Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahem... (just clearing my throat)
Interested parties will want to read this,
paying special attention to the date of publication, the authors, and
the members of the study group noted at the end of the paper.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Nice find Ed! Showing their hand again like the PNAC doc. Same players in all. I feel like I want to vomit when I read it. It is so smarmy and reeking of false sincerity it could have been written by Tony Blair's speech writer/puppeteer. And probably was. You just know when you read it they are desperately trying to sell you something you absolutely do not need. :puke:
Where did you find this little gem?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Where did I find this?!

Why, in the library over at Harvard ... er, um ... on the Internet? ... ah, well, gosh... on a discussion board not unlike this one? ... geesh, a guy can't keep any secrets around here? I don't want to give away the keys to a treasure trove, do I? I've packed away about five or six major goodies for later. :goodnight:
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Ed Jewett Wrote:Where did I find this?!

Why, in the library over at Harvard ... er, um ... on the Internet? ... ah, well, gosh... on a discussion board not unlike this one? ... geesh, a guy can't keep any secrets around here? I don't want to give away the keys to a treasure trove, do I? I've packed away about five or six major goodies for later. :goodnight:

Is it later yet? Idea
Wow. It IS a gem. Pre dates the PNAC "Absent a New Pearl Harhour" document too, with Philip Zelikow of all people one of its authors. Consider:
Quote:Readers should imagine the possibilities for themselves, because the most serious constraint on current policy is lack of imagination. An act of catastrophic terrorism that killed thousands or tens of thousands of people and/or disrupted the necessities of life for hundreds of thousands, or even millions, would be a watershed event in America’s history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented for peacetime and undermine Americans’ fundamental sense of security within their own borders in a manner akin to the 1949 Soviet atomic bomb test, or perhaps even worse. Constitutional liberties would be challenged as the United States sought to protect itself from further attacks by pressing against allowable limits in surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects, and the use of deadly force. More violence would follow, either as other terrorists seek to imitate this great "success" or as the United States strikes out at those considered responsible. Like Pearl Harbor, such an event would divide our past and future into a "before" and "after." The effort and resources we devote to averting or containing this threat now, in the "before" period, will seem woeful, even pathetic, when compared to what will happen "after." Our leaders will be judged negligent for not addressing catastrophic terrorism more urgently.
Prophetic or what?
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Quote:I've packed away about five or six major goodies for later. :goodnight:

Please, Sir, I want some more! :eating:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Quote:I've packed away about five or six major goodies for later. :goodnight:
Please, Sir, I want some more! :eating:

It is approaching later (first, a time out for coffee and such), and I shall share more in good time. It is amazing what one can stumble upon (to borrow on a commercialized concept) when one is just out looking around, turning over rocks and leaf piles. Curiosity is the best toy in the toy store.

Some of the things I have found will be filed away for later (I only have so much time in a day), and others will be sent forthwith to key folk for vetting, and one or two tasty tidbits will be re-shaped and posted elsewhere. None of it has anything more to do with 9/11 or this Zelikow paper, to which my reaction was in the same vein as others.

On stuff like this, the key is to get it out there where others can read, play, fact-check, correlate it with other stuff, etc. One of the amusing things is to watch the reactions when you drop it into different worlds. :flybye:
Magda Hassan Wrote:Where did you find this little gem?

Okay, okay... I'll fess up. I found that Zelikow paper in the 9/11 thread at a discussion board associated with a blog I used to read semi-religiously called Rigorous Intuition, by Jeff Wells: http://rigint.blogspot.com/ .

The forum is here: http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/index.php .

Jeff took some time off to write his second book, and I lost track of any further blog entries, but the archives are still there.

There's a thread on Danny Casolaro and the Octopus which features an article by some fellow named David Guyatt here: http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/vi...php?t=9786

There's a thread on The Finders here: http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/vi...php?t=8555

There are numerous threads of interest but, as always, one has to wade in slowly, wearing waders. (This is sort of like fly fishing, isn't it?)

It's also where I found that little bit about the TV show called Dollhouse. I'll go over to that thread here at DPF and add some more stuff.