Deep Politics Forum
Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Arts (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... (/thread-4668.html)

Pages: 1 2

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Peter Lemkin - 23-10-2010

Wesley Snipes Backs Film About CIA-led MLK Project
21st October 2010

EurWeb | October 21, 2010 :congrats:

*Wesley Snipes is involved in the 1960′s-set thriller “Code Name Zorro,” a biopic of the man who headed up the CIA’s top secret Zorro project designed to destroy Martin Luther King’s credibility.

According to Deadline, the film centers on the final moments in the life of William Sullivan, who’s Zorro project was initiated by J. Edgar Hoover and included tactics such as wiretapping and fraud to set up numerous illegal schemes.

Sullivan intended to air all of the dirty laundry about the project to a journalist, but was killed in a “hunting accident” shortly thereafter.

Justin Stamm penned the script and Snipes has received endorsement from Martin Luther King Jr.’s son, Martin Luther King III.

Snipes will produce, be involved in selecting cast and director, and will likely play a role though which one is presently undetermined.

http://www.eurweb.com/?p=59546

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2010

Interesting. I wonder if the US government's determination to jail Snipes for income tax issues is related to this.

This is also the first time I heard about William Sullivan's plans to talk prior to his "hunting accident." I always thought Sullivan was just part of the general post-Kennedy, pre HSCA, murder cleanup.

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Peter Lemkin - 23-10-2010

Myra Bronstein Wrote:Interesting. I wonder if the US government's determination to jail Snipes for income tax issues is related to this.

This is also the first time I heard about William Sullivan's plans to talk prior to his "hunting accident." I always thought Sullivan was just part of the general post-Kennedy, pre HSCA, murder cleanup.

I'm sure the first is just a 'coincidence'; as to the Sullivan....nothing about the story is anything less than a coincidence to the fourth power...... Now you know why they don't want Americans to be proficient at math!...logic nor statistics....oh, and throw in the truth about real history....at any period.

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Myra Bronstein - 24-10-2010

Peter Lemkin Wrote:...Now you know why they don't want Americans to be proficient at math!...logic nor statistics....oh, and throw in the truth about real history....at any period.

Oh yes the dumbing down of America is most strategic. And successful.

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Magda Hassan - 24-10-2010

Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:...Now you know why they don't want Americans to be proficient at math!...logic nor statistics....oh, and throw in the truth about real history....at any period.

Hence the Tea Party tools.

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Peter Lemkin - 24-10-2010

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:

Hence the Tea Party tools.

In one of the debates [I think in Mass. for Governor] the Tea Party Candidate advocated the USA being a Christian nation...the Democratic candidate mentioned there was separation of Church and State in the Constitution; to which the Tea Party Candidate challenged him that it was not....:driver: in the Constitution [Pssst...it is!] Nearly the least well educated nation on Earth, trying to rule it....:thumpdown: I think we're all in trouble... Idea Amazingly, many Americans are aware and even proud of the fact they don't know history and geography, science etc.....and like candidates that are just like them, and don't either - such as W or Palin et al. Its a fast race to the bottom - of what is the only question - but I think oblivion might be the correct answer. :marchmellow:

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Peter Lemkin - 14-11-2010

Evidence By Michael Richardson | The Examiner | June 24, 2010 Mondo ...

Wesley Snipes Plots MLK-Hoover Exposé
12th November 2010

By MIKE FLEMING (Excerpt) | October 20, 2010
DEADLINE NEW YORK EXCLUSIVE: Despite facing a 3-year jail stretch after a long battle with the IRS, Wesley Snipes has become the catalyst for a feature that explores FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover’s campaign to discredit Martin Luther King Jr. — and the fatal guilt carried by the Hoover henchman charged with wiretapping King’s phone and pulling dirty tricks. Snipes also tells me that he is producing and hopes to play a role in the Justin Stamm-scripted Code Name Zorro, one of several projects Snipes is percolating under his Maandi Media Productions banner. …

He has been using that energy to get a sit down with King’s son, Martin Luther King III, and Snipes said he came away with a family endorsement for a film that asks hard questions about how King was treated by Hoover’s FBI because the civil rights leader was seen as a threat. Snipes fell in love with the script and is producing with 4 Reel Entertainment’s Diana Stamm, Ed Elbert and Tony Oppedisano. “I’ve got a lot on my plate right now, and this is an important project that has my focus,” Snipes told me. “Acting is my main lane, and I’m planning to expand that, taking the success of films like Blade and marinating that into something that flourishes.” …

Code Name Zorro takes an interesting approach into the life of MLK. It’s focus is the final moments in the life of former assistant FBI director William Sullivan, who headed Code Name Zorro, Hoover’s covert program designed to subvert King’s influence over the civil rights movement by tarnishing his reputation. Sullivan was charged with wiretapping King’s phones, and orchestrating such dirty tricks as giving King’s wife audiotapes of the civil rights leader’s conversations with other women. While he was enmeshed in the assignment, Sullivan was gung-ho. After MLK’s famous “I have a dream” speech during the March on D.C., Sullivan wrote to Hoover: “We must mark [King] now, if we have not done so before, as the most dangerous Negro of the future in this nation.” He added that it “may be unrealistic to limit ourselves as we have been doing to legalistic proofs or definitely conclusive evidence that would stand up in testimony in court or before Congressional Committees.”

The script takes the position that Sullivan’s conscience about such outrageous behavior caught up to him, and that he felt conflicted about his actions because he admired King’s efforts, but never spoke up before the assassination. He then bared Hoover and the bureau’s dirty laundry to journalist friend Jack Taylor for a book Sullivan hoped would expose his boss as a hypocrite and a tyrant. Right after telling his story, Sullivan was shot and killed — it was called a “hunting accident” — shortly before testifying about the killings of King and John F. Kennedy before the House Select Committee on assassinations. A sanitized version of the book eventually appeared. Snipes will produce with 4 Reel Entertainment’s Diana Stamm, Ed Elbert and Tony Oppedisano, with Dan Meachum exec producing.

Snipes said he shared a lawyer with King’s son, and will tie the picture into the Atlanta-based King Center For Nonviolence. Snipes will help find a director and actors to create a package that will be shopped for financing. It has become a crowded market for movies about both King and Hoover. Lee Daniels has been circling Selma, a drama aout Dr. King’s civil rights march; HBO is turning Taylor Branch’s MLK book series into a 7-hour miniseries with Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Productions, and DreamWorks and Steven Spielberg have Ronald Harwood writing an MLK film being done with his estate. On the Hoover front, Clint Eastwood will direct a film that has Leonardo DiCaprio set to play Hoover. While Snipes has had his own troubles with a federal agency, that didn’t draw him to the tale of MLK’s collision with another branch of government.

“It’s not so much the persecution angle,” he told me. “I was attracted to the whistleblower dynamic. It’s a challenging situation for a man to be in, to be among the shadowy and most powerful men in the world, who exposed information to mislead the public. … .”

Full Story:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/wesley-snipes-plots-mlk-j-edgar-hoover-expose-wonders-why-other-actors-are-warming-up-for-his-signature-blade-role/

Myra, I think it likely his IRS problems connect with his taking on the FBI - he won't be the first or last.

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Charles Drago - 14-11-2010

Tony Oppedisano is the name of Frank Sinatra's last confidante. In Anthony Summers's biography of the voice, Oppedisano notes that his late pally told him things about the JFK hit that were ... well ... problematic (my word).

Of late, Tony O has been Don Rickles's road manager/companion.

Is this the same guy who's involved with the Snipes project?

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Dawn Meredith - 18-11-2010

Myra Bronstein Wrote:Interesting. I wonder if the US government's determination to jail Snipes for income tax issues is related to this.

I knew Sullivan was murdered. Just did not know why. The hunting story in New Hampshire was very suspicious.
People who deny conspiracies on the notion that it meant too many keeping a secret have no clue about just how many have died for what they might have testifed to. No wonder the PTB have continued to get away with murder after murder, no matter how big the name. Don't you ever feel we are quite outnumbered?

Dawn

Well, A Hats Off To Wesley Snipes For Taking On The Big Bad Guys!.... - Peter Lemkin - 18-11-2010

Dawn Meredith Wrote:

I knew Sullivan was murdered. Just did not know why. The hunting story in New Hampshire was very suspicious.
People who deny conspiracies on the notion that it meant too many keeping a secret have no clue about just how many have died for what they might have testifed to. No wonder the PTB have continued to get away with murder after murder, no matter how big the name. Don't you ever feel we are quite outnumbered?

Dawn

He was murdered.....somewhere [here or 'there' was a very good thread on all that!] Yes, the list of political murders must be near 25.000 - perhaps more....inside - outside the Heimat it is in the tens of millions!