Deep Politics Forum
Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Site Credits (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. (/thread-7646.html)

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Ed Jewett - 11-09-2011

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software... :cheer:

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Magda Hassan - 12-09-2011

You like it? Good!:tea:

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Ed Jewett - 13-09-2011

Magda Hassan Wrote:You like it? Good!:tea:

Saves a lot of time when posting articles with graphics and embedded links... makes the posted article more valuable to the reader because it is already interactive and doesn't require the reader to go somewhere else to see the sources. I thought originally that function was lost because I had switched computers but then realized it was the likely due to historical events. Still looking for postal drop to allow member contributions.
This place generally rocks :rockandroll: and should be supported with more than cheers.

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Peter Lemkin - 13-09-2011

I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down. Otherwise, things seem to be working and the capture of links and photos is nice.

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Magda Hassan - 13-09-2011

It's not doing that for me. I'm using Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Peter Lemkin - 13-09-2011

Magda Hassan Wrote:It's not doing that for me. I'm using Chrome and Firefox.

I guess it could be the browser. I'm hooked on Opera.....as it seems to handle having many open sites open at one time....better than the others.....but everytime they update...it 'eats' all of one's open webpages :joystick:

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Keith Millea - 13-09-2011

Quote:I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down.

Same for me Peter.

Quote:Saves a lot of time when posting articles with graphics and embedded links... makes the posted article more valuable to the reader because it is already interactive and doesn't require the reader to go somewhere else to see the sources.

Ok,I'm not very computer literate.Could someone explain what Ed is talking about here?Thanks

PS:And what is that yellow auto-saved icon that occasionally pops up in the lower right corner?

Slightly Stoopid........pcguru

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Ed Jewett - 13-09-2011

When you click on "reply", the window that opens is a new format. The embedded widgets [B,I,U, font selection tools, etc.] appear to be the same and function the same but if you cut-and-paste a body of text from another site or location (as opposed to simply typing something), the new system automatically copies all characteristics of the copied text, including color, font, photos, etc., as well as the embedded links. Thus, the posting individual doesn't have to go back and click on the photo to get the photo url to paste into the graphic category, nor copy down and re-post the link's url, as it is already done.

Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software. - Keith Millea - 13-09-2011

Ed Jewett Wrote:When you click on "reply", the window that opens is a new format. The embedded widgets [B,I,U, font selection tools, etc.] appear to be the same and function the same but if you cut-and-paste a body of text from another site or location (as opposed to simply typing something), the new system automatically copies all characteristics of the copied text, including color, font, photos, etc., as well as the embedded links. Thus, the posting individual doesn't have to go back and click on the photo to get the photo url to paste into the graphic category, nor copy down and re-post the link's url, as it is already done.

OK,Thanks Ed.I'll figure things out eventually.......:cleanears:

Keith Millea Wrote:
Quote:I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down.

Same for me Peter.

What browser do you use to view/post the Forum with?!