Deep Politics Forum
America's Mexican Border Wars - Printable Version

+- Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora)
+-- Forum: Deep Politics Forum (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Drugs (https://deeppoliticsforum.com/fora/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: America's Mexican Border Wars (/thread-989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

America's Mexican Border Wars - Jan Klimkowski - 07-01-2010

Fwiw indeed, Tosh.

For the very spooky Kroll, the "CIA of Wall Street", and the interests They represent, see here:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2003

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 12-01-2010

Petition of Julian LeBaron
To the Mexican People

My petition is directed to those who have come to feel that our vote in popular elections brings only further tragedy and disillusionment. It is for those who feel that we live in a nation of sheep and wolves; not one of free men and women; but in a nation where we feel we can no longer ask, much less demand, the right to keep what we have produced by our own hands, talent or minds. I call upon those who cultivate the land, those who care for animals, those who work in commerce, mines, and construction; those who labor in our industries; and those who care for our children; and to all who live honestly, but have almost stopped dreaming, because they feel defeated by a system that does not make good our efforts.

I petition all to recognize that a system that does not respect the life, property, and conscience of the individual, is a system of criminals. How many are numbered in their ranks is irrelevant. Only a barbarian, slave, or fool will accept control of his person, his property or his mind at another man’s bidding. A system where society is ruled by men, and not by law, is a society of buzzards and cannibals who feed on desolation. Brute force in not a substitute for justice. No true man can be forced to believe that another man’s will is omnipotent.

I am petitioning those who have suffered the devastation and horrendous abuses of murder, kidnapping and extortion. I speak to those who have been victims of men who force the involuntary sacrifice of our good, so they can live further entrenched in their evil. These men are cowards who destroy the lives of those who know how to live, for the benefit of parasites who do not.

I petition all who abhor the enactment and enforcement of laws which forbid self-defense and resistance against crime and violence. There are those who seek to protect criminals who wantonly destroy the rights of the innocent, and descend to a condition less than human, themselves.

In Chihuahua and throughout Mexico innumerable cases of criminal offense have been inflicted upon innocent men, women and children, leaving in their wake sorrow, suffering, and desolation.

In the small mountain town of Gomez Farias, my uncle Raul Rascon presided as president of the county commission. In August 2008 he reported to state authorities serious infractions of the law in his community. Days later he was kidnapped from his home, and we have never seen him again.

In my own county of Galeana an upright man, Miguel Angel Mota, who had been a friend of our family for many years, was serving as chief of public security. After he was offered a bribe from the criminal element here, but rejected it, he was kidnapped from his home by a group of armed men who wore federal police AFI uniforms. The next morning he was found on the side of the highway a kilometer from Colonia LeBaron, almost decapitated by seventeen bullets in the head. No recognition was given by state officials, and the case was virtually ignored.

My wife lost her younger brother, Alfredo Apodaca, when a leader of a depraved band who was protected by authorities in the municipality of Ascencion, Chihuahua, wanted his girlfriend. His truck was found burned almost beyond recognition in a nearby field. Both perpetrators of the crime and local officials mocked petitions of the family. The investigation was a total farce; we have never seen Alfredo again.

I, Julian LeBaron, have had the hateful experience of being chased at high speed by outlaws who wore ski masks and were heavily armed. When my vehicle ramped a bridge at seventy miles an hour, I stalled in the middle of the town of Ignacio Zaragoza. In a residential area and in view of many persons, I was severely beaten with their machine guns. In the presence of my wife and children, they threatened to kidnap me, terrorizing my family. Their motive; a perverted humorous caprice.

On the second of May, 2009, my sixteen-year-old brother Eric LeBaron was kidnapped from our father’s ranch in the mountains by parasites who demanded a million dollars so that they would not return him in pieces. Our community was consulted, and we all refused to pay the ransom. We got him back!

On the seventh of July, 2009, I suffered as I would never have imagined, the kidnapping and execution of my older brother Benjamin LeBaron, who was my best friend in the world, and the head of a civil peace-activist organization, the SOS Chihuahua. Another dear friend Luis Widmar, seeing twenty heavily-armed men next door, immediately went to my brother’s assistance. Having never offended anyone, these two men left ten orphans and two heartbroken and inconsolable widows, all because they had resisted the idea of impunity for criminals.

On the seventh of January it will be six months since that horrible crime. We received promises of justice from many branches of government, both state and federal; but to date, not one person has been prosecuted or sentenced.

Throughout our nation countless people have lost their lives and their security in a similar manner, while politics of confusion, and expressions of magic words appear to have more sway than what happens; pretending that nothing exists outside of a refusal to identify it.

I want to engrave upon the conscience of all honorable Mexicans, that our country does not belong to the violent, or to those who wield their way by force and intimidation. Shall we continue to accept the illusion? Or will we raise a standard to which honest and upright citizens aspire—a standard of truth and justice?

My desire is to act and represent (as I wish we all would) a gathering point for those who hunger and thirst for integrity and justice. I seek places where honorable men and women can live with dignity and self-respect. I look for these goals, not in our towns or cities, but in the hearts of more than one hundred million Mexicans. It is time that we awaken the lion!

Let each man accept his individual responsibility, and demand his sacred right to life, property and freedom of conscience. It is not so much for love of our neighbor, but for love of ourselves. Liberty and justice will come only when we demand them, and create a collective conscientiousness that will restore our national honor, so we may live in a sanctuary inside our bodies, minds and homes. The future of civilization lies not in force; but in morality

This year 2010 marks the anniversary of our independence in 1810, as well as that of our revolution in 1910. Let us invite the spirit of our liberators Hidalgo and Juarez into our legislative assemblies. Let us make laws which prescribe a just punishment for crime, that our people can dwell in safety and security. Let us evoke the influence of Morelos and Zapata in our tribunals, that our judges will know how to give just sentence to criminals; so that the innocent will be protected.

Severe as it is, the cost of injustice toward the individual is insignificant, when compared to the cost it extracts upon a whole society. Confidence in just law, and in honorable legislation is the prime motivator in the advancement of culture, society, and especially of the individual.

In answer to a statement by the chief executive of my country, “I have the will; but I need men.” I would like to say: “I love my country, Sir. Here in Chihuahua, you have a man you can count on!”

Julian LeBaron
Colonia LeBaron, Chihuahua
January 6, 2010

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 19-01-2010

ICE, Justice Department playing with cards up the sleeve in high-stakes deportation case

Concern over U.S. government’s latest jailhouse deal prompts House of Death informant to contact Narco News
Over the weekend, Narco News received a call from an inmate at the Buffalo Federal Detention Center, located in Batavia in upstate New York.
The caller was Guillermo Ramirez Peyro, who is familiar to anyone who has been following the House of Death case over the past five-plus years.
“I have no contact with anyone,” Ramirez Peyro told Narco News. “I’m isolated, with no TV, not even a newspaper anymore … in the Special Housing Unit. I can come out of the cell only to use the shower and, at times, the phone.”
A note of duress could be heard in his voice, as he informed Narco News that the Justice Department-controlled Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) was expected to make a decision in his case soon. Ramirez Peyro also said U.S. government attorneys are arguing that his case should, once again, be returned to an immigration judge for yet another fact-finding assessment of the potential danger he faces, or lack of it, if deported to Mexico.
And although Ramirez Peyro, a former government informant, has over the past five years twice secured favorable rulings from an immigration judge, he fears the U.S. government, specifically Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), has a slight-of-hand in store for him this time around that is designed to assure his third spin of the wheel of justice will not be so successful.
The Stakes
Ramirez Peyro has been locked away in a jail cell since shortly after ICE initiated the deportation proceedings against him in 2005. He faces no charges other than the accusation that he is in the country illegally. But for some five years prior to 2005, Ramirez Peyro worked as an ICE informant, traveling freely under ICE authority in the U.S.
However, in 2003 and early 2004, he got caught up in the darkest side of the drug war as part of an ICE assignment to infiltrate a cell of the Vicente Carrillo Fuentes (VCF) narco-trafficking organization in Juaerz, Mexico. As part of that effort, Ramirez Peyro wound up overseeing multiple murders at a house in Juarez — a house where authorities later dug up the decomposed bodies of 12 homicide victims.
Ramirez Peyro (along Mexican police) participated directly in at least three of those murders while working for ICE — and with ICE officials being made aware of their informant’s participation, according to public records as well as Ramirez Peyro’s own statements. However, high-level officials at ICE and the Justice Department approved the continued use of the informant Ramirez Peyro.
As a result, Ramirez Peyro has become a bit of a thorn in the side of the brass at ICE, as well as the Department of Justice — since the House of Death murders took place under the watch of former U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton in Texas and his minion assistant U.S. attorneys, some of whom still work for DOJ.
The murders played out during the course of an ICE-led investigation into a VCF cell that was headed by now-jailed Heriberto Santillan Tabares — who cut a plea deal with Sutton’s office that resulted in murder charges against him disappearing.
If Ramirez Peyro were to be granted relief from deportation, and allowed to remain in the United States, he could become a particularly troubling future witness — in the event a grand jury is ever empanelled to hear evidence against U.S. government officials who might be deemed complicit in the cover-up of their roles in the murders (and near assassination of a DEA agent) at the House of Death in Juarez.
So, it seems, deporting Ramirez Peyro to Mexico would spare the U.S. government that great international embarrassment as well as assure no one currently at ICE or the Justice Department (or any past employees now working lucrative private-sector jobs or enjoying healthy government pensions) would find themselves in the crosshairs of an obstruction-of-justice, or even a murder, investigation.
Tortuous Course
Ramirez Peyro, a former Mexican police officer, has twice now appeared before an immigration judge in Minnesota who found that he should be granted deferral from deportation under the U.N. Convention Against Torture (CAT). The judge granted the relief because of the credible facts showing that, if returned to Mexico, Ramirez Peyro will be murdered by the drug traffickers he betrayed — likely at the hands of Mexican law enforcers who work for, and are part of, Mexico’s narco-trafficking matrix.
However, the U.S. government appealed the judge’s rulings to the Justice Department-controlled BIA, which has twice now ruled against Ramirez Peyro. In addition, the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals has already ruled twice, in the wake of the negative BIA rulings, to remand Ramirez Peyro’s case back to the BIA for further proceedings, with specific instructions.
The U.S. Court of Appeals latest opinion, issued in early August of last year, instructed the BIA to review its findings with respect to the legal construct of “under color of law” — which the BIA contorted to justify its most recent ruling against Ramirez Peyro.
Essentially, the government lawyers arguing ICE’s case contend that even if Mexican law enforcers do torture and murder Ramirez Peyro, such a slaying would be carried out as part of their own enterprise and would not be officially sanctioned by the Mexican government, and hence not carried out “under the color of law.”
From the Eight Circuit’s August 2009, opinion:
… The Government argues that the BIA correctly applied the under-the-color-of law standard … when determining that [Mexican] law enforcement officers’ harm of Ramirez Peyro would not be in their official capacities.
… As a result of employing too narrow a definition of “under color of law,” the BIA disregarded these IJ findings and improperly made its own determinations regarding the nexus between the officers’ official duties and the harm that they would likely inflict upon Ramirez Peyro.
“Given this error,” the appeals court ruled, “we remand the case to the BIA to allow the agency to properly apply the IJ’s [immigration judge’s] factual findings to the correct under-color-of-law standard….”
As a result, the BIA is supposed to re-access its ruling under the color-of-law standard in light of the already established case facts, which quite clearly indicate Ramirez Peyro will be murdered if deported to Mexico.
More from the appeals court opinion:
In sum, based on this standard, there are two ways Ramirez Peyro could prevail on his CAT claim. First, he could show that public officials, acting in their official capacities, will more likely than not actually inflict or instigate the harm.
Alternatively, he could show that public officials, again acting in their official capacities, will more likely than not have awareness of the torturous actions of private individuals (or of public officials acting in their personal capacities) and breach their responsibility to intervene to prevent those actions, whether because they accept the practices or are willfully blind to their commission. [Emphasis added.]
That’s pretty specific and seems to leave little wiggle room for the BIA to rule against Ramirez Peyro, again, based on a color-of-law argument, or so it would seem.
End Around
So, what is ICE to do, to assure Ramirez Peyro is not freed from prison, from an isolation cell, where he has been held now since 2005, initially in Minnesota and now in New York?
Well, its important to note what happened to Ramirez Peyro after the Eighth Circuit issued its August 2009 opinion for a clue to the answer to that question.
Within weeks of that ruling, which went against the government, ICE agents without warning transferred their former informant, Ramirez Peyro, from a county jail in Elk River, Minn. (where he had been housed in solitary confinement since the fall of 2006) and relocated him to the Buffalo Federal Detention Center.
While in Minnesota, Ramirez Peyro was subject to the jurisdiction of an immigration judge in that state who has clearly shown a fierce streak of independence by twice issuing rulings that prevented the U.S. government from deporting Ramirez Peyro.
But now that he is in New York, Ramirez Peyro claims, based on his lawyer’s counsel, that if Justice Department attorneys succeed in, yet again, returning his case to an immigration judge, this time it will be a new judge, one in New York, and likely one ICE deems predisposed to rule its way in the case — which, he says, explains his sudden transfer to the New York detention center.
Ramirez Peyro says his attorney will argue against a third remand to an immigration judge, pointing out that the Eighth Circuit’s instructions to the BIA were narrowly confined to the re-assessment of the color-of-law standard — which should not require that the case be sent back down to an immigration judge.
“The Board of Immigration Appeals set the deadline to present arguments to them for Jan. 22,” Ramirez Peyro told Narco News via telephone. “ICE is arguing that it [the case] needs to go back to the immigration judge a third time, saying there’s not enough evidence showing I will be killed in Mexico. I do not believe that ICE is not aware of what is going on in Mexico now [more than 7,700 drug-war-related murders last year alone].
“When they moved me to New York [in September 2009], they changed the venue. Now they [ICE and the DOJ attorneys] are trying to get me in front of a judge here [in New York]. I just hope the BIA does the right thing [and sticks to the instructions handed down by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals].”
Could ICE and DOJ actually get away with that kind of end-around (shopping for a new judge) after failing to get their way to date, despite years of winding Ramirez Peyro’s case on in the immigration courts?
If that’s the game plan of the DOJ lawyers handling Ramirez Peyro’s case, t hey aren’t talking.
… “Unfortunately, there is nothing else we can provide at this moment in regard to the [Ramirez] Peyro matter in that it's ongoing,” Charles Miller, spokesman for Justice, told Narco News previously.
But Ramirez Peyro’s attorney, Jodi Goodwin, doesn’t rule out the possibility that Ramirez Peyro could now find his case under the purview of a new immigration judge, and possibly even a new panel of appeals court judges — the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in New York.
With respect to the immigration judge, I think you are correct to say that it will now go to a judge in New York. … Typically the circuit [court of appeals] with jurisdiction is the one where the immigration judge sits.
So that has been the Eighth [Circuit in Minnesota] thus far. Only if the case is remanded to the IJ [immigration judge in New York] … do I think the circuit venue would change. If the BIA just issues a new decision without sending the case back to the IJ again, I think we will remain in the Eighth [Circuit].
For Ramirez Peyro, whose life is hanging in the balance, that is a roll of the dice that clearly has him on edge enough to cause him to reach out from prison, to a reporter at Narco News, to get the word out, in the event the dice don’t land his way and he winds up getting issued a one-way ticket to his own funeral in Mexico, courtesy of the U.S. government.

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 31-01-2010

Tosh...Its getting worse than this time last year..... no progress being made on " human rights" down here//// so bad, so sad... watch your six bro....... your friend Col (Buck) Murdeck

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: xxx
Subject: 14 shot and killed at Juarez party overnight

xxxxxx ....we are still efforting details, lots of versions out there ,trying to get official press rls.
but this is what we do know....xxxxx

14 shot and killed at Juarez party overnight
incident occurred at 130am (SUN) at birthday party inside a private home located in south Juarez , (latest trend : young people now organize parties at private homes instead of going out because of the violence)
Birthday party was for an 18 yr old male.
a couple of guys showed up at the party , asked to be let in, they were denied entry. A couple of hrs later the suspects came back in 2 SUV's full of armed men, group entered and began shooting victims one by one,
10 persons died at the scene, 4 at nearby hospital, many more were injured
most of the victims were young in their late teens ,one victim was the father of one of the attendees who tried to intervene.
Currently (1030am) scores of families are outside the residence searching for information on their loved ones, the location is blocked off by MEX army soldiers. FED police and soldiers are also at Social Security hospital #66 where survivors were taken
---------------------------------------------------------------------------from Diario de Juarez--------------

Un saldo preliminar de 13 muertos y 8 heridos fue el resultado de un ataque armado ocasionado por un grupo de individuos armados que llegaron en siete vehículos al fraccionamiento Villas de Salvárcar.

La mayoría de las víctimas son menores de edad, estudiantes de los planteles CBtis 128 y del Bachilleres 9.

El ataque sucedió en los primeros minutos de este domingo en el cruce de las calles Vista del Portal y Portal de Salvárcar, del sector mencionado, donde se llevaba a cabo una fiesta.

En el lugar fallecieron dos personas totalmente ajenas a los hechos que llegaron en una motocicleta a comprar un refresco a un puesto de dulces ubicado a un lado de la casa donde currió la masacre.

Los lesionados fueron llevados en vehículos particulares a la clínica 66 del Seguro Social que se ubica a unos minutos del lugar del ataque. De los heridos, 11 en total, dos murieron en el interior del hospital y otro en el exterior, este último estaba semidesnudo pues salió de la casa cuando escuchó los primeros disparos.

Entre las víctimas también se encuentra una adolescente que, según informaron, fue testigo de un homicidio múltiple ocurrido en el fraccionamiento El Campanario en días pasados.

Cabe mencionar que los vecinos del sector casi linchan a los soldados y policías que llegaron al lugar de los hechos, ya que, aseguran, solo sirven para estorbar y pisar las evidencias en la escena del crimen.

Los informantes manifestaron que los agresores llegaron a bordo de siete vehículos, mismos que utilizaron para bloquear la calle, otros hicieron guardia y unos más realizaron el ataque.

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 01-02-2010

Tosh, as you know homicides are back, more than 30 in Juarez this weekend alone: Hope to see you soon... watch you six 'old' friend. Mason

Mon, February 1, 2010 9:19:26 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
View Contact
To: xxxxxxx......
Tosh Plumlee <xxxxxxxx>; more to follow from Security memo 0575A MXA-DPF

"... CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) - Armed men stormed a party in this
violent Mexican border city, killing 13 high school and college
students in what witnesses said was an attack prompted by false information.About two dozen teens and young adults were hospitalized after the late Saturday assault in Ciudad Juarez, a drug cartel-plagued city which is one of the deadliest in the world.

Grieving witnesses and family members told The Associated Press on Sunday they thought the victims, mostly residents of the housing complex where the attack occurred, had no ties to drug traffickers,
"It must have been a huge mistake," said Martha Lujan, who lives at the housing complex. The young adults had gathered to watch a boxing match, Lujan said, when two trucks pulled up loaded with armed men who opened
fire. Ten people were killed at the scene and other three died at local hospitals, Chihuahua State Attorney Patricia Gonzales said.

The bodies of the victims, whose ages ranged from 15 to 20, lay scattered around the house where the attack happened. A witness to the attacks said he was just outside when the gunfire broke out. Hector, who only gave his first name because he feared retaliation, said the party was an innocuous gathering of friends who must have been targeted incorrectly.

"I think there was some confusion," he said. "We're seeking justice."

Ciudad Juarez, a city of 1.3 million people just across the
border from El Paso, Texas, is home to several drug cartel bosses who are battling for turf as thousands of troops and federal police try to stop them. More than 2,250 people were killed there last year alone.

Violence also rocked the oceanside Mexican community of Lazaro Cardenas overnight. Police in the southwestern city said that just after midnight Saturday, about 20 heavily armed gunmen riding in trucks with tinted windows attacked a police station with grenades and assault rifles, killing a police officer and two civilians - a
mother and her son who had come to pay a fine.
Also early Sunday morning, three women and two men, all identified as Mexican citizens, were murdered while driving in their van with California license plates near the western Mexican city of Navolato. The bodies of the five victims, including a 16-year-old girl, were found riddled with bullets, said Martin Gastelum, attorney general for the state of Sinaloa, where Navolato is located...". (END)

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 03-02-2010

anuary 2010: The Most Violent Month

The first month of the new year ended with 904 drug-related murders in Mexico, which makes January 2010 the deadliest month since Mexican President Felipe Calderon took office in December 2006. The last week of the month was characterized by an abnormally high number of beheadings, 12, which took place throughout the country. The second and third most violent days during Calderon's term in office also occurred in January 2010, with 52 drug-related deaths on the first day of the month and 46 drug-related deaths on Jan. 29.

Chihuahua has been the most violent state in Mexico for more than two years, and in January 2010 it accounted for more than one-third of all the drug-related deaths during the month with 327, including the deaths of 16 individuals (many of them teenagers) at a high school house party in Ciudad Juarez that was a case of mistaken identity and location. The violence in Juarez stems from the ongoing conflict between the Sinaloa and Juarez cartels over control of the Juarez Valley trafficking route into the United States. The federal government shifted strategies Jan. 13 when it deployed the federal police as the primary force against the cartels in the urban areas of northern Chihuahua state. While the effects of this change will not likely be felt in the short term, authorities hope the federal police, with their higher level of investigative skill, will eventually be able to root out the causes of the violence in that part of Mexico.

Throughout 2009, Sinaloa state reportedly did not have more than 100 drug-related deaths in any given month, but that changed in January 2010, with 169 drug-related murders in the state. Previously, the deadliest month in Sinaloa was July 2008, with 139 deaths as a result of the conflict between the newly separated BLO and Sinaloa cartels, which began battling each other for control of marijuana fields and trafficking routes in the state.

The violence taking place there now can be largely attributed to local gangs backed by BLO and Sinaloa, which are still battling each other for control of domestic drug markets, mostly in the Culiacan-Navolato metropolitan area. Additionally, Sinaloa is home to several rival Mexican drug-trafficking leaders, such as Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera, Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, Hector Beltran Leyva and the Arellano Felix family. This is, in part, why Sinaloa has been traditionally one of the most violent states in Mexico; many cartel leaders lay claim to at least some portion of the state, regardless of their organizations' primary areas of operation.
With violence continuing to soar, Calderon and Public Security Secretary Genaro Garcia Luna have come under increasing political pressure to reduce the violence to a politically acceptable level. Despite the mounting pressure, however, Calderon and Garcia Luna have yet to deviate from their overall plan, though STRATFOR sources in the Mexican government indicate that the change in strategy in Juarez is a test for a possible shift in strategy nationwide. Still, the accelerating levels of violence in Mexico show no signs of slowing in the foreseeable future.

(click here to view interactive map)

Jan. 25
A firefight erupted between gunmen and soldiers on the border of Nuevo Leon and Coahuila states, leaving four gunmen and two soldiers dead.
Four days after the disappearance of Veracruz city official Nayeli Reyes Santos, his body was found dismembered in Veracruz, Veracruz state. Los Zetas were implicated in the murder.
Members of the Mexican military seized 80 centimeters of detonation cord, seven satchels of explosives, 160 kilograms of marijuana and several rounds of ammunition.

Jan. 26
Federal police detained four suspected hit men associated with Sinaloa cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera. The four were detained in a safe house not far from the Ojinaga-Bahia de Kino highway near Gran Molino, Chihuahua state.
Mexican soldiers surrounded the University Hospital in Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon state, after the target of a suspected Los Zetas assassination attempt was transported there.

Jan. 27
The head of a decapitated body was discovered by authorities in Quiroga, Michoacan state, near the town's main square. Authorities located the decapitated body sitting upright at a nearby bus station.
Members of the Mexican military raided two suspected safe houses in Cuernavaca, Morelos state, and arrested 10 suspected members of a kidnapping gang.
Soldiers located and destroyed a synthetic drug laboratory near the Michoacan-Jalisco state border and arrested six suspects.

Jan. 28
Two female officers of the Uruapan police department were abducted by unknown assailants.
The Quiroga police chief and two officers were executed in front of a local high school in Quiroga, Michoacan state.
The quartered remains of an unknown individual were discovered in two black plastic bags near Morelia, Michoacan state.
Local authorities discovered four bodies at various locations around Mazatlan, Sinaloa state. The victims had been shot several times.

Jan. 29
Authorities found six human heads near the city of Apatzingan, Michoacan state. The decapitated bodies were found later in the day on the other side of the city with the letter "Z" carved into their chests.
The body of a commander of the Teloloapan municipal police department who had been kidnapped a day earlier was found mutilated, showing signs of torture and several gunshot wounds.
Federal police engaged in a firefight with gunmen near Maravatio, Michoacan state, near the border with Mexico state. Six federal police agents were injured in the confrontation.
A Sinaloa state police commander was assassinated in his car near the El Rosario neighborhood in Mazatlan, Sinaloa state.

Jan. 30
The bodies of seven individuals were found in different parts of Guerrero state with their hands tied behind their backs and showing signs of torture.
Jorge Ochoa Martinez, the editor of El Oportuno and Despertar de la Costa Chica, was assassinated near Chilpancingo, Guerrero state.
The decapitated bodies of two individuals were discovered by members of the Mexican military in Juarez, Chihuahua state. Their heads were discovered nearby wrapped in notes left by the attackers.
Elements of the Mexico state investigative police arrested seven suspected members of La Familia Michoacana in the cities of Tejupilco and Luvianos, Mexico state.

Jan. 31
An unknown number of gunmen broke into a high school house during a party in Juarez, Chihuahua state, opened fire and killed 16 people while wounding 14. Reportedly, the gunmen attacked the wrong party.
The bodies of two blindfolded individuals were discovered outside of Acapulco, Guerrero state, along with two notes left on top of the bodies.
A group of armed men attacked and killed five individuals near the El Limoncito neighborhood in Navolato, Sinaloa state.

Copyright 2010 Stratfor.

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 03-02-2010

This is the latest info from Chihuahua state police on the massacre at a birthday party in Juarez where 28 people where shot, 16 have died so far. Lots of inconsistencies in the release. (translated from Spanish)

the original powerpoint never mentions AK-47 rounds found at the scene yet the following release claims the men were armed with AK 47's and AR-15's, now if you are a cartel gunman and have an AK you know you are going to fire at least a few rounds,
yet the forensics report mentions .223 , 40mm, and 9 mm shell casings found at the scene but NO 7.62 casings, hmm

Juarez mayor Reyes Ferriz vehemently denied any of the victims were involved in the drug trade yet they now claim 3 people killed at the scene were gang members and somehow involved in drug trade.

again lots of inconsistencies: TF

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 10-02-2010

U.S. officials consider limiting plans for a 'virtual fence' on Mexican border

PHOENIX -- An ambitious $6.7 billion government project to secure nearly the entire U.S.-Mexican border with a "virtual fence" of cameras, ground sensors and radar is in jeopardy after a string of technical glitches and delays.
Having spent $672 million so far with little to show for it, Washington has ordered a reassessment of the whole idea. The outlook became gloomier this month when President Obama proposed cutting $189 million from the venture.
Ultimately, the project could be scaled back dramatically, with the government installing virtual fences along a few segments of the nation's 2,000-mile southern boundary but dropping plans for further expansion, officials said.
"The worst that happens is that we have a system which gives us some value but we conclude that it's not worth buying any more of it," said Mark Borkowski, the government's director of the project at U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The first permanent segment of virtual fence -- a 23-mile stretch near Sasabe, Ariz. -- was supposed to be turned over to the Border Patrol by the main contractor, Boeing Co., for testing in January, but the handover has been delayed by problems involving the video recording equipment.
The Bush administration launched the project in 2005 to help secure the border against illegal immigrants, drug smugglers and other intruders. It was conceived as another layer of protection, in addition to thousands of Border Patrol agents and 650 miles of real fences.
The system was supposed to let a small number of dispatchers watch the border on a computer monitor, zoom in with cameras to see people crossing, and decide whether to send Border Patrol agents to the scene. Although there are sensors, cameras and radar at many points along the border, they are not connected to cover large expanses.
Originally, the virtual fence was supposed to be completed by 2011; that date has slipped to 2014, largely because of technical problems.
Among other things, the radar system had trouble distinguishing between vegetation and people when it was windy. Also, the satellite communication system took too long to relay information in the field to a command center. By the time an operator moved a camera to take a closer look at a spot, whatever had raised suspicion was gone.
The Homeland Security Department and Boeing said the early problems were fixed, but glitches keep popping up.
The government is trying to negotiate a deal with Boeing to let the Border Patrol begin using the first permanent stretch of virtual fence at night while the contractor is still working on it. Otherwise, the agency might have to wait until late summer or early fall to take control of the section.
In ordering a reassessment of the project on Jan. 8, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said that the delays were unacceptable and that the government needs to consider more efficient and economical options. She did not elaborate. "Americans need border security now -- not 10 years down the road," Napolitano said.

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 25-02-2010

If your really interested in injustice, then you should become familiar with this case. I worked with Celle in Central America and in the Iran-contra. There is no doubt in my mind and that of others that Celle was setup to cover the sins of two administrations and the CIA Mexico drug for guns affair..., of which very few Americans really know the truth of those secret operations. I post it here for anyone that is interested and in hopes of aiding Celle in his personal fight to obtain Justice from a very corrupt system.., and too, to obtain his freedom. I'll put my life on the line for my friends and collegues.., thats all us Ops boys have left in the political corruption of these days. Tosh Plumlee

Task Force Seven OMC/235 CIA COG AMSOG American Mexico Specialized Operations Group/ CIA-MI

Celerino "Cele" Castillo, 3rd
2709 North 28 1/2 Street
McAllen, TX. 78501
956-345-5770
powderburns.org

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, celerino castillo <powderburns@prodigy.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: THE STORY
To: "Danny Romero" <dromero90@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 9:27 AM

SELECTIVE PROSECUTION
&
MY
DEATH SENTENCE

“You’ve never lived till you’ve almost died. For those who fight for it, Life has a flavor, the protected will never know.”

Jim Lamotte & Ricardo Davis
Green Berets in Vietnam

July 04, 2009

As I have stood in the cross hairs of those who target Second Amendment freedoms, I had realized that firearms’ trafficking was not the only target my government had initiated against me.

After years as an “expert witness” for the defense, I still believed in our judicial process in obtaining “checks & balances”, because the function of justice is to serve truth. However, at the end of the day, it became inevitable that it was business as usual in how our government continues to tear the fabric of our constitution. The main purpose of the Constitution is supposed to be to protect the citizens from our government.

People have continued to ask as to why I did not contest my case in a trial jury. First, I found that I did not have the funds to take my case to trial. Therefore, I had to settle with hiring my attorney Roberto Eddie DE LA GARZA on April 14, 2008, for a plea out agreement for approximately $5,000.00. Second, my 84-year-old mother strongly advised me to take a plea because she did not want to pass while her only son was incarcerated.

On January 30, 2009, my appeal attorney filed an Amended Motion for Release Pending Appeal citing Sixth Amendment right to effective representation.

In January of 2009, the Honorable Judge Royal Furgeson ordered a hearing on the motion for February 19, 2009.

On February 18, 2009, Assistant United States Attorney, State Bar 24062266, Mark ROOMBERG filed a Government’s Response to Defendant’s Amended Motion for Release Pending Sentence.

On February 19, 2009, the Honorable Judge Royal Furgeson did not ruled on my motion to release pending appeal; until he had heard a brief from my attorney for a later date. However Judge Furgeson did extend my self-surrender date to July 20, 2009, giving me the opportunity in assisting my attorney on the case. Reason given was that my former attorney, DE LA GARZA, had hijacked my file from October of 2008 to February of 2009.

On October 22, 2008, on my attorney’s advised, I plead out to two counts Superseding Information:

· Count One: Conspiracy to Traffic in firearms without a Firearms License;
· Count Two: Trafficking in Firearms without a License.

I was sentence to 37 months incarceration. The Honorable Judge Royal Furgeson had at first order my self-surrender for March 5, 2008.

On June 18, 2009, Public Defender, Judy Fulmer Madewell, my appeal attorney, filed a Brief Appeal to the Honorable Judge Royal Ferguson in reference to my appeal on Ineffective Council “conflict of interest” and the district court’s erred in applying a four-level increase to the offense level.

On June 30, 2009, the judge, Order Setting Status Conference for July 10, 2009, ten days before my self-surrender date of July 20, 2009.

History of the Case

On March 6, 2008, I was illegally arrested in San Antonio, Texas by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, & Explosives Special Agent Allen DARILEK and ICE Special Agent Marcus SEXTON. Their Criminal Complaint was filed on March 05, 2008 and signed by United States Magistrate Judge, John W. Primomo. The said complaint was authored by agent DARILEK.

As I read the complaint, I could not believe the absurd and outlandish allegations that he had sworn.

· COUNT ONE: (PERJURY): The act or an instance of a person deliberately making false or misleading statements while under oath. AGENT DARILEK swore to this criminal complaint.

First and foremost, DARILEK alleged that I had conspired with a convicted felon, Dominick Colombrito, in purchasing weapons at a gun show. I attempted to convince DARILEK that Mr. Colombrito was not a convicted felon because he sold weapons with a Federal license. I question DARILEK if Mr. Colombrito had been taken into custody; Agent DARILEK assured me that he had been arrested. DARILEK, in a pretext, displayed a mug shot of Mr. Colombrito. On April 03, 2008, I received a telephone call from Mr. Colombrito assuring me that he was not a convicted felon and that he has never been arrested by a federal agency. In my opinion, agent DARILEK manufactured this evidence because this was the only way he could arrest me because I was not a prohibited person, nor the individual who had sold me the weapons. Agent DARILEK knowingly and intentionally violated my constitutional rights. The question is did the Assistant United State Attorney Mark ROOMBERG approved the complaint before it was sworn to. According to the Domestic Operations Guidelines: “The United States Attorney shall be consulted…shall be furnished progress reports of the investigation at regular intervals to ASSURE APPROPRIATE PARTICIPATION BY PROSECUTING OFFICIALS.

· COUNT TWO: PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT is a procedural defense; via which, a defendant may argue that they should not be held criminally liable for actions which may have broken the law, because the prosecution acted in an “inappropriate” or “unfair” manner. Such arguments may involve allegations that the prosecution withheld evidence or knowingly permitted false testimony.

ROOMBERG failed to report to the court and the defense, that agent DARILEK had manufacture evidence in his complaint. The law is very clear. If a federal employee receives information that another federal employee committed a crime and fails to report it, he himself has just committee a crime.

DE LA GARZA also failed to bring this information to the court.

· COUNT THREE: CIVIL RIGHT VIOLATION (Fourth Amendment) prohibiting unreasonable searches and seizures.

In the “end justifies the means,” BATFE agent Daniel CASEY (McAllen Field Office) conducted one of the most grievous atrocities an agent can commit. On March 06, 2008, he illegally search my residence by coercion threatened the owner that if she did not give permission to search the house, he was going to call the police, news media, and wait for my grandkids to get home so they could witness the search. This allegation was made in front of the other agents, which included ATF agent Robert FLORES

· COUNT FOUR: SELECTIVE PROSECUTION is a procedural defense in which a defendant argues that they should not be held criminally liable for breaking the law, as the criminal justice system discriminated against them by choosing to prosecute. In a claim of selective prosecution, a defendant essentially argues that it is irrelevant whether they are guilty of violating a law, but that the fact of being prosecuted is based upon forbidden reasons. Such a claim might, for example, entail an argument that persons of different age, race, religion, or gender, were engaged in the same illegal actions for which the defendant is being tried and were not prosecuted, and that the defendant is only being prosecuted because of a bias. In the U.S., this defense is based upon the 14th Amendment, which requires that “nor shall any state deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

For several months the informant in this case Jay LEMIRE was not arrested in my case until I threaten to expose it to the judge. The government in an attempt to avoid this violation was forced to arrest LEMIRE. Injustice is evident when as you are made aware that LEMIRE received five years probations for the same violations I had been charged with.

· COUNT FIVE: PERJURY

Another allegation on DARILEK’S complaint was that I had sold weapons outside the United States.

This allegation was without merit or any evidence whatsoever. U.S. Magistrate John W. Primomo did not buy into it and dismissed the charge. Yet, Judge FERGUSON took the allegation to weight against me into the federal guideline on my sentencing.

Brief for the Defense/-Appellant In the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit U.S. v. Celerino Castillo, III

Page 7: No. 08-51144

The Government admitted that it had no “proof that he was selling to prohibited person.” “We suspect and we can’t prove that, yes, these guns were going south of the border.”

On April 29, 2008, I met DE LA GARZA at the Embassy Suites in McAllen, Texas. DE LA GARZA was in town for a meeting with head of the U.S. Attorney Office in McAllen (Leonard). I question DE LA GARZA what his business was with the U.S. Attorney. Finally, DE LA GARZA confessed that his son, Andrew DE LA GARZA, Criminal No. M-07-141-2 had been arrested on February 2007 in South Texas by BATFE. He had been arrested for straw purchases and other serious gun violations by the BATFE. I warned DE LA GARZA that he needed to address the court to see if there was a conflict of interest on his behalf. It was later reveal that there were allegations that two BATFE agents Robert FLORES and Daniel CASEY had been involved in both of our cases. See BATFE
EF 3120.2 REPORT OF INVESTIGATION prepared by SA Robert FLORES dated 03-06-08: on the consent search of my parent’s resident. Also see BATFE EF 3120.2 REPORT OF INVESTIGATION prepared by SA Daniel P. CASEY dated 03-06-08 on the consent to search of my residents. He assured me that there was no conflict. This should have been my first red flag on what I suspected that DE LA GARZA was up to. I also requested him to file a motion on Outrageous Government Conduct in regards to the Criminal Complaint. Our lunch was cut short; because he had the appointment at 1:30PM with the U.S. Attorney Office. DE LA GARZA admitted that both he and Leonard had gone to law school together. He also stated that he had paid Jack Wolf $50,000.00 to make sure that his got off the criminal charge. As of this month DE LA GARZA’S son is now down to one count of the 5 (five) counts he had original be charged with.

· COUNT SIX: PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT

I requested from my attorney a copy of the Grand Jury transcripts of the Criminal Indictment of what agent DERILEK AND AUSA MARK ROOMBERG had testified to. I suspect the Government had failed to turn over the Grand Jury transcripts on Discovery for obvious reasons. DE LA GARZA assured me that there were no grand jury transcripts. That should have been my second “red flag” for me, but I trusted DE LA GARZA because our families went way back in History. As you will learn later, I was deeply mistaken. DE LA GARZA continued to promise that he would file the Motions.

In June 2008, I pled out to the two counts of a federal indictment. Guilty pleas in the absence of trial prevented the judicial search engine from finding out what actually had happened, thus impeding the pursuit of truth. In other words, I pled out to two bogus charges.

For this hearing, the government gave a head’s up to a young female reporter, who walks the halls of justice for last minute hearings on a Friday
afternoon. I noticed ROOMBERG texting on his cell phone. Within one hour after my plea, it was on the radio airways. By the time, I got home, (four hours later) it was on the local television station. The following morning it was in the local newspaper. I certainly would love to pull ROOMBERG’S cell phone calls/texts to see whom he was calling while in the courtroom. I certainly hope that this information will be revealed when an inquiry is initiated on to how my case was mishandled by the government.

Could there also been a telephone call or text to AUSA Toni TREVINO of the McAllen office? She is the prosecutor who is now being sued by a former client (defendant) where she withheld evidences in his trial, plus other serious allegations where transcripts were allegedly altered. The federal courts of appeals are just sick to death of prosecutorial misconduct and not being able to do anything about it in the Bush administration. This is a shot across the prosecution’s bow. This AUSA allegedly had a meltdown in federal judge, Ricardo Hinojosa’s courtroom. The allegation is that she started to cry because she had lost a case and started blabbering, “it’s not fair”. She is the same AUSA who had a DEA agent, Amanda DAVIS commit perjury before a grand jury. This is a fact. AUSA TREVINO also allegedly received information that someone had changed the transcripts of a hearing, where she had been chastised by a federal judge for breaking a plea agreement. She failed to report this allegation to the proper authorities for criminal investigation. AUSA TREVINO is married to Benito TREVINO, an alleged former Republican chairman for Starr County. This picture should start to get clearer. TREVINO once forewarned a defense attorney (Shelby Wisefield) that I best be careful in what I did against the government, because she was going to do everything in her power to get me arrested. The picture is not that blurry now.

For the past several months, I vigorously attempted to address my concerns to the government through my attorney. I felt my attorney was reluctant in addressing my issues.

On September 2008, I received a telephone call from DE LA GARZA who stated that the government was dismissing my criminal case because they had failed to charge me with the proper charges. According to ROOMBERG, their office had allegedly been the first to initiated Polk vs. U.S. back in the late 1990s. So if they are the experts on Polk vs. US, why the eight months delay?

See attached copies of Transcripts “Guilty Plea” dated October 01, 2008: Page 2: Line 3.

ROOMBERG:

We filed a motion to dismiss – he’d pled guilty but we filed a motion to dismiss indictment on a case that was pointed out to me…
Let me take one step back. The reason we superceded was because our office discovered the Polk case because the plain language of the statute the defendant was initially charged…

UNITED STATES V POLK

“Precludes an individual being charged with [a crime] where the straw purchaser bought a firearm for an individual who was not a prohibited person [such as a convicted felon]. The defendant [Castillo] was not a prohibited person.” [U.S. Attorney Johnny SUTTON]

Also see copies of Transcripts “Sentencing hearing dated October 22, 2008: Page 7: line 14

Go figure, on their intelligence or boldness of outrageous government misconduct. If our government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it has invited every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. The record will reflect that this district office of the criminal law continues that the “end justifies the means”. This would bring terrible retributions and unrestricted secrecy in unlimited corruption, as we can clearly see in this case.

According to a New York Times, story dated April 15, 2009, by James C. McKinley Jr. “At gun shows in these states, (Texas) there is even less regulation. Private sellers, unlike licensed dealers, are not obligated to record the buyer’s name, much less report the sale to the A.T.F.”

ROOMBERG made a federal case that I had not documented any names of the people I had sold guns too. I was given four-level increase for trafficking in firearms. My base offense level was 12 and then was shot up to 21. I was protected under the Second Amendment.

On October 1, 2008, my case was being dismissed but not with a catch. The government was now charging me with, Trafficking in Guns without a License and Aiding and Abetting. I had to scan through the new pled agreement while in the courtroom. I asked my attorney, how was it possible for the government to prove that I sold a gun. There was never any evidence introduced to who I had sold the guns too. He assured me that the government could do what they wanted to do. He insisted that if I took the plea, I would more than likely received probation. This was the real deal, “the government would dismiss my case, and my attorney would convince me to plea out.” I argued my point to my attorney that in half of the gun shows weapons are routinely sold without a license. I soon learned that this was not the first time that this U.S. Attorney’s Office had initiated a plea agreement in the courtroom. The case was the involvement of the Lampazianie family who continue to proclaim their innocence – despite the fact that they each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy as part of a group plea bargain. The family members contend that the plea deal was slapped together in the courtroom just before the trial was set to begin in 1999. They also stress that the plea deal was not in writing and was presented to them as a last-chance offer before facing a trial they believed was fixed.

· COUNT SEVEN: PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT “one of the most reprehensible things a prosecutor can do is to attempt to put into evidence before the court his own altered evidence.”

Prior to signing the agreement ROOMBERG stated to my attorney that if I pled out to this new agreement that I would NOT lose my benefits. ROOMBERG assured my attorney that Jay LEMIRE was pleading to a similar charge, so that he would not lose his Social Security benefits. My attorney failed to obtain a written entry of my benefits into the plea agreement. DE LA GARZA also reported this allegation to Bill Conroy’s story dated February 01, 2009 title, ‘Iran/Contra whistleblower Cele Castillo increasingly looks like a framed man.’ “De La Garza also claims that in a discussion outside the courtroom that day, Oct. 1, Roomberg told him that Castillo would keep his benefits if he pled out to the new charges. And De La Garza says he relayed that information to Castillo.”

THE COURT:

…I – I will not in any way do anything to remove your benefits, but there – there are instances where I understand in a sentencing a federal judge can remove the benefits that people receive from either Social Security, the Veteran’s Administration, or whatever. It’s not my plan to do that. Is the Government planning to ask for that?

ROOMBERG:

No, Your Honor, In fact, in regards to the superseding information, the reason these particular charges were chosen, we could have picked another charge causing a false entry – causing a licensed firearm dealer to put a false entry into their book which would be more of a falsity crime and which to my understanding from talking to other attorneys would have a far greater impact than this would because it is not a criminal falsity crime, either the conspiracy or the one substantive count, it would not impact on that. I’m not an expert on that. We’re not taking a position on it. We’re certainly not seeking that from the Court. But that – That’s our position.

THE COURT:

“Well, that’s helpful, and I would not order it anyway. You’ve earned those benefits and –“

My attorney once again assured me that there was no reason why the judge would not place me on probation, because I had no previous criminal record plus my health issues would be brought under consideration. He stated that in the worst scenario, I would get one year, and that I would self surrender in March of 2009.

Between the 1st and the 22 of October 2008, I checked with the appropriate departments to recheck the status of my benefits. I checked with the Office of Personal Management (OPM) Government office and they advised me that I would loss every aspect of my retirement annuity if I was to be incarcerated for a felony charge. This would include my family’s health and life insurance (half a million dollars) that I have had for the past 28 years. I then proceeded to check with the Veterans Administration Benefits, and I was assured that my benefits would be reduced upon my incarceration in excess of over 60 days for a felony conviction. The amount not payable may be apportioned to a spouse, dependent children or parents. I finally contacted the Social Security Administration about my benefits and asked them that if I was incarcerated, would I lose my benefits. The individual further stated that no government court order would change their policy. The question remains as to how ROOMBERG was able to make these farfetched statements about me not losing my benefits.

If our courts lose their authority and their rulings are no longer respected, there will be no one left to resolve the divisive issues that can rip the social fabric apart…The courts are a safety valve without which no democratic society can survive.
Rose E. Bird,
Chief Justice, Supreme Court of California

On October 13, 2008, when I realized that DE LA GARZA had failed to address my concerns to the Judge Ferguson, I decided to address them, in a letter, to Judge Ferguson. On Oct. 22, 2008, Judge Ferguson confirms that he had received my letter of concern.

On October 22, 2008, I presented myself for my arguments on my sentencing before Judge Royal Ferguson. We proceeded to address our five arguments (objections) that had been implemented on the new Pre Sentence Investigation Report, an unprecedented two hour sentencing. (See attachment) My attorney and I (mostly me) vigorously attempted to make my case on the following objections.

The first was the objections to the number of weapons that the government was trying to implicate on me. The government could only submit proof of the last eight weapons that I had purchase from LEMIRE. Only four of those weapons were seized. ROOMBERG kept using the phrases to support the government’s position as “we believe”, “we think”, & “we suppose”. The judge, without any evidence, rejected our arguments.

The second objection pertained to the trafficking in arms. We made our argument that I did not sell to a prohibited person or that that person was going to commit a crime with the guns, criteria for trafficking in arms. Once again, the government kept saying, “we believe”, “we think”, and “we suppose”. The motion was denied. I started to realize that the cards were stack against me. It was not going to make a difference what we argued; they were all going to be denied.

See transcripts on “Sentencing” dated Oct. 22, 2008

Page 11; Line12:

ROOMBERG:

Do we have proof that he was selling them to prohibited persons? NO!

Clarification: This is what I said in regards to the above statements by ROOMBERG at my sentencing.

Sentencing Transcripts October 22, 2008

Page 22; Line 14:

Castillo

…The Government knows who it is You know, and he didn’t – didn’t break the law, you know. He bought them from me just like – just like another person. He has a Texas driver’s license, he’s from the U.S. and He’s not a prohibited person.

My explanation was that the surveillance units had seen me meeting with the individual and had identified him through his license plate.

ROOMBERG knew exactly whom the guns went to because the agents had followed me on surveillance when I delivered the shotguns in January 2008. Two agents, from two different agencies have written reports [REPORT OF INVESTIGATION] to that effect. Now may there be no mistake that the individual who took custody of the guns did in no way shape or form break the law by taking custody of the guns. He was not a prohibited person and the government knew this to be a fact. The agents on surveillance did not witness any guns exchange between this individual and me. This can be confirmed in their surveillance report. Once again the judge ruled against us.

Page 29; Line 10:

ROOMBERG:

The majority of these guns he only knows by a nickname and a general area where they live … The types of guns are the FN 5.7 and the P 90 which are the assault rifles.”

ROOMBERG lied about the P90 rifle. This weapon is nowhere to be found in my case. He just plain made up this allegation.

PAGE 35; LINE 13

THE COURT:

You know, this – this is a close call for me. And it – I have struggled with it and struggled with it…

THE COURT:

…I’m just struggling with this. It seems to me that – if I can have more information about the purchaser, but the problem is that information seems to be pretty elusive.

· COUNT SEVEN : PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT

My attorney argued that under relevant conduct issue of trafficking that I should not be held accountable for conduct that has no basis or evidence to support the allegations the government was making that I was involved in trafficking of weapons outside the U.S. ROOMBERG addressed to the court that the government had no idea who the guns went to and that they only had a nickname to go by. Again, the judge ruled against us.

On February 19, 2009, before the Honorable Judge Royal Furgeson, ROOMBERG made a serious allegation against me. He alleged, without any proof to the court that since by sentencing, the BATFE had traced two of the weapon in my case to have been found in Mexico. He identified them in his GOVERNMENT RESPOND TO DEFENDANT’S AMENDED MOTION FOR RELEASE PENDING SENTENCE; DATED February 18, 2009. The weapons in question were one FN-5.7x28 and a P-90 assault rifle. I warned my attorney that the P-90 assault rifle had no bearing in my case. This weapon was never mentioned in my case and that I strongly believe that ROOMBERG was once again lying to the court. ROOMBERG never mentioned if these weapons were used in a crime, just that they had been found. If ROOMBERG documented the P-90 from BATFE recorded indicating that they had been seized in Mexico he should had gotten the serial number and the model number. He failed to properly identify these weapons with serial numbers. It is a good indication that he was just manufacturing evidence. He never produced any identification for the courts. When I was first arrested by BATFE, their first statement was that they had found one of the guns in Mexico. This is the M.O that BATFE uses to intimidate a citizen.

PAGE 9 of said motion: Governments Respond to Defendant’s Motion hearing February 19, 2009

ROOMBERG:

Based on new developments in this case, the government believes the defendant is a danger to the community as well. As discussed at sentencing, the government speculated that the guns Defendant, a resident who lived closed to the Mexican border, was purchasing in San Antonio via the straw purchaser were being smuggled to Mexico for nefarious purposed. Since sentencing, B ATFE has traced and located two of the “mata policias,” “cop killer,” weapons to Mexico-a FN 5.7 pistol and a FN PS-90 assault rifle…

· COUNT EIGHT: PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT

Page 19: line16:

ROOMBER:

“That’s what these cop killing guns are meant for. They are not meant for shooting bambis. Bambi doesn’t wear flap jackets. You don’t need armor piercing bullets to go hunting.”

During my sentencing and the latest hearing, ROOMBERG testified on numerous times the wrong amount of weapons I was being charge with. The official total was 35 weapons. He mentioned nine (9) times that there were 32 guns. He also falsified testimony on numerous occasions that that the FN 5.7x28 used armor piercing rounds, when they don’t. And about Bambi doesn’t wear flak jackets, it certainly would not matter because flak jackets are not bullet prove. According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, a flak jacket vest is a form of protective clothing designed to provide protection from shrapnel and other indirect low velocity projectiles. But how would ROOMBERG know, he never served his country. I still owe a Vietnam era flak jacket.
Page 20: line: 7

MADEWELL:

“I would like to point out that it had Government’s response they mention two guns, one of which was an FN PS 90 assault rifle, but if you will look in the plea agreement or the indictment, there’s no such weapon directed. I would also like to point out that thought the prosecutor called the guns at issue cop killers, which they are called, according to the ATF government website, the FN 5.7, 5x7 times 28 – I don’t know to pronounce that part – millimeter is imported into the United – approved for importation into the United States as a sporting firearm. The ATF website also says the only ammunition that is approved for import into the United States is not armor piercing ammunition. That’s from the ATF’s own website.

On January 13, 2009, I received a telephone call from Mrs. Madewell who advised me that she had for the past several months attempted to contact DE LA GARZA to no avail. She stated that she has not worked on my appeal because DE LA GARZA had not turned the file over to her or even spoke to him. She stated however, that her secretary had contacted him on several occasions where he had promise to turn the file to them. The appeal attorney claims that her office had offered to send one of their investigators to pick up the file; he decline. I asked her if he had to turn the file over to her and she replied that she thought that he did not have to. I then asked how she was going to file the appeal. She stated that she could not file the appeal without knowing the proper information. An appointment was made to meet with her the following week.

On March 03, 2009, two days, before my first self-surrender, I finally received my attorney’s notes dated June 26, 2008. The notes will prove without reasonable doubt that ROOMBERG lied to the court. The notes indicate: the full name of the individual that purchase said weapons from me. Second: The surveillance unit had identified his truck with paper plates. (See surveillance reports by agents) And most significant: ROOMBERG made MapQuest from his computer in identifying the individual.

· COUNT NINE: OBSTRUCING JUSTICE
The act by which one or more persons attempt to prevent, or do prevent, the execution of lawful process.

At the prosecutor’s table, ICE agent Marcus SAXTON set in both my plea hearing and my sentencing, never once corrected ROOMBERG’S untruthfulness. Case agent Allen DARILEK never showed up to my last three court proceedings.

The third objection was to relevant conduct-leadership role. The gun deals were between the “snitch” Jay LEMIRE and me. The government once again, “we believe”, “we think”, and “we suppose”. If the government was adamant in not knowing whom I was giving the guns too, how could there be leadership involvement between LEMIRE and myself? We were once again denied.

Finally, we objected to a downward departure due to health and family under Sec. H of the sentencing guidelines & USC 3553. After receiving Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Vietnam and with the Drug Enforcement Administration, the judge found no compassion for a worn out veteran of three wars, who had placed his life on the line, on several occasions, to preserve his country. Apparently, it was not good enough. Denied.

The Honorable Judge Royal Furgeson strongly denied that I was a danger to the community and so did the Probation Department.

There is no proof the 32 guns he bought through a straw purchaser ended up in cartel hands. “BUT PROSECUTOR SAYS THAT CAN BE ASSUMED BECAUSE MANY OF THEM – 23 WERE HANDGUNS THAT CAN FIRE ARMOR-PIERCING AMMO…”

I was sentenced to 37 months incarceration for my actions. The judge was kind enough to allow me to self-surrender and ordered my surrender for March 05, 2009. The question is how did DE LA GARZA know this back in October 2008 as to when I was going to self-surrender in March?

The Narco News Story wrote a story in regards to the wrong doing in my case reference to The United States Attorney’s Office. Both DE LA GARZA and I were interview for said story. I assumed it was ok to do the interview since ROOMBERG has been interviewed by the San Antonio Express News on their story of gun running, dated December 14, 2008. The next three entries are from the newspaper story.

· “We think the person sending the drugs and Receiving the guns are the same, “prosecutor ROOMBERG SAID.

· Prosecutors and BATFE said they hadn’t heard of Castillo before his arrest in March.

Both prosecutors and BATFE agents had heard of me prior to my arrest. The BATFE had initiated their case against me back in January 2008. Anyone in law enforcement knows that when you initiate a case on an individual, you run his name with all other law enforcement. Because of my activism, and history as an “expert witness” for the defense, they certainly knew of it. I am known in government files believe me. Let’s not forget the sting operation with a television station I was involved against BATFE at the Pharr gun show in January 2008 year. The BATFE was allegedly committing racial profiles on U.S. citizens.

As for the prosecutors not knowing me, well how soon do they forget when I testified against the government, as an “expert witness,” in the same courtroom where I was sentence? It was the Arturo Gutierrez case. This was where the government was caught breaking the law. This was a sting operation by the FBI against several San Antonio police officers. In that case, the case FBI agent, Manny Ramirez was fired and his supervisors were asked to resign because of their misconduct.

Now, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but this cannot go uncheck. Let’s see if we can use ROOMBERG’s allegations or (method of operation) that he used to convict me without any proof. It was revealed that when DE LA GARZA took on my case, he was under investigation by the State Bar for stealing approximately $30,000 from client/clients. For the complete story, visit the Texas State Bar web site on this month (January 2008) magazine.

On October 15, 2008, DE LA GARZA received a notice from the Texas State Bar that he was to be suspended for one year, starting Nov. 01, 2008. On October 22, 2008, DE LA GARZA represented me at my sentencing, still deceiving me from his investigation. During my sentencing, the judge had stated that I have waived the right to appeal my sentencing. As for DE LA GARZA, he had misrepresented me from the very beginning.

On October 28, 2008, DE LA GARZA emailed me and attached documents for my appeal on my sentencing. A note on the email: “I am enclosing the documents you have requested. Please print, sign where indicated and send to the clerk of the court by fedez or ups so it gets there NO LATER THAN FRIDAY. Appears you must personally sign the appeal etc. The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is saying I guess. Questions-call me. Remember you need to send the original NOTIC OF APPEAL and one copy and the original Motion for Court appointed Attorney and Once Copy. Must sign all in blue.” So, if I gave the right to appeal my sentence, why is he representing in filing for the appeal. In a phone called he stated that ROOMBERG had lied to the judge and that he had the notes to prove he had lied.

In the middle of November of 2008, I spoke to my former attorney DE LA GARZA. He advised me that he had spoken to the attorney handling my appeal case and that he had turned over the file to her.

On November 27, 2008, I received a letter from Public Defender appeal attorney, Mrs. Judy Madewell advising me that she would be handling my appeal on my sentencing. She also stated that if I needed any questions answered to contact her.

Did ROOMBERG and DE LA GARZA conspire in order to convict me? Did ROOMBERG ignore the possibility of federal charges, if any, against DE LA GARZA on the State Bar’s findings? Numerous attempts by the Public Defender and me were made to attempt to retrieve my files from DE LA GARZA. He found no concerns or worries that the government would take any action against him. They are hoping that I will go to prison before this is expose and then, while I am inside, no one will listen or I will have an accident. This may-be, but all I can say to these individuals, that I am going to become the nightmare that their mother’s warned them about. Here is one reason why. When I finally received my files from DE LA GARZA, at the bottom of the file, I found a letter from ROOMBERG dated April 14, 2008, addressed to my former attorney. It allegedly contained a DVD of surveillance photos, which I never saw or knew that they existed. There was also an offer for me to plea out to one count, with an expiration of the offer April 28, 2008. I was never made of this offer by my attorney. I signed four different agreements with the Government, all with false information in them. The original one was asking for me to the seized firearms, laptop, and GPS. The Government never seized a laptop or GPS from me.

So here, we are at the end of this story. The question to some would be why would the government come after me with bogus charges from the beginning? During the 1980s, I became an Iran/Contra Whistleblower against the Reagan/Bush administrations. I exposed our government as complicit in the drug trade and ARMS SMUGGLING. There were several bi-partisan investigations both in the House & Senate, which confirmed my allegations against the government. Several individuals involved in these atrocities, were convicted, but later pardoned. In addition, some of them continued to work for the Bush administration. Why was I targeted to the full extent of outrageous government conduct? I believe that U.S. Attorney Johnny SUTTON is very close to the BUSH family and I guess it was payback for all my allegations against the BUSH family.

My fiasco has not been the only case the SUTTON administration has conducted. There is The House of Death, where he allowed an ICE informant to get away with murdering several people in Mexico with the knowledge of their handlers. There is also the prosecution of Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean. SUTTON allowed Osvaldo DAVILA to give false statements against the agents. As Congressman Rohrabacher once said, “Davila is a rotten habitual drug smuggler who should have been the target of SUTTON’S prosecution, instead of the agents.” Congressman Ted Poe also issued a statement on the Ramos/Compean appeal following a hearing in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, LA: “Today, before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, the US Attorney’s Office admitted that their star witness in the case against the agents, ‘told some lies’. The rest of us call that perjury. The fact that the prosecution knowingly allowed their witness to offer false testimony raises even more red lags about the overzealous prosecution of this case.”

Many years ago, I took an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States and have gladly fought for it on several occasions. I’ve continued this struggle, however this time it’s against the criminals in my own government. However, it certainly looks like I have lost this battle for my freedom, but I am desperately trying to learn to live to fight another day. It also bother’s the hack out of me as to how I am to interpret this struggle. There is no greater conflict in me with regards to how I feel about my government and how my government feels about me. All I have ever asked from the courts was for a chance to prove myself and asked for a fair and impartial opportunity, nothing that you yourself would not demand. Bottom line, I had been invited to a poker game and was handed a fix deck. I was brought up to believe, by my father, that beneath it all, we as Americans, are decent people, with an abiding scene of integrity and fair play.

Back in 1996, I went before a Federal Grand Jury in Washington D.C, the same Grand Jury that former First Lady Hillary Clinton testified on “White Water”. I testified to the allegations of the CIA’s implications of murder, drug trafficking, and arms smuggling. I had been granted whistle blower status.

In 1996, a great and honorable man, the Rev. Joseph Lowery invited Dick Gregory, Joe Madison, and I to a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. We were protesting the corruption in our government, specifically within the CIA and DEA. On that day, all three of them went to jail for me and the American people. On January 20, 2009, I saw the Rev. Joseph Lowery give the benediction at President’s Barack Obama swearing in. Come July 20, 2009, it will be my turn to carry the cross and become a political prisoner of my government. But before I do, I will utilize one other tool that has always worked on my spirit. I will conduct a pilgrimage to the federal court house in San Antonio.

I certainly know that I am nowhere close to Senator Ted Stevens’ accomplishments, but I strongly believe the Prosecutorial Misconduct was more sever in my case then his. The judge in his case, Judge Emmet Sullivan has now held Justice Department lawyers in contempt for their Misconduct and most surprising has dismissed the case against Sen. Stevens. His investigation could lead to reprimands, disbarment, even criminal charges. I certainly hope that in the Senator’s case it will lead to more widespread reform – or at least more effective oversight – of a practice that is more common than many would like to admit, for quite human reasons. The United States Attorney General has gone where few before him, dared. Mr. Erik Holder should be praised for his actions on Sen. Steven’s case.

ROOMBERG commented in the last hearing was, “that it was time for me to go to jail, for my wrong doing”. That maybe so come July 20, but in pointing out fact, our country can only move forward with confidence, only if it first cleans itself of its mistakes of the past. Checks and balances is what ordinary people are requesting in our judicial system. Whether ROOMBERG is punished for his action or not, we must never, ever accept the defense that somebody was “just following orders”.

Also from the last hearing: ROOMBERG: “... the fact that he is a police officer and DEA shouldn’t treated more lenient. Anything, it should be – the court should use the message that no one is above the law, not the defendant, not anyone else.”

Do you like apples ROOMBERG?

According to the Department of Justice Press Release, Wednesday, May 13, 2009, “Deputy U.S. Marshal Pleads Guilty to Obstructing Justice by Witness Tampering.” And Express-News (05-14-2009) reporter Craig Kapitan: “Deputy Marshal draws probation” deputy Ben Bates was initially charged with obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and making a false statement to a federal agent --- all felonies with maximum punishments of either five or 10 years in prison, was allowed to plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice . He was sentence to one year of probation. How about them apples ROOMBERG? That is why it is called, “Selective Prosecution.”

On April 10, 2009, my official complaint against the Government was hand carried by two veteran’s organization, Americas Last Patrol and a member of American G-I Forum, to the Office of Inspector General and the Civil Rights division at the Department of Justice. I am requesting for an inquiry of how my case was handle by the prosecution. However, I am fearful that the old guard is still present that will protect ROOMBERG. All I know is that I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in prison, questioning myself that I should have done this or that.

On February 27, 2009, I was awarded 100% disability from the Veterans Administration. However, it was not for my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (50%), but for my coronary artery disease. The VA revealed that I have chronic recurring congestive heart failure with two vessel coronary artery bypass graft. They also report that I have chronic congestive heart failure. Most significant I have (left) ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent. My incarcerated will certainly be my death sentence. But, as ROOMBERG would probably say, “they have doctors in prison”. I proudly served my country, and will continue to place my life on the line, so individuals, like ROOMBERG, are able to have that freedom.

Democracy is two wolves & a lamb (Castillo)
voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is
an armed lamb contesting the vote.

A true American patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his Government. I certainly earned those rights, even if it means going to jail.

Respectfully,

Celerino “Cele” Castillo, 3rd
Former DEA Agent
United States Army
Combat Sgt. in Viet-Nam
Powderburns@prodigy.net
W.W.W. Powderburns. Info

2709 North 28 1/2 Street
McAllen, TX. 78501
956-345-5770
powderburns.org

To: celerino castillo <powderburns@prodigy.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:57:36 AM
Subject: Re: THE STORE

Hi Cele,
My Word program can't read .docx documents. Can you send the text in another format?
Danny

--- On Fri, 7/10/09, celerino castillo <powderburns@prodigy.net> wrote:

Subject: THE STORE
To: dromero90@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 5:08 PM

Danny, pls put this on web page.

2709 North 28 1/2 Street
McAllen, TX. 78501
956-345-5770
powderburns.info

America's Mexican Border Wars - Tosh Plumlee - 28-02-2010

New Cartel War Erupts

A long-simmering conflict between drug cartels exploded into violence in
the Mexican state of Tamaulipas bordering Texas last week. Shoot-outs,
explosions, kidnappings and reports of large convoys with armed men freely
roaming streets rattled a broad swath of the state, especially in the area
stretching from Reynosa south to Matamoros known as the “Little Border.”

By Friday, February 26, more than 16 people were dead and 11 injured,
according to Mexican and US officials. However, based on residents’
accounts of scores of victims, it’s likely the official figures are low.
Amid an atmosphere of local media blackout, isolation and fear, false
stories spread about high officials kidnapped and killed.

On Wednesday, February 24, the US Consulate in Matamoros issued a travel
advisory for US citizens in and around Reynosa. Further, the US government
announced the temporary closure of the Reynosa Consular Agency until
additional notice. To the south, Brownsville Police Chief Carlos Garcia
cautioned US residents who did not have urgent business about crossing
into neighboring Matamoros. “It’s best not to go,” Garcia said.

Last week’s violence hampered commerce, border crossings, school
attendance and other routine activities in Reynosa, Valle Hermosa, Miguel
Aleman, San Fernando, Matamoros, and other cities. By week’s end, the
state education department acknowledged that school attendance had dropped
by 60 percent in several cities.

Panic spread to the state capital of Ciudad Victoria, where schools were
emptied by worried parents and businesses shuttered by frightened owners
fearing armed encounters. Jaime Rodriguez Inurrigarro, Tamaulipas state
attorney general, later denied that gun fights had broken out in the
capital city.

Tamaulipas Governor Eugenio Hernandez Flores appealed on the population to
ignore Internet-spread rumors he insisted had caused “a lot of damage in
Tamaulipas” in recent days.

A primary gubernatorial candidate for the National Action Party, Mexican
Senator Jose Julian Sacramento, had a different take on the situation.

“Tamaulipas is at war, and if there is no coordination between state and
local governments, then the federal government will have a hard time
waging a frontal attack on organized crime,” Sacramento said.

Although clashes were reported between Mexican soldiers and suspected
cartel gunmen, a good deal of the violence was linked to a conflict
between the long-dominant Gulf Cartel and its former armed wing, Los
Zetas.

Similar in some ways to an internal corporate power struggle- in this
instance over the control of a vast enterprise known as “The
Company”-tensions between the two groups have been escalating for more
than one year. Besides illegal drug dealing, human trafficking, product
piracy, oil diversions and other lucrative activities are up for grabs.

Currently, US authorities are seeking the arrests and extraditions of
individuals associated with the leadership of “The Company.”

In the lead-up to this week’s widespread fighting, preliminary skirmishes
in which civilian vehicles were commandeered to use as street barricades,
broke out February 8 and 19 in Reynosa and Nuevo Laredo, respectively.

The violence could mean a new round of bad times for Nuevo Laredo, which
has been relatively quiet in the past few years since an underworld pact
largely halted a war that earlier devastated the city. In an unusual move,
Nuevo Laredo Mayor Ramon Garza Barrios asked Roman Catholic Bishop Gustavo
Rodriguez Vega for assistance in calming the nerves of the local
population.

Last week’s violent showdown was practically announced, when the Gulf
Cartel, La Familia and other smaller cartels unveiled narco-banners in
several Mexican states earlier this month announcing an alliance against
Los Zetas. Presumably authored by Los Zetas, narco-banners posted in
Tamapaulipas and four other states this week sarcastically challenged the
purported alliance.

Other actors may be part of the latest fray, too. In other presumed Zetas’
banners posted in 26 cities across Mexico last February 11, the authors
blamed alleged Sinaloa Cartel leader “Chapo” Guzman for recent atrocities
in Ciudad Juarez and Torreon. The messages also accused Mexico’s federal
government of protecting Guzman.

As last week’s fighting unfolded, reports surfaced that members of
Michoacan’s La Familia drug cartel were sent to Tamaulipas to reinforce
their allies in the Gulf Cartel.

In Tamaulipas, the consequences of years of press intimidation by
organized crime and government officials, the murders of reporters,
official inaction in prosecuting attacks against journalists and media
self-censorship were evident this week as local residents had little solid
information from local news sources about what was happening on the
street. Conversely, Mexican national and US border news outlets provided
better information about the local situation.

But the big news development came from civil society. For better or worse,
Tamaulipas residents turned to social networks like Twitter and Facebook.
A writer on Twitter complained the circumstances in his hometown were
almost like Somalia.

The websites of national media organizations quickly became forums for
writers claiming to be from Tamaulipas. Many messages harshly criticized
government officials for downplaying conditions on the ground, and some
even provided details of the emerging situation.

Posting on the La Jornada website, Manuel Garcia credited social media for
keeping the population of Reynosa informed.

Garcia wrote: “Hasn’t (Reynosa’s mayor) ever seen the vehicles that drive
in broad daylight with CDG (Gulf Cartel) or XX initials? The checkpoints
that these men install at the entrances and exits to the city? The
pickups with armed men, sometimes escorted by the municipal police?”

On El Universal’s site, a woman identifying herself as Martha from
Tamaulipas wrote that the shooting had spread to the coastal area of
Tampico-Madero.

The latest outbreak of violence coincided with the February 25 sentencing
of former Gulf Cartel kingpin Osiel Cardenas Guillen on drug trafficking
charges in a Texas federal court. Observers were surprised by Cardenas’s
25-year sentence, which was considered relatively light in view of the
charges against the defendant. Important Texas media outlets blasted the
decision of Judge Hilda Tagle to bar the public from the proceedings and
permanently seal the trial records.

Like violence-torn Chihuahua to the north, the narco-war in Tamaulipas
occurs in a state election year for governor and other officials. Another
important parallel could be drawn between the situation in Tamaulipas and
the one in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. In both instances, major incidents of
“spill-over” violence have yet to materialize on the US side. Several
Texas law enforcement agencies reportedly mobilized their forces this week
to monitor any potential threats to US territory.

In response to the Tamaulipas trouble, the Mexican navy dispatched marines
to hot spots like Reynosa. As in the states of Guerrero and Morelos far to
the south, the marines are increasingly used to carry out tasks formerly
the domain of the army.

The growing tend of employing navy personnel as the favored front-line
fighters in the drug war was reinforced this week with the appointment of
Captain Hector Garcia Aguirre as the new head of the federal attorney
general’s office (PGR) in Ciudad Juarez. A lawyer by training and a
veteran of previous civilian law enforcement functions, Garcia was sworn
in at a February 26 ceremony attended by former senator and current PGR
official Francisco Javier Molina Ruiz in Ciudad Juarez.

Coming at a time when the Calderon administration has pledged to invest
major resources in restoring order to Ciudad Juarez, the Tamaulipas
violence represents a serious challenge to the Mexican state. Indeed,
given the potential of the fighting to rapidly expand and engulf other
states, the Calderon administration once again faces the prospect of
managing simultaneous damage control from a shifting, multi-front war
-----------------------------------------------------------------Hallan arsenal en depósito subterráneo en Sinaloa

Distrito Federal— El Ejército halló un arsenal subterráneo en el estado de Sinaloa después de un enfrentamiento con sicarios, y decomisó armamento y numerosos vehículos en Zacatecas, informó hoy la Secretaría de la Defensa Nacional (Sedena).

La fuente indicó en un comunicado que el pasado viernes soldados que realizaban tareas de reconocimiento en el poblado de Agua Caliente, Sinaloa, fueron agredidos por dos individuos con armas de fuego, quienes lograron huir con rumbo desconocido.

Después de estos hechos, los militares realizaron una inspección minuciosa en el área, donde detectaron un camino que los condujo hasta un predio donde localizaron un depósito subterráneo de armas.

En este depósito estaban ocultas 76 armas largas, 34 armas cortas, 723 cargadores, 16 mil 120 cartuchos de diferentes calibres, 20 silenciadores para armas, tres 3 granadas de gas, nueve chalecos antibala y 34 uniformes tipo militar camuflados de fabricación estadounidense.

Sinaloa es cuna de los principales capos del narcotráfico mexicano y territorio que controla Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, del cártel de Sinaloa, aunque también hay presencia de otras bandas rivales que se disputan las rutas de trasiego hacia Estados Unidos de cocaína, heroína y metanfetaminas.

En tanto, en Zacatecas, también zona de enfrentamientos entre grupos de narcotraficantes, la Sedena informó en otro comunicado que detuvo a dos civiles a quienes les incautó 28 armas largas, 43 armas cortas, 7 mil 203 cartuchos de diferentes calibres y material explosivo, del que no da detalles.

También les decomisaron diez uniformes antimotines con la leyenda "Policía", así como 35 camiones pesados, 47 cajas de tráiler cerradas, diez remolques para camiones, 16 camionetas de diferentes marcas, entre ellas tres blindadas, además de un auto BMW.

Además, uniformes camuflados tipo militar de fabricación estadounidense, una chaqueta con el logotipo de la Policía de Fresnillo (Zacatecas), 13 mil 600 pesos mexicanos (unos mil dólares) y 2.6 kilos de marihuana.

Estos hechos tuvieron lugar en el municipio de Fresnillo, después de que los militares recibieron denuncias sobre presuntas actividades ilícitas en la zona.