Deep Politics Forum
Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Geopolitical Hotspots (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. (/thread-14851.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Drew Phipps - 08-07-2016

Three officers are confirmed dead. The police are seeking two shooters firing from elevated positions in Downtown Dallas. Articles to follow as they become available.

My personal sorrow and deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the affected officers.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Drew Phipps - 08-07-2016

Two police officers shot at protest in Dallas - local TV

Jul 7th 2016 10:22PM

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-at-protest-in-dallas-local-tv/21426172/

July 7 (Reuters) - Two police officers were shot in Texas on Thursday during a protest against police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana, KDFW TV in Dallas reported. The condition of the officers was not known, the station said. Broadcaster KABC reported that shots were fired during demonstrations at Belo Garden Park in Dallas. Footage showed a heavy police presence with officers taking cover behind vehicles on the street.

They are already saying "2 snipers." The shooters were not firing from within the crowd of protesters, but from "elevated positions". Ten officers "Rapid Transit"? reported shot, three killed, several in surgery.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Marlene Zenker - 08-07-2016

At least 10 police officers shot now, 3 dead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-protest-shooting_us_577f0a0ce4b0344d514eb552

Drew Phipps Wrote:Two police officers shot at protest in Dallas - local TV

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-at-protest-in-dallas-local-tv/21426172/

July 7 (Reuters) - Two police officers were shot in Texas on Thursday during a protest against police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana, KDFW TV in Dallas reported. The condition of the officers was not known, the station said. Broadcaster KABC reported that shots were fired during demonstrations at Belo Garden Park in Dallas. Footage showed a heavy police presence with officers taking cover behind vehicles on the street.

They are already saying "2 snipers." Ten officers reported shot, three killed, several in surgery.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Peter Lemkin - 08-07-2016

Marlene Zenker Wrote:At least 10 police officers shot now, 3 dead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-protest-shooting_us_577f0a0ce4b0344d514eb552

Drew Phipps Wrote:Two police officers shot at protest in Dallas - local TV

They are already saying "2 snipers." Ten officers reported shot, three killed, several in surgery.

Well, if it perhaps is a real reaction, however misguided, to the endless police executions of black men and boys [and occasionally women and girls] it is sad, but to-be-expected. I do NOT condone anyone shooting anyone except in self defense and as a last resort; as I do not believe in wars except in self-defense and as a last resort. This also could be a provocation to unleash even heavier police violence toward the poor and black and/or to make it more difficult for any city to allow peaceful marches regarding police violence. Four of the 11 police shot are now dead, and over 50 shots had been fired at the police initially from sniper positions in high buildings. I fear rather than thinking 'twice' before executing someone this will make the police, countrywide, even more murderous and trigger-happy. The police are a menace in the USA now [not surprising in a police state]. I, as a lilly-white and older male who looks well educated am afraid of them, and know what my black and brown brothers and sisters have to face and fear when walking around or even sitting in their homes. American needs a total overhaul of its values and who it hires as and how it trains its police. Most of all, police who murder the innocent for no reason need to be punished just as all others. This bias, if not plan, to give the police a get-out-of-jail-card [or even court] is so very sick, but again the hallmark of a police state where the police only protect the elites and propertied class, and use fear and intimidation as one of their weapons. Somewhat ironic this event happened in Dallas and even in or near Dealey Plaza, given what went down there in 11/63, and the police involvement in that event. Sadly, I think this will cause even more senseless police murders of the innocent, nationwide. It is going to be a long hot summer in America......more likely one that will last for years. What would be needed [but I predict will not happen] would be a national investigation into how the Police act toward the poor and darker-skinned citizens - or really how they react to the citizenry, generally...and the needed changes made. I expect neither such an investigation nor any positive changes. If the Police or any other entity want the police respected, they will have to EARN it. To date, generally they have not....from their participation in the decimation of the union movement, their long participation in preventing the civil rights movement [and high police participation in KKK and similar groups], their general contempt for the poor and dark skinned, their impunity given and taken in breaking the rules and laws, their all too free use of executions. Throw in their contempt for progressive persons and demonstrations and even several police riots and what do we get? Do we need police - sadly, yes. Do we need the kind of police we now have - NOT AT ALL! They are a standing occupation force and force of oppression of the overclass on the underclass and those who want change. [I site police actions against OWS as an example]. Their 'Brown Shirt' techniques at times are welcomed by many in power, and they are not prosecuted for it in 99 cases out of 100. Are there a few good police, yes, but mostly they are at higher levels or detectives. I'd not trust the average police on a beat or in a police car myself and have had more than my own share of horror stories. Every poor and dark skinned person had an infinitely greater fear and reason to fear them. The militarization of the police is yet another matter very worrying. Things need to change and NOT just in the Police - but in the structure of American Society.

N.B. One suspected shooter has surrendered and one other suspect in the shootings is in custody. One other person with a weapon is being negotiated with. One can expect they will get very different treatment from the 'justice' system than the police officers who kill innocent and unarmed people, on average, once every other day in the USA.

- As an American who lives in Europe I know the completely different feel one has about police here and police there.

Dealy Plaza web cam shows police presence in Dealy Plaza.

http://earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/?cam=dealeyplaza

Police cars on Main, Elm, and Houston.

A fourth officer is said to have died.

Audio recording started apparently after the shooting started includes what sounds to me like 50+ separate reports. Some of them in groups of three. Some of them have a semi automatic cadence. Two separate kinds of gunshots by sound, one a lower pitch, one a higher sharper sound. Unknown what or how many reports might be echos.

CNN expert says reports are a long gun and a semi automatic.

Please note that this audio recording is not the "triangulated fire from the rooftops" but is instead the subsequent shootout at street level that killed one officer and which apparently resulted in the shooter killing himself.

A suspect arrested after a shootout with SWAT. A suspicious package is being investigated.

Eyewitness: Shooter got out of a dark Chevy Tahoe, shot a first police officer. Shots fired while cop on ground. Walked to Elm Street. Eyewitness identifies weapon as AR-15, "clear as day?" " high capacity magazines." " Apparently wearing body armour." " Cop fires 3 shots, hit suspect one time in the back, and then suspect turned around and return fire." Eyewitness thinks initial gunfire was designed to attract officers to his position. eyewitness Ishmael Dejesus. video apparently posted on Facebook.

gunshot Sounds match the semi automatic pattern of the audio tape.

Edit: I don't know how long a time separated the rooftop shootings from the street level shootout, but if the street level shooter was one of the 2? rooftop guys, he had to have time to exit the rooftop, and drive his Tahoe to another location... If there isn't enough time for this to occur, he's a separate shooter entirely. Ishmael Dejesus certainly deduced a lot in a short period of time with a limited viewpoint.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Magda Hassan - 08-07-2016

This is not going to end well.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Magda Hassan - 08-07-2016

Quite possibly people taking a kind of justice into their own hands, not good and not right. But could also be others as yet unidentified trying to fan the flames of discontent. Of which there is much and fully justifiable.

Downtown Dallas: Police officers shot by two or more snipers from elevated positions. - Peter Lemkin - 08-07-2016

Magda Hassan Wrote:Quite possibly people taking a kind of justice into their own hands, not good and not right. But could also be others as yet unidentified trying to fan the flames of discontent. Of which there is much and fully justifiable.

...or a mix of those...or even a false-flag type of event to make it so no police department will allow demonstrations against police shootings/killings nor even the recording of police activities etc. But, whatever way this turns out, it will end badly - locally and nationally, IMO.