Deep Politics Forum
Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy (/thread-9490.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Albert Doyle - 06-10-2015

Fetzer would probably walk on an insanity defense Jim lol.

However I think Mary's Mosaic wins on points if you don't try to load it up with handicaps like Fetzer.

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Albert Doyle - 06-10-2015

Tom Scully Wrote:Mr. Doyle-Yates, you're the "go to" guy, re: Mitchell, at least in your own mind. My name is printed in Janney's book, so are Mark's and Jim's names. What page of the book displays your name, (Doyle, or Yates?)

The ones that show the evidence that Mary Meyer was murdered by black op.

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Tom Scully - 06-10-2015

Albert Doyle Wrote:
Tom Scully Wrote:Mr. Doyle-Yates, you're the "go to" guy, re: Mitchell, at least in your own mind. My name is printed in Janney's book, so are Mark's and Jim's names. What page of the book displays your name, (Doyle, or Yates?)

You have me at a disadvantage. I am under the influence of the statements of those you've evidently unbound yourself from. Are you embracing what you thought you read in Janney's book, or just leaving it to your imagination?
This is snake oil and you've drank all you could get your hands on. Unfortunately, you are not the only one with such a big thirst for this, just the most unabashed, aside from Peter Janney.
The lawyer defending the Ray Crump, accused of Mary Meyer's murder, Dovery Roundtree, has provided many quotes over the years. Crump was or wasn't familiar the canal area where he was "fishing" and fell into the water? He did, or did not hear any shot?
Roundtree was, or was not able to locate and communicate with Crump's alibi witness "girlfriend"? Crump knew or did not know where his girrlfriend resided? Roundtree did or did not agree not to subpoena Crump's key alibi witness in his capital murder case?
Roundtree did not know Mary Meyer's husband was a CIA employee in 1964 or by early 1965? The "press" did or did not keep the identity of Cord Meyer's employer hidden? Do I simply pick whatever I supports my claims, as author Janney chose to do?

Quote:Woman Artist Shot To Death On Stroll In Washington ...

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat...id...Google News
WASHINGTON, OH 13 Georgetown artist Mary Pinchol Meyer was shot to death ... path of an old canal where she often had strolled with Mrs. John Kennedy. ... A native of York city and a graduate of Vassar Col lege, Mrs. Meyer was the for mer wife of Cord Meyer, OHIO, a writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency.

Artist Shot To Death In Washington . - Google News

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1798&dat...id...Google News
he was driving his tow truck along the canal when he heard a scream and saw ... wife of Cord Meyer Jr a . writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency He ...

Georgetown Artist Killed In Robbery . - Google News

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat...id...Google News
Meyer was shot to death Monday as she took a sunny afternoon walk along the path of an old canal where she often had strolled with Mrs. John Kennedy. ... lege, Mrs. Meyer was the form er wife of Cord Meyer a writer employed by the Central ...

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson ... - Page
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1604737743
Katie McCabe, ‎Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - ‎Preview - ‎More editions
She was a niece of the famed conservationist Gifford Pinchot, the daughter of a former governor of Pennsylvania, and she was ... That her ex-husband, Cord Meyer, Jr., was a top CIA official rather than the "author and lecturer" described in the ...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7478&stc=1]

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7479&stc=1]

VS. these details and observations that I posted on
Quote:09 December 2012
Quote:......
Quote:
http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/Meyer.html
By Zalin Grant

.....Dovey had her doubts after seeing him. He didn't appear to have the proclivities for such an act and didn't even look capable of dragging a woman who was nearly as big as he was anywhere.
Her doubts were reinforced when she discovered that the prosecutors had skipped the usual preliminary hearing and rushed him to the grand jury and on to trial.
"If I hadn't been interested in taking his case," she said, "that got me interested. At the preliminary hearing I would have been able to ask questions, to bring out matters that might have caused the judge stop and consider the circumstances under which he was arrested."
She was tough in questioning Crump about what he had been doing on the towpath. He told police he had been fishing and had fallen in the water. But he didn't want to tell her what he had really been doing and she had to pull it out of him.
He had missed the truck that would take him to his morning construction job, he told her finally, and he decided to stop by the home of a girlfriend to see if she was interested in doing something.

The girl had a car and they bought a six-pack of beer and a small bottle of gin and drove to the park, where they had sex. That had happened before, same girl, same place. He drank so much that he fell asleep and the girl took her car and went home and left to him to get back by trolley.
Dovey knew this might make a good alibi if she could find the girl. But she also knew it would squeeze the soul of his poor mother if this came out at trial. When Ray told her he didn't want to involve the girl she decided not to push it further. .....

.....I got a copy of the trial transcript and studied it closely. I talked to various people involved in the case, and walked the towpath where she was killed. I followed the police investigation and collected documents.
Then on November 3, 1993 I had a long interview with Dovey Roundtree at her Washington office, although I decided not to write my article at that time......

Nina Burleigh interviewed Dovey Roundtree in 1996. Screenshot:

http://img28.imagesh...329/jfk121b.jpg

And this is what Roundtree told author/journalist Nina Burleigh:

..."Roundtree was never able to find the woman!"...

Screenshot of Burleigh's book:

http://img862.images...328/jfk121c.jpg

http://educationforu...135#entry258700

Quote: Why did ms. Roundtree state in her 1993 interview that she (through her client Crump) knew about Vivian's identity, she actually talked with her by phone in her 2009 book, while in her 1996 interview with Nina Burleigh she stated that she was never able to find her?!
This must be some kind of spinning, meant to create confusion about this whole story of "Ray Crump on the towpath"... In her book Roundtree explained they had a hard time finding Vivian, for she had picked-up Crump somewhere on the corner of a street, while in the interview of 1993 she stated that Crump had picked her up at her home. This was not for the first time, Crump was obviously aware of her address...

"Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree"
By Katie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree Page 195

[Image: jfk121c.jpg]

......Peter Janney confirms in his new book "Mary's Mosaic" that indeed Dovey Roundtree was able to locate and even talk to Crump's girlfriend Vivian. Roundtree told about Vivian during her 1992 interview with Leo Damore. (Mary's Mosaic, p. 95.)

Although Peter Janney, Leo Damore, Nina Burleigh and Katie McCabe (author of Roundtree's autobiography) have been frequently in contact with each other related to their Mary Meyer research, none of them seemed to have the need to address this inconsistency regarding Vivian. That's really weird, for the interests are clearly there: Vivian's information is crucial for the analysis of Crump's whereabouts on the towpath that day.

Peter Janney simply ignores the fact that Roundtree told Burleigh that she was never able to locate Vivian.

There is a pattern of this kind of spinning around Crump's activities on the towpath, in which lawyer Dovey Roundtree is definately involved. On page 94 of "Mary's Mosaic" Peter Janney states that Roundtree told Damore in 1990 that Crump knew about the location at the edge of the Potomac where Vivian and he went to. After falling into the river, Crump tried to "find his way out of the dang place." Next comes this quote:

Quote: He wasn't familar with that area at all. And he sort of roamed around. And then he heard something like an explosion.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7481&stc=1]

That's quite a contradiction by Roundtree: was or wasn't Crump familiar with the area? According to most sources he was, for he went sometimes fishing there.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7482&stc=1]

Furthermore, Roundtree entirely avoids the issue of Crump's jacket and cap which were found in the river later on. Much more come on those items, for they are pivotal in Janney's murder scenario; why would Crump have thrown his jacket and cap in the river when he tried to get out of the area?

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson ... - Pa

Pg. 192:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7483&stc=1]

However, much more suspicious is Roundtree's claim during her 1990 interview with Leo Damore that Crump actually heard "something like an explosion." "Like the backfire of a car," said Crump, according to Roundtree.

This statement has one direct consequence for Crump's whereabouts on the towpath: he was already awake well before the shots were fired! This statement by Roundtree implies that the 2 shots [if any...] didn't wake up Crump:

Crump was already roaming around in the area to find a way out before the shots were fired...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7484&stc=1]

Once again, Peter Janney basically ignores this fact. That's suspicious to say the least, for this "roaming around in the area" by Crump turns out to be crucial within the scenario "Mitchell shot Mary", promoted by Janney himself. See the coming posts.

And now back to Dovey Roundtree, her 2009 autobiography "Justice Older Than The Law," page 192:.......

No one posting as if Roundtree is an impartial authority, rather than a retired criminal defense attorney with a vested interest in
forever defending her one time murder trial client who has a demonstrable record of contradicting her own key points, has addressed any of the above, yet Roundtree continues to be "trotted out." Maybe it is time to actually debate the contradictions above, or.....stand down? BTW, Peter Janney no longer seems to be so sure that Leo Damore met Mary Meyer's CIA assassin.

Quote:http://www.amazon.com/review/R8NNVIZE9ITM/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1626361274&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books
A Masterpiece of Biography and a Mesmerizing Detective Story, April 1, 2012
By
Douglas
..........Due to the heroic efforts of African American female attorney Dovey Roundtree, Janney explains how against all odds, Crump was acquitted.......

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Mark A. O'Blazney - 06-10-2015

Tom Scully Wrote:
Albert Doyle Wrote:

You have me at a disadvantage. I am under the influence of the statements of those you've evidently unbound yourself from. Are you embracing what you thought you read in Janney's book, or just leaving it to your imagination?
This is snake oil and you've drank all you could get your hands on. Unfortunately, you are not the only one with such a big thirst for this, just the most unabashed, aside from Peter Janney.
The lawyer defending the Ray Crump, accused of Mary Meyer's murder, Dovery Roundtree, has provided many quotes over the years. Crump was or wasn't familiar the canal area where he was "fishing" and fell into the water? He did, or did not hear any shot?
Roundtree was, or was not able to locate and communicate with Crump's alibi witness "girlfriend"? Crump knew or did not know where his girrlfriend resided? Roundtree did or did not agree not to subpoena Crump's key alibi witness in his capital murder case?
Roundtree did not know Mary Meyer's husband was a CIA employee in 1964 or by early 1965? The "press" did or did not keep the identity of Cord Meyer's employer hidden? Do I simply pick whatever I supports my claims, as author Janney chose to do?

Quote:Woman Artist Shot To Death On Stroll In Washington ...

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat...id...Google News
WASHINGTON, OH 13 Georgetown artist Mary Pinchol Meyer was shot to death ... path of an old canal where she often had strolled with Mrs. John Kennedy. ... A native of York city and a graduate of Vassar Col lege, Mrs. Meyer was the for mer wife of Cord Meyer, OHIO, a writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency.

Artist Shot To Death In Washington . - Google News

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1798&dat...id...Google News
he was driving his tow truck along the canal when he heard a scream and saw ... wife of Cord Meyer Jr a . writer employed by the Central Intelligence Agency He ...

Georgetown Artist Killed In Robbery . - Google News

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat...id...Google News
Meyer was shot to death Monday as she took a sunny afternoon walk along the path of an old canal where she often had strolled with Mrs. John Kennedy. ... lege, Mrs. Meyer was the form er wife of Cord Meyer a writer employed by the Central ...

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson ... - Page
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1604737743
Katie McCabe, ‎Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - ‎Preview - ‎More editions
She was a niece of the famed conservationist Gifford Pinchot, the daughter of a former governor of Pennsylvania, and she was ... That her ex-husband, Cord Meyer, Jr., was a top CIA official rather than the "author and lecturer" described in the ...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7478&stc=1]

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7479&stc=1]

VS. these details and observations that I posted on
Quote:09 December 2012
Quote:......
Nina Burleigh interviewed Dovey Roundtree in 1996. Screenshot:

http://img28.imagesh...329/jfk121b.jpg

And this is what Roundtree told author/journalist Nina Burleigh:

..."Roundtree was never able to find the woman!"...

Screenshot of Burleigh's book:

http://img862.images...328/jfk121c.jpg

http://educationforu...135#entry258700

Quote: Why did ms. Roundtree state in her 1993 interview that she (through her client Crump) knew about Vivian's identity, she actually talked with her by phone in her 2009 book, while in her 1996 interview with Nina Burleigh she stated that she was never able to find her?!
This must be some kind of spinning, meant to create confusion about this whole story of "Ray Crump on the towpath"... In her book Roundtree explained they had a hard time finding Vivian, for she had picked-up Crump somewhere on the corner of a street, while in the interview of 1993 she stated that Crump had picked her up at her home. This was not for the first time, Crump was obviously aware of her address...

"Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree"
By Katie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree Page 195

[Image: jfk121c.jpg]

......Peter Janney confirms in his new book "Mary's Mosaic" that indeed Dovey Roundtree was able to locate and even talk to Crump's girlfriend Vivian. Roundtree told about Vivian during her 1992 interview with Leo Damore. (Mary's Mosaic, p. 95.)

Although Peter Janney, Leo Damore, Nina Burleigh and Katie McCabe (author of Roundtree's autobiography) have been frequently in contact with each other related to their Mary Meyer research, none of them seemed to have the need to address this inconsistency regarding Vivian. That's really weird, for the interests are clearly there: Vivian's information is crucial for the analysis of Crump's whereabouts on the towpath that day.

Peter Janney simply ignores the fact that Roundtree told Burleigh that she was never able to locate Vivian.

There is a pattern of this kind of spinning around Crump's activities on the towpath, in which lawyer Dovey Roundtree is definately involved. On page 94 of "Mary's Mosaic" Peter Janney states that Roundtree told Damore in 1990 that Crump knew about the location at the edge of the Potomac where Vivian and he went to. After falling into the river, Crump tried to "find his way out of the dang place." Next comes this quote:

Quote: He wasn't familar with that area at all. And he sort of roamed around. And then he heard something like an explosion.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7481&stc=1]

That's quite a contradiction by Roundtree: was or wasn't Crump familiar with the area? According to most sources he was, for he went sometimes fishing there.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7482&stc=1]

Furthermore, Roundtree entirely avoids the issue of Crump's jacket and cap which were found in the river later on. Much more come on those items, for they are pivotal in Janney's murder scenario; why would Crump have thrown his jacket and cap in the river when he tried to get out of the area?

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson ... - Pa

Pg. 192:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7483&stc=1]

However, much more suspicious is Roundtree's claim during her 1990 interview with Leo Damore that Crump actually heard "something like an explosion." "Like the backfire of a car," said Crump, according to Roundtree.

This statement has one direct consequence for Crump's whereabouts on the towpath: he was already awake well before the shots were fired! This statement by Roundtree implies that the 2 shots [if any...] didn't wake up Crump:

Crump was already roaming around in the area to find a way out before the shots were fired...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7484&stc=1]

Once again, Peter Janney basically ignores this fact. That's suspicious to say the least, for this "roaming around in the area" by Crump turns out to be crucial within the scenario "Mitchell shot Mary", promoted by Janney himself. See the coming posts.

And now back to Dovey Roundtree, her 2009 autobiography "Justice Older Than The Law," page 192:.......

No one posting as if Roundtree is an impartial authority, rather than a retired criminal defense attorney with a vested interest in
forever defending her one time murder trial client who has a demonstrable record of contradicting her own key points, has addressed any of the above, yet Roundtree continues to be "trotted out." Maybe it is time to actually debate the contradictions above, or.....stand down? BTW, Peter Janney no longer seems to be so sure that Leo Damore met Mary Meyer's CIA assassin.

Quote:http://www.amazon.com/review/R8NNVIZE9ITM/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1626361274&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books
A Masterpiece of Biography and a Mesmerizing Detective Story, April 1, 2012
By
Douglas
..........Due to the heroic efforts of African American female attorney Dovey Roundtree, Janney explains how against all odds, Crump was acquitted.......

So now what? This is as deep as your politics go, Mr. Doyle, a tenured member at this most unusual, yet informative institution. As it should be. I thank the administrators here for allowing me to express myself. Why not let Ed Jewett back in ? Mr. Mosaica was an important piece to this puzzle. Do not discriminate if you are seeking the truth. Just my two centavos, amigos. Vaya con Dios.

Mark A. O'Blazney Wrote:You have me at a disadvantage. I am under the influence of the statements of those you've evidently unbound yourself from. Are you embracing what you thought you read in Janney's book, or just leaving it to your imagination?

If you hack as incautiously at delicate evidence as you do Tom, you will be able to chop apart real evidence of intrigue. However anyone can read the threads and see what you so unaccountably ignore only to come back with another facile data dump the meaning of which is not nearly as conclusive as you seem to contend.

Mitchell lied about his funding for his England hiatus. He was hippy-ed up for a double purpose. One was probably for infiltrating the beatnik/left movement in England and the other in order to diminish Mitchell's credibility in case the Mary Meyer case kept unraveling. You ignore flagrant Intel behavior like the hippying up of Mitchell who was an otherwise straight Pentagon spook. That makes you uncredible Tom.

I have posted many times that the established murder scene with its shooting and dragging would not allow there to be zero trace evidence of Crump's clothing or fluids on Mary Meyer. You keep ignoring it only to enter a rather clumsy attempt to discredit Roundtree and Janney at the expense of the evidence you repeatedly show you cannot answer.

I find the failure to locate Vivian no different than the failure to locate the woman by the coffee percolator in the Sirhan case. Would you once again take the FBI side, Tom, by saying the lack of locating the percolator woman in the Sirhan case refutes his claim that he was chemically induced to shoot RFK? You have never answered the question of where you draw the line on FBI statements every time I ask it.

Mitchell was gotten out of town by Intel because his false witnessing had blown up on him and made him hot.

Janney spoke to witnesses who said prime CIA members admitted Mary Meyer was one of their jobs.

Scully, Why don't you sign-up with Parker and join him in his attack on Harvey & Lee? I'm sure you're itching to.

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Don Jeffries - 06-10-2015

First of all, a caveat- Mary's Mosaic was published by Skyhorse, my publisher. That may be meaningless, seeing as how they also published Jim DiEugenio, but I wanted to mention it.

I read the book earlier this year. I thought it was well-written and overall a valuable contribution to the literature. I do think Janney significantly exaggerated Mary Meyer's influence over JFK. If they were having an affair, I'm pretty certain his primary attraction to her was physical. I doubt very seriously that they were some kind of co-warriors for peace.

When people like Mary Meyer, who ran in very prominent social circles, die unnaturally, it's usually because they were a threat to someone powerful. Throw in the involvement of James Jesus Angleton and Ben Bradlee, and the fact the victim was married to Cord Meyer, another CIA mainstay, and it becomes very hard to accept that she was murdered by a poor black man for non-political reasons.

Like Jim D., I am cognizant of the posthumous assassination of the Kennedys. I don't think this book is part of that campaign, and it does a pretty good job of detailing the crime and aftermath. I also don't trust the work of Nina Burleigh, whose biggest claim to fame is urging women to get down on their "presidential knee pads" and pay sexual homage to Bill Clinton.

Don Jeffries Wrote:I read the book earlier this year. I thought it was well-written and overall a valuable contribution to the literature. I do think Janney significantly exaggerated Mary Meyer's influence over JFK. If they were having an affair, I'm pretty certain his primary attraction to her was physical. I doubt very seriously that they were some kind of co-warriors for peace.

I'd respectfully disagree with that Don. I'd submit that Janney showed Mary Meyer's United World Federation peace pursuits not only caused her separation with Cord Meyer, directly due to his increasing CIA political pursuits, but also dovetailed nicely with JFK's peace politics as outlined by DiEugenio.

What is most important here was Mary Meyer was a contemporary sympathetic link who could directly expose the Douglass-type reasons for Kennedy's assassination as she witnessed them. Something Scully clumsily misses.

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Tom Scully - 06-10-2015

Don Jeffries Wrote:First of all, a caveat- Mary's Mosaic was published by Skyhorse, my publisher. That may be meaningless, seeing as how they also published Jim DiEugenio, but I wanted to mention it.

I read the book earlier this year. I thought it was well-written and overall a valuable contribution to the literature. I do think Janney significantly exaggerated Mary Meyer's influence over JFK. If they were having an affair, I'm pretty certain his primary attraction to her was physical. I doubt very seriously that they were some kind of co-warriors for peace.

When people like Mary Meyer, who ran in very prominent social circles, die unnaturally, it's usually because they were a threat to someone powerful. Throw in the involvement of James Jesus Angleton and Ben Bradlee, and the fact the victim was married to Cord Meyer, another CIA mainstay, and it becomes very hard to accept that she was murdered by a poor black man for non-political reasons.

Like Jim D., I am cognizant of the posthumous assassination of the Kennedys. I don't think this book is part of that campaign, and it does a pretty good job of detailing the crime and aftermath. I also don't trust the work of Nina Burleigh, whose biggest claim to fame is urging women to get down on their "presidential knee pads" and pay sexual homage to Bill Clinton.

Janney and Dovey Roundtree could not tell the same tale twice, but Janney's book is "well written" and you have a bigger problem with Nina Burleigh's credibility than you do with Janney's of Roundtree's? I am doomed, I guess, because
I actually read what it is that people write, and I have a sense of humor and appreciate people who are not taking themselves too seriously. There is also the problem that Janney and Roundtree are documented as divorced from the truth and Janney has "issues." He filed a desperate lawsuit pleading that his standing to sue was that Mary Meyer was his "surrogate mother". And he lied publicly about the status of that suit, at least twice. But Janney is a very serious person and Nina Burleigh is a proven....... you fill it in, Don.

Quote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/medianotes070698.htm
Going Weak in the Knees for Clinton

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 6, 1998; Page C01

A former White House correspondent says she was "quite willing to let myself be ravished" by President Clinton after she felt he had admired her legs on Air Force One.

Nina Burleigh, who covered the White House for Time, makes the confession in a Mirabella magazine essay on Clinton's attractiveness to women. It is a candid discussion of her feelings while playing hearts with the president and aide Bruce Lindsey in the plane's front cabin last year.

"The president's foot lightly, and presumably accidentally, brushed mine once under the table," Burleigh writes. "His hand touched my wrist while he was dealing the cards. When I got up and shook his hand at the end of the game, his eyes wandered over to my bike-wrecked, naked legs. And slowly it dawned on me as I walked away: He found me attractive."

She adds: "I probably wore the mesmerized look I have seen again and again in women after they have met him. The same silly hypnotized gleam was displayed on the cover of Time magazine in Monica Lewinsky's eyes."

In an interview, Burleigh, now a New York freelancer, said she in no way felt harassed or pressured by the president but that it was "not unusual for women" to swoon over him. What is unusual, for a journalist, is Burleigh's sexually charged declaration of support for Clinton. "I'd be happy to give him [oral sex] just to thank him for keeping abortion legal," she said.

But Burleigh says she was not "going easy on him" as a White House correspondent in 1993 and 1994, when she sometimes wrote about the Whitewater scandal, and never thought about his looks at the time. By last year she was a Time contract writer, filling in on the trip to Jasper, Ark.

"No doubt the president's lawyers and spin doctors would say I wishfully imagined that long, appreciative look," she writes. "But we all know when we're being ogled. . . . I felt incandescent. It was riveting to know that the president had appreciated my legs, scarred as they were. If he had asked me to continue the game of hearts back in his room at the Jasper Holiday Inn, I would have been happy to go there and see what happened."

http://www.ninaburleigh.com/journalism/king-of-hearts.html
07/01/98
King of Hearts - Mirabella

I have thought about my mothlike encounter with Clinton in the months since Monica Lewinsky became world famous. Distracting a powerful man from his business is one of the highest forms of flattery available to women. Vanity makes us weak. To feed it makes us feel strong. To be so distracting that a great man's career is on the line, even if you are despised afterward, is a tremendous show of power, when - still - too few women can acquire power any other way. The last lines of Yeats's poem suggest a kind of reward for the woman who submits. "Being so caught up, / So mastered by the brute blood of the air, / Did she put on his knowledge with his power / Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?"

I still cling to the faith that there are women of good order who are immune to this stuff. They were sensible clothes and keep their legs well covered. I trust that Janet Reno, Donna Shalala, and Madeleine Albright are not rendered willing and pliant around Bill Clinton. They don't need to put on his knowledge with his power when they have their own. For the rest of us, a powerful man's admiring gaze is an intimation of all that is inaccessible, and that is the ultimate seduction.

November 22, 2013, author Peter Janney describes his lawsuit as active and ongoing, contrary to the court record indicating his own attorney filed a motion four days earlier to dismiss their own lawsuit, "with prejudice".:
https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7489&stc=1]

Tom Scully Wrote:.............
Peter Janney on 22 November, 2013 told his Santa Barbara audience (podcast link) (at 1:47.38, Janney: ."and that case is still in adjudication...") of his "important" wrongful death lawsuit he had filed against Crump witness William L. Mitchell. Janney indicated to his audience that this lawsuit was active and its outcome would yield new information. it is troubling that Janney's attorney William Pepper had filed a motion in DC court on 18 November, four days before, to dismiss this same lawsuit WITH PREJUDICE. The image off thie court filings can be viewed: https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf

Don,

Janney was formerly a practicing psychologist, a PhD. He publishes and publicly states big lies, and small lies. Troubling...... He expended the effort to republish his book Mary's Mosaic, with a sequel chapter intended as a rebuttal
to my research related to the background and whereabouts of the "CIA assassin" author Janney claimed was missing since his 1965 Crump murder trial testimony. Janney used the sequel opportunity to publish a lie with the intent to
take credit for my research!:

Tom Scully Wrote:..............
Janney could have conceded in August, 2012, when I first presented this.:
Quote: Harvard alumni directory
books.google.comHarvard Alumni Directory (Office), Harvard Alumni Association, Harvard University
MltcheU, WUliam Lockwood, 1500 Arlington Blvd. , Apt. 1022, Arlington, Va. 22209. g62-63

Quote:Peter Janney, November 21, 2012 podcast : at 5:00, "...So I did what Scully did and I did turn up some of these citations....." at 9:35, "....Harvard has no record of his attendance, and we went through this twice with them....."

Ten months later, in Peter Janney's revised, paperback edition of Mary's Mosaic, I read this false claim:

Quote:
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1629143162

Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎Preview - ‎More editions
Discussing hiscritical post of Mary's Mosaic inan emailtoa University ofGeorgia law professor, Scully identified himself as ... I discoveredthat William Mitchell's middle name was "Lockwood," therebygivingus another needed pieceofthe puzzle ...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7491&stc=1]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7492&stc=1]

INSTEAD, the ethics deprived Janney has claimed in his paperback book edition that HE discovered that Mitchell earned an MS at Harvard and has the middle name, Lockwood. If you've listened to the
21 November, 2012 podcast time marks I linked to, you can observe that Janney himself could not verify Mitchell's Harvard attendance, one of several details he learned of through me, along with
Mitchell's middle name, which I had disclosed in early August, 2012.

In addtion to the "problems" I describe at the bottom of this post, in my "sig," there is also this to ponder over.:

Quote:https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/burleigh-private.html
CHAPTER ONE A Very Private WomanThe Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer
MURDER IN GEORGETOWN.....................
Mary Draper Janney, a dark-eyed historian who taught at a private suburban Washington day school, had roomed with Mary at Vassar. She retained her 1940s style into the 1960s, even though she was married and the mother of three children, and her students thought of her as a capital-city version of Lauren Bacall, with her rumpled, mannish suits, whiskey voice, and habit of lighting up cigarettes in class. She was married to CIA man Wistar Janney. Mary Janney sat in a pew near another Vassar classmate, the bouncy blond Scottie Fitzgerald Lanahan--F. Scott Fitzgerald's daughter--and her husband, Washington attorney Jack Lanahan......

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2018/New%20York%20NY%20Sun/New%20York%20NY%20Sun%201943/New%20York%20NY%20Sun%201943%20-%201157.pdf
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7334&stc=1]

In Gatsby's Shadow: The Story of Charles Macomb Flandrau

https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1587295156
Larry Haeg - 2004 - ‎Biography & Autobiography
Cornelius Van Ness, co-owner with Tom Boyd of St. Paul's Kil marnock ... home on three acres in New Canaan, Connecticut, where Van Ness spent the rest of ...

How do you suppose Mr. Cogswell of Scarsdale, living less than a mile from the home of Fitzgerald's book agent, Harold Ober, knew of the Van Nesses? Could it have been through his Phillips Exeter schoolmate, Richard Ober, son of Harold? The family Fitzgerald's daughter, Scottie, resided with while she attended school in Scarsdale?

There is also this, and there is a link to F. Scott Firzgerald, although more improbable than the Cogswell "thing".

Quote:C_I_A_operatorAugust 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Your statement that the Russian people are a great people, particularly for having defeated the Nazis and other fascists....
This is an insane statement, and particularly for anyone who served in national security in the cold war.
Almost every government figure I knew except for the Jews Walt Rostow and his assassin buddy David Strier, believed that Nazisim and fascism [which are two different things] were much preferable to Stalinism......

Be inventive, be original, trust no one, not even the son of the personnel manager of the CIA who took the minutes of the meeting of Ray Rocca fretting over the fate of Clay Shaw.......

My primamry criticism is that there are so many more important matters of history that Janney could have chosen to write about; he is the nephew of General Dynamic's Frank Pace, a man who ceded control of that MIC conglomerate
to Henry Crown and Patrick Hoy, and according to an FBI document, indirectly to Tony Accardo and Gus Alex.

Above I presented an ego driven, petty lie published by someone with the training to know better than to attempt it, but there is also the matter of this Janney claim, contradictedd by the DC court record image posted above.:

Quote:September 5, 2014 http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/09/05/the-murder-of-mary-pinchot-meyer/
The Murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer
On this edition of Real Politik James is joined by Peter Janney, author of Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace.

Quote:.....In January 2014 Janney deposed William Mitchell as part of a wrongful death civil lawsuit to procure information on Mitchell's potential responsibility for Meyer's murder.....

How do you "depose" a party two months after a court record displays that your own lawyer dismissed your lawsuit against that party, "with prejudice"?
Maybe Drew has an explanation, but it is a unique case and owing to statute of limitations, (a decades old death restricts standing in court to immediate family) likely could not be moved to another venue, such as former defendant Mitchell's home state of California. You described the book as "well written," Don, but what if it is what it appears to be, symptoms of underlying disorder?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7490&stc=1]

And what do you make of Dovery Roundtree's four versions, dating back to at least 1990, of her success, or lack of it, in locating Crump's alleged alibi witness, "Vivian". One version has Roundtree's investigator locating this alibi and Roundtree negotiating with her by telephone. This was a capital crime trial. If true, would not attempting to compell the testimony of said vitally important witness, amount to malpractice?

I run from steaming piles, I don't endorse them.:
Quote:Disclaimer : I was led to these discrepancies by a poster on another forum and I found all of the following examples, verified them and I am posting them to eliminate the diversion used several times on another thread by members who wanted to marginalize them based on criticism intended to avoid the actual information presented as follows, addressing reliabiltiy and consistancy of statements made by Ray Crump, Jr. and his defense attorney, Dovey Roundtree.:
A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential ...

books.google.com Nina Burleigh - 2009 - 380 pages - Google eBook - Preview
Confirmed by Dovey Roundtree to the author. 33. Dovey Roundtree says that toward the end of his trial, Crump told her he had been on the towpath with a prostitute, drinking. Roundtree was never able to find the woman.

http://www.pythiapre...ales/Meyer.html
MARY MEYER: A HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS DEATH
By Zalin Grant

....I got a copy of the trial transcript and studied it closely. I talked to various people involved in the case, and walked the towpath where she was killed. I followed the police investigation and collected documents.
Then on November 3, 1993 I had a long interview with Dovey Roundtree at her Washington office, although I decided not to write my article at that time.....

....She was tough in questioning Crump about what he had been doing on the towpath. He told police he had been fishing and had fallen in the water. But he didn't want to tell her what he had really been doing and she had to pull it out of him.
He had missed the truck that would take him to his morning construction job, he told her finally, and he decided to stop by the home of a girlfriend to see if she was interested in doing something.

The girl had a car and they bought a six-pack of beer and a small bottle of gin and drove to the park, where they had sex. That had happened before, same girl, same place. He drank so much that he fell asleep and the girl took her car and went home and left to him to get back by trolley.
Dovey knew this might make a good alibi if she could find the girl. But she also knew it would squeeze the soul of his poor mother if this came out at trial. When Ray told her he didn't want to involve the girl she decided not to push it further.

(Tom Scully asks: Wouldn't it amount to malpractice for a defense attorney not to make the court aware of, and to seek a subpoena for the compelled (if the witness is uncooperative) testimony of an alibi witness identified by the defendant in a criminal trial in which a finding of guilt could result in the death penalty?)

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree - Page 195 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=160473132X
Katie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - Biography & Autobiography

....Her first name was Vivian, and she'd been with him on the day of the murder, he
told me when I began pressing him about the crazy fishing story he'd told police....
...I pretty nearly turned the city of Washington inside out, looking for that woman
or rather, my assistant, Purcell Moore, did.
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ...

books.google.com Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview Trying to conceal his affair with Vivian, he had put himself in jeopardy with police. For Roundtree, the immediate priority was to find Vivian, his only alibi. She did so with the assistance of her private investigator, Purcell Moore. But Vivian made

books.google.com Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview

Ray Crump, Jr. had been picked up by his girlfriend, Vivian,
in her car "very early that morning," shortly after eight. Crump was playing hooky from work. That morning, Crump and Vivian didn't have enough money for a motel room. Crump had likely been spotted by the CIA team early that morning, as he and Vivian began walking out from the Georgetown entry point of the towpath to some predetermined area he was familiar with from earlier fishing trips to the area. It was still probably two to three hours before the murder would take place.....

.....The next thing he knew he was trying to get himself together and he slipped and fell into the water.
That scared him. He almost drowned. He didn't know how to swim. He was really trying to find his way out of the dang place. He wasn't familiar with that area at all. And he sort of roamed around. And then he heard something like an explosion.

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree - Page 192

books.google.comKatie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - 259 pages - Preview
....Had he heard gunshots? Had he heard screams? Had he seen or heard any sound at all that told him something was wrong? He answered each of those questions in the negative, growing more frightened all the time.
A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential ... - Page 234 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=0307574172
Nina Burleigh - 2009 - Biography & Autobiography - 380 pages
At his arraignment Crump told the fishing story again and added that he had
heard shots. "I don't know what happened myself. l almost got shot myself."9

books.google.com
Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview
... of his right to counsel and to a preliminary hearing, but he declined to schedule the hearing. "I don't know why I'm here," Crump blurted out. "I was down there fishing and lost my rod. I almost got shot myself."42 Crump was held without bail

Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - Jim DiEugenio - 07-10-2015

Tom is to be congratulated for all the original and primary research he has done on this, which no one else has come close to duplicating. Its really in the best tradition of document research.

I think the problem is the same one CTKA had with John Hankey. There is a certain alternative media that needs guests like Hankey and Janney to survive. Therefore, they are given a loud speaker. And people who have not done any work on the particular cases and who are attracted to the mystery and intrigue spun around them, are susceptible to it.

I understand this, because as I have admitted, I fell for the whole Meyer thing myself at first. I even mentioned it at a talk I did in San Francisco in 1993. My only excuse is that I had not really analyzed the whole thing and looked at the source material enough. I began to see who Tim Leary really was in the book Acid Dreams. I then looked up all of his books I could find (over 25 of them) and stacked them at a library table in front of me to find where he ever mentioned his 1964 encounter with MM between that date and when he first wrote about her 20 years later. When I saw that he had over 20 opportunities to do so, and he had not, I then said: Hmm. I wonder how much of the rest of this story is baloney.

The idea that MM was a muse to JFK is so ludicrous as to be ridiculous. And to try and make that credible, what did Janney do? He used all the anti Kennedy authors he could find, including Horowitz and Collier, to make JFK into a shallow, rightwing Cold Warrior. We know that this is a pile of BS today. Kennedy made his anti Vulture speech in 1954. He made his great Algeria speech in 1957. He was on the record as anti JF Dulles several times in the fifties. I repeat : THE FIFTIES. What on earth would b need someone like MM for in that regard. He had Gullion in the White House. Since he had moved him there already.

And to say that somehow MM was in on this because of Cord Meyer's work with the World Federalists, I mean, please. There is simply no evidence for that in any source anyone can find. Even Janney. Go ahead and look at Meyer's book. He actually makes the opposite argument, that he spent too much time on it. And that put a strain on the marriage. When they divorced, MM studied art, not foreign policy. And she had several boyfriends, none of whom was interested in that field. Again, Janney ignored all of this to fashion his fairy tale.

Now Tom proves that this whole Vivian character is more likely than not a creation of Crump. I mean how many different stories does someone have to tell to prove they are lying? In addition to the lies about fishing without a pole, there are now three stories about how he and Vivian got together. And Roudntree talked to her, but then did not ever find her. At times she is a girlfriend, at times she is s call girl.

Give me a break.

Also, what kind of case is it if your own lawyer moves to dismiss with prejudice? I am sure Dawn can tell you what that means if you don't know. It means that you cannot bring the case back. Why would you do that to yourself if you believed in it? And then how could you depose someone if the case was dismissed already? I mean we do understand the rudiments of the legal system, do we not?

Th lawsuit is beginning to look like a publicity stunt for his book by Janney. But only after Tom found the guy that Janney and his "investigator" could not find. Janney's investigator is about as proficient as the one for the late Harry Livingstone. And please don't get me started on that whole "safe house" address that Albarelli fell for. And Damore's interview with the "killer" who could not have been Mitchell.

Pure moonshine. Only Fetzer could make this a "litmus test" for the JFK research community. Just as he did Hankey and Baker and Nelson.

They all deserve each other.