Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Policing dribbles
Here's a curious one, all those "cocaine" refs I get -

Police doctored GPS data which saw fishing boat crew jailed for £53million drugs bust: New evidence shows the men couldn't have dropped bags of cocaine into the sea - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-bust.html

· Police electronics expert meddled with evidence in drug smuggling case
· Five men were accused of picking up bags filled with £53million of cocaine
· But new evidence shows officer altered GPS data to 'back up prosecutors'
· Men's lawyers are now calling on case to be referred to the Court of Appeal
By DAVID ROSE FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 01:38, 3 July 2016 | UPDATED: 01:50, 3 July 2016

A police electronics expert made a clumsy attempt to doctor' vital evidence that led to the conviction of four fishermen and their friend for drug smuggling, according to legal documents seen by this newspaper.
The five men were accused of picking up rucksacks containing 560 lb of cocaine worth £53 million in the middle of the English Channel, before dropping them overboard off the south coast of the Isle of Wight for someone else to recover.
At their trial, data from the satellite tracking device on their boat, the Galwad-y-Mor, appeared to damn them.
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\TEMP\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
+3
Five men were accused of picking up rucksacks containing 560 lb of cocaine worth £53 million in the middle of the English Channel on the boat Galwad-y-Mor (pictured)
But new evidence shows that after officers from the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (Soca) seized the vessel's Olex GPS machine, an officer tried to alter internal databases, apparently to make them conform more closely to the prosecution's theory.
But he not only failed to achieve his goal, he also left a computerised fingerprint' revealing how he tried to interfere with the crucial testimony.
And in another bombshell development, it can be revealed that the Galwad-y-Mor could not have dumped the drugs at the location alleged by prosecutors, because the water there is too shallow and the vessel would have run aground.

The fresh evidence is included in a dossier from the men's lawyers to the Criminal Cases Review Commission, which is being asked to order a new appeal.
At the heart of the case is Isle of Wight crab and lobster fisherman Jamie Green, who owned the 39ft Galwad-y-Mor. Found guilty by a majority verdict in 2011, he was jailed for 24 years, together with casual labourer Zoran Dresic and Mr Green's lifelong friend, Jonathan Beere, who runs a scaffolding business. Crewmen Danny Payne and Scott Birtwistle got 18 and 14 years respectively.
All were staunch family men with no previous convictions, and there were grave doubts among the close-knit fishing community on the Isle of Wight that they could be guilty.
The Mail on Sunday published the first of two investigative articles on the case in 2014. In a further exposé last year, we revealed that one of the prosecution's central claims could not be true that the Galwad-y-Mor picked up the cocaine on the storm-lashed night of May 29, 2010, when it crossed the wake of the MV Oriane, a Brazilian cargo ship from which, supposedly, the drug-filled rucksacks were thrown into the sea.
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\TEMP\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
+3
New evidence shows that after officers from the Serious and Organised Crime Agency seized the vessel's Olex GPS machine, an officer tried to alter internal databases
Data from the AIS satellite tracking system installed on the Oriane, which was made available to the prosecution but not disclosed to the defence nor shown to the jury, showed that the Galwad-y-Mor never crossed the Oriane's wake, but at its closest was several hundred yards away.
Moreover, according to a report by the Portsmouth Marine Laboratory on drift and current, anything thrown from the Oriane would have drifted away from the Galwad- y-Mor, not towards it, making the alleged pick-up impossible.
The fishing boat's course can be determined from its own highly sophisticated GPS-linked tracking and navigation system, known as Olex. It is a new analysis of a cloned' copy of the Olex hard drive that has led to allegations that Soca investigators tried to tamper with it to improve their case.
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."
Pitchford Inquiry into undercover policing 'set up to fail' - http://www.heraldscotland.com/News/14655..._/?ref=rss 22 hrs ago
A probe into undercover policing in England and Wales is doomed "to fail before it begins" after the UK Government confirmed its remit will not extend to Scotland, inquiry participants have warned.
Fifteen people who have been called to give evidence to the Pitchford Inquiry into undercover policing in England and Wales say the decision is "a snub to Scotland".
The Scottish Government, which has been urged to launch its own inquiry, said it "will now consider how best to take this matter forward".
Pitchford, set up by Prime Minister Theresa May in one of her final acts as home secretary, follows revelations about the activities of undercover officer Mark Kennedy, who admitted having "intimate relationships with a number of people while undercover".
The London-based National Public Order Intelligence Unit worked with forces in Scotland and Mr Kennedy was used in or visited Scotland 14 times, a review by HM Inspector of Constabulary (HMIC) found.
However, Policing Minister Brandon Lewis has now confirmed that Pitchford's terms of reference apply solely to "undercover police operations conducted by English and Welsh police forces in England and Wales".
In a letter to Labour MSP Neil Findlay, he said: "For a number of reasons, it is not possible to expand the geographical scope of the inquiry without formally amending the terms of reference."
The inquiry could be accused of "acting outside of its powers" if it considered evidence outside of these jurisdictions, Mr Lewis said.
Lord Justice Pitchford has granted "core participant" status to 199 people affected by the undercover police units, including some who say they were spied on in Scotland.
In a joint statement, 15 participants said disregarding evidence from Scotland will "prevent the inquiry from dealing with a significant part of its remit" and "sets the inquiry up to fail before it begins".
Participant Merrick Cork said: "The police admit English officers committed human rights abuses against citizens on Scottish soil.
"It's absurd to expect public trust in police when abuses of power are swept under the carpet, and it's a snub to Scotland to say it doesn't matter there."
The participants have called on the Scottish Government to set up its own independent inquiry.

A Scottish Government spokesman said: "The Scottish Government is extremely disappointed that the UK Government has indicated it will not extend the remit of the Pitchford Inquiry to consider the activities of undercover Metropolitan Police units in Scotland.
"We continue to believe that a single inquiry across the UK is the most effective approach to provide a comprehensive and coherent investigation into these matters.
"This narrower approach risks doing a disservice to people in Scotland affected by the activities of a force which falls under the oversight of the Home Office. We will now consider how best to take this matter forward."
Mr Lewis has said Pitchford will be restricted from forwarding its evidence on to other organisations during its deliberations, unless it uncovers a crime or miscarriage of justice.
However, he said all of the material will be lodged with the National Archives once the inquiry has concluded.
ENDE

Germany asks UK to widen undercover policing inquiry
Berlin wants Home Office to extend inquiry into activities of undercover British officers in Germany - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016...rk-kennedy
Philip Oltermann in Berlin @philipoltermann
Saturday 11 June 2016 14.30 BST Last modified on Tuesday 14 June 2016 10.40 BST
The German government has written to the British Home Office asking for the Pitchford inquiry into undercover policing to be extended to covert operations by British police in Germany.
The inquiry, which was set up following the revelation that former Metropolitan police officer Mark Kennedy had infiltrated protest groups and entered intimate relationships under false pretences, is currently only set to cover Kennedy's activities in England and Wales.
But with Germany now following the Scottish government in submitting an official request to be involved in the investigation, pressure is growing to extend the inquiry beyond English and Welsh borders.
The German request also coincides with a letter, published on Friday, in which campaigners threaten legal action unless the Pitchford inquiry is extended to Northern Ireland.
Jason Kirkpatrick, an anti-globalisation campaigner and filmmaker who met Kennedy in Belfast, told the BBC: "Unless the public inquiry's remit is broadened, for anyone living outside England and Wales, the Pitchford inquiry is nothing but a painful whitewash."

British police have admitted that undercover officers have infiltrated at least 460 political groups since 1968, including in Germany. Undercover officer Kennedy is known to have been active for several years in a number of German cities including Berlin, where Kennedy then calling himself Mark Stone was arrested for attempted arson but never charged.
According to Left party MP Andrej Hunko, one of the parliamentarians who have been calling for the German government to investigate the Kennedy case, British officers were deployed to infiltrate leftwing activist groups such as Youth Against Racism in Europe and Dissent!, a network that mobilised against the 2005 G8 summit in Heiligendamm.
"The British Home Office must disclose which other German groups and movements were investigated and on whose orders," Hunko said in a statement in which he also called for similar inquiries in Germany.
"We also need a committee of inquiry here in Germany in order to assess all these incidents and closely investigate the operations of undercover agents. This includes German police authorities collaborating within two international police networks working on undercover operations, which have become established outside of official scrutiny."
Undercover police officers engaged in covert missions abroad currently enjoy a certain degree of immunity from prosecution. While any criminal act they are involved in would be investigated in the country where it is committed, the authority that commissioned the officer is responsible for disciplinary action.
Peter Francis, a former police spy-turned-whistleblower, has said that police officers sent abroad received "absolutely zero schooling in any law whatsoever".
"I was never briefed, say for example, if I was in Germany I couldn't do, this for example, engage in sexual relationships or something else."
According to Francis, information obtained on a covert mission abroad was frequently shared with the Met's local equivalent.
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
(Bit messy this, but the ingredients are fine)

After posting the clown thing, 8-10-'16; reading an article in the Daily Star (the shame of it…, but I knew from SkyPP that it had this clown story, as did the i-paper as it turned-out), I call the walls' "the clown community" vocalising to No.18, which gets a series of knocks in return, c.5:37pm, & a siren goes-off too that'll be their "protected by the law".
This fella who was in the library every single day when I was, for 5-6months, looking at vids of apparent references; I'd called the walls "clowns", & the next day he'd been wearing a Killer Klowns from Outer Space'-type t-shirt portrait'. They know I have this, and extremist authoritarian goose-stepping torture-murdering serial killers don't like being called "clowns" by their mark this is a regular theme; "You over-inflated, gossamer-thin airheads" got a similar emotional response from them. And they lurve being identified as shitehounds. Seems these things trickle thru' their brainwave/senses reading firewall the wrong' way.

1:40am, film, Lesson of Evil', "Rina" gets a click' to the left ear: this is my Suicide Groups' post on DPF, to that 16yr old Russian lass Rina', who the psycho-sexual psychiatric basket-cases had a hand in inducing to jump in front of a train, then buy & sell her bloodied clothing as yer typical totemics. I get a lot of "Russian" since I mentioned I never get "Russian" parrots. I'd like to think this is voice recognition robotics, but when I pointed-out that the shitehounds mistake "professional(ism)" for profoundly disturbed basket case, it upset them; they come-up with some extremely obscure shit the lexicon of referencing that they've built-up & acquired, over 5+yrs. Like I said ages ago, they'd appropriate the letter e' if they could. But that "Rina" is absolutely pat, the poor, sad, fragile-ego'ed deranged maniacs.

There's a .gif Ben' sent me for no apparent reason at the time. I suspect it's amongst some info's I sent to copper King 2392 in NuT, of a lass with drawn-on whiskers, making like a cat 9maybe ears too), sat on the chair-arm, meowing' and licking her tit. I had no understanding of why he'd sent it, but it'll be that same totemic [ooooh, sharp neural;gic to the mid right side of my head] psychopathic memento. I sent him a couple of books: 1 on Dusko Popov/Tricycle, & 1 on RHBruce Lockhart; he says his wife chucked em out. Fuck that she has, they're in his collection. Like the shit-for-brains here, who kept her head so he could walk past it for the thrill.

3:38am, BBC Our World', jihadis in/from Sweden, "But they had duct tape over their mouths" (of a controversial ©rap vid there), a dull thump 18-side. Ben' had something similar on his Steam page, "There are few problems that can't be solved with duct tape", which in turn minded me of quite a few apophenics to scenes of ppl being taped-up and ie. bundled into cars, an old ref, but the duct tape'll be nice' for them.

Sunday, a very sharp pain actually inside my ear, left, sitting on the pot, reading the paper, to "mawkish", because I've used that word; this is the parrotshit ref'ing again happens aall the time, I
just ignore 99% of it and note 1 or 2 as aids memoir. [ooh siren 5:23pm]

7:03pm, 18 starts-up to film WarGames'.

Tues11Oct'16: I tried to post this lot yesterday, but it was too wordy & I ran-out of time. As of the last 2-3days, it's been EXTREMELY heavy on shitehound front; this morning there must've been 10-15 sirens as I was waking, then not a single one thereafter. It's busy at home too of course, as thing, neuralgics, auditories, the usual. Early this morning, just after I got into bed & as I'm opening my book to read, an instant siren, 2seconds, close, at Chapter6, Over to Western Approaches', old theme, merchant navy-type/related.

This was just after I'd had a go at the shitehounds for being "puffs" & degenerate, primitives, "and wtf should I have to be afraid of you? YOU! ffs, you've done all-but everything you could do to prove your deranged & delusional degeneracy tortured, murdered, brainwashed, indoctrinated, the mind machine, set-up, poisoned, drugged, the heart-shots, schiz- training', traumatising, the godbluffshite and the massive rest of it, & look at you 5yrs on & what? You ignorant chimps". That sort of thing.

Not sure exactly what's brought-on this new hi-volume hi-dynamic spate of diahorrea; might be the birthday (always a favourite on shitehoundfront; or doc distributions, or asking where & how I can contact 1, 2, 3 & more judges, the letters to the copshops (Darlo & NuT); I suspect it's all those, with Sundays added "Totenkopfverbande" reveal' of RISC Management I'm not confident of much here (despite the siren-ref'ed "over confident" of last week), but I'm pretty sure that this RISC Management is a goer it fits nicely with their refs: an interesting thing: a while ago I'd pointed-out that after so long, it's possible to read between the lines of the refs and see things. At that point, they changed their ref approach and simply started giving it parroting just echoing my own insults of them (they've spent almost 5yrs blabbing-on about "law/justice", now I get "I'm no lawyer" and "murdered/assassinated" and every "hospital"-ref available (no clever' tricks, at least not overtly ELF microwaves, I mean, cept the dream choreographies). Like I say, their program' as they'd have it, is crumbled to dust round their ankles. (lots of sudden pains to my ankles, as it happens). But the "hospital" doesn't come in isolation of course, "recovering in-/died in-/ in intensive care in-", and all the rest of it.

The RISC Management "Totenkopfverbande of ex-coppers/organised crime gang who's infiltrated the Met.", - on 22-10-13 I should've gone for their go-to' guy at the counter in civvies, med/large fella, c.55yrs, stone-faced & dead-eyes writ large, a real room-chiller, rather than the more affable PC King.

I remember Ben' saying how he liked the Russian Mafia & the Zetas, because they're so totally ruthless/brutal', & the Spetznaz, 'cos they make em crawl thru' pools of viscera'. Arsehole. But he does have a point the shitehounds, apparently obviously, are the same ppl they torture by psyche and pain, and brainwash, & they use their mind machine to undermine, & behavioural sets/excitation potentials, and organised gang-stalking and a massive much else, & then they circle-jerk it out as they tune-in to watch you die, and they record it from the inside the cortical & cochlear implants, & they call it light entertainment. [click… click… right ear]. They think they're "noble superheros", and that they represent the future, but they're dribbling.

This is very interesting:
How top QC 'buried evidence of Met bribes to put innocent man in jail': Whistleblower alerted court that 'organised crime' had infiltrated police... then they said HE had perverted course of justice - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...stice.html
· Senior barrister Sasha Wass is at the heart of a growing scandal
· The QC is facing claims in a London courtroom she lied to judges
· She allegedly tried to hide evidence of police corruption
· The man who blew the whistle, Bhadresh Gohil, nearly faced jail time
· A senior officer confirmed evidence of bribes in a report
· But the Crown Prosecution Service decided against using them in court
PUBLISHED: 00:08, 9 October 2016 | UPDATED: 00:55, 9 October 2016

Thing is, it has refs, & chimes very very strongly with an old ref or 2 I've had. After reading this early this morning, there were about 5 incidences of what could pass for skits' below my window this morning, including what I'd taken to be the postie clattering the letterbox & having a loud conversation with someone (it was my birthday recently, & having got precisely absofuckinglutely nish, y'know, I kinda had it in the back of my mind that, y'know, etc. Anyway, fuckall there; and that c.20yr old male voice again, calling-out "Mum?", loud & clear (three times this has happened since mum died, and few cunts round here call their mum, mum'; usually it's mam', or "Oi! Cunt!"). So, there were about 5 of these things happening [instant shrill distant' tone left ear there], avec sirens, as I was waking, over a half/1 hour.

Thing about the above MoS story, is that my schiz- pal, who the shitehounds regularly used to marionette' their ref'ing and program' in my direction with, particularly via phone calls, once called, and from nowhere came-up with "The Totenkopf are my favourite (SS/German/wehrmacht) unit, as they were made-up of ex-police". And this is where I began remembering the "risk management/RISC Management" references I've had. That's, (oh wow, just looking for the first time at it, and it's positively gopping with references…) "..described in court as 'an organised crime group that infiltrated the Metropolitan Police' ".

This fits, unless they're being fitted. I prefer to think of them as the Totenkopfverbande. :

How top QC 'buried evidence of Met bribes to put innocent man in jail': Whistleblower alerted court that 'organised crime' had infiltrated police... then they said HE had perverted course of justice
Senior barrister Sasha Wass is at the heart of a growing scandal
The QC is facing claims in a London courtroom she lied to judges
She allegedly tried to hide evidence of police corruption
The man who blew the whistle, Bhadresh Gohil, nearly faced jail time
A senior officer confirmed evidence of bribes in a report
But the Crown Prosecution Service decided against using them in court

PUBLISHED: 00:08, 9 October 2016 | UPDATED: 00:55, 9 October 2016
Scandal: Senior barrister Sasha Wass
One of the country's top prosecutors is facing professional ruin following sensational claims in a London courtroom that she lied to judges in order to hide damning evidence of police corruption at the risk of sending an innocent man to jail.
At the heart of the growing scandal, whose origins were exposed by this newspaper in February, is Sasha Wass QC, the barrister who prosecuted entertainer Rolf Harris and the £2 billion rogue trader Kweku Adoboli.
A court has heard claims that Ms Wass not only buried an official report by the Metropolitan Police confirming there was evidence that officers in its anti-corruption unit had taken bribes, but that she prosecuted the lawyer who brought the report to the attention of the authorities for perverting the course of justice.
The alleged attempted cover-up almost led to a lengthy prison sentence for the man who blew the whistle, Bhadresh Gohil.
The revelations were contained in a secret 4,300-page dossier cited in court last Friday. They include the results of an investigation by Scotland Yard's Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS), which reports to Met Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe.
The inquiry, led by Commander Peter Spindler, was said to show that a Met unit set up to investigate financial corruption was itself corrupted by ex-Met officers working for a private investigation firm, RISC Management.
They allegedly paid bribes running to thousands of pounds to a former colleague, Detective Constable John McDonald, in order to obtain sensitive information.
Mr Gohil, during the course of an appeal against an earlier conviction on fraud charges, was charged in June 2014 with attempting to pervert the course of justice because he claimed that Det Con McDonald was being bribed by RISC and supplied documents to support this. McDonald had been one of the officers who had investigated Mr Gohil at the earlier trial. The police and Crown Prosecution Service insisted his claims were bogus.
'I'm innocent': Bhadresh Gohil, above right, with The Mail on Sunday's David Rose
In a sensational volte face, a CPS spokesman yesterday admitted it is now clear that, contrary to repeated statements by Crown lawyers in court and in legal documents, there is 'material to support the assertion that a police officer received payment in return for information'.
This, he added, should have been divulged in court long ago. But it is only now that 'the process of disclosure to relevant parties is under way'.
The dossier is covered by a legal gag that means anyone publishing it would risk prosecution. But according to statements made in court last week, which can be reported, the corruption of the unit was only part of a much wider onslaught perpetrated by RISC described in court as 'an organised crime group that infiltrated the Metropolitan Police'.
In an email exchange with this newspaper, Ms Wass admitted she had seen the dossier revealing RISC's 'infiltration' of the Met as long ago as April 2014 two months before she backed charging Mr Gohil with attempting to pervert the course of justice. But, she claimed, it was only in January this year, 'when new information was provided to me for the first time', that she 'advised the Director of Public Prosecutions personally to drop the case'.
Mr Gohil's lawyer, Stephen Kamlish QC, stated in court on Friday that when Mr Gohil was charged, the police, the prosecuting barristers and the CPS all had possession of the file containing the evidence of the Met's infiltration by RISC. Furthermore, Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders authorised the prosecution of Mr Gohil, and continued to oversee the case until it was dropped 18 months later. Mr Gohil has now been paid £20,000 in an out-of-court settlement by the CPS for the three weeks he spent remanded in custody at the end of last year facing trial.
He said last night: 'They had no basis even to begin this prosecution other than to cover up police corruption. They paid me about £1,000 a day but the usual Home Office rate for wrongful imprisonment is £250 a day. What does this show? That they knew they were totally in the wrong and had been caught.'
Start of the legal saga: Nigerian fraudster James Ibori is serving 13 years for corruption after being investigated by Scotland Yard in 2007
Start of the legal saga: Nigerian fraudster James Ibori is serving 13 years for corruption after being investigated by Scotland Yard in 2007
The tangled legal saga began in 2007, when police at Scotland Yard's Proceeds of Corruption Unit began investigating James Ibori, a Nigerian former provincial governor who had once been a cashier at a UK branch of Wickes. The unit, now part of the National Crime Agency, was set up to fight corruption in the developing world and is funded by the overseas aid department, DFID, to the tune of £20 million a year.
Mr Gohil was Mr Ibori's business lawyer and had helped him buy property and negotiated other deals on his behalf. In 2010, he was convicted of money-laundering and jailed for ten years. Mr Ibori was arrested and tried two years later. He is still in prison, serving 13 years for corruption.
Mr Gohil continues to protest his innocence, insisting he did all in his power to ensure 'due diligence', and had no way of knowing that Mr Ibori's wealth was ill-gotten. He pointed out that he was cleared of wrongdoing after a probe by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: 'If I can win the appeal I am now fighting, I will get my licence back.'
From the start of the Ibori investigation in 2007 until the perverting the course of justice charge against Mr Gohil was dropped this year, the head of the Crown's legal team was Ms Wass, assisted by Esther Schutzer-Weissmann, a junior barrister from the same chambers.
A court heard British detective John McDonald took multiple bribes
and that the officer was investigated by Met chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe's anti-corruption unit
A court heard that British detective John McDonald, left, took multiple bribes, and that he was investigated by Met chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe's, right, anti-corruption unit
They prosecuted Mr Gohil and Mr Ibori in court, along with five co-defendants. They had a close working relationship that lasted years with the investigating detectives and with an in-house legal team at the CPS, led by senior Crown prosecutor David Williams.
While Mr Gohil was in Wandsworth prison, he was sent 15 pages of documents suggesting RISC was bribing Met officers including Det Con McDonald, who played a central role in the Ibori-Gohil inquiry. Mr Gohil used them to lodge an appeal, claiming the case against him had been contaminated by the corruption.
During the case former Met commander Peter Spindler confirmed evidence of bribes in report
During the case former Met commander Peter Spindler confirmed evidence of bribes in report
On the afternoon before his appeal was due to be heard in June 2014, he was told he was being charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice. He said: 'I had been in an open prison, but I was transferred to a closed jail immediately. I knew the truth was out there and my nature is to fight. But this prejudiced the Court of Appeal totally.'
At the appeal, Ms Wass told the court that his claims of corruption were 'manufactured really out of nothing and unsupported by any evidence at all'. Although Det Con McDonald had had 'one contact' with his former police colleague, Clifford Knuckey of RISC, it was innocent.
There was, she added, 'an audit trail of openness' that showed Mr Gohil's allegations were bogus, and no further documents that ought to be disclosed.
The court accepted everything she said and rejected the appeal. Yet according to Mr Kamlish at Friday's hearing, weeks before Ms Wass made these statements, Crown lawyers had drafted a memo citing more than 30 separate pieces of 'evidence of corruption' and raised the issue of whether they should be disclosed to Mr Gohil.
She and Ms Schutzer-Weissmann also received an email from Mr Williams at the CPS. It discussed the Crown's written response to the pending appeal, which was sent to the court before the hearing. It said that he had been talking to the police, and they wanted 'the sentence re bragging' taken out.
The full text of this sentence, which was then duly altered by the CPS, would have given the court reason to wonder whether the Crown was revealing the truth about Mr Gohil's corruption claims. It read: 'Intelligence suggested DC McDonald and RISC operative (ex MPS Det Inspector) were known to each other. Cliff Knuckey had bragged to others he had paid DC McDonald for information.'
I knew the truth was out there and my nature is to fight
Mr Kamlish said in court: 'The document was tampered with in order to mislead the Court of Appeal.'
Mr Gohil was due to be released last November, having served half his sentence. At pre-trial hearings in the perverting the course of justice case, Ms Wass indicated the Crown would not oppose bail. But a few days before Mr Gohil was due to be freed, she changed her mind and he was remanded in custody on new charges.
Mr Kamlish said in court that the secret dossier showed the charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice should never have been brought: 'We have come across the clearest evidence that prosecuting counsel, Sasha Wass QC and Esther Schutzer-Weissmann, along with lawyers from the CPS and a number of officers from the DPS all prosecuted my client knowing he was innocent.'
The evidence, he went on, showed that 'prosecuting counsel lied to this court' in pre-trial hearings, and to the Court of Appeal. On 'multiple occasions', counsel had 'said one thing, knowing another'.
Legal experts said yesterday that for one QC to make allegations of this kind against colleagues was probably unprecedented. But Mr Kamlish said: 'Everything I said in court is fully supported by the evidence supplied by the prosecution and is in accordance with my professional duties and responsibilities.'
In charge: DPP Alison Saunders. The evidence of bribes was shown to the CPS, who chose not to use it in court
In charge: DPP Alison Saunders. The evidence of bribes was shown to the CPS, who chose not to use it in court
Friday's hearing at Southwark Crown Court concerned the Crown's attempt to confiscate Mr Ibori's property. But the legal battle is set to move to the Court of Appeal, where Mr Gohil has applied to reopen his money-laundering case. It is likely Mr Ibori and the other defendants will also mount fresh appeals.
The CPS intends to resist them, insisting that, despite the evidence of police corruption, the convictions are 'safe'.
Mr Gohil said he remained hopeful of the outcome: 'I have lost well over £1 million through this, as well as five years of my liberty. But I am still with my long-term partner and my friends have stood by me. I've never even had a parking ticket. I am not a criminal.'
Ms Wass said that when she told the Court of Appeal there was no evidence to support the corruption allegations, she had been 'assured by the police that the intelligence that the officer had received payment in return for information had been investigated and dismissed. On that basis, there was nothing adverse to disclose to the court'.
The CPS spokesman said Ms Wass is no longer prosecuting cases for the CPS and has 'returned the briefs' in all the cases where she has been instructed. However, she is currently working to prosecute a major case for the Serious Fraud Office.
The Met said it could not comment while proceedings remain active. Mr McDonald has always insisted he is innocent of corruption and was not charged as a result of the Met's internal investigation.
Since the Ibori case, he has been promoted to detective sergeant and remains a serving officer.
RISC Management has always denied that it paid money to police officers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4MhXdEjPx

ENDE

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8600&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   MoS9-10-16RISCManCPSMet.jpg (Size: 420.42 KB / Downloads: 18)
I got another "rapist" reference last night. Small beer for "the most evil man in the universe" >wibble<

Sex pest police who abuse their positions to prey on vulnerable victims will be charged with a criminal offence if new law is given the go-ahead amid concerns as 150 officers are under investigation
Forces are looking into more than 150 cases of alleged sexual misconduct;
400 members of the public have made complaints over the past five years;
Some forces had doled out only minor punishments to officers ;
By HANNAH AL-OTHMAN FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 12:02, 22 October 2016 | UPDATED: 13:42, 22 October 2016

The government is considering introducing a new law to punish sex pest police officers, amid concerns that many predators are going unpunished.
Across the country, forces are looking into more than 150 cases of alleged sexual misconduct by police, while 400 members of the public have made complaints over the past five years, research by the Times revealed.
Many of the officers have been accused of harassing, sexually assaulting or raping women after they came forward to reported a crime, with some targeting victims within police station walls.
In May, then Home Secretary Theresa May acknowledged that officers with 'shameful attitudes' were striking up sexual relationships with vulnerable victims, and ordered an inquiry into the issue.
The Law Commission, an independent body that recommends legal reforms to the government, will consider instigating tougher punishments for officers who abuse their position to prey on victims.
The Times investigation, which relied on Freedom of Information data, revealed that at least 156 sexual misconduct inquiries were ongoing in England, Scotland and Wales - although with only a quarter of forces acknowledging live cases, the scale of the problem is likely to be much larger.
The Freedom of Information requests also revealed that some forces had doled out only minor punishments to officers accused of serious sexual misconduct, including those who had had relationships with victims.
Policing watchdog the Independent Police Complaints Commission has in two and half years received almost 200 referrals of cases in which officers have been accused of exploiting their position for sexual gain - eight of which are currently ongoing.
Recent cases include that of West Midlands Police officer Steve Walters, who sexually assaulted two women while on duty was jailed for four years, and Hertfordshire PC Simon Salway, who was trained to work with victims of domestic violence and targeted women after they had contacted the police for help.
Married Salway was found guilty of six charges of misconduct in a public office in relation to five different women, including one who had a relationship with him and went on to have his baby, and jailed for three years.
The Times also revealed that West Midlands police force harboured prolific paedophile Allan Richards within its ranks for years.
Richards was kept on by the force despite being expelled from the Scout movement after concerns were raised that he was sexually abusing young boys.
He was convicted yesterday of 40 offences against 17 boys during a campaign of abuse spanning four decades.
Earlier this year Mrs May revealed she had asked Sir Tom Windsor, the chief inspector of constabulary to head up investigations into the issue.
'We do not know the true scale of this, but everyone in this room will know it goes on far more than we might care to admit,' she told the Police Federation's annual conference.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4OIkzEbRc

-not exactly, 'secret police dribbles', but worth a post, considering-. [oh, neuralgic above the right temple, quelle-fucking-surprise, makes a change from the 30-odd screwdriver-pressed-into-the-scalp-&-twisted-thru'-90degrees,that I was getting last night/this morning/as I woke-up].
  • Interesting report on BBC 'Thinking Allowed' the other day, on 'Blacklisting'; I get this ref all the time, "black" & "job(s)", carrying that ref on from c.2009/2010 from 'Ben' - "They lose people their jobs"; alot of auditories thru' listening to the report too; under heading 'Hoods' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qy05...nloads.rss .

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8674&stc=1]

"They were "horrible and demeaning", Georgia Wood says of the police officers who strip-searched her when she was just 12 years old.She remembers being taken into police custody in south Wales eight years ago by officers who suspected her mother of possessing drugs.
"They didn't explain to me until we got to the police station. And they literally just said 'this is what's going to happen and we're going to do it'."
"For someone to just be so horrible and demeaning, I just thought 'well, if I'm meant to respect my elders, aren't my elders meant to respect me'?" she told BBC Radio 5 live Investigates.

"And I really didn't feel respected in that situation."

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8675&stc=1]

Really stood-out on BBC txt for a few hours, as it had a whole 7 pages under 'Main News Headlines' & 'UK News'- never seen more than 2 pages, outside of 'Newspaper Headlines' section. Seemed to get all-but dropped from the broadcast news.

"We enjoy watching you walk thru' town, naked"... the Woolies pick'n'mix priggish-prurience of the extreme authoritarian basket cases.

Attached Files
.jpg   BBCThinkingAllowed-Blacklisting.jpg (Size: 408.39 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   BBC5LiveInvestigates-PoliceStripSearching.jpg (Size: 372.2 KB / Downloads: 12)
Refs in bold to interesting document from Belligcat that i found yesterday whilst looking for info on 'Lord Stevens' threat to blow the lid on the 'phone hacking scandal & cover-up if he was given any more gyp; I couldn't/didn't find any news reports on that, but I remember it clearly in broadcast news reports: What these highlighted refs tell, is that the ppl who are literally plugged into my mind(cortical modem effect), body & my home - ie. the tv feed, are very closely acquainted with these matters:

[size=12]Revealed: How The Metropolitan Police Covered-Up For Rupert Murdoch's News International
-
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-e...rnational/ June 22, 2015 By Bellingcat By Joe Public

A Bellingcat and Byline investigation can for the first time reveal Scotland Yard had intelligence Mazher Mahmood was corrupting police officers as far back as the summer of 2000.
The Yard's 1999/2000 Operation Two Bridges had surveillance on Mahmood in The Victory pub, in Thornton Heath, south London by CIB3 officers (also known as the Ghost Squad), who were working from London's Belgravia police station. An intelligence report dated 26th September 1999 damningly states:
While in the company of Rees, Maz' was with a plain clothes officer aged about 45 officer was selling a story to Maz about inter-race marriage and the payment in dowry in the form of livestock.
The Rees' mentioned in the intelligence report is private investigator Jonathan Rees from Southern Investigations. The Victory, a rundown pub in Gillet Street, Thornton Heath, is no longer there but was frequented by corrupt police officers, private detectives and journalists who often met there.

This is significant because it confirms there was a corruption cover-up by the Metropolitan Police (MPS), not only concerning Mahmood who's currently under police investigation for alleged perjury, but also reveals the true extent of Scotland Yard's knowledge of the wider corruption between private investigators (Southern Investigation), News International, and MPS officers stretching back 16 years and their failure to break up the criminal nexus.

As a direct result of this, it also confirms that both phone hacking and the interference of the Daniel Morgan murder investigations in 2002 by News of the World could have been prevented had the police acted on intelligence they possessed.

Far from acting, in December 2000, after Rees was found guilty and convicted on a totally separate charge (of conspiring to plant cocaine on an innocent mother to discredit her in a child custody battle and was sentenced to seven years imprisonment for attempting to prevent the course of justice), the MPS astonishingly DROPPED Operation Two Bridges, and when Rees walked out of prison, he was rehired by Andy Coulson for News of the World after serving his sentence and on a £150,000 salary as if nothing had ever happened.

Such is the gravity of that single decision by the police not to pursue Operation Two Bridges, that it would later come back and personally haunt the sitting Prime Minister David Cameron when the phone hacking scandal erupted over a decade later in the summer of 2011: his judgment acutely questioned for taking Coulson into government as Director of Communications after Coulson had hired Rees. The News International scandal soon became a Conservative Party scandal too.

Initially, the MPS launched Operation Nigeria in 1999 to infiltrate the agency Southern Investigations and its premises to advance the investigation into the murder of private investigator Daniel Morgan, who was murdered in the car park of The Golden Lion pub in Sydenham South London with a blow to the head with an axe in March 1987. The axe used to kill him struck with such force it was left embedded in Morgan's face.

Rees and Morgan, who had been business partners of Southern Investigations in nearby Thornton Heath since 1984 had been drinking together at the Golden Lion pub on the night of Morgan's murder. Morgan started the agency and once established he took on Rees. Morgan's brother Alastair told The Daily Beast in 2013 that his brother had become suspicious of Rees and concerned about police corruption. He was preparing to expose corrupt local police officers to the News of the World according to colleague Brian Maddigan

After the murder, Detective Sergeant Sid Fillery from the local police station in Catford was assigned to the case. Already even by this point the investigation was severely compromised by Fillery who failed to disclose to his superiors he had been moonlighting for Southern Investigation. When Fillery took a statement from Rees, it did not include that both himself and Rees had been drinking with Morgan the previous night in the same pub or details of a robbery from the previous year in which Rees had claimed to have been robbed of £18,000 takings from a cash job at an auction house that Morgan did not want to take. Rees took on the job using off-duty police friends moonlighting.
Tony Thompson reported in the Observer in 2004:
Rees took the money to a local bank, but discovered the night safe had been glued shut. He decided to take it home, but claimed it was stolen on his doorstep by two men who sprayed noxious liquid in his face. No one was ever caught in connection with the robbery. Many believed the attack was a sham, including the car auction company, which demanded the return of its money. Rees agreed to repay the cash and wanted to take it from the Southern Investigations company account, but Morgan refused to allow him to do so, arguing that the loss had been down to Rees alone. Desperate to take control of the company, Rees allegedly tried on several occasions to have Morgan arrested for drink-driving, knowing that if he lost his licence he would have to give up working at the agency, but to no avail.
Observer's report went on to quote a witness statement given to a inquest hearing of the murder in 1988 of an employee of Southern Investigations, Kevin Lennon:
According to Lennon's statement, read at the inquest, Rees soon decided his only option was to have Morgan killed. John Rees explained that, when or after Daniel Morgan had been killed, he would be replaced by a friend of his who was a serving policeman, Detective Sergeant Sid Fillery.' Lennon also told the inquest that Rees said to him: I've got the perfect solution for Daniel's murder. My mates at Catford nick are going to arrange it.' Lennon added: He went on to explain to me that if they didn't do it themselves the police would arrange for some person over whom they had some criminal charge pending to carry out Daniel's murder.'
In the hours after Daniel's death a murder inquiry was launched headed by Detective Superintendent Douglas Campbell. One of the detectives assigned to the squad was none other than Detective Sergeant Fillery.
Roger Williams MP told the House of Commons: Not only was Sid Fillery among those officers, but he played a key role in the initial murder inquiry during the first four so-called golden days before he was required to withdraw from the murder squad for reasons of personal involvement with the primary suspect, Jonathan Rees. During those four days, Fillery was given the opportunity to manage the first interview under caution with Rees, and to take possession of key incriminating files from the premises of Southern Investigations Ltd, including Daniel's diary, which has never since been found.'
Subsequently, there have been four further police inquiries investigating the murder in nearly three decades since costing the taxpayer nearly £30m. However, nobody has ever been convicted and the suspects have always remained the same: Rees, Fillery, Vian brothers Gerry and Glenn and later the getaway driver, James Cook.

In May 2013, the Home Secretary, Theresa May announced that the Government was setting up the Daniel Morgan Independent Panel to review police handling of the murder investigation including:

police involvement in Daniel Morgan's murder;
the role played by police corruption in protecting those responsible for the murder from being brought to justice and the failure to confront that corruption; and
the incidence of connections between private investigators, police officers and journalists at the News of the Worldand other parts of the media, and alleged corruption involved in the linkages between them

It was in the midst of a bugging operation at Southern Investigations during Operation Nigeria that police became aware of amongst others, two specific journalists using the agency: Alex Marunchak and Mazher Mahmood ["Fake Sheikh"]both of News of the World. They launched Operation Two Bridges (an Operation Nigeria spin-off) and further discovered Marunchak was the middleman between Southern Investigations and News of the World. In fact he was so close to Rees, they even registered companies at the same address in Thornton Heath.

Our investigation can further reveal police were in possession of phone records, letters, invoices and receipts going back and forth between Southern Investigations and News International going back many years. One invoice from Fillery addressed DIRECTLY to Mahmood. Dated 30th July 1999 read:

Dear Maz,
Further to our rather enjoyable operation to assist you in France and Belgium, I now take the liberty of enclosing a note of our charges. Our costs are quite high but I have taken such steps as practicable in order to reduce them. For instance, rather than charge our normal rate of 44p each mile, I've reduced our time spent traveling to and fro on the ferry. I've only charged sufficient to cover fuel and costs. You will see I was obliged to pay an extra £24 to the ferry company in order for us to take a later ferry, although of course, it was cheaper to do this than simply pay for Mel and I to be waiting around in Calais.

Best regards Sid

Fillery's letter certainly gives the impression Mahmood and Fillery enjoyed a rather friendly working relationship. The Mel' mentioned in the letter is believed to be former police officer Melvyn Heraty, who also worked for Southern Investigation.

Another piece of police intelligence that can also be revealed for the first time is a request for security made dated 29th April 1999 by Marunchak on behalf of Mahmood, who was due to appear in court as the prosecution witness in actor John Alford's cocaine "sting" set-up by Mahmood at the Savoy Hotel in 1997. It is believed one of the Morgan murder suspects were hired as Mahmood's security at the trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court. Alford was sentenced in May 1999. He was found guilty of supplying the drug to Mahmood but Alford still maintains to this day he is innocent and that he was targeted and entrapped by Mahmood. He is currently appealing against his conviction and has referred his case to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC).

His lawyer Siobhain Egan said of our investigations:

It is as we have long suspected that the Met knew and repressed information about corrupt relationships between their officers, employees of The News of the World and Southern Investigations. This information was deliberately repressed by the Metropolitan police and should have been disclosed to those representing defendants in the so called "stings" orchestrated by Mazher Mahmood. It is information which should be immediately disclosed to those lawyers advising relevant convicted individuals whose cases are now before the CCRC, and the Daniel Morgan Investigation Panel.

It was Assistant Commissioner Bob Quick at the Metropolitan Police who led both Operation Nigeria and Operation Two Bridges and reported directly up to Assistant Commissioner Andy Hayman.

They both appeared at the Leveson Inquiry in March 2012. Quick submitted a written statement which covered his role in Operations Nigeria and Two Bridges. Of all the core participants who appeared at the inquiry, four paragraphs in Quick's statement are arguably the most relevant, insightful, as well as the most overlooked evidence given:

During 1999, Anti-Corruption Command was conducting an operation, code named, Operation Nigeria, which was a covert infiltration of office premises operated by Southern Investigations whose proprietors were two men, Jonathan Rees and Sidney Fillery. Both were suspected of involvement of a former partner in the company, Daniel Morgan, who was murdered with an axe in a pub car park in Sydenham in 1987. Fillery had been a former police detective and had worked on the original murder investigation. The objective of this operation was to advance the investigation into the Morgan murder. During the course of Operation Nigeria, it became clear, amongst other criminal activities, Southern Investigations was acting as a clearing house for stories for certain newspapers.

Many of these stories were being leaked by police officers who were already suspected of corruption or by unknown officers connected to officers suspected of corruption, who were found to have a relationship with Southern Investigations. A number of journalists were identified as having direct relationships with Southern Investigations. To the best of my recollection these included journalists from papers like The Sun and News of the World but may have included other newspapers. My recollection is one of the journalists suspected was [REDACTED] an executive with News of the World. During the operation it became clear that officers were being paid sums of between £500 and £2000 for stories about celebrities, politicians, and the Royal Family, as well as police investigations.

Matters in Operation Nigeria were brought to a head when evidence emerged that Rees was conspiring with a known criminal to plant cocaine on the criminal's wife in order to have her prosecuted so as to enable the criminal to win a custody battle over their one year old child. The Operation Nigeria investigations revealed that this conspiracy involved two corrupt Metropolitan police detectives who were actively involved in attempting to pervert the course of justice in order to ensure the conviction and imprisonment of an innocent woman. These events precipitated the end of Operation Nigeria as police were forced to intervene and arrest those involved, thereby revealing Southern Investigations had been infiltrated covertly by police. Rees, two know criminals, and two detectives were arrested and subsequently convicted and imprisoned for these crimes.

Following these events and as a result of Operation Nigeria, in around 2000, I wrote a short report highlighting the role of journalists in promoting corrupt relationships with, and making corrupt payments to officers for stories about famous people and high profile investigations in the MPS. Despite detailed archive searches, the MPS have been unable to provide me with a copy; ordinarily material of this nature would have been destroyed after six years. In my report, I recommended the commencement of an investigation into such activities. I believe my report also names some newspapers but I cannot recall which ones. I proposed an investigation of these newspapers/officers on the basis that I believed that the journalists were not paying bribes out of their own pockets but were either falsely accounting for their expenses and therefore defrauding their employers or, that the newspaper organisations were aware of the reasons for the payments and were themselves complicit in making corrupt payments to police officers.

Quick continues:

I submitted my report to Commander Hayman, who was at the time the head of MPS Professional Standards Department (DPS) and the person I reported to directly. I recall speaking to Hayman about these matters and that he had reservations based on potential evidential difficulties pertaining to privileged material (journalistic material). I did not believe that the circumstances in which these stories were being obtained offered the facility to hide behind the legal protections available to journalists and I recall debating this with him. I'm unable to say whether commander Hayman referred this matter further up the command chain although I was under the impression he had. I did not sense much appetite to launch such an investigation although I felt Hayman was sincere in his reservations at the time. I do recall Hayman making a suggestion that he should visit a particular editor or newspaper and confront them with this intelligence but I do not know what action was taken in this regard.

On close inspection, what Assistant Commander Quick told Leveson was truly remarkable: he was blocked from investigating and prosecuting corrupt police officers and journalists by Commander Hayman and/or "further up the command chain" that would be the Commissioner himself: John Stevens.

When Commander Andy Hayman submitted his written evidence to the Leveson inquiry, he makes no mention of either Operation Nigeria or Operation Two Bridges, but that's not where the curiosity ends:

Q (33): To what extent were leaks from the Metropolitan Police Service to the media a problem during your career with the MPS?

Andy Hayman: At the MPS it is the DPS that would investigate reported or suspected leaks to the press or bribery by the press concerning officers. I am informed that during my time as Commander DPS from September 2000 to April 2001 and as Deputy Assistant Commissioner for DPS from April 2002 to December 2002 there was one public complaint made alleging leakage of information to the media by an officer and the result of that investigation that followed was that the complaint was unsubstantiated. I do recall one successful leak investigation which occurred in my time as ACSO and was led by my then Deputy, Peter Clarke. This investigation, which was resource- intensive, resulted in a member of staff being convicted.

Q (34): What systems and procedures were in place to identify, respond to and detect the source of the leaks?

Andy Hayman: Given the size of the MPS and the volume of valuable information it holds, leaks to the media might unfortunately always be a risk, albeit to a small extent.

Q (35): What payments (if any) were considered to be legitimate financial transactions between MPS personnel and the media?

Andy Hayman: I understand that the current Commissioner has included details in his statement of the current regime at the MPS to deal with inappropriate disclosures to the media

Q (90) What levels of awareness and experience were there in the Metropolitan Police Service of "media crime" and in particular: (A) unlawful interception of communications (including the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act); (B) bribery of officials by the media; © blackmail; (D) harassment by paparazzi and journalists; (E) traffic and/or public order offences committed by photographers pursuing stories; (F) inciting officials to communicate confidential information held by the MPS/ conspiring with them to obtain such information; and (G) crime within media organizations other than the foregoing (e.g. dishonest expenses claims)?

Andy Hayman: The term "media crime" is not a term I recall as part of operational police terminology. However there are a lot of very experienced officers at the MPS who would have a thorough knowledge of the offences mentioned. Any of the matters listed in the question would be dealt with as an individual allegation, and the relevance of any "media" aspect would be addressed on a case-by-case basis. This might mean seeking guidance from the DPA or restricting access to Crime Reporting Information System (CRIS) or Criminal Intelligence System (CRIMINT) if the matter is sensitive.

Q (91): What sort of priority was given to, and what level of resources are available to deal with the above? (Question 90)

Andy Hayman: Resources for all investigations would be a local matter first and foremost and would depend upon the priority levels set for the type of crime under local policy. For example, It is likely that traffic or public order offences committed by photographers or journalists pursuing stories would be dealt with by borough but leaks to the media would be handled by DPS.

Commissioner John Stevens (now Lord Stevens) also appeared at the Leveson Inquiry in March 2012. The relevant part of his written statement on leaks follows:

Q (31): To what extent were leaks from the MPS to the media a problem during your service with the MPS?

Lord Stevens: I have had considerable experience with problems of leaks of confidential information to the media from my experiences in Northern Ireland and the NCIS Inquiry. On at least one occasion, we had to deal with the issue of leaks immediately prior to making significant arrests. On the plane returning to Belfast we were informed by journalists that they were covering the arrests for the following day. As a result, I was forced to delay the operation by 24 hours. Such leaks in a hostile environment like Northern Ireland could have potentially have life threatening consequences and therefore I was always mindful of them. Inadvertent or deliberate leaking could also severely prejudice the investigations. On this occasion it was known elements in the Security forces were responsible for these leaks (oddly, Lord Stevens makes no mention of leaks at the MPS, as the question asks).

Q (32): What systems and procedures were in place to identify, respond to and detect the sources of leaks?

Lord Stevens: To the best of my recollection during my time as commissioner I was not aware of any specific cases of leaks to the media by individual officers.

Q (33): Whilst you were Commissioner, how many investigations were conducted into actual or suspected leaks from the MPS and how many led to the successful identification of the source of the leak. What was the outcome of the other investigations?

Lord Stevens: Ordinarily, any cases involving leaks to the media would be referred to the Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS), in my time under deputy commissioner Blair. The general stance was that officers who leaked information should be dealt with by the existing disciplinary process and where appropriate arrested and prosecuted. In any organisation as large as the MPS there will always be some that will leak information and use it for their advantage for financial gain. These officers and staff should be ruthlessly weeded out.

Q (34): Was disciplinary action taken against any member of staff (whether civilian or police officer) for leaking information to the media whilst you were commissioner? If so, please identify the number of cases and their outcome. There is no need to identify the person or persons the subject of disciplinary process.

Lord Stevens: During my time as commissioner, there was no leak that could not be dealt with through normal chain of command (referral to DPS) and there was no need to instigate any formal inquiries.

Q (35): What payments (if any) were considered to be legitimate financial transactions between MPS personnel and the media?

Lord Stevens: I made it very clear in the new media policy 19-00 that the MPS would not tolerate any officer who disclosed information to the media for financial gain or favour. If any officer did so they would be dealt with using all the disciplinary and criminal process available. I also implemented a new policy for reporting wrongdoing within the MPS in 2004

Q (37): To what extent do you believe bribery of personnel by the media was a problem for the MPS (if at all)?

Lord Stevens: When i was commissioner there were concerns about bribery of personnel by the media. It was a continual battle to fight this form of corruption. Corruption was always a significant issue during my career, regardless of whether I was commissioner or fulfilling any other operational police role.

Lord Stevens' statement ironically goes on to say:

We used the media a great deal in our anti-corruption drive. Corrupt personnel read newspapers, watched TV and listened to the radio so we relied on the media to get out anti-corruption message across.

But during Lord Stevens' cross-examination by the leading counsel for the Leveson Inquiry Robert Jay QC, an astonishing exchange developed:

Robert Jay QC: Were you aware, at the time when you were Deputy Commissioner and/or Commissioner, that the News of the World were extensively using a private investigation company called Southern Investigations?

Lord Stevens: No.

Robert Jay QC: Did there ever come a time when you were aware of that?

Robert Jay QC: So does this follow: that you weren't aware that the News of the World made extensive use of Southern Investigations illegally to obtain information about police officers?

Robert Jay QC: You say in your book: "At the end of the 1990s, an independent detective agency called Southern Investigations, based in Sydenham, was frequently coming up on the anti-corruption squad's radar." So when did you become aware of that?

Lord Stevens: As Deputy Commissioner, a presentation was made to me to try and get a probe into Southern Investigations' offices.

Robert Jay QC: …Your book goes on to say: "Eventually, it became possible to monitor conversations and the hidden microphones picked up much intelligence about the activities going on inside. Via the agency, corrupt officers were selling stories about their investigations to newspapers and being paid quite handsome amounts of money, an unsavory business all around."

Lord Stevens: Yes.

Robert Jay QC: So when did you become aware of that?

Lord Stevens: When prosecutions took place, and one or two people were successfully prosecuted.

Bellingcat has previously disclosed in the same year Assistant Commissioner Quick and his team were investigating Operations Nigeria and Two Bridges, Stevens had a lunch meeting with Dick Fedorcio, Rebekah Brooks and ALEX MARUNCHAK:

The incoming MPS Commissioner John Stevens wanted to encourage positive press through a closer relationship with national newspapers. His Director of Public Affairs, Dick Fedorcio was in favour of Stevens' new strategy. A key lunch meeting was convened early in 2000 comprising Stevens, Fedorcio, Rebekah Wade and Alex Marunchak. Was this the crucial point where MPS-NOTW common goals and mutual benefits were mapped out? What exactly was on the table for discussion? Who was grooming who? From that point, MPS and NOTW enjoyed a special relationship of collaboration, particularly in standing up Mazher Mahmood stings. Commissioner Stevens generous dealings with NOTW were not universally popular with hard-pressed working MPS police officers though:

One senior police officer recalls the sort of collaboration that went on with News International in the early 2000s. There was a time when they were all over us' he says. Mazher Mahmood was forever giving us jobs, and us coming in on the back of it. It was always a fait accompli, there was no question of us saying Hang on, is this one a sensible use of our time and resources? We just had to get on with it. The Commander at the time was quite aware of it. It was generally their management talking to our management, but it always came through a chain of command down to us on the shop floor.

It gets worse. Just two years after Operations Nigeria and Two Bridges in 2002, and in a period of two months between April and June events took place that will define the whole scandal: the hacking of school girl Milly Dowler and the surveillance of Detective Chief Superintendent David Cook who at the time was leading the Daniel Morgan murder case.

Phone hacking went on to grow on an industrial scale and to the point where even the Royal Family and their circle became targets. The police moved in but ONLY to prosecuted the Royal hackings and bury evidence up to 4,000 others including Dowler's. Who was overseeing the police operation? Commander Andy Hayman.

The MPS' line has always been resources were too stretched fighting terrorism, despite already having the evidence under their noses. It was through the sheer tenacity of the Guardian journalist Nick Davies with his front page revelation of the Dowler hacking that the dam finally burst for the MPS and News International.

Meanwhile, the surveillance of DCS Dave Cook was instigated by Alex Marunchak. In March 2012 he wrote in Press Gazzette:

I received information from a source that then minor BBC Crimewatch personality Jacqui Hames was having an affair with a senior officer who was appearing on her TV show.

For the avoidance of doubt, I did nothing to check this, because it was of no interest to me.

I did not look at cuttings, because I had no time, and I was editing the Irish News of the World. But I passed the tittle-tattle on to the London newsdesk as a bit of gossip, which had been passed on to me, and left it to them to deal with as they saw fit.

I do not know to this day what checks they carried out, if any at all, or indeed if they did anything about the information. Nor did I ask them to keep me posted with progress or developments. End of story.

But I do know that I did nothing more than have a 30 second conversation passing on the rumour to the London newsdesk and that was the end of my involvement.

Nick Davies wrote in the Guardian in 2011:

The targeting of Cook began following his appearance on BBC Crimewatch on 26 June 2002, when he appealed for information to solve the murder of Morgan, who had been found dead in south London 15 years earlier. Rees and Fillery were among the suspects. The following day, Cook was warned by the Yard that they had picked up intelligence that Fillery had been in touch with Marunchak and that Marunchak agreed to "sort Cook out". A few days later, Cook was contacted by Surrey police, where he had worked as a senior detective from 1996 to 2001, and was told that somebody claiming to work for the Inland Revenue had contacted their finance department, asking for Cook's home address so that they could send him a cheque with a tax refund. The finance department had been suspicious and refused to give out the information. It is now known that at that time, the News of the World's investigator, Glenn Mulcaire, succeeded in obtaining Cook's home address, his internal payroll number at the Metropolitan police, his date of birth and figures for the amount that he and his wife were paying for their mortgage. All of this appears to have been blagged by Mulcaire from confidential databases, apparently including the Met's own records. Mulcaire obtained the mobile phone number for Cook's wife and the password she used for her mobile phone account. Paperwork in the possession of the Yard's Operation Weeting is believed to show that Mulcaire did this on the instructions of Greg Miskiw, the paper's assistant editor and a close friend of Marunchak. About a week later, a van was seen parked outside Cook's home. The following day, two vans were seen there. Both of them attempted to follow Cook as he took his two-year-old son to nursery. Cook alerted Scotland Yard, who sent a uniformed officer to stop one of the vans on the grounds that its rear brake light was broken. The driver proved to be a photojournalist working for the News of the World. Both vans were leased to the paper. During the same week, there were signs of an attempt to open letters which had been left in Cook's external postbox. Scotland Yard chose not to mount a formal inquiry. Instead a senior press officer contacted Brooks to ask for an explanation. She is understood to have told them they were investigating a report that Cook was having an affair with another officer, Jacqui Hames, the presenter of BBC Crimewatch. Yard sources say they rejected this explanation, because Cook had been married to Hames for some years; the couple had two children, then aged two and five; and they had previously appeared together as a married couple in published stories."The story was complete rubbish," according to one source.

Intriguingly, on the very same day Jacqui Hames appeared at the Leveson Inquiry to give evidence, the MPS press office released a statement that they had loaned a retired police horse to Rebekah Brooks. This diverted press coverage from Hames's evidence which was far more damaging. Hames broke down in tears and accused News International of colluding with Southern Investigations.

After their departure from the MPS, both Lord Stevens and Andy Hayman were hired to write columns for News International titles News of the World and The Times respectively.

When Rebekah Brooks stood in the newsroom and announced to staff the closure of News of the World in 2011, she told them:

In a year you will understand why we made this decision

Was Brooks implying there were more revelations to come besides phone hacking, and was it Operation Two Bridges?

Mark Lewis from Seddons, and lawyer for the Dowler family, remarks:

As the Fake Sheikh might have said "we've passed our file to the Police". Remember, Rebekah Brookes warned that there was worse to come, we're still at the entrance, what's inside is far murkier. The extent of cover up, corruption and collusion is astonishing. Truth will out.

Dr Evan Harris, Associate Director of Hacked Off, said:

These revelations show just how important it will be for the second part of the Leveson Inquiry to take place after all the criminal trials on hacking matters have taken place. The first part of the Leveson Inquiry was prevented from looking into relationship between the police and press because of impending prosecutions, but there can be no more serious allegations than those of large-scale police corruption, and multiple cover-ups.

Share this article:

Bellingcat
2 Comments

Nigel Cheffers-Heard - June 23, 2015

The truth will out, and I hope Daniel will see justice at last. As for Rebekah and Co… let slip the dogs of war.
John Alford - June 23, 2015

Wow . You can't hide the truth forever. Damned by there own lies . Corrupt ,scum of the world!!![/SIZE]
"Catford" ref - why tf would I get a reference to 'Catford'... ffs
Cleveland Police accused of using RIPA to seize phone records of three Northern Echo journalists in leak probe - http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/cleveland-...eak-probe/
By William Turvill Twitter NOVEMBER 16, 2015

Cleveland Police has been accused of accessing the phone records of three regional newspaper journalists.
The force allegedly used the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act to grab the telecoms records of the Northern Echo journalists as part of a leak investigation.
The Police Federation union is understood to have made a complaint about Cleveland Police to the Independent Police Complaints Commission over the seizure of six individuals' records, including the three reporters.
In response to the allegations that his journalists' records were targeted, Northern Echo editor Peter Barron said: "These allegations are a matter of serious concern that a police force should apparently go to these lengths to identify the source of a story which was clearly in the public interest.
"This is surely not what the legislation was intended to do and the fact that Cleveland Police will neither confirm nor deny the allegations adds to our concerns."
According to the Northern Echo, the leak investigation related to a 2012 story revealing an internal report had uncovered "elements of institutional racism".
Cleveland Police is also alleged to have obtained the phone records of a police officer, who was suspected of being the whistleblower behind the story, the then chair of the Cleveland Police Federation Steve Matthews and a solicitor for the Federation.
Cleveland Police said in a statement: "The acquisition and disclosure of communications data is governed by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. Cleveland Police applies the act and relevant guidance when determining whether to make use of various RIPA authorities in support of the investigation of criminal offences. Each year the Interception of Communication Commissioners [sic] Office examine our compliance with the act.
"We are aware that an individual has provided information to the Police Federation of England and Wales, through the local Federation Chairman, regarding their opinion of how Cleveland Police applies the law and guidance relating to (RIPA). The PFEW have passed this information to the IPCC who will in due course determine their next steps."
Last year, Cleveland Police emerged as the fifth force to have used RIPA to obtain journalistic phone records to identify a source. This was after a mistaken Freedom of Information Act disclosure to Press Gazette.
The first case of a police force secretly obtaining journalistic phone records to find sources emerged in September 2014. Then, the Metropolitan Police admitted to obtaining Sun phone records to find the source of its Plebgate story.
Subsequently, Press Gazette revealed that the Kent/ Essex, Suffolk and Thames Valley forces had used RIPA in similar circumstances.
In response, Press Gazette launched the Save Our Sources campaign, which called on the Interception of Communications Commissioner's Office to require police forces to obtain judicial approval before obtaining journalistic records in this way. The law was changed in March this year as a result.
Citing the Save Our Sources petition, the Interception of Communications Commisioner's Office held an investigation into police use of RIPA to find journalistic sources at the end of last year. When published in February, it revealed that 19 forces had used RIPA in this way to obtain the records of 82 journalists over a three-year period. However, the 19 police forces have not been named by IOCCO.
Overall, there were 105 journalists at the centre of leak investigations reported to IOCCO, with 78 per cent having their own records obtained. Some 19 of the 105 were listed as working in the local/ regional press.
The draft Investigatory Powers Bill sets out in law new protections intended to stop police accessing journalists' call records in order to identify their sources.
But there is concern from within the journalism industry that the new protections do not go far enough.
The new law will replace an interim addition to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act passed in March this year following Press Gazette's Save Our Sources campaign.
The draft bill states that police forces must get the approval of a "judicial commissioner" before accessing the communications data of a journalist in order to identify a source.
Related Stories
A History Of Scandal at Cleveland Police - from the Northern Echo, 17Dec'16

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8818&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8819&stc=1]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8820&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   NORTHERNECHOAHistoryOfScandalAtClevelandPolice.jpg (Size: 872.76 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   NorthernEchoClevendCopsRIPA 1.jpg (Size: 276.97 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   NorthernEchoClevelandCops 2.jpg (Size: 204.97 KB / Downloads: 6)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London shoot-out: Inside the CIA's secret war plans against WikiLeaks Magda Hassan 5 2,955 30-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Murdered Cambridge student 'was killed by Egyptian secret services' Danny Jarman 2 6,131 11-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  A Secret "Black Site" Revealed In Chicago Lauren Johnson 4 4,345 26-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Secret flight linking Israel to the UAE reveals 'open secret' of collaboration Magda Hassan 0 3,224 23-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  John le Carre on the threat posed by secret services David Guyatt 8 8,120 05-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The US had a secret surveillance group in Oslo Christer Forslund 11 7,701 16-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Gitmo murder cover up - secret CIA "dry-boarding" torture the cause David Guyatt 0 2,389 11-10-2014, 09:13 AM
  BBC loses confidential information on secret British army unit David Guyatt 0 2,305 03-07-2014, 08:11 AM
  The secret role of the Dutch in the American war on terror Magda Hassan 1 3,017 08-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Germany shocked by secret service link to rightwing terror cell Bernice Moore 11 6,612 28-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski