Deep Politics Forum
India- interesting timing - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Black Operations (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: India- interesting timing (/thread-438.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

India- interesting timing - Dawn Meredith - 26-11-2008

Terror attack---just like was predicted would happen before Obama takes office.

How convenient...or am I just REALLY cynical?

Dawn

India- interesting timing - Myra Bronstein - 27-11-2008

Dawn Meredith Wrote:Terror attack---just like was predicted would happen before Obama takes office.

How convenient...or am I just REALLY cynical?

Dawn

You're observant, not cynical.

Why India I wonder?

India- interesting timing - Dawn Meredith - 27-11-2008

Myra Bronstein Wrote:You're observant, not cynical.

Why India I wonder?

So it would not be so obvious perhaps? Because it's next to Pakistan? Now they are talking about a potential "terror" problem in NY (subway) just glanced at the tv news for a second.

India- interesting timing - Peter Lemkin - 27-11-2008

Ugh!...so Obama will 'have' to say...emergency situation makes all campaign promises no-go? About 150 feared dead and another 250 injured are the reports I'm hearing - with some shooting still going on. As there were at least 16 simultaneous attacks it is not known if it is even over.....
[the BBC is hinting the group may be related to al Quida...that security around the hotels was lowered a few days ago and that the terrorists came from Pakistan....good script writing.]
Thanksgiving Day present from the Deep Political crew?
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=ce1a21eb-2e47-451a-a53f-9978dc3fb654&ParentID=55740c3c-fcd5-46a4-9820-5f2d9272063a&&Headline=Bush%2c+Obama+condemn+Mumbai+attacks%3b+offer+assistance

India- interesting timing - David Healy - 27-11-2008

Myra Bronstein Wrote:You're observant, not cynical.

Why India I wonder?

perhaps the Indian Navy sinking of the pirate boat off the coast of Somalia recently... might of had something to do with it?

India- interesting timing - David Guyatt - 27-11-2008

David, I think that might be a most astute observation.

It seems to me that there is something highly curious going on with regard to the Somali pirate hijacking of the Saudi-owned Sirius Star, the world's largest oil tanker. According to the BBC the pirates have not made a ransom demand yet. Most odd, I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7736885.stm

India- interesting timing - Magda Hassan - 27-11-2008

I thought the Indian navy had sunk a Thai fishing trawler. They said it was a mother ship for the pirates but there is a very cranky Thai fishing boat owner claiming that the Indian navy sank his boat and that one of the sailors on it was not rescued for several days. Or did they sink 2 boats?

India- interesting timing - David Guyatt - 27-11-2008

Looks like the attacks were extremely well planned and carried out which indicates a highly coordinated network and a sophisticated controlling mind. It is also not something that could have been planned overnight.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081126/twl-mumbai-anti-terrorist-chief-killed-i-41f21e0.html

Mumbai anti-terrorist chief killed in attacks
Yesterday, 09:05 pm
Print Story
At least 80 people have been killed, including the chief of the anti-terrorist squad, and hundreds injured in a wave of terrorist attacks in India's biggest city. Skip related content

RELATED PHOTOS / VIDEOS
Scores dead following 'terrorist' attacks in India
Play video
Scores dead following 'terrorist' attacks in India Play video Mumbai anti-terrorist chief killed in attacks
RELATED CONTENT
Mumbai attacks may hasten India rate cuts
Video: Over 100 killed in India attacks
Pakistan-based militant group denies Mumbai attacks
Related Hot Topic: Mumbai
Have your say: Mumbai
P D Ghadge, a police officer in the main control room in Mumbai said: "We have reports of 80 people dead and at least 250 injured. Many have serious injuries and the toll will go up."

Hemant Karkare, chief of the anti-terrorist squad in Mumbai, was also killed during the attacks, according to local reports.

Gunmen are also holding Westerners hostage at the luxury Taj Mahal Hotel.

Local media reported that gunmen fired automatic weapons and hurled grenades at at least seven locations around the city, which is the country's financial powerhouse.

The attackers struck at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus station in southern Mumbai and Leopold's restaurant, a local landmark, as well as at the Taj Mahal Palace and Oberoi hotels.

A British Euro-MP was among guests who found themselves under siege in the Taj Mahal Palace.

Conservative North West MEP Sajjad Karim, speaking by mobile phone from a barricaded basement room in the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, said he and others had fled from machine-gun fire.

He said: "I was in the lobby of the hotel when gunmen came in and people started running. There were about 25 or 30 of us.

"Some of us split one way and some another. A gunman just stood there spraying bullets around, right next to me. I managed to turn away and I ran into the hotel kitchen and then we were shunted into a restaurant in the basement."

Mr Karim is part of a delegation of Euro-MPs visiting Mumbai ahead of the forthcoming EU-India summit.

A N Roy, chief of Maharashtra state police, said: "These are terrorist strikes in at least seven places. Unknown terrorists have gone with automatic weapons and opened fire indiscriminately.

"At a few places they even used grenades. There have been blasts at a few places."

Foreign Secretary David Miliband has condemned the attacks.

"Today's attacks in Mumbai which have claimed many innocent victims, remind us, yet again, of the threat we face from violent extremists," he said in a statement.

"I condemn these attacks unreservedly. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed and injured.

"The UK and India will continue their joint efforts to counter the actions of terrorists."

Prime Minister Gordon Brown described the attacks as "outrageous" and said they would be met with a "vigorous response".

India- interesting timing - Dawn Meredith - 27-11-2008

The spin here is that the targets were Americans, which is what aroused my suspicions.

(My brother in law and family had just returned from India the day before).
Dawn

India- interesting timing - Peter Lemkin - 27-11-2008

Again I repeat and emphasize that the report is of security at several of the venues of the attacks having been lessened in the last few days...an echo of 9/11 and London bombings.....and leads me to think that while definitely terrorism, this might be 'our' terrorism. False flag - unknown is if it was MIHOP or LIHOP.