Deep Politics Forum
Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Bay of Pigs "fiasco" (/thread-13288.html)

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Richard Coleman - 07-11-2014

I know this will reveal an unacceptable (in polite society) bias, but I confess to being bugged by this term. I prefer to consider it the Bay of Pigs Victory. See, I'm GLAD the invasion failed. The Cuban people and their revolution WON which is a good thing. You know, sovereignty, self-determination and all that.:Hooray:

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Scott Kaiser - 07-11-2014

Richard Coleman Wrote:I know this will reveal an unacceptable (in polite society) bias, but I confess to being bugged by this term. I prefer to consider it the Bay of Pigs Victory. See, I'm GLAD the invasion failed. The Cuban people and their revolution WON which is a good thing. You know, sovereignty, self-determination and all that.:Hooray:

Here's some free advise, don't ever walk down calle ocho on SW 8th in Miami and say what you said, you may not make it out alive. And, I'm politely telling you in the best way I can.

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Magda Hassan - 07-11-2014

Richard Coleman Wrote:I know this will reveal an unacceptable (in polite society) bias, but I confess to being bugged by this term. I prefer to consider it the Bay of Pigs Victory. See, I'm GLAD the invasion failed. The Cuban people and their revolution WON which is a good thing. You know, sovereignty, self-determination and all that.:Hooray:

I hear you Richard. I feel the same every time I hear Burgess-MacLean called 'traitors'. Too whom I ask? Just to a bunch of self appointed elite inbred families.

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Richard Coleman - 09-11-2014

Scott Kaiser Wrote:

Here's some free advise, don't ever walk down calle ocho on SW 8th in Miami and say what you said, you may not make it out alive. And, I'm politely telling you in the best way I can.

So?

PS I could walk down most streets in Havana and say it safely. So again, so?

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Richard Coleman - 09-11-2014

Richard Coleman Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:[quote=Richard Coleman]I know this will reveal an unacceptable (in polite society) bias, but I confess to being bugged by this term. I prefer to consider it the Bay of Pigs Victory. See, I'm GLAD the invasion failed. The Cuban people and their revolution WON which is a good thing. You know, sovereignty, self-determination and all that.:Hooray:

So? Lots of places I could walk safely saying it (most not in the US I admit). So what?

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Albert Doyle - 09-11-2014

Try saying you wish the Bay Of Pigs invasion succeeded in Havana Richard...

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Richard Coleman - 13-11-2014

Albert Doyle Wrote:Try saying you wish the Bay Of Pigs invasion succeeded in Havana Richard...

Whew. Albert. You got it upside down and backwards. :Blink:

I wasn't saying that. I'm glad it failed.

Bay of Pigs "fiasco" - Scott Kaiser - 15-11-2014

Richard Coleman Wrote:
Albert Doyle Wrote:Try saying you wish the Bay Of Pigs invasion succeeded in Havana Richard...

Whew. Albert. You got it upside down and backwards. :Blink:

I wasn't saying that. I'm glad it failed.

This was a wasted thread, of wasted hard space, and I don't waist my time on stupid talk.