Deep Politics Forum
The fake oswald money order - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The fake oswald money order (/thread-5994.html)

Pages: 1 2

The fake oswald money order - Gil Jesus - 01-03-2011

http://i56.tinypic.com/20aqrl2.jpg

Mr. BELIN. I hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit No. 788, which appears to be a U.S. postal money order payable to the order of Klein's Sporting Goods.....And on the reverse side there appears to be an endorsement of a bank. I wonder if you would read that endorsement, if you would, and examine it, please.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is a stamped endorsement reading "Pay to the order of the First National Bank of Chicago," followed by our account No. 50 space 91144, and that, in turn, followed by "Klein's Sporting Goods, Inc."

Mr. BELIN. Do you know whether or not that is your company's endorsement on that money order?

Mr. WALDMAN. It's identical to our endorsement.

Mr. BELIN. And I hand you what has been marked as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 and ask you if you can state what this is.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is our endorsement stamp which reads the same as that shown on the money order in question.

Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?

Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

( 7 H 367 )

http://i53.tinypic.com/15oieq1.jpg

The only endorsement on that money order was the stamp of Klein's Sporting Goods. The money order was never paid by any financial institution.

The fake oswald money order - Albert Doyle - 01-03-2011

And I understand the serial number on the money order itself cannot be matched to any serial number sequence available at the Dallas post office Oswald allegedly purchased the money order at that day. Is that correct Mr Jesus?

The fake oswald money order - Gil Jesus - 02-03-2011

Oswald purchased 8 money orders to repay the loan the State Dept. gave him to return to the US with his family. Those purchases were made between Sept. 1, 1962 and January 25, 1963. The last 6 were purchased through the General Post Office ( GPO ) in Dallas. If the Dallas PO issued those money orders sequentially by number, ( according to the numbers issued to Oswald ) they were issuing 1200 per week.
Using that number of sales as a basis, the number of the money order sold to "A.Hidell" should have been 118,527 numbers LOWER than the one in evidence. The number of the one in evidence ( 2,202,130,462 ) should have been sold in late 1964 or early 1965.

The fake oswald money order - Jim DiEugenio - 02-03-2011

Yep, there is no evidence that particular money order was ever cashed.

The fake oswald money order - Albert Doyle - 02-03-2011

Could someone tell me when that money order surfaced? I can't seem to find it.

The fake oswald money order - Jim DiEugenio - 03-03-2011

THe story behind this is interesting.

Oswald was supposed to have bought the money order on the morning of March 12th. Yet he was at work all morning, which is proven by time cards at JCS. Now, he bought the money order at the post office. But he did not mail it from there. He walks about a mile and a half out of his way to a post office box. Drops it in there, and then allegedly walks back to work.

Why would you do that, especially if you were gone from work and it was not your lunch hour.

Now, on the 23rd, Harry Holmes tells the FBI the number of the money order, even though he did not have the stub. And he tells the FBI what the money order amount is. (How did he know?) Now the FBI says the order should be in Kansas CIty and in fact, five other Oswald money orders were located there. But this one was found in Alexandria Virginia, late on the evening of the 23rd.

Now even the Commission failed to comprehend why this search took so long. When they asked Holmes about it, he said it was because the FBI gave him the wrong amount on the money order. Yet, no one from the FBI corroborated this.

The WC never interviewed the man who said he found the money order, Robert Jackson.

The fake oswald money order - Magda Hassan - 03-03-2011

Harry Holmes role in all this is an interesting subject all on his own. He should have his own thread too.

The fake oswald money order - Albert Doyle - 03-03-2011

So by applying presumptive logic to this we could suggest the money order ended up in Virginia because it was close to CIA after they handled the rifle order. They then ran it over to a nearby post office facility in Alexandria in order to place it into the chain of evidence.

The fake oswald money order - Jim DiEugenio - 04-03-2011

Do you really think Hoover would let them get away with something like that? Big Grin

The fake oswald money order - Charles Drago - 04-03-2011

Magda Hassan Wrote:Harry Holmes role in all this is an interesting subject all on his own. He should have his own thread too.

The estimable Ian Griggs, of Dealey Plaza UK, has done exemplary work on Holmes. It likely may be found on Lancer, which published his Holmes-related material.