Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of DPF
We don't do forum business in public.

So here are some metaphors...

The beginning:

The dream:

The bile:

"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
An unavoidable stop on certain life journeys:

At fault is an inescapable truth:

Yet the doors of perception yet can open:

And hope springs eternal:

The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
All,

My DPF posts may appear to be sporadic because of delays brought about by the fact that I have been on moderation on the forum I co-founded for a couple of months now. There is no end in sight, and over the past week the delays have grown longer.

When my posts are released, they almost always appear buried behind one or more subsequent contributions. Do with this information what you will.

I am not being afforded the opportunity to appeal the moderators' actions. I am assured that votes are taken on the suitability of all my posts, and that majority decisions prevail. I am not aware of how tie votes are settled.

I shall not comment on the reasons why this situation has arisen; that story is for the co-founders only. I shall not be the one to make it public.
Why do I endure this situation? Because it is not in my nature to run from a fight -- especially one in which so much is at stake.

I post this simply to inform those of you who find some semblance of value in what I bring to this cyber-table that I have not left the battlefield and have no intention of doing so.

Also, I have no intention of making further public comment on this situation at this time. So don't waste your time posing questions that I won't answer.

As always, you may feel free to contact me via PM. But be advised: I have no way of knowing if my PM Inbox and Outbox are being monitored.
Thank you for your consideration.
Tim Buckley is the first in the first post of the don't-publicize-family business thread.

Ah, Tim Buckley in 1973 at Raphael's Silver Cloud Lounge in Algodones, New Mexico.

He was sweating, thin as a wire, wired to the max, and his girlfriend

was in black dress, barefoot, floppy black hat on the dance floor solo

so when I left our table to (attempt) to dance with her

her karate chop pulled an inch from my nose

"I want to be alone"

The gang bought a Tequila Sunrise as consolation

and I believe Tim Buckley died not long after

How 'bout that "hunter" tune

lounges being for intrigue

short service life

microcosm

smack

dab

Children's games are almost always misplayed by adults.

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.