Deep Politics Forum
The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . (/thread-8374.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - James H. Fetzer - 03-12-2011

[TABLE="width: 1202"]
[TR]

[TD] JFK Assassination Debate(Mark this forum as read)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #B6C7DB"]
Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #F1F4F7"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4EBF2"] [Image: t_announcement.png][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F4F7, colspan: 4"] Announcement Important - Attachments & Disk Space
Posted by Evan Burton [Image: user_popup.png][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Peter Lemkin - 03-12-2011

James H. Fetzer Wrote:[TABLE="width: 1202"]
[TR]
[TD] JFK Assassination Debate(Mark this forum as read)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F4F7, colspan: 4"] Announcement Important - Attachments & Disk Space
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

No, they have other criteria for 'tossing information', t[size=12]rust me, I know first hand![/SIZE]I was a moderator there and removed without cause, without being able to be presented with my alleged offenses, without being able to defend myself [was banned by one senior owner - maybe both]; AND all of my over 5,500 posts removed......Even those who would dare post on my behalf or come to my defense were threatened with being banned. A vote was even taken later to re-instate me, but it never happened mysteriously. Even those posts by others, including one owner of the Education Forum were removed, as they clearly showed his culpability in false accusations and slander against me. Even my IP address was banned, though they said it is not [well, its not now...but was for years....only because I changed my IP and country of origin]

Some 'Education' I got! Many of the trolls and agents provocateurs allowed on that Forum are still there holding forth. I guess my sin in the end was trying to bring attention to them; along with some unapproved conspiracies. Oh, JFK is just fine...but don't 'go' near 911 or some others.......

....ah, let me guess, that posts by one J. Simkin prior to the 'discard date' are not being removed. I'll take a peek and see.....

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - James H. Fetzer - 03-12-2011

Posted there ten minutes ago:

John,

I tried to send this as a personal message, but I have been informed that you are not receiving "personal messages". I am simply stunned:

John,

I have just discovered an announcement from Evan Burton that posts prior to 2006 are being deleted due to a lack of "disk space". That is absurd. If anything has happened with recent developments in computer science, it is that disc space has become cheaper and cheaper. I can't believe that you would allow this to happen. The contents of this forum could, at the least, have been donated to the Library of Congress or The National Archives. Is it still possible? Egad! We are talking about decades of irreplaceable research. This is tragic.

Jim

Peter Lemkin Wrote:
James H. Fetzer Wrote:[TABLE="width: 1202"]
[TR]
[TD] JFK Assassination Debate(Mark this forum as read)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

No, they have other criteria for 'tossing information', t[size=12]rust me, I know first hand![/SIZE]I was a moderator there and removed without cause, without being able to be presented with my alleged offenses, without being able to defend myself [was banned by one senior owner - maybe both]; AND all of my over 5,500 posts removed......Even those who would dare post on my behalf or come to my defense were threatened with being banned. Some 'Education' I got! Many of the trolls and agents provocateurs allowed on that Forum are still there holding forth. I guess my sin in the end was trying to bring attention to them.

And I am sick at heart to report that The Education Forum is trashing threads from earlier than 2006,
on the absurd ground that they lack disc space. This is a tragedy of the highest order and shows the
ops are in control. I cannot believe that this could happen. Disc space has become extremely cheap.
This is clearly an effort to destroy decades of research about the assassination before the 50th event.

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Magda Hassan - 03-12-2011

Yeah, it's sad they are not really into preservation of history or education for that matter. In the interests of such I am happy to offer a home here for it just like we do for Rich Dellarosa's and ISGP documents etc.

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Peter Lemkin - 03-12-2011

James H. Fetzer Wrote:And I am sick at heart to report that The Education Forum is trashing threads from earlier than 2006,
on the absurd ground that they lack disc space. This is a tragedy of the highest order and shows the
ops are in control. I cannot believe that this could happen. Disc space has become extremely cheap.
This is clearly an effort to destroy decades of research about the assassination before the 50th event.

It is an illogical and in the end likely false rathionale. Disk space IS cheap now. While they must have a big 'file' on their server, I'm sure it fits in 3 or 6 TB, which now costs what 200MB cost when they started the Forum. It must have to do with removing lots of 'trivial' speculation about various conspiracies and governmental misdeeds. They started the horrible practice of removing photos from posts over a few months old when I was still there....and on some threads the photos are ESSENTIAL. Something rotten in Denmark....or the UK....for sure.

As for J. Simkin hearing about your open letter, I'm sure he has already, Jim. They have some there who monitor this Forum. If you still have an account there, post it as a thread...but if you persist along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if they find a reason to take it down or ban you entirely. So it goes. :wirlitzer:

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Bernice Moore - 03-12-2011

All..FWIW....as posted on the EF,IN A REPLY FROM KATHY, IT IS NOT POSTS THEY ARE DELETING, BUT LONG ATTACHED PHOTOS AS SUCH, IN OLD POSTS, THAT ARE STILL UP SINCE 2006,THEY ARE BEING DELETED NOT THE POSTED RESEARCH STUDIES AS ARE....now for myself i have found if and when they come up around again to the first page, if needed i post what i have since cleaned up,no problem and not difficult, but i also imagine that some who have no longer even visit the Forum.......they have been asking for months now that members do so themselves, but i imagine, some will not even recall now that they did, and or it's too much trouble or forgetfullness to check, yes some photos etc are needed for some research, b...

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Ed Jewett - 03-12-2011

"Occupy" cyber-space. There must be free flow of and free access to information.
"[L]let Facts be submitted to a candid world", or "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation".

That any small group of people should label it as untenable, unacceptable, deficient, or mistaken is acceptable. That anyone should declare that that information is unavailable and may not be viewed is not.

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Dawn Meredith - 08-12-2011

In mid 2006 John began scanning Carl Oglesby's brilliant book, That Yankee and Cowboy War. Sadly he never finished it ....what is there has been found by Carl's son Caleb and has been posted on facebook by both Caleb and Carl's daughter Aron. If John is disappearing stuff from 06 and prior I suspect Carl's book to go as well. Recently I came across a new version, someone typing it online and though there are several typos I was very glad to see this. Only I forget where I saw it. I checked here in the book section and JFK section. Someone needs to rescue The Ed forum posts and scan the rest of the book. Carl very much wanted this book to be available for free to anyone who wished to read it.

Dawn

The Education Forum tosses research prior to 2006 on the basis of "lack of disk space" . . . - Anthony Thorne - 10-12-2011

Much of The Yankee and Cowboy War (minus, I think, the final chapter) is now up in a dedicated thread in the 'Books' section of this forum. If the final chapter ever turns up, I'll add it. Quite a book - I found the section on Jack Ruby to be especially perceptive.