Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Free Legal Academic Torrent Site Just Begun
Fulfilling the need Aaron Swartz and others recognized..... http://academictorrents.com/about.php
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Fulfilling the need Aaron Swartz and others recognized..... http://academictorrents.com/about.php
Wonderful! Should always be this way.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Fulfilling the need Aaron Swartz and others recognized..... http://academictorrents.com/about.php

Its rather sparse now - they just got set up very recently. It will grow quickly [I hope]! However, as anyone can upload, copyright and other such issues could well arise. I don't know if they have the resources to 'vet' them - or care to. I've always been surprised that Scribd stays in business - as they have many in copyright books there.

Academic research is almost always paid for by the taxpayer and should be available to them - to anyone. Corbett recently did a very good show on the absurdity of most copyright and patents etc...and how they are being eroded.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:

Its rather sparse now - they just got set up very recently. It will grow quickly [I hope]! However, as anyone can upload, copyright and other such issues could well arise. I don't know if they have the resources to 'vet' them - or care to. I've always been surprised that Scribd stays in business - as they have many in copyright books there.

Ditto re Scribd Pete.

I'm also still surprised that Youtube stay in business, as it seems to me that copyright is breached there thousands of time a day.

My guess is that there is an acceptable copyright breach and an unacceptable one. It depends who is doing the breaching.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PRISM/NSA/Etc. -Free Search Engine?.....maybe...they seem to be trying. Peter Lemkin 4 15,623 22-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  NASA's Massive Free E-Book Collection Magda Hassan 1 36,032 13-08-2013, 12:17 AM
  Transcribable: Free the Files to Go! Magda Hassan 0 7,414 17-07-2013, 01:13 AM
  Top 9 free vpn services out there Magda Hassan 2 8,147 17-04-2012, 04:13 PM
  LittleSis* is a free database of who-knows-who at the heights of business and government. Ed Jewett 0 3,847 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Berlin Crisis CIA Newly Declassified Documents and Free CIA Multimedia DVD-ROM Available Bernice Moore 0 3,627 08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  record radio off the web for free and dowload as mp3's Ed Jewett 0 3,958 23-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  fbi booklet; mary ferrell site; photos, floor plans, parking lot,TSBD link Bernice Moore 1 4,792 08-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Great Site Of Progressive Online Lectures I Stumbled Upon Peter Lemkin 0 2,694 13-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dave Emory's "Spitfire" anti-fascist free download books David Guyatt 1 4,191 19-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin