Deep Politics Forum
US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Black Operations (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks (/thread-3331.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - David Guyatt - 10-11-2010

Quote:In July of this year, U.S. citizen Jacob Appelbaum, a researcher and spokesman for WikiLeaks, was detained for several hours at the Newark airport after returning from a trip to Holland, and had his laptop, cellphones and other electronic products seized -- all without a search warrant, without being charged with a crime, and without even being under investigation, at least to his knowledge. He was interrogated at length about WikiLekas, and was told by the detaining agents that he could expect to be subjected to the same treatment every time he left the country and attempted to return to the U.S.

I know the origin of this type of treatment.

This is a modern version of the Geheime Staatspolizei that was firstly administered by Fat Hermann Goering (1934) but later, after a political battle royale, was wrested away from Goering by Heinrich Himmler.

By 1936 a national law was passed that gave carte blanche to the Gestapo to operate without judicial review.

I mention this because it seems to me that this is the case now in the US and that the FBI'O is likewise not subject to any sort of "judicial review".

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo

The SS officer Werner Best, onetime head of legal affairs in the Gestapo,[7] summed up this policy by saying, "As long as the police carries out the will of the leadership, it is acting legally."[4] A further law passed later in the year gave the Gestapo responsibility for setting up and administering concentration camps.

Keep an eye open for newly built DZ camps I say.

History repeats itself.

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Peter Lemkin - 10-11-2010

David Guyatt Wrote:
Quote:In July of this year, U.S. citizen Jacob Appelbaum, a researcher and spokesman for WikiLeaks, was detained for several hours at the Newark airport after returning from a trip to Holland, and had his laptop, cellphones and other electronic products seized -- all without a search warrant, without being charged with a crime, and without even being under investigation, at least to his knowledge. He was interrogated at length about WikiLekas, and was told by the detaining agents that he could expect to be subjected to the same treatment every time he left the country and attempted to return to the U.S.

I know the origin of this type of treatment.

This is a modern version of the Geheime Staatspolizei that was firstly administered by Fat Hermann Goering (1934) but later, after a political battle royale, was wrested away from Goering by Heinrich Himmler.

By 1936 a national law was passed that gave carte blanche to the Gestapo to operate without judicial review.

I mention this because it seems to me that this is the case now in the US and that the FBI'O is likewise not subject to any sort of "judicial review".

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo

The SS officer Werner Best, onetime head of legal affairs in the Gestapo,[7] summed up this policy by saying, "As long as the police carries out the will of the leadership, it is acting legally."[4] A further law passed later in the year gave the Gestapo responsibility for setting up and administering concentration camps.

Keep an eye open for newly built DZ camps I say.

History repeats itself.

From your lips to Homeland Security's ears.....thinking of a visit to our Heimat any time soon, David?Smile

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - David Guyatt - 10-11-2010

Never again Pete. We used to holiday there but the coming of Bush-ler and his new Reich ruined the thought of ever returning again under any circumstances other than by rendition -- and I assume I 'm not that much of a thorn to anyone.

I'm hoping that the greedy hand-cupping poodles who endlessly line up to run this country will not entirely toe the US line. There is possibly some hope following the recent agreement with Frogland over aircraft carriers - albeit it as tiny as Dutch mountain. But is the intrinsically undemocratic E.U., really any better I wonder?

Neu World Feudual-ism seems to me to be the long-term aim of the global political elite.

And I ain't much good at tugging my forelock these days.

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Peter Lemkin - 14-11-2010

Bradley Manning Support Activist Raided by FBI
12th November 2010

Eric Garris | AntiWar.blog | November 10, 2010

From the Bradley Manning Support Network:

Washington, DC, November 10, 2010 – Last week, David House, a developer working with the Bradley Manning Support Network, was detained and had his computer seized by the FBI when returning from a vacation in Mexico. He committed no crime, nor was he ever alleged to have committed a crime. He was questioned extensively about his support for alleged WikiLeaks whistleblower Bradley Manning, who has been imprisoned at Quantico for over 160 days.

This invasive search is of great concern to all Americans who value the Constitutionally-protected rights to free speech and free assembly. The campaign to free Bradley Manning – which has garnered the support of tens of thousands of individuals from across the United States and the world – is rooted in a belief that government transparency is key to a healthy democracy. Our network stands firm in support of alleged WikiLeaks whistleblower Bradley Manning and has raised over $80,000 for his defense. If he is a source for documents published by WikiLeaks illuminating the campaign of disinformation about US foreign wars, then Manning deserves the gratitude of the entire nation.

House sent an email to the Network describing his detainment, saying that, “My computer, video camera, and flash drive were confiscated, leaving me in a tough spot in terms of research obligations; the reason for the seizure, said the officials, was ‘border search.’”

The FBI denied House’s requests to have a copy of his research data. This seems to be part of a disturbing trend of intimidation and property seizure being carried out against activists critical of US policies, including the detainment and laptop seizure of activist Jacob Applebaum in July and the September 24th FBI raids against antiwar and social justice activists.

House has not been charged with a crime.

“I try to be as even-handed as possible, but based on the subject of the search I can’t help but feel that this constitutes a form of intimidation,” wrote House in an email to the Network, “I feel as though the DHS has turned to harassing the friends and supporters of Bradley Manning in a potential attempt to disrupt our abilities to run a legal defense network.”

The Bradley Manning Support Network denounces this recent attempt by the FBI to intimidate its supporters. Blowing the whistle on war crimes is not a crime, and neither is standing up for Bradley Manning.

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2010/11/10/bradley-manning-support-activist-raided-by-fbi/

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Magda Hassan - 14-11-2010

Yep. That's what I was thinking of about you traveling since last time. And how much worse it will be. Though it was pretty bad last time for you , especially your dog.

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Peter Lemkin - 18-11-2010

An arrest order for Assange has JUST been issued in Sweden on the rape and molestation charges! I'll bet my life that this is a 'favor' to the USA for what Wikileaks leaked and nothing more....:motz:

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Keith Millea - 22-11-2010

Published on Monday, November 22, 2010 by The Daily Mail/UK Wikileaks Set to Release New Iraq war Logs 'Seven Times Bigger Than the First'

by Daniel Bates

Wikileaks has announced it is to release a second batch of Iraq war logs which will be seven times bigger than the first.

[Image: wikileaks_0.jpg]The Twitter post from Wikileaks which promises to redefine 'global history'

In a defiant posting on its official Twitter account, the website's founders said it was ‘under intense pressure' over the disclosure but vowed to press ahead anyway.
‘The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined. Keep us strong,' they added.
Such a vast information dump would create another firestorm in Britain and the U.S. where generals are still furious over the first set of 400,000 classified documents, the biggest military leak of all time.
They detailed what Wikileaks founder Julian Assange called 'compelling evidence of war crimes' by the U.S. led coalition and the Iraq government and sparked calls for a full inquiry.

Among the revelations were the claim that U.S. generals failed to investigate torture and killings by Iraqi police and soldiers.
They also revealed 15,000 previously unknown civilian deaths and told how a helicopter gunship involved in the shooting of journalists also shot insurgents after they tried to surrender.

A second far larger set of war logs could contain even more damaging revelations about similar crimes, or throw up entirely new incidents involving coalition troops.
They also raise the possibility of individual officers being named as perpetrators of ‘war crimes' and special forces agents in the field having their identities revealed.

On Wikileaks' Twitter page, its founders posted a rallying call to its supports and vowed to publish the second set of data.
‘Next release is 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs. intense pressure over it for months. Keep us strong,' it said.

The information will almost certainly have come from the Bradley Manning, the dissident U.S. army intelligence analyst who earlier this year is alleged to have leaked a tranche of 90,000 logs chronicling bloody encounters and civilian killings in Afghanistan.

Should Wikileaks go ahead with its promise, it will be the third time it has published such information in the face of opposition from military top brass around the world.

Its first Iraq war logs covered the period in the occupation between 2004 and 2009 and contained revelations that America failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, rape, torture and murder by Iraqi police and soldiers.

The information revealed that more than 15,000 civilians died in previously unknown incidents - U.S. and UK officials have insisted that no official record of civilian casualties exists but the logs record 66,081 non-combatant deaths out of a total of 109,000 fatalities.

In addition, the logs claim that in one incident a British rifleman shot dead an eight-year-old Iraqi girl as she played in the streets.
Soldiers were handing out sweets to children in their bid to win 'hearts and minds' when she was allegedly killed.

Adding to the controversy is the international arrest warrant which has been issued for Mr Assange by Swedish prosecutors over allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion.
The allegations, which the 39-year-old Australian has repeatedly denied, relate to two women he met while on a visit to Sweden in August.
Assange's London lawyer Mark Stephens, has said the claims were 'false and without basis'.

