Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Shakes Raul Castro's Hand
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Lauren Johnson Wrote:Castro said he trusts Obama? You gotta wonder what's with that?
Also Maduro from Venezuela who is at the same conference has said something along the lines of "With all respect I do not trust the US/Obama." Cuba has friends who are also watching closely. The US doesn't have the same free hand there in the south any more. The conference has been quite confronting for Obama where many speakers have spoken very freely indeed,

On theory: he had a visit from an economic hit man who made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I'm not sure if Raul's speech has been translated into English yet or made the Anglophone media if it has. Raul unambiguously gave the US and Obama both barrels including referencing JFK's murder when he tried to make peace with Cuba. He wasn't referencing Oswald either. But with the implication that Obama needs to look over his shoulder at his own military and intel services.

Castro's speech the day after the assassination made 100% clear that he knew it was an "inside job" and was because of JFK's peace plans.
So no doubt he shared this with his brother. I think it's great that Obama appears to be making some change but I too am not ready to trust what he is really up to, at this time.
We at least owe Kennedy the detente he was killed for. We should give it a shot.
Castro should be careful. The life expectancy of such controversial foreign leaders that America shakes hands with is not too good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama's Speech to the Cuban People Drew Phipps 3 6,234 23-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  US-CUBA Partial Normalization - Obama Finally Makes a Correct Move! Peter Lemkin 19 13,460 26-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Don't Use His Fire: Why Cornel West Is Upset Obama Was Sworn In On Martin Luther King's Bible Keith Millea 9 6,235 23-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Hand written letter of Saddam Hussain to the American people Magda Hassan 3 3,431 04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Ballerina Margot Fonteyn Plotted Revolution in Panama with Castro Help Magda Hassan 0 3,784 28-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The People's Historian - Zinn On Obama and Change Peter Lemkin 0 2,751 13-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  $2.8 bln to anti-Castro agent 0 425 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: