Deep Politics Forum
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Players, organisations, and events of deep politics (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! (/thread-15098.html)

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Peter Lemkin - 12-11-2016

I believe David or someone posted this on another thread, but it is so good, I felt it should be here, as well.

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Peter Lemkin - 12-11-2016

Third Straight Night Of Protests Against Trump

[Image: AAkc9Hg.jpg]

By Terrence Petty and Robert Jablon, www.hosted.ap.org
November 12th, 2016

Above Photo: People protest against U.S. President-elect Donald Trump in Miami, Florida, on Nov. 11. Javier Galeano/REUTERS

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) From New York to Illinois to California, in red states as well as blue, protesters decrying Donald Trump's election spent another night overtaking highways, smashing store windows, igniting fires and in at least one city, facing pepper spray and rubber projectiles from police trying to clear the streets.
The demonstrations stretched into a third straight night Thursday and came to a head in Portland, Oregon, where thousands marched and chanted, "We reject the president-elect!" while some lit firecrackers and sparked a dumpster blaze.
Officers began physically pushing back against the crowd that at times threw objects at them, making 26 arrests and using flash-bang devices and types of smoke or tear gas to force people to disperse.
Trump himself fired back, tweeting: "Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!"
In Portland, police termed the protest a riot after some 4,000 protesters surged into the downtown area. After giving several orders to leave, officers fired what appeared to be rubber projectiles. It was not immediately clear if anyone was hit.
The number of protesters dwindled by early Friday, and police ordered those still in the streets to disperse immediately or be "subject to arrest and the use of riot-control agents."
In Denver, protesters briefly shut down a freeway near downtown. Police said demonstrators made their way onto Interstate 25, stopping traffic for about a half-hour.
Protesters also briefly shut down highways in Minneapolis and Los Angeles.
In downtown San Francisco, high school students called out "not my president" as they marched, holding signs urging a Trump eviction. They waved rainbow banners and Mexican flags, as bystanders in the heavily Democratic city gave them high-fives from the sidelines.
"As a white, queer person, we need unity with people of color, we need to stand up," said Claire Bye, a 15-year-old sophomore at Academy High School. "I'm fighting for my rights as an LGBTQ person. I'm fighting for the rights of brown people, black people, Muslim people."
In New York City and Chicago, large groups gathered outside Trump Tower. In New York, they chanted angry slogans and waved banners bearing anti-Trump messages. Police still stood guard Friday on Fifth Avenue.
"You got everything straight up and down the line," demonstrator David Thomas said. "You got climate change, you got the Iran deal. You got gay rights, you got mass deportations. Just everything, straight up and down the line, the guy is wrong on every issue."
In Philadelphia, protesters near City Hall held signs bearing slogans: "Not Our President," "Trans Against Trump" and "Make America Safe For All." Officers on bikes blocked traffic for the march that spanned four lanes of street traffic and even drew parents with children in strollers.
Jeanine Feito, 23, held a sign that read "not 1 more deportation." The Temple University student said she acknowledges Trump as president-elect but doesn't accept it.
"I'm Cuban-American. My parents are immigrants, and I'm also a woman. These are things Trump doesn't stand for," Feito said. "He's bullied us, discriminated against us, is racist and encourages violence. I think it's important we stand together and fight against this."
About 500 people turned out at a protest in Louisville, Kentucky, while hundreds in Baltimore marched to the stadium where the Ravens were playing a football game.
A group got into some shoving matches with police in Oakland, California, but Los Angeles saw mostly peaceful protests. City News Service reported that dozens of protesters in the nation's second-largest city were arrested around midnight when they refused to budge.
As expected, the demonstrations led to social media blowback from Trump supporters accusing protesters of sour grapes or worse, though there were no significant counterprotests. They said the demonstrators were not respecting the democratic process.

Quote:The MSM are downplaying or ignoring many of the protests - some of which have been very large. Most have been very peaceful, if angry. Here is a partial list of those that took place last night in the USA. I saw a huge one at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin on the internet today...and other European cities have had them as well. They seem to be spreading and not calming down. It is going to be a very rough ride the next years.... http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/trump-protests-list-which-states-cities-have-anti-trump-protests-riots-today-tonight-where-photos-videos-philadelphia-ohio-portland-chicago-texas-iowa-new-york-california-live/

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Paul Rigby - 13-11-2016

Mark Blyth ─ Global Trumpism

Published on 29 Sep 2016

Watson Institute Student Seminar Series - American Democracy: The Dangers and Opportunities of Right Here and Right Now

Designed especially with Brown undergraduates in mind, but welcoming all members of the University and wider community, this seminar

[video=youtube_share;Bkm2Vfj42FY]http://youtu.be/Bkm2Vfj42FY[/video]

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Cliff Varnell - 13-11-2016

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Cliff Varnell - 13-11-2016

Cliff Varnell Wrote:"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

In fairness to the American people it looks as if Hillary will finish almost 3 million votes ahead in the popular vote.

She lost the election to vote suppression in all its insidious forms.

Hey hey! Ho ho!

Electoral college has gotta go!

Hey Trump!

We know you!

Your daddy was

a racist too!

USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - Tracy Riddle - 13-11-2016

Only in America can a candidate win the most votes and still lose the election. Ain't it great?

Today my girlfriend and I watched the movie Zoolander (2001 with Ben Stiller), which I had never seen, and to my amazement, Trump shows up in a cameo appearance. This guy is in literally thousands of hours of our popular culture over the last 30 years, more than Reagan ever was.

Tracy Riddle Wrote:Only in America can a candidate win the most votes and still lose the election. Ain't it great?

Today my girlfriend and I watched the movie Zoolander (2001 with Ben Stiller), which I had never seen, and to my amazement, Trump shows up in a cameo appearance. This guy is in literally thousands of hours of our popular culture over the last 30 years, more than Reagan ever was.

I first wrote about this prick 25 years ago.

When he attacks "a rigged media" the irony is lethal.

He's the one who rigged the media -- turned CNN/MSNBC/Fox into a 24/7 Reality TV Show -- The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka!

The networks made a ton of money, so much that they granted Trump and his surrogates all the free time they wanted, while obsessing on the bad optics of Hillary and her e-mails.

The cable news networks wanted The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka! for a 4 year run.

What to do?

Pull a Peter Finch, go to your window and yell out -- "Donald Trump is not my President!"

The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka!

Ever watch "Game of Thrones"?

I haven't.

But I pick up things here and there -- there's a dwarf in GOT, a blonde lady, and some guy named Jon Snow who they don't know if he's dead or not.

And there was something called the Red Wedding.

What proper journal would hire me to do an in depth analysis of "Game of Thrones"?

...Please, right?

Well, there's all sorts of people opining about the 2016 election haven't watched The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka!

Same thing.

Cliff Varnell Wrote: The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka!

Ever watch "Game of Thrones"?

I haven't.

But I pick up things here and there -- there's a dwarf in GOT, a blonde lady, and some guy named Jon Snow who they don't know if he's dead or not.

And there was something called the Red Wedding.

What proper journal would hire me to do an in depth analysis of "Game of Thrones"?

...Please, right?

Well, there's all sorts of people opining about the 2016 election haven't watched The Donald J Trump Show starring Donald J Trump and featuring the lovely Ivanka!

Same thing.

I got 2000 hours, at least -- June 16, 2015 to Nov 8, 2016.

How can Johnson accuse me of being a troll when Johnson doesn't know dick about how 2016 was rigged?