Deep Politics Forum
Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture (/thread-2066.html)

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - Magda Hassan - 03-09-2009

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/142383/atheist_group_offers_to_take_care_of_christians%27_pets_after_the_rapture

I'm honestly not sure what Earthbound Pets really is -- probably the biggest hoax on the internet, but one thing is sure -- it is hilarious. Here's the premise: "You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind."
This sounds fantastic -- after all, when the rapture comes, there is probably going to be a lot of things on your mind. Really, what does one even pack? So it's nice to get arrangements for your pets, who apparently will spent eternity with the atheists and gays and gay atheists, all sorted out before hand.
Here's more from their site:
We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.

We are currently active in 20 states and growing. Our representatives have been screened to ensure that they are atheists, animal lovers, are moral / ethical with no criminal background, have the ability and desire to rescue your pet and the means to retrieve them and ensure their care for your pet's natural life. ...
Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable. For $110.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $15.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged friends.
Surely, it seems this is some sort of joke, although their FAQs claim otherwise. One can only hope that very gullible Christians have sent in their money. At least it will be going to a good cause.

Quote:One can only hope that very gullible Christians have sent in their money. At least it will be going to a good cause.
If they're stoopid enough to believe in the Rapture as it is sold to them then they should have no problems with sending off their money to this Earth Bound Pets lot. Seem a much better bet than the Rapture as do all life affirming non-death cult groups.

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - David Guyatt - 03-09-2009

Sounds like a scam to me. If the Rapture arrives how can they prove they will rescue one pet per household when there's no fee paying humans left down here on Earth? It's obviously a case for Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

Btw, when the Rapture arrives, does it mean more, or no more beer? Since fine Burgundy is heavenly, I am assuming there will be a plentiful supply on tap in Cloudland?

These are serious considerations to volunteering to being saved or not.

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - Magda Hassan - 03-09-2009

There is a whole industry to made from this. Insurance for those the chosen one's are forced to leave behind, plant watering and letter redirection, the possibilities are endless. :flybye:

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - David Guyatt - 03-09-2009

Star

Hedge trimming too.

But you're definitely on to a winner with letter redirection. An essential service.

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - Myra Bronstein - 03-09-2009

Magda Hassan Wrote:There is a whole industry to made from this. Insurance for those the chosen one's are forced to leave behind, plant watering and letter redirection, the possibilities are endless. :flybye:

:hahaha: "Plant watering"!

Kind Atheist Group Offers to Take Care of Christians' Pets After the Rapture - Myra Bronstein - 03-09-2009

I have to email them to find out if they're for real. I'm going in under deep cover as a potential customer.

Myra Bronstein Wrote:I have to email them to find out if they're for real. I'm going in under deep cover as a potential customer.

Update: I emailed and asked "Could you please tell me how much you will charge if my pet is pregnant when IT happens?"

I'll report back as events warrant.

Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:I have to email them to find out if they're for real. I'm going in under deep cover as a potential customer.

Update: I emailed and asked "Could you please tell me how much you will charge if my pet is pregnant when IT happens?"

I'll report back as events warrant.

Ok, here's my follow up. I got a reply to my question:
Myra,
lol. no extra charge.
regards,
Bart