCauley, staff writer

[Image: train2.jpg]A massive fire sparked by the derailment of a train carrying crude oil is still burning in the eastern Quebec town of Lac-Megantic Saturday, July 6, 2013. (Photo:Surete du Quebec)

A massive explosion followed the derailment of a train carrying crude oil through Quebec early Friday morning, engulfing a town in flames as scores of residents remain missingconfirming, once again, the massive threat posed by the transportation of volatile fossil fuels.

The explosion occurred at roughly 1:20 AM as the train derailed while passing through the small downtown of Lac-Mégantic.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/07/06-2

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - David Guyatt - 07-07-2013

Shades of the film Unstoppable starring Denzel Washington - except this time there was not a Hollywood ending.

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Magda Hassan - 07-07-2013

Keith Millea Wrote:Seventy-three train cars carrying crude oil reportedly 'remote-operated'
So no driver on board at all?

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Peter Lemkin - 07-07-2013

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Keith Millea Wrote:Seventy-three train cars carrying crude oil reportedly 'remote-operated'
So no driver on board at all?

It is a bit clearer now. The train was not moving and thus had no engineer on board. It was parked [sic] a few Km away, uphill on the tracks on a side track. Somehow, it started 'rolling' downhill onto the main track which passes through the town and there derailed and several of the tank cars [all full of petroleum products] exploded, incinerating the center of the small town and some of its residents as they slept or drank in the main center bar.

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Jim Hackett II - 10-07-2013

Something is fishy in the tale. MSM playing the organ.

On one hand this 'accident' could be the or one of the results of international corporate deregulation. On the other, it all could be more than we will be told.

Another corporate disaster no matter which.

In the case of a company in Texas blowing a town away with an ammonium nitrate fertilizer I cannot call that an accident. Why?

When I grew up on and around a farm all the male 'younguns' were shown why not to fool around with fertilizer.
As we were shown safety with firearms as tools.
As we were shown how to get rid of that stump safely and not with fertilizer.
As we were taught to drive in pre-teen years. Tractors first, then loaded trucks and etc.
The USMC didn't do all that for me, but it refined techniques I would grant.
America did that for me in the culture of the day.

I know today is a different America transformed into AmeriKKKa by the corporate powers.
That's when a smoke was a smoke and a dollar was real......
Today all the kids in the township when I grew up
would be labeled 'terrorist' if they did some of the things we did for fun.
FWIW

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Magda Hassan - 10-07-2013

Jim Hackett II Wrote:On one hand this 'accident' could be the or one of the results of international corporate deregulation.
International corporate deregulation is no accident but meticulously planned policy and causes more damage and death than any natural disaster every day in the world.

Scores Missing after Oil-Laden Train Explosion Rocks Small Town - Jim Hackett II - 10-07-2013

"International corporate deregulation is no accident but meticulously planned policy and causes more damage and death than any natural disaster every day in the world."

Thanks Magda,
Don't want to drag other stuff than Canada's hassle in, 'scuse.
I have to say though.
Texas City? More than once goes bang and with more than one "owner" and "operator".
Since 50s.
Or the crime of Love Canal...
God Bless you Lois Gibbs.

If one examines the history the trend is clear.
Like "Fraking" the law bends and less than wealthy WeThePeople pay.
Again and again....
Our government is already bought.
Hitler
I am done.