Deep Politics Forum
Missing posts - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Technical Issues (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Missing posts (/thread-5120.html)

Missing posts - Magda Hassan - 24-12-2010

Unfortunately, because of the vandalism of a previous member, some of the posts from the last day were lost. If this has happened to your post please feel free to re-post it. Such vandalism will not be happening again.

Missing posts - Peter Lemkin - 24-12-2010

Magda Hassan Wrote:Unfortunately, because of the vandalism of a previous member, some of the posts from the last day were lost. If this has happened to your post please feel free to re-post it. Such vandalism will not be happening again.

I presume ALL the archived posts [with perhaps some exceptions from during the fray] will soon be restored....

Missing posts - Peter Presland - 24-12-2010

Peter Lemkin Wrote:I presume ALL the archived posts [with perhaps some exceptions from during the fray] will soon be restored....
Peter, we estimate maybe a hundred or so posts missing. They will ALL be those posted between the last backups taken and the forum being hijacked and the database dumped. There will also be a few that were posted AFTER the old forum was restored under illicit control.

Otherwise all posts should already accessible as before - all 29,700 (ish) of them

And they're here to stay !!

Missing posts - Peter Lemkin - 24-12-2010

Peter Presland Wrote:Peter, we estimate maybe a hundred or so posts missing. They will ALL be those posted between the last backups taken and the forum being hijacked and the database dumped. There will also be a few that were posted AFTER the old forum was restored under illicit control.

Otherwise all posts should already accessible as before - all 29,700 (ish) of them

And they're here to stay !!

OK, but as I have related in private, and will relate her publicly there is a 'lost website' program named Warrick that works very well. It is slow to gather all, but will eventually gather ALL that were lost. It is NOT an easy program to set up, and YOU Peter seem to be just the 'ticket' to do it correctly. The website is there. There are the main and many supplemental programs that need to be downloaded, set up carefully [and CORRECTLY], and then let to run for some weeks to months; but...in the end you will have everything ever up on the Forum.

Missing posts - Charles Drago - 24-12-2010

Peter L.,

I know how devastated -- and justifiably so -- you were when the pirate butchers of the EF destroyed your extraordinary body of work numbering in the thousands of posts.

Be of good cheer: Had you been privvy to the work that has taken place behind the scenes, and that is ongoing, since the Bronstein hacking/hijacking of DPF -- the hundreds of collective hours spent rescuing what she put in jeopardy -- you would be buoyed.

We're going to save it all; of this I have no doubt.

And on a personal note, I publicly thank you for your steadfast support during this time of crisis for DPF.

Warmest regards,

Charles

Missing posts - David Guyatt - 24-12-2010

Ditto.

You're a treasure Pete.

And I know we all very much appreciated the steadfastness and outpouring of support of God knows how many other people also. Our true friends in time of need will not be forgotten.