Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unarmed Black Man Shot by Police! Haven't we seen this before...all too often?!

Police Have A New One: Caretaking An Autistic Patient While Black

by
Abby Zimet, staff writer

21 Comments
[Image: shotcops2016-07-21t12-06-52-466z-1280x72...esktop.jpg]
Man. Even as Repubs shamelessly fan the flames of a divided nation, police in North Miami shot an unarmed black behavioral therapist trying to calm an agitated autistic patient playing with a toy truck, even though the caregiver was lying on the ground with both arms in the air. Therapist Charles Kinsey was trying to quiet the patient, who had run away from a group home, when cops showed up after a reported 911 call about someone threatening to commit suicide. Cell phone video captures the therapist and patient in the middle of the road; cops point their guns at them as Kinsey clearly identifies the white man as his patient, tries to quiet him - "Rinaldo, please be still...Sit down, Rinaldo. Lay on your stomach" - explains the man only has a toy truck and vainly insists to police, "Sir, there's no need for firearms." Because this is America - motto: Shoot First, Think Later But Only Maybe - a cop then shot three times, hitting Kinsey in the leg.
"I was really more worried about (the patient) than myself," Kinsey recalled later at the hospital. "I was thinking as long as I have my hands up, they're not going to shoot me... Wow, was I wrong." After he was shot, three cops flipped him face down on the ground, put cuffs on him, and left him bleeding for 20 minutes in the road while a rescue squad was called. Cell phone video by an onlooker captures the moments before and after the shooting; at the end, the person filming muses, "Why they shoot the black boy and not the fat boy?" Wednesday evening the Circle of Brotherhood, a local group that includes Kinsey and works to solve community problems, gathered outside the Police Department to demand answers. Police will only say they are investigating. Really? Perhaps they should investigate what's going on right now at the fear-mongering, hate-fostering, us-vs-them-themed GOP confab. Or maybe investigate these telling intern selfies of two world views and what each says about an inclusiveness that rejects the lethal concept of "the other" to focus on our shared humanity, thus making less likely the pointless, panicked shooting of innocent people, helping others, in the street.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8484&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   handsup.jpg (Size: 7.73 KB / Downloads: 11)
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
It just seems the US cops are a bunch of psychotic paranoid juveniles with not training and no IQ at all.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:It just seems the US cops are a bunch of psychotic paranoid juveniles with not training and no IQ at all.

You only left out racist.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:It just seems the US cops are a bunch of psychotic paranoid juveniles with not training and no IQ at all.

:Kkk: Of course, sorry.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

It is actually worse than the story above details. The Black man was a trained therapist for the developmentally challenged and was helping his patient. He is OBVIOUSLY NO TREAT to the police and unarmed. The mentally challenged man is obviously so, and was fondling a toy truck. However, in 'explaining' what happened, the police spokesman said the police officer who fired had tried to shoot the mentally challenged man, but missed and thus struck the therapist in the leg. It is lucky that both were not killed. After being shot, as is normal, rather than get them medical care, they were both handcuffed and allowed to lie there a long time, the therapist bleeding badly. There was zero reason to shoot either or even approach with a gun. The Police in the USA are SICK...and the 'only a few bad apples' line is a lie.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

It is actually worse than the story above details. The Black man was a trained therapist for the developmentally challenged and was helping his patient. He is OBVIOUSLY NO TREAT to the police and unarmed. The mentally challenged man is obviously so, and was fondling a toy truck.

The provocative f*ckers. They both obviously had it coming.

Sir Herbert
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Paul Rigby Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:You only left out racist.

It is actually worse than the story above details. The Black man was a trained therapist for the developmentally challenged and was helping his patient. He is OBVIOUSLY NO TREAT to the police and unarmed. The mentally challenged man is obviously so, and was fondling a toy truck.

The provocative f*ckers. They both obviously had it coming.

Sir Herbert

Neither was white nor did they have American flags on them...so they had it coming for sure.
The police said they meant to shoot the child. That makes it all right then. ::fury::

Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

It is actually worse than the story above details. The Black man was a trained therapist for the developmentally challenged and was helping his patient. He is OBVIOUSLY NO TREAT to the police and unarmed. The mentally challenged man is obviously so, and was fondling a toy truck. However, in 'explaining' what happened, the police spokesman said the police officer who fired had tried to shoot the mentally challenged man, but missed and thus struck the therapist in the leg.

Yep, because an obviously mentally challenged guy clearly presenting an age-group of a child who was cuddling a toy truck was obviously a dangerous threat to society....

I wonder if it derives from the police manual for such incidents: "Don't know what to do? Shoot the fuckers. We'll sort it out later".
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dag Hammarskjöld: evidence suggests UN chief's plane was shot down Ed Jewett 18 29,200 09-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  1980: Itavia 870 shot down over Ustica/Italy Carsten Wiethoff 6 8,406 26-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Frank Taylor
  G20 case reveals 'largest ever' police spy operation Ed Jewett 3 7,436 02-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Harry Dean
  Abraham Lincoln created the Secret Service the day he was shot.. Bernice Moore 1 3,338 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore