Deep Politics Forum
"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: JFK Assassination (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: "The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK (/thread-9709.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Charles Drago - 08-08-2012

Jim Fetzer, using the full weight of both his academic qualifications and his former standing as a leading JFK assassination scholar, is making the following claim via his highly self-touted "Oswald Innocence Project" --

The determination of Lee Harvey Oswald's role -- patsy or lone gunman -- in the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy rests solely on the identification of the so-called Doorway Man in the Altgens 6 photograph.

The mortal danger posed by this action to our efforts to determine truth and effect justice in the wake of JFK's assassination could not be more clear.

Accordingly, I must now make a public appeal to the scientists, physicians, historians, criminologists, and researchers of diverse interests and disciplines who contributed to Fetzer's Murder in Dealey Plaza, Assassination Science, and The Great Zapruder Film Hoaxto come forward and serve truth and justice at the expense -- the terrible expense -- of friendship.

I ask that they review Jim Fetzer's intellectual and emotional declines as they are clearly delineated on this forum -- in particular, his pseudo-scientific, pathological defenses of the indefensible theses of Phillip Nelson (LBJ was the "mastermind," or prime mover/governing force, of the JFK assassination) and Ralph Cinque (the so-called Doorway Man was, beyond all reasonable doubt, LHO) -- and think deeply about the likely immense, negative impacts of Fetzer's activities on our shared JFK-related efforts during the coming eighteen months.

I ask that they then come forward and publicly repudiate Fetzer's work in the above-referenced areas.

Finally, I ask that, if they truly care about their friend's mental and physical well-being, they take steps to provide counsel and comfort to Jim Fetzer -- once a great, noble, courageous warrior for truth, but now a very disturbed man and a grave, even mortal threat to the very causes he formerly championed.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Magda Hassan - 08-08-2012

I can hardly begin to count all the wrongs with Jim's Project. What is this monomania about the stupid photo? If the Altgens' photo never even existed there would still be hundreds of other examples which point to Oswald's innocence. As a piece of the puzzle of that day in Dallas Altgen's photo has value as do many other pieces. It tells us many things. It tells part of the story. But it is central to nothing and certainly has nothing to do with Oswald 'innocence' or guilt. Jim's promotion of this silliness and placing himself central to it just makes him look ridiculous and also is incredibly disrespectful to the great work of many serious researchers over the decades. I am just gobsmacked. :jawdrop:

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Peter Lemkin - 08-08-2012

If Oswald was in the TSBD dooway/steps or in the Domino Room eating; or drinking a Coke; or being passed on the stairs - or any place other than the sixth floor with a gun and shooting it [which he was not and did not] he'd still be innocent by MULTIPLE facts and physics. This is folly and will go nowhere.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Greg Burnham - 08-08-2012

Peter Lemkin Wrote:[...snip] This is folly and will go nowhere.

If only that were true, Peter. Although I sympathize with your sentiment, I wholly disagree with that statement. Unfortunately, Fetzer has created [what appears to me to be] a guaranteed ticket
to the media circus for himself and the entity that is Cinque. Because of Fetzer's willingness to humiliate himself in public those in the media with extreme right wing leanings, such as, Bill O'Reilly,
Sean Hannity, Ollie North and even those who claim to lean left, like Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow will welcome the opportunity to further Fetzer's self defeating agenda. He is an easy target
and I fear as the 50th approaches they will all exploit the fact that publicly flogging him will capture ratings.

He is serving the dark side's agenda because of the size of his ego and his blindness to his own limitations. My concern is the potential for collateral damage to us all and to the fight we have waged
for JFK these many years.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Keith Millea - 08-08-2012

Quote:If only that were true, Peter. Although I sympathize with your sentiment, I wholly disagree with that statement. Unfortunately, Fetzer has created [what appears to me to be] a guaranteed ticket
to the media circus for himself and the entity that is Cinque. Because of Fetzer's willingness to humiliate himself in public those in the media with extreme right wing leanings, such as, Bill O'Reilly,
Sean Hannity, Ollie North and even those who claim to lean left, like Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow will welcome the opportunity to further Fetzer's self defeating agenda. He is an easy target
and I fear as the 50th approaches they will all exploit the fact that publicly flogging him will capture ratings.

YES...

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Dawn Meredith - 08-08-2012

Greg Burnham Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:[...snip] This is folly and will go nowhere.

If only that were true, Peter. Although I sympathize with your sentiment, I wholly disagree with that statement. Unfortunately, Fetzer has created [what appears to me to be] a guaranteed ticket

He is serving the dark side's agenda because of the size of his ego and his blindness to his own limitations. My concern is the potential for collateral damage to us all and to the fight we have waged
for JFK these many years.

I agree fully with what Charles and Greg have posted here. Some people know when to quietly retire lest they actually harm the very cause they had worked for. This has proven time and again not to be the case with Dr. Fetzer. The evidence of conspiracy in this case is overwhelming and for the doc to rest his case on a photo of Lovelady who does look somewhat like LHO is beyond illogical; it is dangerous.
We who have invested most of our lives for the cause of truth in this case, and related matters, must distance ourselves from this folly.

Dawn

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Seamus Coogan - 08-08-2012

Straw men burn exceptionally well.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - LR Trotter - 09-08-2012

I too would like to add my agreement with Mr Drago, as well as the replies by Mr Burnham and Ms Meredith.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Peter Lemkin - 09-08-2012

When I said it 'won't go anywhere', I was referring to in the research community - where I think only newbees and very naive would give it much credence as a key feature or underpinning of anything. The exact place Oswald was when others in several places were shooting the President is interesting, but not of primary or even secondary importance in the case. It seems to me the coverup has purposely confused this point, as many others - but it is easy to demonstrate that Oswald was NOT a shooter and NOT on the 6th floor at the time of the shooting. I share everyone's concern if it is used to build a straw man argument fed to the public for the 50th. If used to discredit decades of good, methodical and logical work on the case, then it will be dangerous. Jim, if you are reading this, please come back to 'Earth' and sanity on this case! You've done good work in the past on Deep Political things and assassinations, et al. Lately, one has to wonder what is up?!

I plead guilty to sounding as if I was minimizing it. I was not.

"The Oswald Innocence Project" = the Greatest Threat to Truth and Justice for JFK - Charles Drago - 09-08-2012

David,

Elsewhere I've read that you are in Minnesota as of 8-9-12 and that, while there, you will be in Jim Fetzer's company.

Would you please consider the argument I make in this thread? If you find yourself in agreement with me, would you then appeal to Jim Fetzer to reconsider his recent actions relating to his defenses of the aforementioned Messrs. Nelson and Cinque?

In shared cause and friendship,

Charles