© 2010 The Daily Mail
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/11/22-0

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Peter Lemkin - 22-11-2010

This time they'll find 14 beautiful women to seduce and then poison him......or some such. Good going Wikileaks...don't plug that there leak!

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - David Guyatt - 22-11-2010

Quote:In addition, the logs claim that in one incident a British rifleman shot dead an eight-year-old Iraqi girl as she played in the streets.
Soldiers were handing out sweets to children in their bid to win 'hearts and minds' when she was allegedly killed.

The same thing almost certainly happened in Northern ireland during the "troubles" there where at least one soldier was ordered to go out and shoot people randomly - to stir things up. I understand this was part of the false flag NI operation.

Quote:‘The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined. Keep us strong,' they added.

This sounds a great deal more important than simply more of the same material in the first release of 400,000.

No wonder Assange has been accused of rape. The only hope left (assuming the data dump goes public as promised) is to so thoroughly ruin his public image that people will turn away in disgust.

I wonder if he'll be extradited to the US asap, to disappear in the Gulag system there?

US Intell planned to destroy Wikileaks - Jan Klimkowski - 22-11-2010

According to Trowbridge Ford, Gareth "I zipped and padlocked myself into a sports bag in my MI6 safe house bath" Williams and linguist Gudrun Loftus are major sources of the wikileaks material:

Quote:Shortly afterwards, Williams learned that Houghton had really set him up by dealing with the Dutch rather than the Russians with his copied material, and went to Afghanistan to gather material showing just how serious NATO forces there, especially the British, American, and German ones. had been in violating human rights in trying to suppress the insurgents. In the process of making the logs understandable to those not familiar with the languages used, particularly German, Mrs. Loftus, it seems, helped out in the translations because Angela Merkel's government was increasing its assistance to the Afghan mission while other countries were reducing theirs or were thinking of doing so. Once they were completed, Williams handed them over in July to Julian Assange's Wikileaks, apparently with the expectation that material would be redacted to protect the identity of forces and personnel involved. Wikileaks turned the Afghan Logs over to The New York Times, The Guardian, and Der Spiegel to pass on to the public. The choice of the German outlet as a source seemed to show Loftus's contribution to the project.

While the logs were redacted to prevent the identity of the forces involved, excesses by German forces around Kunduz were particularly noteable. In September of last year, the German commander there, Colonel Georg Klein, ordered the bombing of a crowd north of the city, looting two highjacked fuel tankers in the Kunduz river bed. Klein ordered the attack after Task Force 47, an elite special forces group, had been informed by a single source that it was a completely Taliban operation, and he agreed to the targeting of the two groups with 500-pound bombs from missiles, killing at least 142 people.

The rules of engagement allowed such action if there were no civilians in the area, and the German troops acted as if this were so, and so claimed, though the vast majority of those killed were civilians.(12) Actually, those killed were essentially civilians who the Taliban had mobilized to move the tankers. As in Britain's suppression of IRA terrorism, as Richard Norton-Taylor pointed out, the killing of 'high value' targets was done with no attempt to capture them, warning shots were hardly ever fired, and winning 'hearts and minds' of the Afghans was largely a myth, intended merely for the benefit of the folks back home. Lady Neville-Jones, Britain's Security Minister, hit the nail on the head when she said that the logs appeared to be the product of both leaking and hacking - what Williams could best provide.

What really infuriated Mrs. Loftus was that Merkel's government really did nothing about it - only accepting the resignations of Defence Minister Franz Josef Jung whose attempted cover up of the incident was exposed, and the retirement of German President Horst Köhler, another graduate of Tubingen University, after he said that German involvement in Afghanistant was good for world stability and its economy. Though Chancellor Merkel had belatedly promised a full investigation of the tragedy, the charges against Klein were ultimately dropped, and nothing has really been done about it.(13)

The unredacted leaks by Williams and Loftus, of course, just put them in greater jeopardy, as Julian Assange explained after an apparent meeting with one of them:"We have delayed the release of some 15,000 reports from the total archive as part of a harm minimization process remanded by our source. After further review, these reports will be released, with the occasional redactions and eventaully, in full, as the security situation in Afghanistant permits." (14)

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2010/11/gareth-williams-and-gudrun-loftus.html

This claim may or may not be true, and may be better discussed in the Williams thread here:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27904&postcount=108