Deep Politics Forum
Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: DPF Articles Discussion (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? (/thread-14690.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Cliff Varnell - 29-07-2016

Is This the Future of Bernie's Revolution?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/future-bernies-revolution

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Drew Phipps - 01-08-2016

3rd-party candidates gain momentum in response to Trump and Clinton

(Article contains charts and statistics)

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/01/third-party-candidates-gain-momentum-in-response-to-trump-and-cl/21442422/

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Peter Lemkin - 01-08-2016

Drew Phipps Wrote:3rd-party candidates gain momentum in response to Trump and Clinton

(Article contains charts and statistics)

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/01/third-party-candidates-gain-momentum-in-response-to-trump-and-cl/21442422/

I've seen quite different poll numbers [always biased and usually unreliable!] on the third parties, but I do NOT doubt that this 'race to the bottom' has led many to look elsewhere...and I think turnout will be light....plus the usual 'slight of hand' in manipulation of ballots in swing states will be BIG BUSINESS this time!

Trump seems to be doing better than anyone else in destroying his chances....but Clinton has some legal matters coming up and other scandals that could bubble to the surface.

For me, its Jill Stein and the Green Party - on principal and ethics.

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Peter Lemkin - 01-08-2016

Bernie Sanders quits the Democratic Party!

[Image: bernie-sanders-leaves-the-democratic-party-696x365.jpg]

After campaigning as a Democrat and endorsing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders decided to quit the party and return to being an independent senator. However, this doesn't come as a surprise, as the Bern was an independent before running for president.
I was elected as an independent. I'll stay two years more as an independent,' Bernie Sanders told Bloomberg, referring to the two years left in his term as a Vermont Senator.
[B]Not identifying with the democrats anymore[/B]

Even more, his views lean further left than the Democrats' platform and before announcing that he's planning to run for President, back in 2015, Sanders has rarely identified as a member of the party. And don't forget that he's part of the U.S. political life since 1979.
However, Bernie Sanders has strong ties with the party, even though he was not a member, as back in 2005, senior Democrats endorsed him for his Senate run. Also, several members were intrigued by the fact that he was actually allowed to run as a Democrat, while voicemails made public by WikiLeaks revealed that important party donor wanted did not want him to speak at the DNC.
After making the announcement, Bernie Sanders called for more heads to roll in the Democratic party over the latest email leak which revealed that senior officials were biased against his campaign and led to the resignation of DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
[B]There's a big need for change in the DNC[/B]

"We need a DNC which has as very different direction,' he said. I honestly don't know many of the people there. But my guess is we're going to need new leadership, a new direction and new personnel."
As expected, Bernie Sanders' huge fan base will largely follow him even as an Independent and are divided as to vote for Hillary Clinton in November's general elections.

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Cliff Varnell - 01-08-2016

The Occupy morphed into the Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign -- and now morphs into The Revolution!

Trump is toast -- The Revolution starts now!

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Drew Phipps - 01-08-2016

Maybe now he'll talk to Jill Stein.

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Cliff Varnell - 02-08-2016

Drew Phipps Wrote:Maybe now he'll talk to Jill Stein.

And give up his demonstrated leverage with soon-to-be-whether-you-hate-it-or-not President H. Clinton?

He said he'd campaign for Hillary until Nov. 8 and on Nov. 9 he's dedicated to holding her feet to the fire.

We're in a new era of political engagement, ya'all...

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Magda Hassan - 02-08-2016

Hypothetical question. What happens if things go pear shaped with the Clinton campaign because she gets arrested or other such legal constraints mean she cannot hold office? Trump stays in the race but what happens for the Democrats or other candidates? Bernie has resigned from Democrats so presumable they wouldn't/couldn't use him not that they seemed to want to in the first place.

Sanders as a third-party candidate.....might it work? - Cliff Varnell - 02-08-2016

Magda Hassan Wrote:Hypothetical question. What happens if things go pear shaped with the Clinton campaign because she gets arrested or other such legal constraints mean she cannot hold office? Trump stays in the race but what happens for the Democrats or other candidates? Bernie has resigned from Democrats so presumable they wouldn't/couldn't use him not that they seemed to want to in the first place.

Magda, here's the thing about the Clintons.

They are probably the most investigated people on Earth.

As soon as the GOP took over Congress after the '94 mid-terms, they launched exhaustive investigations.

All they came up with is Bill lying about adultery in a deposition un-related to a settled civil suit.

What does that tell me?

That there is a "no fly zone" over the actual crimes Bill Clinton committed -- aiding and abetting drug/gun smuggling out of Mena Airport in Arkansas, while he was governor.

The Globalists and the Dominionists who form the American ruling elite have dirty hands when it comes to drug smuggling.

If the Clintons are so evil then why are they hated with such intensity by truly despicable folks like the Christian Right -- who in my opinion are the worst of the worst?

As far as Hillary being arrested because 3 State Department documents carried small "classified" markings by mistake and everyone in the loop missed it -- which FBI Direcor Comey admitted any reasonable person would understandably miss -- it's a dead issue.

It's a "gotcha," nothing more.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-07-31-at-4.48.01-PM-e14...ufqvqq.png]

Cliff Varnell Wrote:The Occupy morphed into the Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign -- and now morphs into The Revolution!

Trump is toast -- The Revolution starts now!

So far so good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-campaign-dnc-chair_us_579f93bce4b0693164c20cfb?section=&section=us_politics

Quote:PHILADELPHIA ― Hillary Clinton's campaign said it is looking for a progressive replacement to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) to chair the Democratic National Committee, reflecting the party's attempts to unify with Sen. Bernie Sanders' (I-Vt.) supporters.

"We will want a person at the head of the party that represents the progressive platform that the party adopted and that represents that spirit of reform and integration of the grassroots into the party," Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta told The Huffington Post in an interview Thursday at the Democratic National Convention.