Deep Politics Forum
Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Historical Events (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: (/thread-6642.html)

Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: - Bernice Moore - 11-06-2011

Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: At the release of the ...
CNN
Nixon knew that LBJ had collected an impressive file of CIA, NSA and FBI reports on Republican interference with his bombing halt negotiations, ...

Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: - James Lewis - 11-06-2011

You know what? Thank goodness Richard Nixon couldn't keep his mouth shut. The world would be a much less interesting place if he had. Watergate and "I am not a crook" are some of my earliest memories of watching TV. I just wonder what else is in that huge stash of tapes?

Actually, truth is, compared to these billionaire-financed Tea Party kooks out there today, I almost miss Nixon. He was a New Deal liberal compared to Rand Paul and some of these people out there today. Damn...now that I think about it...that's scary as hell.

Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: - Magda Hassan - 11-06-2011

James Lewis Wrote:Actually, truth is, compared to these billionaire-financed Tea Party kooks out there today, I almost miss Nixon. He was a New Deal liberal compared to Rand Paul and some of these people out there today. Damn...now that I think about it...that's scary as hell.
LOL! It's true too! I've been almost nostalgic for him too. The present crop is just too insane.

Magda, these people truly scare the hell out of me. I mean, just think...in Texas, we have a governor who is actively talking about secession from the Union, and you wouldn't believe how many people take him seriously. Fascism would be a better term, although you dare not mention it in mixed company.

Secret Nixon tapes expert Ken Hughes: - Dawn Meredith - 11-06-2011

James Lewis Wrote:Magda, these people truly scare the hell out of me. I mean, just think...in Texas, we have a governor who is actively talking about secession from the Union, and you wouldn't believe how many people take him seriously. Fascism would be a better term, although you dare not mention it in mixed company.

But people are also talking about Perry running for Prez. He'd sure have some backpeddling to do.
James, what part of Tx are you in? I am in the only cool part- Austin.
Dawn

Yes, I know people are talking about Toll Road Rick (my personal nick for him) for President, and I'm sure some will take that seriously. Until they figure out that the man is so damned crooked that it takes ten people to screw his pants on in the morning. And...Bush was installed/elected (cough, cough...) so who the hell knows??

What part of Texas am I from...the piney woods of East Texas...AKA the sticks. Smile

Dawn Meredith Wrote:
James Lewis Wrote:Magda, these people truly scare the hell out of me. I mean, just think...in Texas, we have a governor who is actively talking about secession from the Union, and you wouldn't believe how many people take him seriously. Fascism would be a better term, although you dare not mention it in mixed company.

But people are also talking about Perry running for Prez. He'd sure have some backpeddling to do.
James, what part of Tx are you in? I am in the only cool part- Austin.
Dawn