Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many European New Year's Celebrations Being Cancelled
As I write this it is 5pm Central European Time. Moscow, Brussels, Paris and others have completely cancelled fireworks displays and some have cancelled just about everything related to a New Year's celebration due to what officials are calling 'actionable and real' terrorist threats. Of course we can't know at this point if this is true or invented. One thing is for sure - under darkness and with the sounds of fireworks, explosives and/or gunfire would hardly be noticed! The Belgian Police and Intelligence authorities cited having arrested six men today they say were going to do a terrorist action in the heart of Brussels tonight. Here in Prague the fireworks were not cancelled, but moved to a much more remote site and one that no one will be able to get near. Also, all cars were banned from the city center from dark until daylight tomorrow...also in response to 'possible' terrorist threats. I expect in the next few hours some other larger cities may follow suit.

Happy New and Strange Year 2016 Everyone! [1984 was a LONG time ago!..or was it?....]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Strange isn't it? We had our usual fireworks and 1.6 million people around the harbour. And similar in other states. Not an ISIS flag anywhere. There was a bomb threat here but it seems it was just a local man pissed of with the crowds at his local park interfering with his view of the harbour. I wonder how credible the threats were or if they're just messing with the populations?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Two train stations [Munich was one] were closed in Germany last night just before midnight. When this kind of fear gets hold it is too easy for someone with a gripe about anything, or an official(s) who wants to spread yet more fear into the general population, can do so with ease. Sadly, I see this war OF Terror only ratcheting in one direction until we have a police state everywhere. This was an American invention started in its modern phase about the time of World War II and is now coming to fruition. This is what the elites have always wanted - frightened populations, and control over them using that fear.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Two train stations [Munich was one] were closed in Germany last night just before midnight. When this kind of fear gets hold it is too easy for someone with a gripe about anything, or an official(s) who wants to spread yet more fear into the general population, can do so with ease. Sadly, I see this war OF Terror only ratcheting in one direction until we have a police state everywhere. This was an American invention started in its modern phase about the time of World War II and is now coming to fruition. This is what the elites have always wanted - frightened populations, and control over them using that fear.

I agree. And the current hate of all things Russian reminds me of the 1950's Reds Under the Beds scares that resulted in the injustices of the HUAC and McCarthyism. The US always seem to have this in their locker ready to dust down and use when necessary. If only Americans were generally better educated and less influenced by their media this would not be able to occur so effortlessly.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A softer kinder pan European fascism (European Alliance for Freedom) Magda Hassan 0 3,348 24-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  European Union's Nobel peace prize win greeted with joy and derision Lauren Johnson 3 2,992 13-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Why Prince Charles's secret 20-year campaign could make him the richest king in history Magda Hassan 0 4,056 28-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan