Deep Politics Forum
Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Organizations and Cults (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement (/thread-778.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Jan Klimkowski - 28-03-2009

Terry Mauro Wrote:"A recent biographer claimed that the spook and novelist, Anthony Burgess, based A Clockwork Orange on real behaviour modification programmes carried out in secret American military experiments, that Burgess had learned of through his intelligence connections."

I was under the impression that "A Clockwork Orange" was based upon London's Tavist Institute, a behavioral and/or psy-ops center, in line with MKUltra's centers at UCLA, Harvard, and MIT.

You mean the Tavistock Institute.

Burgess' biographer claims that "A Clockwork Orange" was based on Fort Bliss experiments.

However, there certainly was a British MK-ULTRA, with part of it revolving around Dr William Sargant who had his very own "sleep room".

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Terry Mauro - 28-03-2009

Thank you for correcting me on the name, Jan.

I must be suffering from ingesting too many antihistamines of late, due to the unusual Santa Ana conditions occurring out here in SoCal, which tend to aggravate my allergies.

And, I apparently got the name confused with the brand name "Tavist" decongestant OT remedy. My bad. :o)

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Jan Klimkowski - 29-04-2009

Footsteps in the shifting sands...

Quote:Manson's supply of LSD may have come directly from the CIA. A new type of LSD known as "Orange Sunshine" was being used by the Manson Family immediately prior to the Tate-LaBianca murders according to Family member Charles "Tex" Watson, who wrote in his prison memoir that it was the use of the Orange Sunshine LSD that finally convinced him that Manson's Helter Skelter, apocalyptic vision was real. (13) And this special LSD may have been supplied by the CIA. Orange Sunshine was manufactured and distributed by a group known as "The Brotherhood of Eternal Love" who operated out of a beach resort near Los Angeles. The Brotherhood had among it's drug manufacturers and dealers, one Ronald Stark, a person with known connections to the CIA. It is believed that Stark was responsible for the manufacture of up to 50 million hits of LSD). (14)

--------------------

(13) Will You Die for Me?: The man who killed for Charles Manson tells his
own story by Tex Watson, as told to Chaplain Ray, Fleming H. Revell Company,
page 118-120.

(14) Acid Dreams, pages 248-251

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Terry Mauro - 29-04-2009

I know Owsley imported his white capsules and ampules of light blue liquid acid into San Francisco during the summer of 1966 via a chemist I met by the name of "Danny," who held a degree from Cambridge University out of the U.K.

Where did Blue Cheer, Purple Haze, and Windowpane originate from?

Interesting info regarding Orange Sunshine. Could that beach resort have been located in "Orange" County by any chance? Sorry, I just couldn't resist that. LOL

Thanks for the clarification. I had heard it was created as a way of slipping it to the troops over in SEA, in their food, or their drinking water, so they'd be able to fight more fearlessly. But, imagine the horror trips it evoked in the middle of all that carnage.

Gotta get back to work now.

Ter

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Linda Minor - 30-04-2009

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Footsteps in the shifting sands...

Quote:Manson's supply of LSD may have come directly from the CIA. A new type of LSD known as "Orange Sunshine" was being used by the Manson Family immediately prior to the Tate-LaBianca murders according to Family member Charles "Tex" Watson, who wrote in his prison memoir that it was the use of the Orange Sunshine LSD that finally convinced him that Manson's Helter Skelter, apocalyptic vision was real. (13) And this special LSD may have been supplied by the CIA. Orange Sunshine was manufactured and distributed by a group known as "The Brotherhood of Eternal Love" who operated out of a beach resort near Los Angeles. The Brotherhood had among it's drug manufacturers and dealers, one Ronald Stark, a person with known connections to the CIA. It is believed that Stark was responsible for the manufacture of up to 50 million hits of LSD). (14)

--------------------

(13) Will You Die for Me?: The man who killed for Charles Manson tells his
own story by Tex Watson, as told to Chaplain Ray, Fleming H. Revell Company,
page 118-120.

(14) Acid Dreams, pages 248-251

The one person who connects all the disparate elements was Billy Mellon Hitchcock. He moved into Sausalito, CA to work for Delafield and Delafield, a banking firm. He had owned the house in Millbrook where Timothy Leary was passing out LSD. He was also acquainted with Owsley et al and laundered their drug profits through a bank in the Caribbean. What I found interesting about Hitchcock--whose father had been a very famous polo player who played with the likes of Jock Whitney, Averell Harriman and Bobby Lehman--was that he also set up a Swiss bank as a subsidiary of a bank in Houston whose directors included George Bush's oil partners, the Liedtke brothers, who had close connections to the Mellon family's oil empire (Gulf Oil) which became Chevron:

http://www.sandersresearch.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=295

The San Francisco-based corporation called Chevron which elected Condi Rice to its board of directors can trace its roots back to several component companies—not least of which is Standard Oil of California (Socal) which became very interested in acquiring rights in the Middle East after World War I....

http://mediamayhem.blogspot.com/2004_04_11_archive.html
The Mafia, CIA and George Bush: The Untold Story of America's Greatest Financial Debacle by Pete Brewton; Spi Books, 1992
pages 137-38
The same month that MCorp was formed Bank of the Southwest gobbled up Capital National Bank in Houston in the largest bank merger in Texas History to that date. Capital National Bank had been formed in 1965 in Houston and in 1969 joined a Swiss bank, Paravicini Bank, to start a new Swiss bank called Bank for Investment and Credit Berne.
The chairman of the new bank was J.F. Paravicini, the head of Paravicini Bank, while the vice chairman became L.F. McCollum, Sr., chairman of Capital National. Other investors in the new bank included Boeing in Seattle, Seagrams in Montreal, Minute Maid in Zurich (an affiliate of Coca-Cola), the London subsidiary of Brown and Root [Harriman's investment banking firm? No, the Houston-based construction company, George and Herman Brown] headed by ] … and Schlesinger Organization of London and Johannesburg. One of the directors of Capital National Bank was George Bush's close friend and trustee of his blind trust, William Stamps Farish III, then an officer in Underwood Nehaus.
Another director of Capital National at the time the Swiss affiliate formed was J. Hugh Liedtke, who was Bush's original partner in Zapata Petroleum back in the 1950s and later chairman of Pennzoil.
Shortly after the union of Capital National Bank and Paravicini Bank, Paravicini's owner was caught helping Billy Mellon Hitchcock (the oil heir, LSD freak and associate of Seymour Lazar) hide and launder $67 million of Hitchcock's money, which included proceeds from the manufacture and sale of LSD. Paravicini was also involved in fraudulent stock transactions with Hitchcock and was eventually forced to sell Paravicini Bank. After Parvicini got into trouble with Hitchcock, Capital National Bank continued on in the Swiss bank, the Paravicini's travails were never mentioned in the Houston press. ...

page 378 [Liedtke]
One of George Bush's closest friends, with whom he started Zapata Petroleum back in the 1950s, is Hugh Liedtke, the chairman of Pennzoil. Liedtke is mentioned in this book, in connection with a Houston bank. Liedtke is also a member of the board of directors of Paramount Communications, the parent company of Simon & Shuster.
Paramount Communications is the successor company to the giant conglomerate Gulf + Western. One Gulf + Western's original founders was Houston businessman John Duncan. Duncan and his brother, Charles, the former Secretary of Energy and before that Deputy Secretary of Defense in the Carter Administration, were involved in the family's business, Duncan Coffee Company, which was merged with Coca-Cola. Charles subsequently became president of Coca-Cola, the company that later would buy 700,000 acres in Belize with none other than Walter Mischer. ....

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Helen Reyes - 31-10-2009

Magda Hassan Wrote:
Quote:Jonestown in Guyana, and subsequently something that required a spurious invasion and the targetted destruction of a "hospital" in Grenada.

You mean it wasn't to rescue the 15 US students visiting there during a civil disturbance? I had no idea that a hospital was destroyed. This is during Bush the first wasn't it?

This is all hearsay, what I'm about to paste in. In defense of it, I find sometimes one can learn quite a bit from what is left off wikipoedia. Plus the text has the ring of a bunch of veterans swapping war tales there because they have no other forum. It is pasted FWIW. I'm making phrases which seem to substantiate the mental hospital/MK-ULTRA story bold.

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada&action=edit&section=4

There were at least two SEAL teams present, with 75th airborne Ranger rgt. SEAL team 6 was there, and six guys drowned on an early strike that hit bad weather. Denis Clalker, a SEAL team six member, tells how a platoon of Rangers was sent to take and hold a Prison, also stating that they took some hits. SEAL team six was ordered to rescue and protect a Goverment figure at his residence. While protecting the Goverment figure the team was approched by a armored vechical, although it did not engage SEAL team six. Source: One Perfect OP, by Denis Chalker. -Herper89

The incident with the SEAL team & armoured vec. metioned above is slighty inaccuarate. This incident didn't take place at the Gov. Generals residence, but at a NJM radio station. The SEALs, not sure from which team but probably SEAL Team 6, which is spanish-speaking, went in to capture a small radio transmitter near the sea, indending that it could transmit pro-US material during and in the aftermath of the invasion. After capturing the radio station, the SEALs were approched by an ad-hoc unit of about 30-50 Grenadan(??) troops, moving in a military truck, a commandered civilan minibus, and unfortunaley for the SEALs, a Russian BTR-70 APC. Although the BTR-70 is about as lightly armored as an APC can be, the SEAL team lacked any kind of anti-armour equipment and had no way of destroying the BTR. The BTR opened fire with its 14.7mm(thats over 50. cal) MG, which had no trouble penetrating the brick wall of the radio station. Flumoxed, the SEALs retreated to the sea after 5 members of the unit were wounded. About 5-10 PRA soldier were killed in the engagment. The BTR was piloted by a PRA officer named Cecil, not sure if that was his first or last name but he was the CO of the PRA ad-hoc force. Have the US after-action report some where and will write it up either as its own page or as a segment of this one.195.7.34.195 12:45, 27 March 2006 (UTC) K.B.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada&action=edit&section=12

'Marxist-Lenininism' ?

While it is true Bishop's and Coard's speeches and comments at the time they do show some interest in some kind of Marxism, they are just as influenced by US Black Power and the general 70s anti-imperialist struggles.

Steve Barfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada&action=edit&section=7

Only 16 US students?

I served in a paratroop company and was on the airfield the afternoon they brought a group of the medical students down to the airstrip to send them back to the states. There was damn sure more than 16 in the group I saw. Danger or not, don't know, but they seemed very pleased to see us. I don't believe they were in any danger at the time. But one has to consider that in the face off that would have ensude had an invasion not pre-empted it, there is a good chance they would have become hostages? After Iran, I don't think the Reagan administration wanted to risk it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada&action=edit&section=8

I also was in the Invasion of Grenada on the USS Manitowoc (LST 1180.) There is no mention in this article that the Airfield that was so worrisome to Reagan at the time had no underground fuel capacity (and that Grenada had tried to fund it with Western monies to no avail and had to deal with the Eastern Block to get it done. Their stated intent was a tourist airstrip that could land current passenger aircraft of a reasonable size. If I remember correctly it was supposed to be built out at 13K feet. Further, I remember Fidel asking his construction workers to fight to the death. Of interest? We took a right turn at Bermuda almost two days before the coup. At the time we were on the way to relieve in Beirut (the Manitowoc was first in and last out of that operation. ) When we were done at Grenada and headed toward Beirut- someone mentioned that 13 percent of the injuries to our forces were friendly fire. I have no idea if this was ever verified. It was also my understanding at the time that the 40 plus hours we circled the island on arrival were “due to the Joint Chiefs all wanting to have their fingers in the pot.” Lastly, we did collect various folks in civs (long hair, sneakers, Uzi's/AK's) on arrival at the island. They were put on Helos and went elsewhere. I imagine that these are the Delta Force/Seal Team Six members mentioned above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Invasion_of_Grenada&action=edit&section=15

How could it happen that more Cubans were taken prisoner than there were at all??? 213.120.120.161 18:47, 26 February 2007 (UTC)

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Keith Millea - 31-10-2009

Quote:I know Owsley imported his white capsules and ampules of light blue liquid acid into San Francisco during the summer of 1966 via a chemist I met by the name of "Danny," who held a degree from Cambridge University out of the U.K.

Where did Blue Cheer, Purple Haze, and Windowpane originate from?

Owsley recently clarified that he never made acid in capsule form.He said he made White Lightning,Purple Haze,and Blue Cheer.Also a short run of STP,which he pulled off the street because of public warnings.I don't know what STP was,only that people in the Bay Area were freaking out because it was a 3 day trip.Windowpane came along a couple of years later.It was really good acid,but I don't know who made it.Maybe from Owsleys chemist partners up in Windsor. :dontknow:

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Jan van den Baard - 01-11-2009

hi
the brotherhood of eternal love was the object of a US senate subcommittee investigation, called: HASHISH SMUGGLING AND PASSPORT FRAUD:
"The Brotherhood of Eternal Love".
It was the SUBCOMMITTEE TO INVESTIGATE THE ADMINISTEATION OF THE INTERNAL SECURITY ACT AND OTHER INTERNAL SECURITY LAWS, back in 1973.

Jan

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Myra Bronstein - 01-11-2009

Helen Reyes Wrote:...I find sometimes one can learn quite a bit from what is left off wikipoedia...

Truer words were never spoken.

Naval Intelligence, MKUltra and the Hippie Movement - Helen Reyes - 01-11-2009

Keith Millea Wrote:I don't know what STP was,only that people in the Bay Area were freaking out because it was a 3 day trip.

STP was the street-name for MDMA I believe, or maybe MDA or a related molecule. They used the logo for STP motor oil on t-shirts as a sort in-the-know cult identification symbol. People learned it was a kind of methedrine and it came under the rubrick of "Speed Kills" in the underground press. My memory is hazy and uncertain, and all I know for sure is that I cannot deny that everyone might be walking on the moon.Cheers