Deep Politics Forum
Grassy knoll=diversion - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Grassy knoll=diversion (/thread-6448.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Grassy knoll=diversion - Stan Wilbourne - 24-05-2011

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2559[/ATTACH]

Some South Knoll stills taken from the last segment of the Doug Weldon youtube presentation.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTxz4G0lyk&feature=related
[Image: pencil.png]

Grassy knoll=diversion - Keith Millea - 24-05-2011

Quote:You questioned how a shot from the right front of Kennedy's head could make an exit wound on the right rear of the head, right? Simple...after a bullet, especially a hollowpoint one, doesn't always follow a straight path. Deflection from the resistance of the skin or bone can cause a bullet to take a direction completely different from the original point of entry. Being a hunter, I've seen bullets end up in completely different places than their entry points would originally suggest.

I'll second what James has posted here.I also used to hunt,and one time,using a .308 caliber rifle,I shot a deer where the bullet hit a little high behind the front shoulder.It hit bone(spine,rib?),and then took a ninety degree angle, and traveled along the spine,which ruined the whole friggin' backstrap.I'm not a ballistics guy,but I think I read somewhere that the .308 was a preferred sniper round at some point.I also own a .243,and that round,just like the .270 are high velocity,straight trajectory rounds(fast and Straight).

Grassy knoll=diversion - Seamus Coogan - 24-05-2011

Stan Wilbourne Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2559[/ATTACH]

Some South Knoll stills taken from the last segment of the Doug Weldon youtube presentation.

Yeah its interesting. Could have bee a good potential shot if JFK was coming down the middle. I'll play safe and go with the majority on this one myself mate. But yeah its certainly a nice view.

Grassy knoll=diversion - Seamus Coogan - 24-05-2011

Okay question with regards to Macks grassy knoll shot.

Is it accurate too say

A) That a huntsman-assassin shooting into a crowded area wouldn't likely use a veritable bazooka like Yardleys nor a mount for it. Considering the time it would take too disassemble and get the di di mau out of there. I mean of course Mack was going for total authenticity wasn't he?

B) Were Yardley shooting from where Mack designates wouldnt the likelihood of him hitting Jackie be all the more problematic. Considering what you have both discussed about the ricocheting of the bullet inside the target. Not to mention what seems to be Yardleys trajectory.

C) What calibre is he using to get that effect and how realistic are those skull simulations?

Grassy knoll=diversion - Gordon Gray - 24-05-2011

Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Stan Wilbourne Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2559[/ATTACH]

Yeah its interesting. Could have bee a good potential shot if JFK was coming down the middle. I'll play safe and go with the majority on this one myself mate. But yeah its certainly a nice view.
Judging from these photos, it looks to me like a shot from this position would have to penetrate the windshield to hit JFK, and could very likely have hit Jackie first, given her position leaning forward and looking into his face at the time. Also might have struck the driver.

Grassy knoll=diversion - Zach Robertson - 24-05-2011

Thanks for the photos Stan.

Here are a couple maps of the plaza. The first is from Farewell America and the second is from The Second Plot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2562[/ATTACH]

I've always been interested in the Dal Tex building and most people might agree that that is a good spot for a shooter. I'm just not sure where a sniper team would be located or their movements, and how they would get in the building, as there was a lot of security. Larry Hancock writes about the Dal Tex in his 2010 update to SWHT. Anybody have any ideas?

Zach

Grassy knoll=diversion - Seamus Coogan - 25-05-2011

Zach Robertson Wrote:Thanks for the photos Stan.

Here are a couple maps of the plaza. The first is from Farewell America and the second is from The Second Plot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2562[/ATTACH]

I've always been interested in the Dal Tex building and most people might agree that that is a good spot for a shooter. I'm just not sure where a sniper team would be located or their movements, and how they would get in the building, as there was a lot of security. Larry Hancock writes about the Dal Tex in his 2010 update to SWHT. Anybody have any ideas?

Zach

Hey whats not to say the security were the gunmen or aiding them? Have a look in Bob Grodens the Killing of a President for potential locations there were some nice pics in Josiah Thompsons book as well if I can recall.

Grassy knoll=diversion - Keith Millea - 25-05-2011

Seamus Coogan Wrote:Okay question with regards to Macks grassy knoll shot.

Is it accurate too say

A) That a huntsman-assassin shooting into a crowded area wouldn't likely use a veritable bazooka like Yardleys nor a mount for it. Considering the time it would take too disassemble and get the di di mau out of there. I mean of course Mack was going for total authenticity wasn't he?

B) Were Yardley shooting from where Mack designates wouldnt the likelihood of him hitting Jackie be all the more problematic. Considering what you have both discussed about the ricocheting of the bullet inside the target. Not to mention what seems to be Yardleys trajectory.

C) What calibre is he using to get that effect and how realistic are those skull simulations?

Seamus,

My knowledge of the JFK hit,and also ballistics,is just to thin to give you an informed answer to your questions.I really was just backing up what James posted about the unpredictable paths that bullets can take.

Grassy knoll=diversion - Seamus Coogan - 27-05-2011

Keith Millea Wrote:
Seamus Coogan Wrote:Okay question with regards to Macks grassy knoll shot.

Is it accurate too say

Seamus,

My knowledge of the JFK hit,and also ballistics,is just to thin to give you an informed answer to your questions.I really was just backing up what James posted about the unpredictable paths that bullets can take.

I just think it was pretty funny how Yardley uses that whopping great gun with a stand to shoot that head on that stiff neck. A pro hitman in Dealey wouldnt have had that shite. I really am quite sold on the the .243 calibre with a sabot. Less recoil, it's smaller quicker disassembly and it still packs a hell of a punch.

Grassy knoll=diversion - Bernice Moore - 27-05-2011

Zach Robertson Wrote:Thanks for the great pictures Bernice. I'd love to see the gifs working properly. Here is Jack White's The Day of the Umbrella Man poster. It can be found in the John Armstrong collection at the Baylor Library online.

Zach
your welcome Zach, i have fixed them now, only one being stubborn and not moving.......b