Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best music - definitely not for the tacky list
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Jeez,I've had Joni Mitchell's song playing in my head since I posted it.:loco:

GOT TO FLUSH IT ALL AWAY.......:bolt:

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Live at Glastonbury festival, appropriately enough:

"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Live at Glastonbury festival, appropriately enough:

Noel wrote Cast No Shadow about Ashcroft, who has suffered from depression throughout his life.

Quote:"Richard (Ashcroft) wasn´t very happy for a while so I wrote it for him and about three weeks later he quit the band. It´s about songwriters in general who are desperately trying to say something. I´d like to be able to write really meaningful lyrics but I always end up talking about drugs or sex. But people like Richard and Paul Weller will look after me. `Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say´ - That´s me. I´m not Morrissey. I´m not Bob Dylan. I´m not Brett Anderson. They are better lyricists than I´ll ever be."
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Live at Glastonbury festival, appropriately enough: Drugs Don't Work
Probably a real downer for more than a few in the Glastonbury audience listening to that :hippy:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

NEIL YOUNG

"Cortez The Killer"

He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun.

On the shore lay Montezuma
With his coca leaves and pearls
In his halls he often wondered
With the secrets of the worlds.

And his subjects
gathered 'round him
Like the leaves around a tree
In their clothes of many colors
For the angry gods to see.

And the women all were beautiful
And the men stood
straight and strong
They offered life in sacrifice
So that others could go on.

Hate was just a legend
And war was never known
The people worked together
And they lifted many stones.

They carried them
to the flatlands
And they died along the way
But they built up
with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

And I know she's living there
And she loves me to this day
I still can't remember when
Or how I lost my way.

Cortez, Cortez
What a killer.
Buckminster Fuller
When I listened to your song Keith I was originally inspired to post an Inti Illimani song about Augusto Cesar Sandino the liberator of Nicaragua and inspiration of the Sandistas who fight the murderous descendants of Cortez.

Instead I post another Inti Illimani song about the famous Brazillian painter Candido Portinarí as I think it is more musiacally interesting

Studio version here
A very rough translation for the non Spanish speakers:
For Candido Portinari
honey and rum,
a guitar and sugar
and a song,
and a heart.
To Candido Portinari
Buenos Aires and a bandoneon.
Oh, tonight we may, we may,
oh, tonight we may, we may,
we may sing a son.
Sounds and flashes.
A tough man,
made of blood and paint,
Howling at the canvas.
Sounds and flashes,
His blood from his strong hands
sounds and flashes,
like he carved in light
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Keith Millea Wrote:NEIL YOUNG

"Cortez The Killer"

With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun.

Keith - great post.

But those "hooded priests" wandering about in the wings of the stage are.... I have to say it.... PURE SPINAL TAP.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subcultures, Pop Music and Politics: Skinheads and “Nazi Rock” in England and Germany Magda Hassan 0 4,391 04-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  When the Music Could Only Do So Much Keith Millea 0 3,525 23-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  Music Video With A Difference - An Inside Job Peter Lemkin 0 3,213 29-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Songs and music Magda Hassan 4 5,894 12-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan