Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Japanese carrying $134 bil worth of U.S. bonds detained in Italy
Nothing in the US or UK MSM that I can find but this from 'Japan Today':
Quote: ROME —
Two Japanese nationals were detained by Italian financial police last week after trying to enter Switzerland with $134 billion worth of undeclared U.S. bonds, mostly Treasury bonds, an Italian daily said Wednesday. The Japanese consulate general in Milan confirmed that the detention had taken place and said it was trying to confirm with Italian authorities whether the two were indeed Japanese nationals and their identities.

According to the report in il Giornale, two unidentified Japanese in their 50s concealed the bonds, including 249 U.S. Treasury bonds each worth $500 million, in a suitcase with a false bottom that was searched by the Italian authorities June 3 when they were in Chiasso, at the border with Switzerland, about 50 kilometers north of Milan. The daily did not say on what charges they have been detained, but the two may have been detained on suspicion of attempting to take a large amount of securities out of Italy without declaring it because the paper said they had not declared the bonds.
And this from Asia News.It
Quote: US government securities seized from Japanese nationals, not clear whether real or fake
Bonds worth US$ 134.5 billion are seized. This is the largest financial smuggling case in history. But are they real? Concern over ‘funny money’ or counterfeit securities is spreading in Asia. The international press is silent.

[Image: ASIA_-_ITALIA_-_BOND_WALL_STREET.jpg] Milan (AsiaNews) – Italy’s financial police (Guardia italiana di Finanza) has seized US bonds worth US 134.5 billion from two Japanese nationals at Chiasso (40 km from Milan) on the border between Italy and Switzerland. They include 249 US Federal Reserve bonds worth US$ 500 million each, plus ten Kennedy bonds and other US government securities worth a billion dollar each. Italian authorities have not yet determined whether they are real or fake, but if they are real the attempt to take them into Switzerland would be the largest financial smuggling operation in history; if they are fake, the matter would be even more mind-boggling because the quality of the counterfeit work is such that the fake bonds are undistinguishable from the real ones.
What caught the policemen’s attention were the billion dollar securities. Such a large denomination is not available in regular financial and banking markets. Only states handle such amounts of money.
The question now is who could or would counterfeit or smuggle these non-negotiable bonds.
In order to stop money laundering Italian law sets a ceiling of 10,000 euros per person for importing or exporting money without declaring it. The penalty for violating the law is 40 per cent of the money seized.
If the certificates were real, for Italy it would be like hitting the jackpot. The fine alone would amount to US$ 38 billion, five times the estimated cost of rebuilding quake-devastated Abruzzi region. It would help Italy’s eliminate its public deficit.
If the certificates are fakes the two Japanese nationals could get a very lengthy jail sentence for fraud.
As soon as the seizure was made the US Embassy in Rome was informed. Italian and US secret services were called in to assist the Italian financial police.
Some important international financial newspapers had already reported on the existence of ‘funny money’ circulating on parallel, i.e. unofficial, financial markets.
For AsiaNews a few points need considering:
1. When it comes to Italy the world press has tended to focus on Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi’s personal problems rather than on stories like the bonds smuggling affair which has been front page on Italian newspapers.
2. The fear of counterfeit bonds and securities has spread across Asia with the result that real securities are also considered with suspicion.
3. During the Second World War several countries at war printed and put in circulation perfectly counterfeit enemy money. It is also historically established that some central banks, like the Bank of Italy 65 years ago, issued the same securities twice (identical registered number and code). This way they could print more money with legal tender than they officially declared. The main difference though is that 65 years ago the world was involved in a bloody war, which is not the case today.
And this Googlish from the official Italian police press release:
Quote: Milan, 4 Jun. (US)

Duecentoquarantanove nominal bond of the US Federal Reserve of the value of 500 mln USD each more ' 10 bond Kennedy from 1 mld dollars each, hidden in the Fund a suitcase, a total of well 134 mld dollars, amounting to more than 96 mld euro dual.

We have seized the international railway station of Chiasso, on the border between Switzerland and Italy, officials of the territorial operational section of Chiasso, in collaboration with the Finance of the Group of Ponte Chiasso, Guard soldiers in the controls to the contrast of illicit traffic in capital.

Values were owned by two Japanese cinquantenni dropped the railway station of Chiasso from a train coming from Italy which, at the time of the customs control claimed not to have nothing to declare.

A thorough check of luggage has allowed to find titles use hidden at the bottom of a suitcase, one compartment closed and separate containing personal clothes.

Addition to titles, the two Japanese transporting a large bank records in original.

