Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"A Terrible Mistake" by H. P. Albarelli, Jr. -- Books
Hank Albarelli, Jr., author of the seminal A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Cold War Experiments, graciously has agreed to join us at the Deep Politics Forum.

This extraordinarily important and courageous book is to be lauded not just for the breadth of its subject matters, but also for the manners in which it links them operationally and, for lack of a more precise word, philosophically.

I am starting Albarelli-related threads here and on the JFK and Alchemy/Borderlands sections of our forum -- and that's just for starters. We should focus on the Olson affair here, I'd suggest.

A Terrible Mistake is published by the redoubtable TrineDay. It is not to be missed.
Thanks, CD. I look forward...
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
I continue to be astounded at the caliber of people we have the privilege to access on this forum. Thank you all once again for your generosity in sharing your time with so many (sincere) neophytes to Deep Politics.

It would be easy (and probably accepted) for many of you to take a haughty, condescending attitude to those of us who are just learning the Ways of the World. But, in my experience, no one here ever does. And it is appreciated. And it will continue to win you converts and add to the growing army of eyes and ears on the Powers That Be.

Thank you.
"If you're looking for something that isn't there, you're wasting your time and the taxpayers' money."

-Michael Neuman, U.S. Government bureaucrat, on why NIST didn't address explosives in its report on the WTC collapses
Bruce Clemens Wrote:I continue to be astounded at the caliber of people we have the privilege to access on this forum. Thank you all once again for your generosity in sharing your time with so many (sincere) neophytes to Deep Politics.

It would be easy (and probably accepted) for many of you to take a haughty, condescending attitude to those of us who are just learning the Ways of the World. But, in my experience, no one here ever does. And it is appreciated. And it will continue to win you converts and add to the growing army of eyes and ears on the Powers That Be.

Thank you.

You are most welcome.
Ed Jewett Wrote:Thanks, CD. I look forward...

I finished this book some time ago. Along with a general lack of time, I must pause before I do a thorough review, wondering what it is that I could say that would do it justice. I am re-reading it to review the parts I highlighted and annotated. I will, perhaps, have more to say in the future. The author is rightly not liberal in his attitudes about quoting from it, perhaps because the tale is braided, not told; to share an early piece of it could be dangerously misleading.

But I can and will say the following:

It is a massive work that runs over 700 pages. It is additionally loaded with appendices, footnotes, and an index. It covers events extending over six decades. It is a tour de force. It will gave any American citizen (as well as those from other countries) both an in-depth look at the mindset inside our security apparatus, the degrees to which it will go, and the degree to which it will go to cover up where it went.

It is a reference book for researchers in addition to a vastly important read.

It belongs on the bookshelf of any serious deep political researcher.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
I'll be looking forward to it Ed.Read
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Books about the CIA 1947-2012 (Warwick University) Paul Rigby 0 4,380 08-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  What We Could Learn From Two Non-Fiction Books About Sherlock Holmes - Reviewed Adele Edisen 2 4,195 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Talking About Books: Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero Bernice Moore 0 2,287 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  640 jfk assassination books... Bernice Moore 2 10,420 11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  State Department buys $70,000 worth of Obama books Ed Jewett 1 2,890 01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Plenty of books at Ralph Nader Library. Long list here. Magda Hassan 0 5,582 14-11-2009, 06:09 AM
  Life Magazine archive now available on Google Books Magda Hassan 0 2,810 20-10-2009, 02:03 AM
  Online books Myra Bronstein 0 3,397 20-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein
  Selected List of Books Adele Edisen 9 8,211 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin