Deep Politics Forum
JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 (/thread-12198.html)

Pages: 1 2

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Dawn Meredith - 23-02-2014

I just learned of my friend Earl Golz' passing. He has been on my mind the last few weeks. Been meaning to give Lois, his wife, a call.
The obit in the local rag where he wrote during the last part of his life "neglects" to mention the work that he is the most famous for.

Earl Golz

1934 - 2014 | Obituary | Condolences
Earl Golz, a journeyman reporter and editor who worked at the American-Statesman in the 1990s, died in Austin on New Year's Day. He was 79.

His career highlight might have been a triumphant legal settlement following his firing from the Dallas Morning News in the early 1980s after he wrote an article drawing attention to a troubled bank.

Golz, represented by famed attorney Racehorse Haynes, responded with a libel lawsuit after the bank placed full-page ads in several newspapers claiming the article was false. The bank, whose former president was sent to prison, would settle the claim for roughly $150,000, said his wife Lois.
Published in Austin American-Statesman on Jan. 12, 2014
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx?pid=169027592#sthash.wzaV6KMz.dpuf

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Tracy Riddle - 23-02-2014

Isn't that amazing that they couldn't mention all of his JFK-related articles. RIP Earl.

http://www.jfklancer.com/golz_gallery.html
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/golz.htm
http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-jones/id/1353

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Jim Hargrove - 23-02-2014

Here is a page of handwritten notes by Mr. Golz about the Top 10 record store in Dallas on 11/22/63 (if anyone has found a better copy, please contact me at: jimbotopia@gmail.com):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5729[/ATTACH]Sorry the scan above is so terrible. I compressed the hell out of it nearly 15 years ago when most of us were still on dial-up connections and bandwidth was scarce. The last two lines were pretty hard to read even on the copy I scanned from. They say: "Stark claims he sold Oswald a ticket to Dick Clark Show at 7:30 am Nov. 22." Squeezed in at the lower right side are the words: "Still had stub after assass."

John Armstrong's explanation:

Russian-speaking HARVEY Oswald didn't drive and didn't have a driver's license. Around 7:15 AM, he walked the short distance to Wesley Frazier's house in Irving, TX and rode with Frazier to the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) in Dallas, where he was employed. While HARVEY was riding in Frazier's car, American-born LEE Oswald, wearing a white shirt, was seen in Oak Cliff, a suburb of Dallas. J.W. "Dub" Stark was the owner of the Top 10 Record Store located at 338 W. Jefferson, across the street and a block and a half west of the Texas Theater. On December 3, 1963, FBI agent Carl E. Walters wrote a memo to the FBI's SAC (Special Agent in Charge) in Dallas. The memo stated, "On 12/3/63, Mr. John D. Whitten, telephonically advised that he heard Lee Harvey Oswald was in the Top 10 Record Shop on Jefferson on the morning of 11/22/63. Oswald bought a ticket of some kind and left. Then some time later, Oswald returned to the record shop and wanted to buy another ticket." News reporter Earl Golz confirmed this story in his interview with Mr. Stark (notes of Earl Golz). This story was further confirmed by Top 10 Record store employee Louis Cortinas, also in an interview conducted by Earl Golz (notes of Earl Golz).

Earl Golz was trying to find the truth almost immediately after JFK's murder, which is WAY more than you can say about almost everyone else, including yours truly.

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Albert Doyle - 23-02-2014

I'm sure many a researcher fantasizes about being able to jump into Golz's shoes back then. People like Golz were just the right age and maturity at the time to get right into it and start asking questions.

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Jim DiEugenio - 24-02-2014

He was a really good guy.

I interviewed him in Austin once and he gave me a lot of his articles.

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Dawn Meredith - 24-02-2014

Albert Doyle Wrote:I'm sure many a researcher fantasizes about being able to jump into Golz's shoes back then. People like Golz were just the right age and maturity at the time to get right into it and start asking questions.
Albert: Do you not get it? Golz bucked the system. He was not only a researcher he was a MSM journalist who ignored the dictates of Operation Mockingbird. When no one else was doing this. Then or ever.

Dawn

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Dawn Meredith - 24-02-2014

I met him in such a wonderful moment of synchronicity. It was the 40th anniversary and the local AAS was filled with lies. So I wrote a letter to the Ed beginning with "Where is Earl Golz when we need him?"
A few hours later my JFK researcher pal Rachel Rendish arrived (from near Dallas) to begin a weekend here. We went out to a local Italian restaurant for dinner and Rachel, who knew Earl, pointed him out. So we joined them for dinner. Turns out he and wife Lois lived about 1/2 mile from me.

Dawn

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Albert Doyle - 24-02-2014

Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Albert Doyle Wrote:I'm sure many a researcher fantasizes about being able to jump into Golz's shoes back then. People like Golz were just the right age and maturity at the time to get right into it and start asking questions.

Albert: Do you not get it? Golz bucked the system. He was not only a researcher he was a MSM journalist who ignored the dictates of Operation Mockingbird. When no one else was doing this. Then or ever.

Dawn

I'm not exactly sure where what I wrote suggested anything else.

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Tracy Riddle - 24-02-2014

Dawn Meredith Wrote:

Dawn

There were a few others. Fred Cook leaps to mind.

JFK assassination MSM journalist Earl Golz dead at 79 - Don Jeffries - 26-02-2014

So sad to hear this. Earl Golz did some great work on the assassination, and was one of only two msm reporters, to my knowledge (Jim Marrs being the other) to really do investigative stories on the subject until recent years.

I had heard that Golz was writing a book. Did I miss it? Was it ever completed or published?