Deep Politics Forum
When fascism comes [or came] to America... - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Political, Governmental, and Economic Systems and Strategies (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: When fascism comes [or came] to America... (/thread-1452.html)

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - Peter Lemkin - 13-05-2009

...it will come [came] wrapped in the flag (and approved by the courts)...and was introduced bit by bit by bit. Here is a new bit:

Wisconsin court upholds GPS tracking by police
By RYAN J. FOLEY | Associated Press Writer
2:42 PM CDT, May 7, 2009

MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin police can attach GPS to cars to secretly track anybody's movements without obtaining search warrants, an appeals court ruled Thursday.

However, the District 4 Court of Appeals said it was "more than a little troubled" by that conclusion and asked Wisconsin lawmakers to regulate GPS use to protect against abuse by police and private individuals.

As the law currently stands, the court said police can mount GPS on cars to track people without violating their constitutional rights -- even if the drivers aren't suspects.

Officers do not need to get warrants beforehand because GPS tracking does not involve a search or a seizure, Judge Paul Lundsten wrote for the unanimous three-judge panel based in Madison.

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - David Guyatt - 13-05-2009

Our turn next, then. What happens in the US happens here.

Not good. Not good at all.

On the brighter side I bet someone will develop and sell a cheap detector so that the GPS tracking device can be found and removed (or otherwise nullified).

About 2 years ago the UK began road-testing - without informing individuals to be tested - that selected telephone calls with them (principally Social Services, Pension Service etc, I believe) were routed through Voice Stress Analysis equipment. Nice.

However, one can simply decline to speak to them by phone making the old snail-mail the means of communication, or use electronic voice modification equipment which negates VSA. But, of course, this puts the burden on the person to do the work and bear the cost and most people won't bother to do that.

David Guyatt Wrote:Our turn next, then. What happens in the US happens here.

Not good. Not good at all.

On the brighter side I bet someone will develop and sell a cheap detector so that the GPS tracking device can be found and removed (or otherwise nullified).

About 2 years ago the UK began road-testing - without informing individuals to be tested - that selected telephone calls with them (principally Social Services, Pension Service etc, I believe) were routed through Voice Stress Analysis equipment. Nice.

However, one can simply decline to speak to them by phone making the old snail-mail the means of communication, or use electronic voice modification equipment which negates VSA. But, of course, this puts the burden on the person to do the work and bear the cost and most people won't bother to do that.

Oh, come on David, you anti-progress? :flute: My guess it they are already doing it there, just not on 'radar' of the average person yet. Some car manufacturers are actually already putting GPS tracking into their cars and they can't be turned-off by the owner - but, even more ugly - the police and intelligence agencies can turn off your engine and nothing you do can start it again! A bill has been tried in Congress and will be tried again soon that would make this manditory in every car. It would add a chip that a reader in the road could read telling if you: are speeding, have outstanding parking tickets; wanted for arrest et al.....and tickets could be sent to you home or the next roadblock will arrest you. I mean, how much further is fascism or did we pass that point some years ago (hardly noticed by most)? While a device to find a magnetic or hidden GPS device placed on your car would be easy and effective, it would not be cheap and once the police target you, they will do it again and likely do a black-bag job on you if you tamper with their survellence or follow you when you drive. Welcome to terrorland. Big Brother will now lead us in Corporate prayer. Make sure your prayer rug is pointed toward Wall Street. :adore:

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - David Guyatt - 13-05-2009

Peter Lemkin Wrote:Oh, come on David, you anti-progress? :flute:

Sorry Pete. I try to bend over for them voluntarily, but something in my character rebels. :embarassed:

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - Jan Klimkowski - 13-05-2009

The paranoid in me has long assumed that They want to put GPS tracking devices into breakfast cereal. So, I refuse to eat Kellogs cornflakes. Smile

Of course, a GPS chip in your cornflakes is an improvement on past experiments:

Quote:Beginning in 1949, the Quaker Oats Company, the National Institutes of Health, and the AEC fed minute doses of radioactive materials to boys at the Fernald School for the mentally retarded in Waltham, Massachusetts, to determine if chemicals used in breakfast cereal prevented the body from absorbing iron and calcium. The unwitting subjects were told that they were joining a science club. The consent form sent to the boys' parents made no mention of the radiation experiment.

http://www.netti.fi/~makako/mind/radiatio.htm

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:The paranoid in me has long assumed that They want to put GPS tracking devices into breakfast cereal. So, I refuse to eat Kellogs cornflakes. Smile

Of course, a GPS chip in your cornflakes is an improvement on past experiments:

Quote:Beginning in 1949, the Quaker Oats Company, the National Institutes of Health, and the AEC fed minute doses of radioactive materials to boys at the Fernald School for the mentally retarded in Waltham, Massachusetts, to determine if chemicals used in breakfast cereal prevented the body from absorbing iron and calcium. The unwitting subjects were told that they were joining a science club. The consent form sent to the boys' parents made no mention of the radiation experiment.

http://www.netti.fi/~makako/mind/radiatio.htm

It always so inspiring to know my country didn't do the horrible kinds of things the Nazis did!....there was one big difference - the Nazis did them in German.

NB - RFID chips are now in many boxes of cereal and other foods, as well as consumer goods boxes of all types...and they can track where you go with them. :joyman:

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - David Guyatt - 14-05-2009

Doing that in porridge I can understand as it saves heating you porridge up in the morning. :top:

And I guess this is where that advert idea arose from, where little kids eat their morning porridge on a cold winter's day and then "glow" as they walk to school.:rock:

When fascism comes [or came] to America... - Jan Klimkowski - 14-05-2009

David Guyatt Wrote:

Doing that in porridge I can understand as it saves heating you porridge up in the morning. :top:

And I guess this is where that advert idea arose from, where little kids eat their morning porridge on a cold winter's day and then "glow" as they walk to school.:rock:

LaughLaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYvxip4Le8

:eating::nurse::rock:

The tagline is:

GET UP AND GLOW :heeeelllllooooo: