Deep Politics Forum
Oswald in Minsk - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Oswald in Minsk (/thread-8480.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Oswald in Minsk - Vasilios Vazakas - 14-12-2011

The life of Oswald in the USSR is surrounded by a cloud of mystery. I'll try to raise some questions:
1. Why he was sent in Minsk Belarusia, miles away from Russia?
2. Why he was sent to work in an electronics factory and not in a milk or clothing factory?
3. Why his supervisor at the factory was one Alexander Romanovich Ziger with possible CIA connections?
4. How come and Marina Prusakova an educated woman,who had an uncle in the interior ministry security service
fell immediately in love with Oswald?
5. Why Marina, a niece of a security officer was allowed to marry an American defecor?
6. Why the Soviet authorities gave her a visa to travel to USA with an American defector
when her uncle could have stopped the visa?
I can only think that all the above mysteries were part of an elaborate spy game involving illegals and false defectors
and it is probably an indication of what Charles Drago calls Supra-national cooperation between factions of CIA and KGB.
Any suggestions?

Oswald in Minsk - Phil Dragoo - 14-12-2011

Marina was key in incriminating Lee. Wasn't this foreseen from their first arranged meeting.

As Lee came by way of Albert Schwitzer College, depicted by George Michael Evica in A Certain Arrogance as a key CIA conduit, was it akin to a bar code on the man's forehead, scannable for immediate data retrieval.

Marina later told a friend she'd met Lee after he slipped away from a trade convention--but that was Robert Webster whose Leningrad address was in her address book.

Leonid Brezhnev replaced Nikita S. Khrushchev October 1964. The two countries' military-intelligence cadre made the decision to replace their doves with hawks, giving the establishment job security: a foreign devil rather than detente.

Joan Mellen writes: So the mystery of Oswald in the Soviet Union unravels. The above trajectory offers further evidence that Oswald was a creature of the CIA, worked for the CIA, and, quite understandably, was debriefed by them upon his return.
http://www.joanmellen.com/oswald.html

WHO WAS LEE HARVEY OSWALD?
THE WECHT INSTITUTE, DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY, PITTSBURGH, PA.
OCTOBER 5, 2008
By
Joan Mellen

Wherein she confirms what I'd thought regarding Angleton being such a hard-ass with Nosenko: if Nosenko credibly debunks any Soviet use of Oswald, one is left with only the other opportunity: CIA.

Mellen's dismissal of Robert Oswald over the latter's insistence Lee was "still watching reruns of I Led Three Lives when I joined the Marines" is exactly the back and forth I had with The Church Lady. Series ran 1953-6 so reruns in 1952 impossible.

Hence Robert is a tool. I posit Marina was a witting tool, posing as an intimidated one.

A similar transnational cooperation seems to play in the subject of Robert Wilcox' Target: Patton, the KGB and OSS cooperate in taking out the loud-spoken enemy of Moscow before he can return to California to run for Senate.

Charles has cited The Package (1989) Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones in which an assassin is used to further the joint agenda of Soviet and U.S. militarists.

Mellen closes the above talk with a call for an end to coyness regarding the agency which caused the assassination. She extends its influence into the present as do I.

How else explain our continued presence in Afghanistan. Our arming the Sinaloa Cartel and allowing it to smuggle, to launder money.

The closure for the Minsk mission is in Mellen finding proof of CIA debriefing Oswald, and in his last call on earth, that to John Hurt of North Carolina recalling his ONI mission as a false defector.

Oswald was intelligence; intelligence killed Kennedy.

Intelligence runs the show to this day.

Oh, and the debriefing document: Angleton said, "You'll never find that document."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3383[/ATTACH]

Oswald in Minsk - Magda Hassan - 14-12-2011

Vasilios Vazakas Wrote:The life of Oswald in the USSR is surrounded by a cloud of mystery. I'll try to raise some questions:
1. Why he was sent in Minsk Belarusia, miles away from Russia?
2. Why he was sent to work in an electronics factory and not in a milk or clothing factory?
3. Why his supervisor at the factory was one Alexander Romanovich Ziger with possible CIA connections?
4. How come and Marina Prusakova an educated woman,who had an uncle in the interior ministry security service
fell immediately in love with Oswald?
5. Why Marina, a niece of a security officer was allowed to marry an American defecor?
6. Why the Soviet authorities gave her a visa to travel to USA with an American defector
when her uncle could have stopped the visa?
I can only think that all the above mysteries were part of an elaborate spy game involving illegals and false defectors
and it is probably an indication of what Charles Drago calls Supra-national cooperation between factions of CIA and KGB.
Any suggestions?

There are most certainly large questions that surround Marina, especially her identification of Webster and his details being in her address book. But I don't find it suspicious that she was allowed to marry or travel to the US with her husband. I think it is often misunderstood how things worked in the USSR and the Eastern Block nations and how accepting of human relationships as such they could be and about the travel restrictions too. People could travel if they were in good standing with the government, and most were, and did not owe any money for university etc. It was a requirement of all citizens that they work for a number of years or months, depending on skills and qualification etc., and do national service if male before they could leave their job and the country. Since she had already been in employment and was already a mother (mothers had paid leave for a number of years) she had likely already done her dues and could travel. Nor was she is in any high risk occupation like being a nuclear phyisist which may have had resitrictions on western travel. Since the US and west in general did not recognise the Soviet rouble as an exchangable currency it was very difficult to get the money to travel for average people anyway. Since Oswald would be assuming responsibility for her and their child this was not an issue in this case. What is most interesting to me is how the US gave her permission to enter the country with Oswald the traitorous defector.....

I don't doubt for a second that Oswald was not trusted as a genuine defector by the Soviets and I don't doubt that they may have used Marina, even unwittingly, to collect information on him where ever he was.

Perhaps he was sent to Minsk as it was smaller and therefore easier to keep an eye on him and for him to keep out of trouble. If my memory serves me Minsk had quite a good security coverage, training academies etc too especially for a city of only 500,000 or so in those days.

It may have been as simple as the position in the radio factory was the first one available or that there were persons there would could monitor him (Zigler?). I expect he would have been monitored at a textile factory or milk bottling factory too.

Maybe Marina had a thing for exotic foreigners. Some women do where ever they are. Maybe she was pushed towards him for purposes other than romance.

Oswald in Minsk - Peter Lemkin - 19-01-2012

There is a new book to be out soon. An advance reviewers copy is headed my way now. It is written by a Russian who knew Lee well in Minsk. When I get it and read, will tell what I think. It should be released in a month or three.... Title is Russian Episode, I believe. Sounds interesting and I watch the mailbox every day with baited breath.

Oswald in Minsk - Magda Hassan - 19-01-2012

I'll be looking forward to that Peter. Read

Magda Hassan Wrote:I'll be looking forward to that Peter. Read

Have been given few details...just some 'teasers' that Lee's life in Minsk bore little resemblance to the story/fairytale we were told by TPTB. The man at the time was about Lee's age, but now is a old Professor. I even get a signed copy:o Don't even know, but hope, for some new photos too!

Someone just 'whispered' in my ear that he was [makes sense] KGB...so, we will see - but take it very cautiously!:mexican:

Oswald in Minsk - Magda Hassan - 19-01-2012

Not surprising really. Half the books written in the USA about this are by those cosy with the Agency too.

Oswald in Minsk - Charles Drago - 19-01-2012

The book in question is Oswald: Russian Episode. The author is Professor Ernst P. Titovets, who was a medical student when he met LHO. According to the back cover blurbs on my signed copy, LHO described him in the "historic diary" as "my oldest existing acquaintance ... a friend of mine who speaks English very well." Both Edward Epstein and Norman Mailer have confirmed this characterization -- for whatever that's worth. The book is published by Mon Litera, located in ... wait for it ... Minsk.

I haven't read it yet, but when I do it will be with my deep politics radar on "HIGH" setting.

BTW, Robert Webster told a personal acquaintance of mine -- one of his care givers in a New England medical facility during the 1970s -- that Marina had been his wife.

Oswald in Minsk - Albert Doyle - 19-01-2012

Charles Drago Wrote:BTW, Robert Webster told a personal acquaintance of mine -- one of his care givers in a New England medical facility during the 1970s -- that Marina had been his wife.

Which if true would mean his intel handlers, whether ONI or CIA, stood him down and ordered him to shut-up on it. This one fact alone would blow the entire Warren Report out of the water.