Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeffries' Frazier interview
I had the chance to listen to Don Jeffries' interview of Wesley Frazier a few days ago. It was a good interview, from the perspective of introducing the contemporary American public to an assassination witness. It was a lousy interview, from the researchers' perspective. Given a golden opportunity to push the ball down the field, Jeffries failed miserably. Virtually nothing new was added to the body of knowledge regarding Frazier.

What Jeffries did instead was serve as another of Frazier's enablers, letting him tell the same moth-eaten lies he's been spinning for decades. You, the reader, know as well as I that Frazier's signature story of looking over his shoulder that morning into the back seat and asking Lee "What's in the package?"-  it's a total crock. That's the story that got 11 on a scale of 10 on George O'Toole's voice stress analysis, from a televised CBS interview from November 23. So Frazier, retelling it for the dozenth upteenth time, has BS'ed his own self enough to feel like hes' actually being truthful.

Jeffries fumbled at the critical juncture of when Frazier arrived at the Houston Street warehouse parking lot. This is where Eddie Shields, repeating his assertion 3 times, told Clarence Day of the HSCA that Givens ( a rover between the Houston St. warehouse & the TSBD) had shouted out to Frazier "Where's your rider?" and Shields, who was on the 1st floor at the time, heard Frazier say "I dropped him off at the building."

Not only does O'Toole strongly imply that the curtain-rod package is a myth, but Shields cements that notion, and Gil Jesus' essay The Bag Job proves that the DPD sample fibers & the paper gunsack fibers match, and they were taken from the TSBD the same time that affternoon (i.e. very likely that Truly manufactured the gunsack, once he heard that Oswald had been captured alive, and needed a piece of evidence to frame Oswald for bringing a rifle into the TSBD.)

At 23:15 Frazier gets asked, for the 1st time he claims, about the elevator power outage. He claimed he did not know anything about it, that he was busy working, and glossed over the incident. And Jeffries was a total flunkie, not reminding Frazier that this occurred during the first minutes of the police search. Not bothering to ask where any power switches were located. And Frazier added another lie, that he always ate in the basement because it was cool down there, when his WC testimony talked about eating with the guys up in the domino room.

I still have the firm opinion that Frazier confabulated his story about seeing Oswald leave via the rear dock. Flunkie Jeffries didn't bother asking him why this wasn't mentioned until 2002.

It was good to get the details at 42:20 about the man with the rifle on the Elm St. Extension that Frazier saw just after the assassination. He said there were no other witnesses, which is a little convenient but he seems truthful here. Says he repressed this out of fright for many years. This rifle man sounds like an undercover DIA operative to me. Frazier in his HSCA interview did point out to Jack Moriarty that "It was a military experience."

When his Irving home was searched, at 50:10, he didn't mention his Enfield rifle. It was listed on the items confiscated. My suspicions are that this was used as leverage against Frazier, since Lt. Day's first radio response upon leaving the TSBD with the alleged murder rifle, when asked the make, said it was an Enfield.

Nor is Frazier ever confronted about the contradiction, learning somehow (from who, Don Jeffries?) that Truly & Baker had seen a 1/2-eaten apple and cheese sandwich, yet Frazier claims Lee didn't bring his lunch on the morning drive, or that he speculated Oswald was going off to a sandwich shop when he saw him leave via the rear dock. Jeffries covers for Frazier by speculating that perhaps Oswald got something off the catering truck.

I think Don was just a little too taken in by the glam of getting an interview with the elusive Wesley Frazier. But his effort was almost worthless in terms of what was uncovered. I'm still convinced Frazier was a conspirator-  he confabulated the story about Oswald carrying a gunsack across the railyard, and he was alone in the basement, not working (as he claimed to Jeffries), but allegedly having his lunch, when the elevators lost power-  i.e. he was the one who cut the power-  a big mistake in the planning, because the evidence up on the 6th was tidied up pronto, and highly likely that a Treasury agent searching the building started yelling out that the elevators had lost their power. And so they had to be turned back on post haste, lest the plot inside the TSBD be exposed.
The link to that interview is https://ochelli.com/buell-wesley-frazier-riding/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victoria Adams Interview By Mort Sahl 1966 Brian Doyle 1 263 05-01-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,650 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Oliver Stone interview Milo Reech 0 1,190 27-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Stunning Interview with Mort Sahl Jim DiEugenio 1 4,812 28-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: James Lewis
  Did Katzenbach ever explain his now infamous memo either in his memoirs or interview? Edwin Ortiz 4 4,347 16-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,773 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
  Sylvia Meagher's interview on KPFK, January 1967 Paul Rigby 3 12,786 13-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  New interview on Conspiracy Corner News Joseph McBride 0 3,930 26-08-2017, 05:49 AM
  Dan Hardway Interview: Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 1 3,273 09-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Alan Dale's interview with John Newman Anthony Thorne 1 3,590 09-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Thomas Neal