Deep Politics Forum
Richard Schweiker - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Richard Schweiker (/thread-14047.html)

Pages: 1 2

Richard Schweiker - Albert Doyle - 04-08-2015

HSCA era critic Richard Schweiker is dead:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/us/richard-s-schweiker-reagan-confidant-dies-at-89.html?_r=0

Richard Schweiker - Jim DiEugenio - 05-08-2015

I am surprised no one has commented on this.

Richard Schweiker was one of the only guys in Washington who said loudly and in public that the WC was a pile of crap. Tom Downing, congressman of Virginia, was another.

I never thought we used him enough to back our cause.

Richard Schweiker - Albert Doyle - 05-08-2015

NY Times:

" In 1976, Senators Schweiker and Gary Hart, Democrat of Colorado, issued a report on the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy, casting doubt on the Warren Commission's conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman in Dallas. The report said that the Central Intelligence Agency and the Federal Bureau of Investigation had withheld critical information from the commission. "

Richard Schweiker - Peter Lemkin - 06-08-2015

Quote:NY Times:

" In 1976, Senators Schweiker and Gary Hart, Democrat of Colorado, issued a report on the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy, casting doubt on the Warren Commission's conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman in Dallas. The report said that the Central Intelligence Agency and the Federal Bureau of Investigation had withheld critical information from the commission. "

That was a significant report...ignored at the time, and ignored still. It was the reason Hart was 'sexually assassinated' just as he had begun his run for Democratic nominee for President...no way 'they' were going to allow him into that position, where he might investigate what really happened.

Sad that Schweiker has died. He didn't speak out much on JFK in his later years that I can remember, but he did the right thing at the time. Very few members of Congress can hold their heads up high on the matter from 1963 to the present. He is one of the few who can.

Richard Schweiker - Mark A. O'Blazney - 06-08-2015

Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Quote:NY Times:

That was a significant report...ignored at the time, and ignored still. It was the reason Hart was 'sexually assassinated' just as he had begun his run for Democratic nominee for President...no way 'they' were going to allow him into that position, where he might investigate what really happened.

Sad that Schweiker has died. He didn't speak out much on JFK in his later years that I can remember, but he did the right thing at the time. Very few members of Congress can hold their heads up high on the matter from 1963 to the present. He is one of the few who can.
"An enigmatic Republican who looked conservative to many liberals and liberal to many conservatives"
__________Robert D. McFadden, New York Times

How rare is that ? It's where all politicians should be in their mindthought. Go to Church much ?

Richard Schweiker - Dawn Meredith - 06-08-2015

I have a great video where he is featured, it's possibly from the late 70's, I think it is called The Killing of JFK. A wonderful documentary that I have not seen in a very long time. (Not even sure if my VCR still works). He was a truly great man who was not afraid to go after the truth. Something sorely missing in both houses today.

Dawn

Richard Schweiker - Tracy Riddle - 06-08-2015

Didn't Schweiker suspect that Castro killed JFK? I seem to remember that.

Richard Schweiker - Jim DiEugenio - 07-08-2015

He may have said that in public.

In private, he thought the CIA killed Kennedy. And he told that to Tanenbaum when he gave him his files.

Richard Schweiker - Albert Doyle - 07-08-2015

Schweiker may have been doing his version of the "Bay Of Pigs Thing".

Richard Schweiker - Peter Lemkin - 07-08-2015

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:He may have said that in public.

In private, he thought the CIA killed Kennedy. And he told that to Tanenbaum when he gave him his files.

That is what Hart felt privately as well [that some aspect of the CIA had participated, perhaps in league with others], but I don't believe he ever said so publicly either [not good for one's health, especially for a high-profile person]. The list of people who suspected CIA involvement is quite the list!....not even trying to be complete...RFK, LBJ, Hart & Schweiker, even Kerry [at one time!; though I'd bet he'd deny it now!].....this list easily could be hundreds of persons long [just of public figures]....among the better researchers the view is all but unanimous that CIA [or perhaps more correctly, some who were in, formerly in, and/or connected to CIA] were a part of the plot and the cover-up. I don't personally believe they were the only ones involved, but I do believe their role was central. ::bowtie::