Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for the facts
From Jerusalem Post, today:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c...2FShowFull

Olmert on way into court: 'The time has come for the facts'

By JPOST.COM STAFF

Charges against former premier Ehud Olmert include fraudulent receipt of goods, false registration of corporate documents, fraud, breach of trust, and tax evasion in the Rishon Tours scandal, the "cash envelopes" affair, and the "investment center" case.
On his way into the court, Olmert told reporters that he had been subject to "an almost inhumane three years of slander and interrogations," and that he had "paid a heavy price" for the allegations.
"But the time has come for the facts and the facts only," he said. "I have arrived here as a completely innocent man, and I believe I'll leave here a completely innocent man."
Asked about his trial on Thursday in an interview on BBC's Hard Talk program, Olmert said he had full confidence that he would be proven innocent. "I am innocent," he said. "I look at some of my colleagues, my former colleagues in different Western countries in Europe. They were charged with similar accusations and in the end, nothing happened. And I am absolutely certain that this will be the outcome of this particular case."
When asked whether he had wrestled with the prospect of ending up in prison, he said: "Ah, I laugh," and added that in his mind there was absolutely no possibility that could happen.

I beg to differ. Carsten
The most relevant literature regarding what happened since September 11, 2001 is George Orwell's "1984".
Then there is the other one on rape charges and they just keep coming.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EFF to take NSA and USG to Court over Electronic Spying on Everyone, Everywhere, All the time! Peter Lemkin 0 2,242 28-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  No more amnesty for the Generals in Argentina and Uruguay. Jail time. Magda Hassan 5 4,951 18-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan