Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"...Now Donald Trump's Betrayal Is Complete..."
::darthvader::

"...Now Donald Trump's Betrayal Is Complete..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

Donald Trump has now abandoned his previous pledges to avoid accepting donations from billionaires. He has today (according to the Washington Post and NPR) formed super pacs with the RNC to accept donations of upwards of $400,000 for his campaign (money to be shared with other Republicans). If you are one of the millions of people that believed Trump (back in 2015) when he pledged not to use super-pacs and called for all the other candidates to do the same, and return all the donations, you are now clearly seeing what will inevitably be a long downhill slide from one of the few solidly good populist ideas that Trump's been (as it turns out, hypocritically) pushing.

As the Republicans remake Trump in their image, I expect more such betrayals.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
For me almost every important pledge he has made will ultimately be betrayed - for example, watch foreign policy statements change and modify. You don't get to be president of the USA otherwise.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:For me almost every important pledge he has made will ultimately be betrayed - for example, watch foreign policy statements change and modify. You don't get to be president of the USA otherwise.

I think Trump is naive and stupid enough to think he can be 'CEO' of USA Corp. and rule as he is used to in the boardroom.....he will learn soon enough that is not how it works - whether elected or not...I think not....and even more hope not.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
It is hard to know what he believes since it changes like the wind. I think he just says what ever he feels is expedient at the moment. Scary how popular he is.
And the system is rigged for Killary. I think the Donald can beat her. But polls show Sanders would beat Trump. This is one weird election cycle.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:It is hard to know what he believes since it changes like the wind. I think he just says what ever he feels is expedient at the moment. Scary how popular he is.
And the system is rigged for Killary. I think the Donald can beat her. But polls show Sanders would beat Trump. This is one weird election cycle.

Yes, amazingly all polls I've seen [and polls are usually biased toward the right for a variety of reasons] show Sanders beating Trump; but Hillary struggling to or not beating Trump.... Yet, the Democratic Party seems to be trying hard to see that Hillary is their candidate and throwing Sanders to the junk heap of leftie history. I've seen no polls if Sanders becomes a third party candidate. Trump as President is a frightening thought even to many Republicans. Hillary as President will be like her husband's term, but more so [i.e. horrible]. Only Sanders offers something different and hopeful, but powerful forces are set against him and his grassroots support [can't have any of that.....d-e-m-o-c-r-a-c-y from below!]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Dawn Meredith Wrote:It is hard to know what he believes since it changes like the wind. I think he just says what ever he feels is expedient at the moment. Scary how popular he is.

I still subscribe to the theory that The Donald is Hillary's best bet to win. If he picks Pailin as VP, it's a sure thing.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump the "Painted Face" of Kissinger and David Rockefeller? David Guyatt 3 9,784 11-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Make America Obamaless Again! What Trump Can Do Garry McNeil 1 14,389 15-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Goldman-Sachs weighs in on the 2016 election by banning contributions to Trump. Drew Phipps 0 4,235 08-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Are the people announcing thier support for Trump really trying to destroy his candidacy? Drew Phipps 2 4,875 24-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Hilary Clinton's amazing claim about Donald Trump, once false, now true. Drew Phipps 5 10,991 20-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Trump's poll success is merely a measure of how effective the neo-con fear mongering really was. Drew Phipps 4 7,999 11-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke