Deep Politics Forum
Looking for input on Mary Ferrell - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Looking for input on Mary Ferrell (/thread-1430.html)

Looking for input on Mary Ferrell - Myra Bronstein - 09-05-2009

What do people here think of the Mary Ferrell site and contents in terms of value for researchers?

Looking for input on Mary Ferrell - Peter Lemkin - 09-05-2009

Myra Bronstein Wrote:What do people here think of the Mary Ferrell site and contents in terms of value for researchers?

Its certainly a great resource. But as Charles pointed-out, some of the better materials seem not to be there and we have no way of knowing if all she had gathered will be placed there - or not [as well as the issue of the originals]. I have only one technical issue with the site, and that is the 'pagination' [if that is what it is called in cyberspace]. Would be nice to be able to specify / search for a document, look at it, and download it as a whole file, if desired.

I imagine it is also a great place for the keepers of the secrets to watch in one place who is looking at what. That said and the caveats mentioned above, it is a great resource, and we all have Mary to thank for that.

Looking for input on Mary Ferrell - Myra Bronstein - 09-05-2009

Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:What do people here think of the Mary Ferrell site and contents in terms of value for researchers?

Its certainly a great resource. But as Charles pointed-out, some of the better materials seem not to be there and we have no way of knowing if all she had gathered will be placed there - or not. I have only one technical issue with the site, and that is the 'pagination' [if that is what it is called in cyberspace]. Would be nice to be able to specify / search for a document, look at it, and download it as a whole file, if desired.

Thanks Peter. Offhand can you think of an example of one of the better items that is (seems to be) missing?

Looking for input on Mary Ferrell - Peter Lemkin - 09-05-2009

Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Its certainly a great resource. But as Charles pointed-out, some of the better materials seem not to be there and we have no way of knowing if all she had gathered will be placed there - or not. I have only one technical issue with the site, and that is the 'pagination' [if that is what it is called in cyberspace]. Would be nice to be able to specify / search for a document, look at it, and download it as a whole file, if desired.

Thanks Peter. Offhand can you think of an example of one of the better items that is (seems to be) missing?

Charles would be better able to address that and did, generally, elsewhere on this Forum.