Deep Politics Forum
Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Trump says he will* release remaining documents (/thread-15656.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Martin White - 21-10-2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41708854

He says he'll release them "subject to receipt of further information", whatever that means?

Presumably with redactions still in place?

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Anthony Thorne - 21-10-2017

Trump means that the info and arguments the CIA has presented to him so far, hasn't convinced him that the documents still need to be sealed. They have a week to find a way to change his mind.

Redactions aren't supposed to be part of what we get, but obviously we'll have to wait and see. Trump's tweet is encouraging though - and far more importantly it has brought the matter to the attention of many, many people who probably weren't aware of it until today. That might be the most important thing he could do on this issue, and will make it harder for anyone to justify further obstruction.

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Thomas Neal - 21-10-2017

Anthony Thorne Wrote:Trump means that the info and arguments the CIA has presented to him so far, hasn't convinced him that the documents still need to be sealed. They have a week to find a way to change his mind.

Roger Stone thinks he has Trump convinced to release the documents. Who's good will does Trump need more - Mike Pompeo or Stone?

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Jim DiEugenio - 22-10-2017

I think Roger is doing a good job considering he is not in the administration. He at least has Trump talking about it.

And the story is catching on in the MSM.

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Thomas Neal - 22-10-2017

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I think Roger is doing a good job considering he is not in the administration. He at least has Trump talking about it.

After withholding this stuff for 50+ years, JFK related or not, it *should* contain some important info about *something*. If not, it would be an appropriate time to point out that CIA et al are misusing the classification process. How many docs released over the least few decades actually *were* a threat to national security at that time? Personally, I suspect that individual files from document 'collections' were destroyed immediately and the 'collections' themselves withheld to allow additional documents to be culled at later dates as necessary. The above obviously not solely limited to JFK files.

Semper en obscurus...

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Martin White - 22-10-2017

I do remain firmly convinced that the *actual* truth is not contained in any document, that exists now or in the past.

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Dawn Meredith - 22-10-2017

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I think Roger is doing a good job considering he is not in the administration. He at least has Trump talking about it.

Ya, I read that CNN had Posner on yesterday and he said the only thing Oliver Stone got right in JFK was the assassination date. Any MSM not doing a hit piece on this? I am very glad to see that Trump is doing this.

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Dawn Meredith - 22-10-2017

Martin White Wrote:I do remain firmly convinced that the *actual* truth is not contained in any document, that exists now or in the past.

Really? What about Northwoods, for example?

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Martin White - 23-10-2017

Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Martin White Wrote:I do remain firmly convinced that the *actual* truth is not contained in any document, that exists now or in the past.

Really? What about Northwoods, for example?

Hello Dawn

I meant with regard to the assassination. Things like Northwoods are background data IMHO, context. I don't believe there exists a document (certainly not outwith any private individual's collection) that explains any specifics such as who, why or how. I think it's unlikely that such a document ever existed and if it did, someone will have disposed of it long, long ago.

I think the best we can hope for from this is more background, more context, but nothing that names names.

Trump says he will* release remaining documents - Anthony DeFiore - 23-10-2017

Dawn Meredith Wrote:

Ya, I read that CNN had Posner on yesterday and he said the only thing Oliver Stone got right in JFK was the assassination date. Any MSM not doing a hit piece on this? I am very glad to see that Trump is doing this.

Greetings Dawn! Posner looked like an underfed squirrel. He does more good as a MSM source than not! Wink