For the bond and documentation that accompanied them, too ' it subject to seizure, are ongoing investigations aimed to establish authenticity ' and origin. If titles are genuine, under the existing legislation, the administrative penalty applicable to holders could reach the 38 billion euros, 40 % of the sum exceeds the permitted 10mila euro relief.
Note the press release date - 4th June. Seems to be a press blackout on it right now. Worth watching methinks
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Stupendo!
Good find Peter.
Not you average Japanese bus tourist I see. I know the Japanese have an admirable culture of saving but I doubt that these two have accumulated all this lucre over their working life. Now, how many vaccinations could that money buy? Or fresh water wells? Or schools?

Interesting and telling the silence of the MSM. Definitely worth watching.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Most interesting Peter. Two Japanese "businessmen" eh. I suppose one could argue that the Yakuza are businessmen?

I've come across ots of stories ike this in the past but I've never,ever heard of "Kennedy Bonds" before and can find no reference to them on the net, other than items related to this story. Based on the story these are special issue Fed bonds issued only to other sovereign nations and are not marketable in the normal sense. The question then is why are these being smuggled into Switzerland? And smuggled from where exactly? Which sovereign legally owns them?

I think it likely that these securities will be found to be "fake", because clearly, there are some very sensitive issues involved and that label would be the easiest way of diffusing the story.

Let's hope more seeps out in the coming days as it is really very intriguing.

Great find btw.

David
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
I'm a dirty rotten liar. I've never, ever heard the term Kennedy Bonds, but I have heard various stories over the years about the issuance of special Fed bonds to sovereigns.

This factors heavily into the so called High Yield Investment Programmes" stories that have circulated for decades now, and are said to represent the "collateral" that sits behind these trading programmes. It is further said that this collateral is itself backed by black gold.

The Kennedy name also often occurs in regard to these matters. I wish to damn I had now bothered to get my old hard drive up and running as I have a lot of material on there about this that relate to an alleged highly secret agreement between Kennedy and Sokarnoe. Unfortunately a fading memory is hindering me here, but I'll ponder on it some more.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:I think it likely that these securities will be found to be "fake", because clearly, there are some very sensitive issues involved and that label would be the easiest way of diffusing the story.

Let's hope more seeps out in the coming days as it is really very intriguing.

Great find btw.

David
Finding them to be fake would also be the easiest way to make sure the bearers are discredited and remain locked up. shades of Peter Johnston and establishment action to mitigate or avoid acute embarrassment per your 'Secret Gold Treaty' eh?. Though the major diffence between 'bearer bonds' and 'gold certificates' suggests that these two are unlikely to be mere intermediaries
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Stupid to not have them bound into a book. Police wouldn't be suspicious of a 'book'..... Quite a lot of $$ if real, and could be sold maybe for quite a lot even if not real.....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Magda Hassan Wrote:Stupendo!
Good find Peter.
Not you average Japanese bus tourist I see. I know the Japanese have an admirable culture of saving but I doubt that these two have accumulated all this lucre over their working life. Now, how many vaccinations could that money buy? Or fresh water wells? Or schools?

Interesting and telling the silence of the MSM. Definitely worth watching.

Well after all MSM has other stories to report: Ms. California just lost her title! Smile
Sure is quiet round this story. Any follow up? I can see none. If they are counterfeit they must be very good as it seems to be taking them a long time to tell if they are or not. No forthcoming statements from the bond holders? No cover story being concocted? Maybe they are still counting the money. Must take quite a long time to count out 134 billion of anything. I thought bonds has serial numbers. They shouldn't be so hard to trace.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Reminds me of the movie "Black Rain" ...
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
David, et al,

Do you smell any Golden Lily connections here?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fake bonds in Italy, uh Vatican, again Carsten Wiethoff 17 7,377 04-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  War bonds are a ticking debt bomb Jon Levy 0 2,154 24-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Jon Levy
  Head Of Communications At Italy's Scandal-Ridden Banca Monte Paschi Has Committed Suicide Danny Jarman 1 3,673 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Barclays Says Italy Is Finished Magda Hassan 0 2,189 09-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  U.S government Confiscating rare gold coins...worth millions of dollars Bernice Moore 4 6,518 01-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  A Billion New $100 Bills Quarantined in Huge Vaults in Fort Worth, Texas and Washington, DC Ed Jewett 4 4,815 06-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  German bonds not selling. Magda Hassan 2 3,646 26-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  China cuts holdings of US treasury bonds Magda Hassan 3 3,391 18-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski