Deep Politics Forum
General Giap knew - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: General Giap knew (/thread-11262.html)

Pages: 1 2

General Giap knew - Tracy Riddle - 01-09-2013

Found this gem over at CTKA. General Vo Nguyen Giap was a military genius, the main architect of the North Vietnamese victories over the French and US.

I have to say that in a book I've read called Victory At Any Cost: The Genius of Viet Nam's Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap (1997, Cecil Currey), JFK is only mentioned on 4 pages. So this was news to me:

http://www.ctka.net/2013/General_Giap_Knew_Kang.html

I then moved on to the penultimate topic regarding 1963, the change in Southeast Asia policy, specifically for Vietnam, that President Kennedy was carefully but confidently carrying out. When I mentioned this vital policy to Mr. Vo, I said, "President Kennedy was finally changing his foreign policy in regards to Vietnam in 1963", and before I could even finish my sentence, Mr. Vo interrupted and added, "He was withdrawing from Vietnam." Momentarily surprised by what I had just heard, I then quickly asked him to repeat what he had just said so as to be sure I had heard right. He then stated in a very clear and firm voice, "President Kennedy was withdrawing from Vietnam in late 1963." I was beyond a loss for words and sat transfixed at what I had just heard. The son of General Vo Nguyen Giap, sitting just a few feet across from me, had just unequivocally confirmed what many scholars and experts had pieced together and been saying for years, only to be dismissed by the Establishment as "wishful thinkers" and starry-eyed idealists or, in some cases, as "Kennedy apologists". Some had even been challenged as to the validity of their sources although many correctly cited the available U.S. government record from the Kennedy Administration papers as well as the National Security Action Memorandums (NSAMs) signed by President Kennedy in October 1963. Yet, here was the most astonishing and perhaps unimpeachable source of proof, right in front of my eyes. What could be a more credible and original direct source than the former "enemy", General Vo Nguyen Giap (represented by his son), confirming that its rival's leader, U.S. President John F. Kennedy, was indeed logistically carrying out a de-escalation policy for American personnel to withdraw in phases (until there would be virtually no military advisors left by 1965). Most likely General Giap's military and intelligence operatives and analysts had to have discovered this by tracking the patterns of oppositional foreign (American) troop movements and the quantifiable logistical reductions that were visibly ensuing. It may also be likely that word of President Kennedy's NSAMs might have somehow leaked and reached North Vietnam, who probably rejoiced with relief at hearing that a potential deadly foe was withdrawing from the embattled homeland (with only future promises of financial aid and war materiel to sustain South Vietnam). Nevertheless, I was both amazed and grateful for Mr. Vo's candid statement and assessment regarding that most crucial and pivotal period of the Kennedy Presidency.

General Giap knew - David Healy - 01-09-2013

a gem indeed... thank you!

General Giap knew - John Mooney - 01-09-2013

How so..?

Kennedy was a hawk.

I know this because the media keep telling me in every new JFK book review that puts fresh bullets in his back, throat and head.

Also, the man could never keep it in his pants.

So there is no way that he was a man of conscience.

Now excuse me, I have a date with some kool-aid.

General Giap knew - Steve Minnerly - 02-09-2013

John Mooney Wrote:How so..?

Kennedy was a hawk.

I know this because the media keep telling me in every new JFK book review that puts fresh bullets in his back, throat and head.

Also, the man could never keep it in his pants.

So there is no way that he was a man of conscience.

Now excuse me, I have a date with some kool-aid.

Dont forget the lie about Joe Kennedy making his fortune in bootlegging.

The implication is that he was basically the same as todays drug dealers.

General Giap knew - John Mooney - 02-09-2013

I think the Kennedys where not under the usual levers of control and that is why they were a problem.

That is also why they have to be perpetually assassinated in case normal folk look too closely at them.

Anyway.. didn't Robert kill Marilyn or something?

Our Lady of Perpetual Assassination, pray for us.

General Giap knew - Jim DiEugenio - 02-09-2013

As Michael Morrisey has written, the two biggest lies about the second half of the 20th century are

1.Oswald shot Kennedy

2. LBJ continued Kennedy's Vietnam policy.

I will be adding a third lie at the Wecht conference:

3. JFK was a Cold Warrior.

The last two were political camouflage to protect the first.

General Giap knew - Rob Caprio - 03-09-2013

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:As Michael Morrisey has written, the two biggest lies about the second half of the 20th century are

1.Oswald shot Kennedy

2. LBJ continued Kennedy's Vietnam policy.

I will be adding a third lie at the Wecht conference:

3. JFK was a Cold Warrior.

The last two were political camouflage to protect the first.

Jim,

You make a great point and we know JFK was of the mind of leaving Vietnam for the most part by the end of 1965. We see this in NSAM 263 and there is no reason to believe he was going change his mind as we see in NSAM 273. This brings up another point, why was NSAM 273 started on 11/21/63 when JFK was alive when it clearly stated things he was not in support of? This is troubling and again illustrates knowledge of the changes to come very soon.

JFK was of the mind that the South Vietmanese should learn to take over the duties themselves. He did not feel we should be there for the long haul.

General Giap knew - Tracy Riddle - 04-10-2013

General Giap died at the age of 102.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/world/asia/vietnam-general-death/

I'm amazed at how long American generals and admirals typically live. It's normal for them to make it to 85 or 90. Must be that lifelong access to quality medical care, paid for by the taxpayer.

General Giap knew - Magda Hassan - 05-10-2013

Breathtakingly arrogant NYT article says Giap's "willingness to sustain staggering losses...was large reason [Vietnam] war dragged on"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/world/asia/gen-vo-nguyen-giap-dies.html?_r=0

General Giap knew - Tracy Riddle - 05-10-2013

How dare those people? Wait, I thought it was the hippies' fault the war went on so long.
Sadly, after all that sacrifice Vietnam is now the new low-wage exploitation market for global capitalism.