Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request to Kill a US Navy LT CMDR
- Orders to Kill

August 16, 2002

I was behind my desk at Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona, when we received word that President Kennedy had been shot. Yuma was where we busied ourselves testing parachutes and airdrop equipment of US and foreign origin. The news of his assassination hit us, as it did the entire nation, like a shock-wave and got me thinking about the Army’s Special Forces, remembering what they had meant to JFK.

The very next day I volunteered for Counterinsurgency and Guerrilla Warfare training. By mid-January of 1964 I was a student at the Special Warfare Center in Fort Bragg, North Carolina and on my way to earning the right to wear the Green Beret. I recalled how the Commander-in-Chief had described that special headgear as “the symbol of excellence, the mark of distinction, the badge of courage” and I wanted, more than anything, to be a part of that elite group of unconventional warriors he had admired.

The training was accomplished by highly motivated instructors, all of whom, with exception of the few CIA “advisors,” had seen at least one year of combat as a Green Beret. CIA personnel were involved in instruction related to terrorism and assassination techniques, to the extent of going into detail on how the JFK “hit” was perpetrated, including film footage and photographs taken in Dealey Plaza that fateful day. This Top Secret instruction was given on “Smoke Bomb Hill” in an old cantonment area at Fort Bragg. One classroom-type wooden building with raised stage, surrounded by barbed-wire topped fences and patrolled by MPs or guard dogs, was the training facility used for such highly classified subjects.

I shared a “gut feeling” with a few others in my class that our CIA instructors had first-hand knowledge of what happened in Dallas. A sobering thought, particularly so in view of my motives for joining Special Forces. During a coffee break one day, an instructor casually remarked on the “success of the conspiracy in Dallas,” tending to confirm my suspicions that the President’s murder was conceived, executed and covered up by high-level echelons within our government. I attempted to rationalize this by believing there had to have been compelling reasons, with no malicious intent as such on the part of loyal Americans who deemed it necessary, at significant risk to themselves, to wrest the White House from one considered ill-equipped to lead our nation in those troubled times.

What I subsequently gleaned led me to believe that evil factions in certain agencies within our government had engineered and executed the conspiracy that left President Kennedy dead. The acknowledgement to me by the Don of a Boston area Mafia family that he had refused a “Company” (CIA) request for use of his people in the “hit” on JFK will be covered in detail in Part 7: An Offer From the Don.

On 4 January 2001 former Green Beret Captain John J McCarthy Jr., an officer who does not endorse my book Expendable Elite, told me he had received word from a former Miami Police detective that “…they had word on the street that Kennedy was going to be shot in Miami” and that was a month before he was assassinated in Dallas — and that plans were changed for JFK’s safety, fed my appetite to dig deeper into what I believed to be a conspiracy. McCarthy concluded by telling me, “This information was turned over to the Secret Service, but it never made it into the Warren Commission or any other files.”

As I sat riveted to my TV set in November 1993, viewing a lengthy 30th anniversary documentary on the assassination in Dallas, I was hit between the eyes with a fact that shook me to the core, took me back in time to August, 1965 and reinforced my belief in the reality of CIA directed political assassinations. At the documentary’s conclusion I was stunned to see the name of William Bruce Pitzer flash across the screen in a list of violent deaths putatively linked to the cover-up of a conspiracy to kill JFK.

It was early in August, 1965 that I was asked by the CIA to kill US Navy Lieutenant Commander William Bruce Pitzer.

August 23, 2002

The ordinary took on the extraordinary during what began as a routine day in the 6th Special Forces Group cantonment area at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. As the Group S-4 I supervised the logistical support of our 1200 unconventional warriors, whether they were in training at or near Fort Bragg or operating around-the-globe as small teams of Green Berets assisting other nations in counter-guerrilla, anti-terrorist, civic action or psychological warfare activities.

Shortly after lunch I was summoned to our headquarters where Colonel C. W. Patten told me that a ‘Company man’ was waiting in the nearby pine trees to meet with me. Though Colonel Patten was my commanding officer, he had no idea what it was about, familiar only with the fact our visitor was looking for a ‘volunteer.’

“Its the way the ‘game’ is played,” I thought to myself, all the while feeling the beginnings of an adrenaline surge, that shot of extra strength and endurance needed to get me through impossible situations. My mind conjured up wild thoughts about the yet unknown: what sort of intrigue might be in store for the ‘volunteer’ he was seeking? Only too soon I would learn what I thought at the time to be too much. I now thank God for what I learned in that moment of truth from a CIA Operative searching for a volunteer that would open a door to unlock part of the mystery surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the untimely demise of those who would open the can of worms that surrounded the conspiracy cover-up.

Perhaps a hundred yards into the wooded area behind Group headquarters a slender man of about 5’10” waited. Dressed casually in short sleeves, light slacks and sunglasses appropriate for the August heat, he flashed his ID, shook my hand and spoke to me in a low and steady voice, asking if I would terminate a man who was preparing to give States secrets to the enemy — a would-be traitor? Not only was I an overzealous patriot at the time, I was trained in assassination techniques and told that I could be asked to volunteer for such a mission outside the United States. Performing that type of mission ‘outside the US’ was a crucial factor in our ‘understanding.’ Along with the others undergoing the same type of training, I was led to believe that the ‘resources’ of the Mafia were to be drawn on by the CIA via an ‘arrangement’ with them for the fulfillment of Stateside contracts. I was unaware of any rift that had developed between family Dons and the CIA hierarchy. I assumed the ‘hit’ would be overseas as I was on special orders to report to the 5th Special Forces in South Vietnam some four months hence. Without hesitation I said “sure,” thinking that once I was in Vietnam I could easily be flown via CIA owned Southern Air Transport to wherever my ‘target’ happened to be at that time. Once I had accomplished my mission I would return to 5th Group as arranged by the agent in charge, who would be the only one knowing where I’d been or what I’d done.

It was then told to me that it was Lieutenant Commander William Bruce Pitzer whom they wanted “taken care of” before his retirement at Bethesda Naval Hospital. I refused because it was to be done in the United States. As I left, the agent went on to meet at least one other Green Beret officer that afternoon, perhaps finding a volunteer to do his bidding: LCDR William Bruce Pitzer was found shot dead in his office on 29 October 1966, victim of an assassination conspiracy, shot down in cold blood before he could show the world what he knew about the JFK assassination.
LTC Daniel Marvin, US Army (Ret'd)
Thank you so much Dan for writing this book and coming to this forum. I know that you have paid a heavy price in speaking out as you have. I also want a better world for everyone's children. Things must change and you have been a part of that change in exposing the hidden criminals and their actions.

Do you have any clues as to who may have actually taken the job to murder Cdr. Pfitzer? Or what has happened to others involved in its planning?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Troops Plotted to Kill President Obama Adele Edisen 16 9,502 18-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Missing Pakistani Journalist Who Wrote of ISI/Navy/Al Quida Links Found Dead! Peter Lemkin 3 3,765 30-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  License to Kill Bernice Moore 0 2,829 16-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Did CIA Kill Massoud? Albert Doyle 3 5,606 20-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  New threat to kill presidents Christer Forslund 0 3,113 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  Robert Kennedy's assassin 'plotted to kill brother Edward too' Magda Hassan 4 13,167 15-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo
  Just In: Obama Admin. Admits Gave OK Kill US Citizens Overseas! Peter Lemkin 30 19,637 12-02-2010, 10:10 AM
  Al Jazeera Interview: Hitman Says was Offered $25 Million to Kill Chavez Magda Hassan 0 3,396 27-09-2009, 02:57 PM
  New Details on the Alleged Plot to Kill Arafat Magda Hassan 2 6,271 23-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  CIA "Kill List" Panel Wears a Cloak of Invisibility 0 375 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: