Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Lateer's THE THREE BARONS: THE ORGANIZATIONAL CHART OF THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION
A new volume out in November from Trine Day. For the moment, it seems worth a look. Hopefully the research is sincere and well-considered. Trine Day have a few JFK books out, and some are better than others.

Forthcoming volumes from the publisher include a new volume by Douglas Caddy, and Jim DeBrosse's SEE NO EVIL: THE JFK ASSASSINATION AND THE U.S. MEDIA.

Quote:The Three Barons proves that it is possible (with enough research), to reconstruct the organizational chart of the JFK plot. This book provides the first useful, in-depth analysis of the 120 phone calls by LBJ in the week following the assassination regarding such items as the Civil Rights Act, demands made by the military and similar political power plays. The Three Barons presents the first use of statistical factor analysis to identify the plotters, using a database of 30 books and 1500 names and examines the military officers allegedly close to the plot, such as NATO Commander Gen. Lyman Lemnitzer, General Lauris Norstad, and JFK's advisor, Gen. Maxwell Taylor. For the first time, the National Security Council, its structure and its members, are scrutinized for their obvious role in the JFK plot. More specifically, The Three Barons explains the role of Treasury Secretary C. Douglas Dillon and his father, investment banker Clarence Dillon, who likely had fascist sympathies. This book identifies, for the first time, why there were three actual barons involved in the plot and why at least three members of the Warren Commission had powerful Nazi connections, beginning in WWII and continuing through November 22, 1963.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Barons-Orga...=trine+day

[Image: 61T9tgL5SQL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
Anthony:

Trine Day is also the backer of Judy Baker.

Although they do print some good works, they also publish some stuff that should not see the light of day.

LBJ's phone calls have been out there in book form for years by Beschloss. They have been declassified way before that.

It really worries me that authors and publishers have essentially inundated the public with so many JFK books that its hard to keep track of them, let alone read them all.

And so few of them deal with the newly declassified record.
I left a forthcoming Baker volume off my list of upcoming Trine / JFK books for purposes of quality control. After reading Walt Brown's horrified commentary about her tales in his DYNASTY ebook, it's clear that she's a writer of fiction.

Trine Day have some excellent titles in their library - they reprinted Hendrik's GREAT HEROIN COUP, recently published an admired book on Oklahoma, and have solid books on 9/11 by Mark Gaffney - but the Baker stuff brings down the imprint. I agree with you. We need more people doing the sort of stuff that Newman, Bill Simpich, yourself and a bare few others are up to.
Anthony Thorne Wrote:I left a forthcoming Baker volume off my list of upcoming Trine / JFK books for purposes of quality control. After reading Walt Brown's horrified commentary about her tales in his DYNASTY ebook, it's clear that she's a writer of fiction.

Trine Day have some excellent titles in their library - they reprinted Hendrik's GREAT HEROIN COUP, recently published an admired book on Oklahoma, and have solid books on 9/11 by Mark Gaffney - but the Baker stuff brings down the imprint. I agree with you. We need more people doing the sort of stuff that Newman, Bill Simpich, yourself and a bare few others are up to.

Is Dynasty the name of Walt's book or an article? Curious what he'd have to say about Judy.
DYNASTY is the first proper volume of Walt's master chronology of the JFK assassination, and it's longer than Bugliosi's RECLAIMING HISTORY. It covers events from the early 20th century up to the night before the assassination. While assembling the book, Walt attempted to include data from as many JFK assassination volumes as possible, and included commentary as to whether he thought the 'facts' in each book were on target or pulling the readers leg. So, books like SONS AND BROTHERS, JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE and others are referenced. Walt included Baker's book out of thoroughness ("On this date, Baker claims she met Oswald in a laundromat and the two of them began chatting in Russian"), and Baker's version of events is so ludicrous, convoluted and unbelievable that Walt spends a couple of hundred pages rubbishing her work. He thinks she's a terrible author, and that she's one of a few figures mentioned in his book who concocted fantasies after the event for profit. Walt's ebook is on Amazon.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Anthony Thorne Wrote:I left a forthcoming Baker volume off my list of upcoming Trine / JFK books for purposes of quality control. After reading Walt Brown's horrified commentary about her tales in his DYNASTY ebook, it's clear that she's a writer of fiction.

Is Dynasty the name of Walt's book or an article? Curious what he'd have to say about Judy.

I found the chronology, Dynasty / Death / Discovery to be a really interesting presentation with events I hadn't heard of (the team in yellow raincoats with rifles outside the hotel in Ft Worth when JFK addressed the crowd in the morning, for example) and Walt Brown's comments.

His insights into the difficulties learning Russian were something I hadn't thought about.

For me, he spent too much space on Baker while rejecting her story, but overall I found the Chronology very interesting.

Minor quibble: Brown repeats several times LHO's quote that 'Nobody axed me that question' implying that saying axed instead of asked is a sign of low intelligence, but I have heard a few people from Louisiana use that pronunciation.
I'd pretty much agree with all that. Walt even apologises at one point late in the DYNASTY volume for spending so long on Baker's nonsense, but says he decided to see things through to the end.

You mentioned three of the main ebooks. There's a fourth that hopefully you read - DISAPPOINTMENT - which picks things up right after the weekend of Kennedy's killing and runs through the Warren Commission. I've browsed that one but have yet to finish. There are also around a dozen supplemental ebooks (all very long) that cover Motorcade Witnesses, Dealey Plaza Perceptions, Ruby testimony (annotated), Medical Evidence (annotated) and so on. I bought them in Word doc versions from Walt and chucked them all on my Kindle.
Anthony Thorne Wrote:I'd pretty much agree with all that. Walt even apologises at one point late in the DYNASTY volume for spending so long on Baker's nonsense, but says he decided to see things through to the end.

You mentioned three of the main ebooks. There's a fourth that hopefully you read - DISAPPOINTMENT - which picks things up right after the weekend of Kennedy's killing and runs through the Warren Commission. I've browsed that one but have yet to finish. There are also around a dozen supplemental ebooks (all very long) that cover Motorcade Witnesses, Dealey Plaza Perceptions, Ruby testimony (annotated), Medical Evidence (annotated) and so on. I bought them in Word doc versions from Walt and chucked them all on my Kindle.

Thanks for reminding me. I travel a lot and will get Disappointment & Dealey Plaza Perceptions next. The chronology is perfect for reading parts on planes.
Bill Fite Wrote:[quote=Dawn Meredith][quote=Anthony Thorne]

Minor quibble: Brown repeats several times LHO's quote that 'Nobody axed me that question' implying that saying axed instead of asked is a sign of low intelligence, but I have heard a few people from Louisiana use that pronunciation.

A significance of Oswald using "axed" (or "aksed") for "asked" while under stress may be that "aksed" is a form learned in an American childhood, and consciously corrected in adult speech. Does a seeming reversion under stress indicate that the DPD Oswald is an American? Or one of those clever imposters you read about?

(An aside: "aksed" for "asked" is an very old English form, constantly in use by people concerned with things other than sounding noble and correct. See link below. I used to look down on people who didn't pronounce the L in vulnerable, until I heard dozens of speakers on British television do it, as late as yesterday.)

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news...180949663/
Lateer's book is now out. A lengthy chapter and contents listing is readable when you click on the cover of the book at the Amazon link. Based on the contents my suspicion is that there will be some material and analysis of interest - a couple of his subjects seems fresh - and some areas that are obviously off target. I'll still have a browse at some point.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Barons-Orga...1634241428

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Education Forum Re-admission Request To James Gordon Brian Doyle 4 720 14-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  JFK Goes After Anti-Kennedy Right Wing Extremists Gil Jesus 0 464 27-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,049 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Trump and Kennedy: Is Politico For Real? Jim DiEugenio 4 5,641 12-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,142 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Two more members of the Kennedy clan have died not naturally. Richard Coleman 0 2,593 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  DPF Bans Professor James H. Fetzer: The Rationale The Moderators 69 361,448 04-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  It never stops: Castro killed Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 1,567 09-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,705 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Robert F. Kennedy jr. John Kowalski 13 19,244 25-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Tom Bowden